FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

report - William Rodriguez at the East London Mosque

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: report - William Rodriguez at the East London Mosque Reply with quote

Hello everyone... I still don't know what to say.

I shall start with some things I thought could have been better. The way we were doing the stalls, well I say for myself was disorganised.
They had a female and male side. So when William was doing his signings and selling his materials, he had a place on each side to do so. I had no idea how we were going to do this, cause Belinda had a stall on the otherside and I had a makeshift one of the males side.

However, I was on William's spot... whoops. Secondly, I felt really uneasy, for it was not made clear to the audience how this was going to work. There was no ordered queuing system, there were no stewards. My stall got mobbed, sold out. However... someone should have told everyone to stay behind and wait for William to finish on the females side and be here at the males side.

Also... I think we sort of were stepping on ... well I felt I was getting in Wiliams way, as I was set up on his table whoops. Okay thats a personal guilt thing and clumsyness thing there.

I do apologise for anything that I was responsible for and should have been responsible for. I really hope people would give their honest feedback and allow me to apologise and try to make ammends.

------------------------------------

The talk itself other than that was fantastic! There were many people there who knew absolutely nothing about 9/11. Many people were seeing William's face for the first time ever and hearing, seeing these things for the first time ever, first hand! So we had them fresh!

William had them so GRIPPED! There was point when William was showing them where he was dug out from under the Fire Truck, and it was like a great wave, everyone stood up to get a clearer look.

The questions were sweet and quite.... I mean you could tell from the questioning how new this was for them all. You did not get anything like the type of questioning we are used to.

The halls were packed, we had people standing at the back and people sitting on the floor at the front. People seriously were really buzzing, I mean their whole image of their world just got turned upside down and they are loving it! William went straight to George Galloway, and now he went straight to the heart of his constituency. Respect, Stop The War... etc, etc, you guys, we coming for you haha! We got you GOOD!

I was also called into the MCR Radio station and asked to briefly let the listeners who were not able to be there to let them know the main points of the evening and where they could get more info. I gave them william911.com and 911truthcampaign.net

------------------------------------------------

Now the people loved him, they really want him back. I spoke to some of the other organisers afterwards, everyone was saying KEEP IN TOUCH. They asked me about the possibility of Annie and David giving a talk. For they are new also to what they went through and are intrigued. So perhaps we can sell copies of "Spies, Lies and Whistleblowers".

I think also they would like William, anytime he is free on a Saturday night, 10pm, to be on their MCR Radio Show.

Also, I shall get to asking about how we can have more stalls at LMC to sell the rest of our materials, for they sell like hotcakes there. If me and Stefan thought selling at UEL was something... haha, in 30mins flat my big box from Belinda was Empty!

----------------------------------

Right.... Im still buzzing and still struggling to think of what to say. Other than apologise for allowing the end to be so disorganised and messed up.
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt cut yourself up about it. By the sounds of it the event was a huge sucess, WR got through to a large number of new people and loads of stuff was sold.

Sounds like a fairly good deal to me!

Just as william has polished his performance by having done it hundreds of times, we have to start learning and doing the same with our event planning and organizational skills.

What must be done is not mope around feeling sorry for ourselves that "we should have done this or that" but simply write a list down and say: Right next time we will correct these points.

Its as simple as that.

C.

President Eisenhower 1961
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ELM was great, well done Zabooka! Just one grouch - it's a pity I was shut up when I tried to ask the audience to write to George Galloway. There really was no need - what could be wrong with asking them to write asking Galloway to meet with the 911 Truth Campaign? This letter-writing can perhaps be organised by Zabooka through Mosque contacts, but it needs to be done.
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you worry. I am sure that they shall now be contacting their media and their political representatives for responses to this.

However, I don't think it was because of what you were saying, I think it was because you were not asking a question, but making a statement or request to people other than William.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fantastic! Sorry I missed it, but perhaps just as well as the place was packed out.

Don't castigate yourself for errors, Zu. We're on a steep learning curve and this was our first time in a mosque, with a gender divided audience. We'll handle it better next time.

So which Mosques next: Regents Park, Finsbury Park, Woking or any of the small ones all over the country?

And congratulations Zu! Once again you have pulled off a success.
londonsound
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the basis of your own report. well done. excellent stuff!!

Mykal
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be more things to come, however, I shall not say a word until things are confirmed Surprised)
Stephen
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done guys Smile
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a blinding success Zabooka. Well done to all involved. Cool

It's easy to get mobbed on the stalls btw Very Happy, even at smaller events and it does need planning and perhaps stewards as you suggest.

Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good that the information is getting out! Well done all!

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: