FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preaching to the Unconverted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Preaching to the Unconverted Reply with quote

Someone pointed out that here we are mostly preaching to the choir. OTOH there are other boards populated by sleeple with far higher turnover. I like the idea of mounting a challenge on these boards. To do so efficiently we could do with assembling the following information

1) High-profile forums and threads with largest outreach

2) A bank of pre-written posts - like one explaining the freefall collapses, another 5 dancing Israelis, another about Bush's terrible pilot, another about Peter Power and 7.7 and so on.

Any thoughts from the Mods on this?

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Preaching to the Unconverted Reply with quote

rodin wrote:
Someone pointed out that here we are mostly preaching to the choir.

As far as I'm concerned my job as a mod is mainly to ensure the opening pages of this site are easily digestible to all comers - not just the enlightened. This site should encourage people with other views to get involved so it needs to be the sort of space your auntie would be comfortable.

ie no abusive language unless its genuinely humourous and crystal clear headlines. One way sites like this go downhill is with an obsession with jargon and internal minutiae. These I try to avoid at all costs.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Mick Meaney
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Tony says, we must make sure new comers can get stuck in, while providing enough information for everyone else.

I don't think we are preaching to the choir, for example if Annie Machon, Dave Shayler, William Rodriguez or anyone else plugs the site on national tv/radio, we get an influx of people who might not have considered looking into this stuff.

Clever editing of the front page news headlines helps new folks to get stuck in and there's also stickies around the site that show some of the most important info.

Quote:
OTOH there are other boards populated by sleeple with far higher turnover

For me the most important part of this site isn't the number of members, or the amount of hits or the amount of posts, it's how it helps and inspires people to take action in the real world, which it does excellently.

SchNews
Action speaks louder than..
Cruise4
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a mod... but I think its a good idea. Bringing other forums and groups in is essential. Sites such as PenaltyClause, IsItFair, veterans against war, petrol protesters, anti-eu, Nurses, Teachers, farmers and others all have the same agenda as us. Our Goal is the only way for them to achieve their goal. The door is slightly apart already.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good idea.

Although obviously loads of excellent summaries of the evidence already exist, pulling this together so that it's at our fingertips would be very helpful

My suggestion would be to approach those you think would best argue the case and invite them to form a group. This group could keep in touch either by email or through this forum (if you so desire a private section that you would authorise access to can be set up)

Bare in mind that no matter what you do I anticipate you will come up against the following problems

Posters on both sides being abusive

Posters supporting 911 truth may well bring in theories and viewpoints you would rather they didn't

The mods on many forums will delete 911 threads (eg Channel 4)

My advice would be choose the topics for discussion carefully and stand on the strongest ground (I know you would)

If you are going to look at the science/technical side have access to suitably qualified / knwoledgeable people

I would avoid endless circular debates (See Urban 75's 100 page epic for an example) as a thread gets longer the law of deminshing returns sets in

Many political forums will have already debated 9/11 to death and so check out what has been said before and try to learn what will be most effective.

Have a look at past discussions on these sites

medialens
Urban 75
Mark Thomas
Jon Ronson
IStructE
ARRSE
and Channel 4

to get a sense of the challenge and also what works and what doesn't
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mebbe I was misunderstood (nothing new there)

I meant we as individuals spending time on the biggest mainstream forums (who are they? - 1st list) armed with good pre-posts so we don't keep re-inventing the wheel (explaining free fall collapses etc). As a starter why not sum up the main points in as lucid a way as possible using the minimum words? Peeps could pitch in with their 'splanations and we could vote for the most convincing/ accurate/ entertaining etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: