FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taking Liberties film reminder on at Lancaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Gathering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infowarrior_uk
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Taking Liberties film reminder on at Lancaster Reply with quote

Hi forum just a reminder of the film Taking Liberties is showing this week at the dukes cinema in Lancaster this week:-
synopsis:-
Habeas Corpus is one of our oldest liberties. It was first introduced in 1215 in the Magna Carta, which stated: “No free man shall be seized or imprisoned…except by the lawful judgement of his equals or by the law of the land.

The Rights to Protest, to Freedom of Speech, to Privacy. The Right not to be detained without charge, Innocent Until Proven Guilty, Prohibition from Torture. Taking Liberties claims that these six central pillars of liberty have been systematically destroyed by New Labour amidst a climate of fear created by the media and government itself. Teenage sisters detained for 36 hours for a peaceful protest; an RAF war veteran arrested for wearing an anti-Bush and Blair T-shirt; an innocent man shot in a police raid; and a man held under house arrest for two years, after being found innocent in court. This fascinating film combines these real stories of liberty loss with never-seen-before footage, comments from leading politicians, celebrities, human rights organisations, academics and lawyers. All this and pumping soundtrack with tracks by Oasis, Radiohead, Stranglers and Franz Ferdinand.

source: http://www.dukes-lancaster.org/cinema.php?list=film

Screenings

Wednesday, 4 July, 2007 18:00
Thursday, 5 July, 2007 20:30

I'll be there on Thursday at the 20:30pm showing

Taking Liberties website: http://www.noliberties.com/cinema.htm

Mick Meaney
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you're in Lancaster, do you ever come to our events?

The plan for Taking Liberties is to campaign on the Weds night (we can't on the Thurs cause William Rodriguez will be in Grange).

If you want campaign materials for Thursday let me know and I can meet you in town.

SchNews
Action speaks louder than..
Infowarrior_uk
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mick,
Yeah I'll be there with my girl on Thursday night (she is still part of the sheeple yet, so i have to ease her into the movement). Confused
So as to campaign materials I have not come to such an event yet, my events so far have only been David Icke last year and 9/11 confronting the evidence tour in 2005.
I constantly give videos out to people who i think i can wake and inform them of various related issues face to face or in forums, so far this is the only activism I do.
In the future i know i will be at your and many more events but i have to get the balls first Laughing (better to be honest)
Thanks,
Infowarrior, Wigan

Mick Meaney

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So as to campaign materials I have not come to such an event yet, my events so far have only been David Icke last year and 9/11 confronting the evidence tour in 2005.

I caught the Manchester event in 2005. I think you'll really dig some of the Lancaster events, [ur=http://rinf.com/alt-news/category/events/]this is the kind of thing[/url], some ain't on the list like Annie Machon, David Shayler, Ian Crane etc and there's loads more in the works.

Quote:
I constantly give videos out to people who i think i can wake and inform them of various related issues face to face or in forums, so far this is the only activism I do.

It all counts and is one of the major reasons the campaign is growing as quickly as it is if you ask me.

Quote:
In the future i know i will be at your and many more events but i have to get the balls first Laughing (better to be honest)

Looking forward to that, if you're up in the area during non even times anyway feel free to drop by and grab a bunch of info flyers etc.

SchNews
Action speaks louder than..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Gathering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: