FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"In the Words of Our Enemies" - propaganda?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: "In the Words of Our Enemies" - propaganda? Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/Words-Our-Enemies-Jed-Babbin/dp/1596985232

anyone read this?is it true the muslims hate the west or is it all made up as alex jones says

This book is a must read for those wanting to understand our enemies, their goals and the means they are willing to employ to achieve them. From South American dictators to China and the Middle East, this is the first book I have read that lets our enemies speak for themselves, and what they have to say should be a wake up call for all Americans. Rather than listen to the rants of the left or the right, listen to our enemies, they are clear, consise and dedicated in their cause of killing the American way of life. A great read all around.

coconut
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: In the Words of Our Enemies Reply with quote

festival of snickers wrote:

This book is a must read for those wanting to understand our enemies, their goals and the means they are willing to employ to achieve them. From South American dictators to China and the Middle East, this is the first book I have read that lets our enemies speak for themselves, and what they have to say should be a wake up call for all Americans. Rather than listen to the rants of the left or the right, listen to our enemies, they are clear, consise and dedicated in their cause of killing the American way of life. A great read all around.

Hm, an Arabic scholar could easily write a book called "In The Words of Our Enemies". The review might go something like this:

This book is a must read for those wanting to understand our enemies, their goals and the means they are willing to employ to achieve them. From American dictators to Canada and Britain, this is the first book I have read that lets our enemies speak for themselves, and what they have to say should be a wake up call for all people on Earth. Rather than listen to the rants of the Shia or the Sunni, listen to our enemies, they are clear, consise and dedicated in their cause of killing all who stand in their way. A great read all around.
Ravenmoon
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
dedicated in their cause of killing the American way of life

If that is 'their' aim,then 'they' are well on the way to achieving it

lockerbie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"anyone read this?is it true the muslims hate the west or is it all made up as alex jones says"

"the muslims" would suggest them all which certainly isn't true. do some muslims hate the west? certainly and it's been going on far longer than alex jones has been alive. the idea that all islamic terrorism is made up is totally nonsensical, you would have more luck trying to deny the existence of the sun and russia.
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenmoon wrote:
Quote:
dedicated in their cause of killing the American way of life

If that is 'their' aim,then 'they' are well on the way to achieving it

how so?
we consumed trash 50 years ago and still do

usa isnt too bad but it was sick how they overthrew iran in 1953

were sick but its the only country i have

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19638219/

private prisons to save taxpayer money? or to let some make lost of money?

were sick

is Glasgow Scotland pronounced glass go or glasgough as in cow? i also thought it was glass -go as in go

lately in usa its glas cow on radio

or gow

Cruise4
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glaz go is the best I can suggest.
lockerbie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well how you pronounce glasgow like all things depends on your accent.

in proper english it would be glaz-go

natively it's glesga
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

festival of snickers wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19638219/

private prisons to save taxpayer money? or to let some make lost of money?

were sick

is Glasgow Scotland pronounced glass go or glasgough as in cow? i also thought it was glass -go as in go

lately in usa its glas cow on radio

or gow

As a linguist and phoneticist I could describe to you how it is pronounced by using the international phonetic alphabet, but I don't have the facility to type in it. The Latin alphabet is just not up to the task. Clearly people i various parts of Britain pronounce it in different ways according to their own accents and it is even pronounced in a variety of ways by Scots.

Then we would have to translate that into the values of the vowels we imagine someone in the northwest US would use. Impossible! Let's not go there. If you really wanna know drop me an IM asking for my phone number, phone me at a reasonable time of day (8 hours time difference I believe) and I'll demonstrate to you how various Britons pronounce "Glasgow", - I'll even give you an imitation of how my own Auntie Sarah, who lived in Glasgow, pronounced it.

Laughing
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but isnt it true no one pronounces it glasgow as in cow until recently because usa is so dumbed down?

i may be part scotch because i have a grandparent named bell but i think they lived in yorkshire but who knows

lockerbie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glas-cow? no. that would be stupid.
kc
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do some muslims hate the west? certainly

Dont forget the enormous ammount of domestic terrorism in the US, montana militiamen, neo nazi groups, mexican drug gangs, Chinese Triads, etc etc etc. I'd also bet that if you asked the users of this site how many of them love America and its governement, you might not get too many responses...but you dont see books on that, just incendiary claptrap pigeonholing all muslims into rabid anti capitalists.

Besides, even if they did all hate us, after the numbers of dead children caused by us, can you blame them?
lockerbie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dont forget the enormous ammount of domestic terrorism in the US, montana militiamen, neo nazi groups, mexican drug gangs, Chinese Triads,"

well none of those groups have ever actually committed an attack.

you have a choice of

the anthrax attacks (probably)
eric robert rudolph
mcveigh
kaczynski

and plenty of books have been written about each of them

the problem being they were individual attacks not part of a winder organisation or cause.

of course the muslims that do hate us the US and Israel have a problem in that they also hate each other and have never pooled their resources. fatah and hamas in palestine, shia and sunni in iraq and throughout the middle east. and if you are their brand of islam then your possibly too moderate and they'll still hate you.

it would be all well and good if we could label all terrorist incidents and other times some muslims have got uppity (cartoons, rushdie, the current thing with the red mosque) as all orchestrated and fakes. but that is a fantasy land.
kc
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
well none of those groups have ever actually committed an attack.

Wow! This is clearly some new definition of the word "attack" I've not heard of! I'm assuming your excluding Ruby Ridge, Waco etc because instead of going out and executing american civiliians, they just waited for federal officers to approach them then murdered them?

Of course that would then include the gangs who regularly go out and murder.

You'd also have to exclude the Weathermen who were an organised international cause that bombed federal buildings as part of a long running orchestrated plan. Also, you'd have to discount the Black Panthers whose organised attacks were carried out in the cause of racial equality.

Kaczynski was a crazy loner who lived like a hermit, but all the others have links to non muslim organisations who band together to fight the federal government.
lockerbie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" I'm assuming your excluding Ruby Ridge, Waco etc because instead of going out and executing american civiliians, they just waited for federal officers to approach them then murdered them? "

pretty much.

"Of course that would then include the gangs who regularly go out and murder."

not all murder is terrorism.

"You'd also have to exclude the Weathermen who were an organised international cause that bombed federal buildings as part of a long running orchestrated plan. Also, you'd have to discount the Black Panthers whose organised attacks were carried out in the cause of racial equality."

you never mentioned communists or racial groups you mentioned "montana militiamen, neo nazi groups, mexican drug gangs, Chinese Triads,"

and i don't believe eric rudolph had ties to muslim groups being the right christian loon that he was.
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im part american indian and have mexican ralative so i dont want to stir up hate but id say mexicans can seem sort of arrogant and i wouldnt want to live in one of "their neighborhoods "i dont think, and i bet they do a lot of crime as whites and balcks also do

theres a youtube video that says there have been 48000 people kiledi n usa by illegals aliens sicne 9 11 2001 -of course all arent mexicans

it said they were killed by cars and crime and they also did it to each other but still its bad

william rodriquiz seems like a classy guy but a lot of mexicans you would want to avoid

and the mexican army has fired up usa border gaurds i think -you could google that and find stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: