FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Association of Muslim Governors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iftikhar
Last Chance Saloon
Last Chance Saloon

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Association of Muslim Governors Reply with quote

Association of Muslim Governors
There is a shortage of school governors and it is difficult to find a Muslim governor in a state schools. A campaign has started to recruit more and more Muslim governors. In 2003, there were only 53 Muslim schools and now there are more than 126 full-time Muslim schools and more are in the pipe line because of racism and anti-Muslim feeling in state schools. The silent majority of Muslim parents would like to send their children to Muslim schools. In my opinion, AOMG and MCB should campaign for more state funded Muslim schools rather than asking for more Muslim governors in state schools. Muslim children are disadvantaged by an education system that perpetuates inequalities. British media and schooling tried their best to mirror Islamic cultural values as inferior, backward traditions and unworthy. This cultural obliteration is being made possible by the negation of the right to speak Urdu and Arabic as well as choice of dress.

I think that Muslim governors in state schools are not going to bring any kind of change. I became the first Muslim governor in Newham in the 70s but left after three years. I was the only Muslim governors and I found it a waste of time. In the 90s, Stratford school in Newham was opted out by the board of governors from the LEA. Majority of governors were Muslims. Within a year there was a conflict with the non-Muslim head teacher and the Secretary of State for Education dismissed all the governors and appointed new governors. The head teacher took early retirement and was awarded round about two hundred and fifty thousands pounds as a reward for getting rid of Muslim governors

There are hundreds of state schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion, those schools should be designated as Muslim community schools. State funded Muslim schools are the solution and not the problem. Muslim pupils are bilingual. Bilingualism strengthens their cultural identity and foster educational success. It is such a gift to a child, that it is irresponsible not to encourage its natural development. Trilingual 11-years olds outperform monolingual children in reading tests. They are five times more likely to get five A-C grades at GCSE than those who don’t. Bilingualism and biculturalism should be valued and recognized by the teachers. If children’s education leads them to believe that the language of their parents is somehow “inferior”, the chances of their feeling out of place in their extra-familial environment are likely to be greater (“banlieux” of Paris, November 2005?). Telling them to “go home”, to a “home” where they were not born, is no sort of a solution. The price of ignoring children’s bilingualism is educational failure and social exclusion. Learning to read in three languages has social, emotional and cognitive advantages, according to a study of 5-7 years olds in Watford. The children learn English, Urdu and Arabic at the same time at the age of five.
Iftikhar Ahmad
www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk
Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Association of Muslim Governors Reply with quote

Iftikhar wrote:

There are hundreds of state schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion, those schools should be designated as Muslim community schools. State funded Muslim schools are the solution and not the problem.

The only solution that brings is divide and conquer. Rolling Eyes

If in Bulgaria, Christians and Muslims can worship in the same churches and go to the same schools, why can't the same happen over here?

Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Association of Muslim Governors Reply with quote

Graham wrote:

The only solution that brings is divide and conquer. Rolling Eyes

If in Bulgaria, Christians and Muslims can worship in the same churches and go to the same schools, why can't the same happen over here?

That info from Bulgaria sounds great, Graham. Is it definitely true? Any source?

Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seperate schools are a really bad idea.
Children who school in Pakistan are taught islamic history, Urdu and Arabic but arent there are opportunities where these can be taught at home or in the Mosque?
There are generations of White english people who have not had a conversation with a Muslim person simply because they have not been in situation where it could happen. Also a lot of Muslims are so self contained in a community where they do not have a proper conversation with a non Muslim.
I work with a mixed group of people and our prejudices and judgements are being challenged all the time because we are giving eachother the time to talk about our lifestyles and values.
Simplistic maybe, but segregation is such a bad idea.
The way housing is planned, determines ghettos and encorouges tribal mentalities. I refuse to submit to such NWO visions.

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iftikhar only posts on this subject and many of these discussions have been had before. Can I advise anyone interested in following up his ideas to contact him directly and otherwise leave it at that?
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its the koran that says they hate jews and christians

correct me if im wrong

it was the albanians who helped hitler

the serbs fought hitler

Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Association of Muslim Governors Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
Iftikhar wrote:

There are hundreds of state schools where Muslim pupils are in majority. In my opinion, those schools should be designated as Muslim community schools. State funded Muslim schools are the solution and not the problem.

wow I didn't see this Surprised

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

festival of snickers wrote:

correct me if im wrong

the serbs fought hitler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_Koran

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct me if im wrong

the serbs fought hitler

I think you'll find no religious book to preach hatred of any kind. Preachers on the other hand have a knack at using certain words to benefit their own aims!

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Qur%27an#Christians_and_ Jews_in_the_Qur.27an

to say christ wasnt crucified and rose again is blasphemy and nonsense

thats the gospel :the death burial and resurection of jesus -so its patronizing nonsense when they say they accept jesus as prophet when they dont go by his words that he had wounds in hands and rose again

the modern preachers do the same and they can go to hell

!!!!!!!!

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to solve the religion in school issue is either have a fair and balanced RE studies and no other religious Dogma or no Religious Studies or dogma!
As it stands or stood when I was at school we took a brief overview of the big 4 or 5 religions but were told we believe Christianity here, and that is right for us. The only people to ever receive preferential treatment was the JWs. I oftern wondered why that was and now wonder why they can't openly discuss 9/11 Very Happy

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Qur%27an#Christians_and_ Jews_in_the_Qur.27an

to say christ wasnt crucified and rose again is blasphemy and nonsense

thats the gospel :the death burial and resurection of jesus -so its patronizing nonsense when they say they accept jesus as prophet when they dont go by his words that he had wounds in hands and rose again

the modern preachers do the same and they can go to hell

!!!!!!!!

Oh gg there you go sowing seeds of hate? I personnaly believe none of the nonsense other than Jesus was a sterling chap who sought to change the way the world was governed/people interacted!! Being realistic if he had risen again he clearly survived the ordeal or someone acted as double Razz
But like in the 'Life Of Brian' it all comes down to the gourd!

gypsum
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. How ignorant.

As Disco said, no religious books preach hate. Try not to write such twaddle again and you'll do ok.
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont care whats your religion or even if youre gay i just think its dishonest to say you respect jesus but doubt what he says

what basis do they take some of the historical record and disregard the rest

true christians probably did bad in crusades to muslims and i dont hate the people and id think many are good people

im probably one of cat stevens biggest fans

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally went to a C of E school and believe that church or faith based schools are good because they provide better education. I diagree with racially or ethnically divided schools because that is where society falls apart.
In many countries in the world like GHANA muslims, christians, catholics, jews, live, work and pray in close proximity without a problem. Certainly in my school there was no racial or religious tensions or problems. In my part of London mixed relationships are the norm rather than the exception.

But solely muslim or solely jewish schools are in my view a problem because they create a lack of understanding of other faiths and races and lead to hatred. i personally would even say that schools must all be mixed in every way possible and no school should be allowed to become all black or all muslim or all catholic as this is wrong.
In tottenham there was an all black school called John Loughborough.
This achieved good education standards but also created pupils who i found ethnically unintergrated. In northern towns where u have 97% pakistani schools i feel the pupils are losing out.

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true or is it false?

1 Jacob, Moses and Jesus Christ (our Lord) all appear in both the Bible and the Koran.
2 The Koran is not the only scripture that the Muslims respect, there are two others. The Torah (sp) also respected in Judaism.
3 Muslims are being targetted as a threat as their authority is higher than the law and the media. They are less likely to be manipulated and have stronger respect for their elders and tradition.
4 They have strong family values and are trying to live their lives in a more God centred way. This is highly threatening to the atheistic and community breaking visions of the NWO.
5 They are easier to target because they are likely to have darker skin and more noticeble more traditional clothing. This tactic also embedsracism nicely
6 The west wants their oil (the worlds resources) and Babylon
7 The whole thing is a filfthy plot to win the war as written in Revelations in the Bible. Question
conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Ghettoisation is segregation by another name... Reply with quote

If there are jewish funded state school inevitably there must be muslim ones. The problem starts by the fact that taxpayers are funding segregation and separation not integration or assimilation.

Globalism by its very nature aims to ensure a race to the bottom not the top. The highest standards in schooling aren't created by the right to choose. Those with money choose one/two schools in every borough. Those with more money go private. Those without much money if in ethnic areas 'choose' ethnic ghetto state schools.

No problem can be resolved unless religion is taken out of tax funded state schools. One doesn't have jewish only hospitals or black only ones. Yet we have that for schools...
kc
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
true christians probably did bad in crusades to muslims

In case you hadnt noticed, the fundementalists in the White House aint exactly delivering flowers to Muslims today mate.

Oh and
Quote:
i dont care whats your religion or even if youre gay

EVEN if you're Gay? Since when did being gay become such a big thing that not hating someone on the basis of it was something that needed stressing?
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
Is it true or is it false?

1 Jacob, Moses and Jesus Christ (our Lord) all appear in both the Bible and the Koran.
2 The Koran is not the only scripture that the Muslims respect, there are two others. The Torah (sp) also respected in Judaism.
3 Muslims are being targetted as a threat as their authority is higher than the law and the media. They are less likely to be manipulated and have stronger respect for their elders and tradition.
4 They have strong family values and are trying to live their lives in a more God centred way. This is highly threatening to the atheistic and community breaking visions of the NWO.
5 They are easier to target because they are likely to have darker skin and more noticeble more traditional clothing. This tactic also embedsracism nicely
6 The west wants their oil (the worlds resources) and Babylon
7 The whole thing is a filfthy plot to win the war as written in Revelations in the Bible. Question

You raise a number of questions. The main point is this. Buddhism, Christianity and Islam are essentially one religion. Everything in the bible is in the koran. The only difference is when Jesus(pbuh) talks about
"i shall send forth a comforter"
muslims believe he is talking about the prophet Mohammed(pbuh)
whereas modern christians believe he is talking about the Holy Ghost.

I think the issue about oil is a false one. As most oil is in places like Russia, Canada, Mexico, Venezuala, etc. Oil is not controlled by muslims and i would not call the rulers of arabia as muslims rather proxies of george bush and his dad. The real problem is we dont even need oil. Cars can run on peanut oil or sugar. Gas can be made from coal as it was in britain for hundreds of years. Power stations can run on hydro electric as they do in brazil. Oil is a curse to a muslim country.

Muslims are no better or worse than any other group. But in todays society they appear to be demonised by our rulers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: