FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

House prices to crash when City of London floods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mason-free party
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: House prices to crash when City of London floods Reply with quote

Could well happen in a few days when Thames flooding works it way down

Is London really prepared for the flood threat?

By Mel Gosling.

It is now a year since the floods that came in the wake of Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, and I have to say that over the last twelve months I have become increasingly concerned about the effect of a similar event in London – mainly because so few organisations that would be affected seem to have business continuity plans that would adequately cope with such an event.

London will flood, and flood badly. It’s not a question of if, but when. And when it does, the effect could be devastating to the UK economy unless the organisations that operate in London, be they in the government, health, industry, finance, or other sectors, have realistic, appropriate and effective business continuity plans.

In November last year, many financial sector firms took part in the UK’s largest ever market-wide exercise, and a significant number of these were based in the City of London. This exercise had been designed to test the market’s preparedness to respond to a major business continuity crisis, and involved a scenario of widespread disruption in London and other financial centres, but did not involve major flooding in the City.

I was an observer earlier on this year to an exercise designed to test the preparedness of a number of large organisations in the health sector in London to another major business continuity crisis, this was a ‘flu pandemic. Other people that I have talked to about the subject also confirm that exercises that they have been involved in have covered many different scenarios, including a flood of one or more of their buildings, but as far as I am aware there has yet to be a coordinated London wide exercise that really investigates the preparedness or organisations to deal with a ‘New Orleans style’ event. Why is this?

A number of my clients are based in the areas in and around London that are at risk of flood, and I am sorry to say that the contingency planning of most of these does not cater for a catastrophic flood in London. They are not alone in this. Large numbers of organisations in the City of London, for example, have disaster recovery sites in Docklands. For those of you that are not familiar with the geography of London, Docklands is an area to the east of the City of London in low lying land on the banks of the River Thames – and yes, if the City floods, so does Docklands!

I know that the police and local authorities have emergency plans in place to cope with such an event, but I am not talking about this kind of planning. What I am talking about is business continuity, which, for example, includes the ability of the City of London to survive and continue its role as one of the leading international financial centres.

The impetus for such an exercise, the objective of which, to my mind, has to be to thoroughly test the preparedness of all major organisations based in London to breaking point, can only come from one of three institutions: the City of London, the Mayor of London’s office, or central Government. Participation should be compulsory, as should the publication of reports showing how prepared each organisation was found to be.

If you think that a wide-area flooding event in the style of New Orleans is unrealistic, how about basing the scenario on an event a little nearer to home – Carlisle. How many of you remember this recent flood, and realise that it affected the whole of the city centre and many outlying districts?

So, is anyone out there prepared to take up this call to action? Or can you refute my suggestion that London is not prepared?

Cruise4
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of central London disappearing along with as many business people as possible, especially the City of London types appeals to me no end. If anyone sees Rothschild thrashing about, push him back under!
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: House prices to crash when City of London floods Reply with quote

mason-free party wrote:
Could well happen in a few days when Thames flooding works it way down

Is London really prepared for the flood threat?

By Mel Gosling.

Is she any relation to the bearded wonder?
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually i think the real questions we should be asking is what has the Labour government been doing for the last 10 years?
Where is the infrastructure.
Last 10 years they been telling us they had a drought now it's floods.

Basically what this means is no money spent on river banks, flood defences, canals, reservoirs, etc. When it rains you are supposed to store the water in huge reservoirs so that when it is dry you have plenty of water. Other countries build dams and viaducts and aquaflows. Britain used to do the same. But last 10 years everything has ground to a halt.

These floods are a result of massive mismanagement of the country. I am not going to say they are caused by chemtrails, but the fact is weather forcasters were telling us that floods were coming our way. So where was the civil contingency. In the past we would have had the army out building flood defences and sand bags and using green goddesses as pumps. But ofcourse all the soldiers are busy fighting illegal wars.
And all the police have been busy chasing shadows. Every asian or tanned person driving into central London gets stopped and searched now.

I dont want to sound like a cracked CD but really this is the fault of the government whose job it is to look after and protect the nation not go round the world murdering people.

The city if it floods will not make any difference. Every city firm is actually run by some stripey shirted hoorah henry in front of a pc. The same pc could be at home or in the Ivy or at Champneys. So they city will never close.Money will be made however by shorting insurance shares and buying them up again when the price drops.
Texas based Rainbow International is one of the biggest winners from this round of flooding which raises suspicions as to whether the weather was allowed to run it's course. You see a Bush friendly company owned by one bloke wins a billion pound windfall beggars the question.
Gordon Brown is bending over backwards to protect Boris Berezovsky who invested big money into the Bush younger brother Neil Bush's business. Gordon Brown cares not what it costs Britain. Gordon BRown sold the UK's gold reserves in a half price sale to the Rothschild family. So maybe just maybe the lack of protection against flood damage was a way of putting a billion in the hands of Texas based Rainbow International.
Dont forget the Bird Flu scam was a way of taking £2 billion from the NHS and putting some of it into the pocket of Donald Rumsfeld.
This government is the most crooked in history so why wouldn't they deliberately allow flood damage to occur.
I am not being paranoid, simple rule is follow the money. If a close associate of George Bush is the biggest winner from the floods then something has to be wrong.

By the way dont forget they have been build new houses on all the flood plains thanks to John Prescot's planning free for all.

Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt rainwater would be enough to burst the Thames in London as it is still tidal at this point! It would have to be a combination of exceptional rainfal and extremely high tide. Or some dumb person closing the Thames Barrier Surprised

but I love this:- thats squeeze as much money as possible from the land, at the expense of the people!
Quote:
Meanwhile, the government is expected to announce on Monday that it is rejecting calls to stop building houses on flood plains, despite the recent extensive flooding.

A draft of the Housing Green Paper, which was obtained by the BBC, says it is "not realistic" to rule out new developments in areas at risk of flooding.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6911226.stm

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
mason-free party
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least the floods have silenced the war on terror brigade...not heard the words 'terrorist threat' for over a week..remarkable
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mason-free party wrote:
at least the floods have silenced the war on terror brigade...not heard the words 'terrorist threat' for over a week..remarkable

Except on the railway Sad

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That jet stream has been deliberately maintained in its southerly projection, whilst a combo of Haarp and chemtrailing have slowed the resultant fronts down to ditch their inundating loads in targetted areas
Wow we can bring in the army, airforce and navy along with the lifeboat, mountain rescue and the usual emergency services to deal with a real life realtime national emergency
They've been creaming for this work out, wanting it for years, and now's their opportunity. Who needs the war on Terror when you've got this. This is what they've been waiting for - the dependency of the populace on the authorities. A small time - or is it? - version of New Orleans.
A national emergency - in case anyone hadn't noticed - with global warming caused by carbon emissions, as the main culprit. Cui bono? apart from Neil Bush?
The working class and comfortably off can now be united in their call for restrictions on travel and swingeing carbon taxes, allowing the rich and the super-rich to continue to pursue their lifestyles without the congestion.
An added angst at a deeply uncomfortable and personal level for hundreds of thousands,already subject to fake terror propaganda.
It has taken me a week or two to come to the firm conclusion that this is just another of their manufactured problems.

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only taken me 24 hours to reach the same conclusion dh. I have been in warmer and drier climes and this when I return. Plus Chertoff jerking off about terra attack this summer. All part of the mass control agenda. Scare the people and you got em in the palm. Backfired in Madrid, though...
paul wright

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aint Spanish, Rodin, and you can hear the rescued victims saying to the military on the TV "you're heroes" which of course in this circumstance for once they are
Even I'd be grateful for being airlifted out of a houseful of sewage.
Though it's claimed there are precedents for this, I can't really find any as regard the extent of devestation, the truncated timescale, the rewards for the forces of control

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the jack boot thugs are coming for your guns just like in new orleans
gericom
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Festival of Snickers wrote: "the jack boot thugs are coming for your guns just like in new orleans".

Just one thing wrong with that statement, here in the U.K. we are not allowed to own guns. They took away the Englishmans' right to bear arms, many many years ago.
The only bare arms you'll see nowadays belong to young skinny Amy Winehouse wannabees!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Cruise4
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a rural area. Its amazing how things dovetail towards an agenda. A Gamekeeper I know told me the right to ramble was really about limiting gun licenses. Apparently you have to have a certain area around where you shoot. The right to ramble made it impossible to guarantee this area and licenses have become increasingly hard to get as a result.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely true Gericom.

The Tories introduced limited gun restrictions in the wake of Michael Ryan's, zombie like death spree in Hungerford.

Nooo Labour made an election pledge to completely disarm Britain in the wake of the highly suspect Thomas Hamilton (and according to an eye witness, a second shooter) death spree at Dunblane.

Non criminal adults can still successfully apply to own shotguns and certain calibre rifles for pest control.

There are strict limitations on what the perceived need is and that has to be proved when applying and all applications are at the discretion of the local constabulary.

The important thing to remember is that even though it is now illegal to own the vast majority of gun types, gun crime continues to rise and we now have sub-machine guns and automatics as the weapon of choice for the criminal fraternity.

My last application for a roof mounted howitzer failed, simply because I stated that I felt unsafe being surrounded by tooled up crims and Israeli trained psychopaths in CO19

Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun rights. If your protestant you can perhaps still argue your case under the 1689 Bill of Rights Laughing

# That the subjects which are Protestants may have arms for their defence suitable to their conditions and as allowed by law;

Whilst on the spot charges/fines are definitely illegal without conviction

# That all grants and promises of fines and forfeitures of particular persons before conviction are illegal and void;

paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont need to bear arms in this situation though it might be necessary later, so it would be good to get yourself at least a bb gun
The whole NWO has been held off perhaps by an armed American populace
How pathetic the disaster zone population wandering around trying to find water. Stoicism has no part of this. The essential water has been cut off. This is a control situation. No water equals no life. This is PRS

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/press/releases/ban-on-farm-raised-fis h-from-china-falls-short

not sure if thats the link but the wto is forcing tainted food on usa --if we block the trash they send us the wto can sue us

fascism is here i guess and we have no freedom left

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

festival of snickers wrote:
http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/press/releases/ban-on-farm-raised-fis h-from-china-falls-short

not sure if thats the link but the wto is forcing tainted food on usa --if we block the trash they send us the wto can sue us

fascism is here i guess and we have no freedom left

Proof that banks, corporations and a handful of rich men run the world!

mason-free party
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just read in a newspaper today that there is a film being released next month about the flooding of London...was last week a trial run?

Disaster movie flood wipes out London
by ANN LEE - Friday, July 27, 2007Has London fallen victim to the latest deluge of rain? These shocking pictures seem to suggest so but don't worry they're just images taken from a new British disaster film.

Based on a novel by Richard Doyle, Flood looks at what happens after a raging storm coincides with heavy seas, unleashing a giant tidal wave into the city.

The Thames Barrier is overwhelmed as torrents of water pour into the capital, threatening millions of lives and submerging – as the picture shows – beloved landmarks like the Houses of Parliament, Millennium Dome, and Big Ben.

Trainspotting star Robert Carlyle plays a marine engineer, who only has hours to save the capital from total devastation with the help of his ex-wife Sam (Jessalyn Gilsig) and father Leonard (Tom Courtenay).

My Doyle claimed it was not a question of if London would ever be flooded but when. He believes that the Thames Barrier is obsolete and should be replaced by a larger one at Tilbury.

The book, which was published in 2003, describes how millions are left homeless and thousands die in the floods.

The Environment Agency has dismissed it as nonsense telling the Evening Standard: “It may make for a good read but it is not good science.”

Flood, which also stars David Suchet, was shot on location in England and South Africa.

The film's producer Justin Bodle said: “"This is a perfect story to tell. The Americans are brilliant at making this kind of film and they have cornered the market.

"We definitely wanted to make Flood in a different way and to present a grittier, European take on the genre, looking at how real people would deal with the situation”.

The film is slated for release in August.

Cruise4
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more they peddle their lies, and the more armed Police I see, the more I want as many guns in the general populace as possible, and if thats armed criminal gangs at present so be it. Better something than nothing. In more normal times there would be no need of course. But they created this situation.
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water bills 'to pay for defences'
http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=5752024

Homeowners could ultimately face a stinging rise in water bills to cover the costs of increasing Britain's protection from further potentially devastating floods, it has emerged.

Head of the Environment Agency, Baroness Young, said water bills would have to rise if the country is to be safeguarded against the increasing effects of climate change.

But price limits for water have already been set for up to 2010 by regulator Ofwat, meaning any rises could only come into force from 2011 onwards.

This could leave households counting the cost of the flooding four years on, as utility companies seek to recover the money spent on "proofing" themselves against more deluges.

Lady Young said infrastructure, including switching stations and water plants, had to be protected which would probably mean customers ultimately paying the price.

She said: "Utilities will have to pay for this protection and undoubtedly they will have to pass that on to their customers."

But she also insisted that the Government, local authorities and other public bodies were also responsible for improving the country's flood protection and had to address several problems.

She warned: "All public services need to look at climate change proofing."

Meanwhile, Environment Secretary Hilary Benn has warned that extreme weather events would become more frequent as a result of climate change.

"We are going to have to adapt to a different world. There is no doubt about that at all," he told the BBC Radio 4 Today programme. "That is why we need to invest more in flood defences, which is what we are doing. That is why we need to look at how we can adapt our homes if we live in areas where there is a risk of flooding."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: