FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

911blogger.com Censoring Member Comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emmanuel Goldstein
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: 911blogger.com Censoring Member Comments Reply with quote

Following the sudden departure http://www.911blogger.com/node/9732 of 911Blogger.com's administrator dz, the new admin 'Reprehensor' introduced a moderation queue where all comments submitted by users must be pre-approved.

The outrage to this has sparked heated comments against this move by the large majority of the community:

http://www.911blogger.com/node/9750

http://www.911blogger.com/node/9789

However, admin Reprehensor won't budge. His reasons for instating moderation are unfounded and he did not consult with the user base to find alternatives first.

The excuse is to 'improve the quality of the comments and limit ad hominem attacks'. This problem was addressed by the recently comment rating system. And in any case, most members can deal with it.

Another excuse was bandwidth costs. However, at no point did Rephensor ask to raise more cash or how much was needed.

Already 3 of my comments were censored and now my account has been blocked. I've been an active member of 911Blogger.com for a year now. I've also submitted quite a few news stories, some of which featured on prisonplanet.com. That I would be banned for voicing my protest shows the direction 911Blogger.com is taking. Ironic for a site that is against MSM censorship on 9/11 truth isn't it?

As Alex Jones would say : Something smells rotten in Denmark.

Many members are talking about boycotting the site. But I won't let my favorite 9/11 truth site sink into oblivion without putting up a fight, so if anybody feels the same, please show your support here and contact anybody you know at 911Blogger to do the same.

Thanks!
[/url]
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're actually helping to divide and rule here

Could be they've been under attack - dark forces may have been clogging the comments with diseased drivel??

Don't have a go until you know all the facts

If you've been jumping to conclusions I'm not suprised you've been blocked.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you now:

Being a moderator sucks

But this site would have gone under some time ago if there wasn't at least somebody prepared to do it

And yes, I'm a veteran of plenty of unmoderated forums that are now, alas, no more. I often miss the unadulterated knockabout of verbally laying into each other

However:

As far as 9/11blogger goes:

Not spent much time there myself, certainly never posted: but its clear that different factions have used the open structure to play politics and shout each other down/do each other over

The result, as they say, is not rocket science:

Either the admin puts moderation in or they abandon the site to those who shout loudest and play dirtiest: and to do that is simply a policy of embracing faliure

Human Nature!

Its a lesson, aint it?

Emmanuel Goldstein
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
Sounds like you're actually helping to divide and rule here

Divide and rule?? You mean being against censorship is a divisive issue? If that's what you think, then you're posting in the wrong forum. And how might I 'rule' from this? I don't even have an account anymore.

TonyGosling wrote:

Could be they've been under attack - dark forces may have been clogging the comments with diseased drivel??

Given that there is a comment rating system, all the drivel is marked down and minimized so it's not a problem anymore. The dark forces you talk about are the ones trying to stifle open discussion.

Site like digg.com and slashdot.com (even youtube) allow open comments. These sites are massive and their user moderation system takes care of drivel. 911blogger has the same type of setup and suddenly we now need moderation?! Wtf?

TonyGosling wrote:

Don't have a go until you know all the facts

If you've been jumping to conclusions I'm not suprised you've been blocked.

The fact is 3 of my messages not being published and then I was blocked. Remember that I've been contributing to the site for a year. Read the posts by other users on the issue. The majority agree with me. Posting to the site has drastically been reduced since the change. These are the facts. What more facts does one need?
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have two opposing opinions at the same time?
You're right, it's a fine line we tread between weeding out the dross and censorship.

Does sound like a potentially very worrying development.

Emmanuel Goldstein wrote:
The fact is 3 of my messages not being published and then I was blocked. Remember that I've been contributing to the site for a year. Read the posts by other users on the issue. The majority agree with me. Posting to the site has drastically been reduced since the change. These are the facts. What more facts does one need?

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EG - nice handle - surprised no-one had bagged it before now. Then again we got d-notice.com and falseflag.co.uk not so long ago...

About 911Blogger

If they are suddenly being gatekept what the F were they discussing in the immediate recently?

I am interested in this 'self moderation' tip. Sounds like a precursor to 'self government'.

Emmanuel Goldstein
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
I can tell you now:

Being a moderator sucks

I can imagine. That's why it should be left to the user to vote comments up and down.

But this site would have gone under some time ago if there wasn't at least somebody prepared to do it

John White wrote:

And yes, I'm a veteran of plenty of unmoderated forums that are now, alas, no more. I often miss the unadulterated knockabout of verbally laying into each other

However:

As far as 9/11blogger goes:

Not spent much time there myself, certainly never posted: but its clear that different factions have used the open structure to play politics and shout each other down/do each other over

The result, as they say, is not rocket science:

Either the admin puts moderation in or they abandon the site to those who shout loudest and play dirtiest: and to do that is simply a policy of embracing faliure

Human Nature!

Its a lesson, aint it?

Indeed, but 911blogger.com allows for user-driven comment ratings. And anyway i hadn't noticed so many junk comments lately.

Again, sites like digg.com and slashdot.com (even youtube) allow open comments. These sites are massive and their user moderation system takes care of drivel. 911blogger has the same type of setupm which works well, and suddenly we now need moderation?!
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding myself agreeing now that 911 blogger HAS taken a step back. hey've not delegated enough mods to scan through topics so they haven't developed trust within the group and are doing no outreach to recruit good new mods. If existing moderators aren't able to ditch abusive, racist or otherwise timewasting and malicious comments then what are they doing there?
Essentially, if you allow open posting, as we do here, we are a democratic site, if we cave in to what is essentially shill spam then the whole thing stops being user driven which is the beauty of this place. I am reminded of an old term from the English Civil war at the bottom of pamphlets printed on illegal liberated presses: 'printed in a corner of freedom close by the House of Commons' nd such lik. So I suppose this site really is stioll 'corner of freedom' and long may it stay that way!
Emmanuel Goldstein wrote:

Again, sites like digg.com and slashdot.com (even youtube) allow open comments. These sites are massive and their user moderation system takes care of drivel. 911blogger has the same type of setup which works well, and suddenly we now need moderation?!

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Emmanuel Goldstein
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the following blog entry on 911Blogger.com under a new account:

Code:

A Proposition: Forking 911Blogger

The recent introduction of moderation in the user comments section has given rise to heated debates :

http://www.911blogger.com/node/9750
http://www.911blogger.com/node/9789

I respect the decision of the 911Blogger admins, yet one cannot ignore that a substantial portion of the user base isn't content with the new status quo. Thereore I suggest the creation of a spinoff of 911Blogger.com - one without moderation.

The work involved in rebuilding this site from scratch is significant, so if the 911Blogger.com admins agree, would it be possible to get a copy of the source code of 911Blogger?

The idea is to migrate the site to another host under another domain, change the name of the site, and let a diffrent crew of admins run the site.

I understand that the 911Blogger team has put a lot of work into developing this site (using drupal right?), but given that the objective here is to promote 9/11 Truth, would they be kind enough to give us a copy of their hard work? I think this would settle a lot of grievances and allow both groups to move forward in spreading the truth.

Needless to say it hasn't been published...
mason-free party
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this 911 forum is uncensored and operates very well...a credit to the 911 movement
http://forum.911movement.org/

Carlos
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am aregular there too - don't post that much but read anything interesting.

I can see the frustration created by moderating comments, and I don't think it is ideal.

However, lately there has been an increasing amount of bitching. Last week i posted up the latest video debunking the BBC's conspiracy files. This caused all sorts of uproar from certain militant truthers, cos Shayler was involved - now I understand the worry about no plane theories, I personaly cannot see any valid evidence for them.... but that does not negate the quality and importance of the video - no one excpet an experienced researcher would associate the video with NPT's!

Even if you tried to qualify your comments as I have done above, you would find you comment having a score of -6 or something.. it was gettting ridiculous. too much bitching and in fighting, and not enough progressive thought in my humble opinion.

Now if there wasn't so much of that kinda stuff, I'm sure they wouldn't have done it. It only creates a massive headache for them.

As for your comment above, I'm not surprised it hasn't gone up - your basically saying .."if you can't be bothered to do it, I will..." - but if somehting is your baby then your not likely to give it to a stranger.. no matter how troublesome it is.

Have patience see how it goes, I too have not had 1 of my comments go up, but hey it can't have been that important Wink
Emmanuel Goldstein
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the latest solution offered up by the 911Blogger team:

Quote:

http://www.911blogger.com/node/10000
Truthaction.org Offers a 911blogger Message Board: "The Blogger Board"

Submitted by Reprehensor on Sun, 07/15/2007 - 10:56pm.
truthaction.org

Truthaction.org has stepped up to offer a dedicated section of their message board as our official message board. This means that instead of having to deal with the moderated queue here, you have the option of posting immediately at the Truthaction.org forum. Truthaction has several members with moderation privileges, and unlike the comments section here, the message board is a real message board, and is easier to navigate. We encourage users to take advantage of this option.

The Blogger Board

Register a handle at Truthaction.org, and when you see a News story or Blog entry at 911blogger.com that you want to comment on, start a new thread with the same title in the 911blogger forum and post away.

We want to thank YT and everyone at Truthaction.org for offering this service, and don't be surprised if YT has you out meeting up with other 9/11 activists after hanging out at Truthaction.org for a while.

The team members at 911blogger.com want to focus on 9/11 News, OpEds, and original content, and regret that we can't be all things to everyone in the 911blogger community. Hopefully, a moderated forum will be good for everyone.

Seems like a complete copout to me. Of course, most members won't go through the hassle of creating a new topic on Truthaction.org for each news story they want to comment on - hoping that people will go to view it.

Quote:

911blogger.com want to focus on 9/11 News, OpEds, and original content, and regret that we can't be all things to everyone in the 911blogger community

Well 'original content' was the comments section. That's what made reading the news interesting on 911Blogger. That is why sites like digg.com and slashdot.com are popular i.e. because people want to find out what others think about a given story. Why can't you have unmoderated comments? It worked perfectly before then? Why suddenly the change?

Anyway, the number of comments on 911Blogger.com has drastically been reduced. They've achieved their goal: the site is dying and I'm finding I don't visit to 911Blogger.com on a regular basis anymore. Oh well.

PS: the new account I used to post the above 'A Proposition: Forking 911Blogger' post has been deactivated by the 911Blogger.com team. So apparently posting this rather amiable proposition was deemed a banishable and fatal offense... Well, since it appears the 911blogger admins are reading this thread, I have a message for them: Thank for creating such a fantastic 9/11 site, and F@CK YOU for destroying it b@st@rds.
Emmanuel Goldstein
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: OMG Reply with quote

Ahahaha Shocked ! After posting this, they've now banned my IP?!

This is what their page now says when I load up the front page:

Quote:

Sorry, xx.xx.xx.xx has been banned.

Well hourray 911Blogger! If these guys can't even handle an open discussion about moderating user comments or not, do you think they can handle sensitive and important issues about 9/11 Truth Confused ??? I think not.
kc
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
'improve the quality of the comments and limit ad hominem attacks'

Why dont you pop your three pre ban posts up here and then we can all agree your posts could be fitted in to either of the two criteria above?
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Has it not always been so? Reply with quote

In some ways, I am sorry that this is the first thread I've posted to but I have spent 25 years studying and following the methods of those who wish deadly secrets to remain so. It is truly horrifying the depths certain types of individuals will descend to in order to protect those who pay them...

I sometimes wonder also whether some people of genuinely good heart actually realize the depth of cesspit they are taking on with the 9/11 Hoax. A reading of someone like Carre's Reluctant Gardener can give a glimpse into 'how it really works', but only a glimpse.

The first warning bell in this present case is Repre(hen)sor's pushing of the democratic underground site. There are SO many sites like this that appear to offer knowledge but in reality do the opposite. Read some recent stuff like Libby's pardon and you would never for a moment realize that in reality, Cheney is hanging by his fingernails, one step (Jan2009) from being jailed for Treason under the Espionage Act (all you'll get from the talking heads sites is the IIPAct!).

The key comment in that thread you offered is most certainly:-

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

Key word: 'significance' - so long as you stay below a 'hit' threshold, you won't be pressured but above that it boils down to watching out where the money comes from - the bigger the site the more likely funds are traceable back to one of three basic sources: Rothschild, Rockefeller or Federal Reserve/BofEngland board feeding through NSA, CIA (or UK equiv MI5-6 & SIS) and Pentagon.

These are the hard facts: in essence we are all pawns to power psychopaths at institutes like CFR, Fed Res, etc. The stakes could not be higher. They will spend what it takes to keep 9/11 and all that followed out of mainstream consciousness. Personally I don't think the U$ is all that far from a 'Nuremberg' moment...

Until these central players (their names are all listed at WeAreChange.org) are apprehended by a knowledgeable and outraged populace, nothing is going to change. We will just plunge further and further into a global fascist nightmare existence of their choosing.

Don't believe me? - here's a known brave man who didn't quite become a CFR member, telling it like it really is from his conversations with tricky Nicky:-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmsT_I6SaE - the entire interview gives more depth.

Real deal on the Libby nonsense here:-

http://citizenspook.blogspot.com/2005_07_24_citizenspook_archive.html

Bottom line sadly has to be trust no site that filters its comment boards. And yes, YouTube does, retroactively. Only way to find out though is to file compare against private archives after a couple of months.

Talking of which, I challenge anyone to find a trace-back of my recent posters on nyc.indymedia.org

Here's the magic letters if you're interested in how heavily 9/11 info is blacked out in New York generally, thanks to tyrants like Giuliani and Bloomberg.

http://nyc.indymedia.org/en/2007/07/88347.html
http://nyc.indymedia.org/en/2007/06/87782.html

These central bankers can buy their very own history. Hence that seemingly silly 'end of history' phrase from a prominent NeoCon a while back. The Stakes Could Not Be Higher.

Such interesting times. I do hope we can coalesce rapidly now in full knowledge of what needs doing, before the doing is rendered impossible by further forced events.

Finally (drone drone!) it was most heartening to see that brave woman attempt the arrest of Bliar the other day - she has exactly the right idea but who will take such a step for all the hidden rulers? We cannot leave it to Ron Paul or Brian Haw...
Emmanuel Goldstein
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, according to 911Blogger admin 'Repre(hen)sor' irrelevant comments such as the one submitted by user 'Jon Gold' are now fair game:

Quote:

http://www.911blogger.com/node/10044#comment

I... Wouldn't mind a date with Ms. Garafalo.

Submitted by Jon Gold on Wed, 07/18/2007 - 10:29am.

So this is how moderation 'improves the quality of the comments'??

But oh no, dare I mention anything meaninglful and controversial on a website about controversial issues surrounding 9/11, well then in that case, I get censored :blink:

It's paradoxical that 9/11 Truth is all about denouncing how the threat of fake/patsie terrorists are being used to push a repressive regime promoting surveillance and censorship, whilst 911Blogger uses the cointelpro no-planer threat to push for censorship.

The example above proves my case: Moderation is a smokescreen for heavy censorship, 911Blogger has obviously been taken over for nefarious purposes.

The question remains: which aspect of 9/11 Truth has 'Repre(en)sor' been commissioned to censor? And by whom?

Since only very few believe in the no-plane/space beam/nuke theories, what disturbing aspects would cointelpro want to censor?
Emmanuel Goldstein
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Has it not always been so? Reply with quote

Thermate911 wrote:

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

Key word: 'significance' - so long as you stay below a 'hit' threshold, you won't be pressured but above that it boils down to watching out where the money comes from

Indeed. They'll tolerate insignificant chatter until it gets too much exposure, at which point they get to work on it to squash it or take it over.
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like yer nym, BTW! There was a time I masqueraded as Osama bin Goldstein but nobody picked up on it ;-)

"The question remains: which aspect of 9/11 Truth has 'Repre(en)sor' been commissioned to censor? And by whom?"

FBI, NSA+gooogle, CIA, MI5, SIS? Does it matter? It's all traceable back to the money bagses if you dig deep enough. These people will stop at nothing (eg Paul Wellstone, Dan Wallace, look what they're doing to Chris Bollyn) to stay on course to world domination.

It is so very blatant now it is becoming obvious that their 'program' is getting accelerated beyond planning. Psychopaths are at their most dangerous when cornered.

Hence the need for a global awakening and concerted action. No one person can tackle this alone but tackled it must be otherwise our children will no longer have freedom to live, love and enjoy the beauty of life - they will be chipped slaves - or outcasts...

I take Aaron Russo's recent gifts to free peoples very seriously - so should we all, IMO. The NWO is never going to stop without being stopped...
Louise
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to me like those who want people only to belive the offical story of 9/11 and shut everybody else up from telling the truth have started a campaign of infiltrating the various 9/11 truth movements with the intent of destroying them from within.

This is how it seems to me.

And i think that's exactly how they would work, posing of course as ordinary people.

The best way to destroy any organisation or group is surely to infiltrate it and work on destroying it from within.

Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise - I like your PC version of Edmund Burke's seminal quote. ;-) Wouldn't it be wonderful to see it emblazoned on the world's press front page?

This could come to pass but not just yet.

A good grip on the viability of individual, rather than group, action (eg. That very brave woman who attempted to arrest Bliar the other week) would help us all enormously.

Veering on to a religious approach, if enough people came to realise that their god is within, not as millenia of priests would lead us to believe, then they would discover the energy to withstand this present and totally pervasive tide of evil - as individuals.

And when enough individuals come together... We are at that moment when Sir Edmund would have been proud of those of us who have totally penetrated the veil of lies and mayhem that Fear attempted to strangle us with...
Louise
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermate 911 Wrote:

"Louise - I like your PC version of Edmund Burke's seminal quote. Wink Wouldn't it be wonderful to see it emblazoned on the world's press front page?"

Yes it would, i totally agree with you on that, it is the quote that all people should live by really.

I do hope that those responsible for 9/11 are brought to justice soon, i really do.

They will wreck this world just for their own gain if they are not caught soon.

And it will be us who will have to suffer the consequences.

I do have to give them credit for their deviousness and cunning, it tricks and fools a lot of people, but it will NOT trick and fool us.

Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One sure way for evil to prevail, is for the good PEOPLE to do nothing

Anyone prepared to seek a really long MWY trailer and emblazon it there?

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
Louise
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact i picked up the quote from my PC when i was playing Call of Duty or Call of Duty 2.

Great games by the way.

I liked it so much that i decided to adopt it as my signiture for all the forums that i belong to (currently i belong to 2 forums).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: