FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Father bans school from fingerprinting daughter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Father bans school from fingerprinting daughter Reply with quote

Father bans school from fingerprinting daughter
http://www.oxfordmail.net/display.var.1452746.0.0.php?act=complaint&ci d=333410

A father has refused permission for his daughter's Oxford school to take her fingerprints - fearing it is step towards a 'Big Brother' state.

Ben Emlyn-Jones's daughter Louisa, 12, attends St Gregory the Great School in Cowley - which is planning to use fingerprint recognition software in its library.

On Tuesday, it was revealed that Windale Primary School, Glory Farm Primary School, Matthew Arnold Secondary School and The Cherwell School currently use fingerprint systems in libraries and Cheney School uses the technology to register pupils.

Mr Emlyn-Jones said: "I am really quite disturbed about it, it reminds me of a Big Brother state.

"There may be advantages in having a fingerprint database, but the price you pay is too high."

He refused to allow his daughter's fingerprints to be taken and was also concerned that the school had not contacted parents.

He added: "It is as if they know it is wrong and have done it secretly, hoping no-one finds out."

advertisement

Mr Emlyn-Jones said he was opposed to the principle of biometric data being used by schools.

"Once people are on a computer then the world's your oyster as far as the Government is concerned.

"It also desensitises kids. When they're grown up and they apply for a passport and apply for jobs they won't bat an eyelid about having fingerprints taken or a laser being shined in their eyes."

This week, Liberal Democrats called for Government guidelines to be introduced to control the use of the technology in schools.

But Mr Emlyn-Jones said that would not satisfy his concerns.

He said: "Once the infrastructure is in place those guidelines could be abolished. That's my concern."

St Gregory the Great's learning resources manager Hilja Bassett said the library system, which would be operational next term, was very efficient and secure.

She added: "It can only be used in this one place, in this one way, for this purpose."

She said fingerprints were not stored, just certain data taken from the print.

Parents had been informed through a newsletter, she added, and pupils who did not wish to use the system could still make use of library services.
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to offer support (maybe without the 9/11 tag) even if its merely to shake his hand Wink

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on him.

Where are the teachers standing up against this ?

What about the NUT ?

http://www.leavethemkidsalone.com/

Sign their petition here: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/kidprints/

Sixy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:

Where are the teachers standing up against this ?

...here! Wink

PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him!
Louise
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on the man.

I think all schools should refuse to use this type of thing even if they are bullied.

It's sick how they are targeting children to get them used to the big brother state.

Mick Meaney

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say this is just the tip of the iceberg. More teachers are calling for the use of CCTV in classrooms, and did anyone catch the "Tag your Tots" nonsense on GMTV?

The UK is being used to test drive new technology that will lead to the creation of a European Big Brother state.

It could be interesting to see how many parents here have called their childs school to ask about the use of this technology. As it seems most schools are not requesting parental permission, it may be the only way to find out.

Also because there's no regulations and no guidelines on how this information be used or how long it can be stored for, it's a potential gold mine for identity thieves.

SchNews
Action speaks louder than..
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterdays Telegraph had an article saying fingerprinting is due to be set up at the domestic departures section of the new Heathrow terminal.

It says something that this news was shoved away in the travel section, rather than the main news pages.
Mick Meaney

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:

It says something that this news was shoved away in the travel section, rather than the main news pages.

Absolutely.

The creation of a European biometrics database, number plate and face recognition CCTV software, CCTV that judges your behaviour, wireless CCTV, CCTV in bathrooms, remote-controlled spy drones, trialing listening CCTV cameras, talking CCTV cameras, RFID chips in bins, etc etc barely gets a mention in the mainstream news.

This country has 0.2% of the global population but has 20%, that's one fifth, of all surveillance on Earth.

Something is very wrong.

SchNews
Action speaks louder than..
Louise
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found another article on this subject in the Daily Mail.

Check out the following..........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=470344&in_page_id=1770

Get the kids while there're young, and they'll think that it is quite normal to be fingerprinted and scaned and chipped (oh yes, it's coming, belive it).

They'll never know the freedom that they would have had without all this happening.

And it might just turn them against the older people who resist this type of thing because they think its just a normal thing.

Also look at: http://www.liveregister.co.uk/

Big Brother is certainly here folks.

Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Found another article on this subject in the Daily Mail.

Check out the following..........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=470344&in_page_id=1770

Get the kids while there're young, and they'll think that it is quite normal to be fingerprinted and scaned and chipped (oh yes, it's coming, belive it).

They'll never know the freedom that they would have had without all this happening.

And it might just turn them against the older people who resist this type of thing because they think its just a normal thing.

Also look at: http://www.liveregister.co.uk/

Big Brother is certainly here folks.

But...but Liveregister has so many benefits:

Quote:
* More time devoted to teaching - every day and for every student!
* More time for form tutors to deal with students' needs and carry out their pastoral duties.
* Flexibility - no need to convene students for registration during the day.
* Up to the minute information showing the real picture as it happens.
* Helps combat truancy through more effective reporting and automated email alerts
* Fun - students enjoy the freedom Live Register™ gives.

I particularly like the last sentence. Now having your every move monitored from an early age is fun! And it, er, gives you freedom! (somehow)

I also found this interesting -

Quote:
Many other applications for Live Register™ exist such as automating lunch tickets, building access control and zone tracking, and employee time recording.

Employee time recording? Still, our corporate masters must know where their property is and what it's up to every minute of the day.

Nice find, Louise. Well, depressing find, but you know what I mean.

If that Ben guy was the only one speaking out at that school, we truly are f*cked.

Louise
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet there talking BS when they say that the fingerprints are not recorded Dogsmilk.

I don't trust them when they say that.

Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
I bet there talking BS when they say that the fingerprints are not recorded Dogsmilk.

I don't trust them when they say that.

I would guess they probably genuinely won't be recorded at first but, in a function creep stylee, will ultimately be accessible to the police. To fight crime and combat terrorism. Noble ideals nobody in their their right mind could possibly argue against...nothing to hide, nothing to fear etc etc.
But the main thing is, I reckon, your point about getting them while they're young. It's quick, it's convenient, it's fun; just scan your finger and away you go. I think you're correct that the younger generation won't even notice the big deal. From my work in the social care system, I always carefully explain exactly what will happen to the information I get from people. I'm struck by how the vast majority of young people take a 'yeah whatever' attitude to the recording of their intimate details and appear totally disinterested in hearing how it is protected.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm struck by how the vast majority of young people take a 'yeah whatever' attitude to the recording of their intimate details and appear totally disinterested in hearing how it is protected.

That is probably why the Uncut Directors Edit of Brazil is still unavailable in this country and only in Box Set format in USA! Go forth and buy the Chriterion Collection (Box Set) from USA to see what I mean Wink Oh go on you know the exchange rate is good Laughing

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying the prints are not recorded is just the sales teams speil regurgitated to the teachers and passed on to the parents and press. It's pure propaganda. They are reversible and useable by the polices systems. The only thing stopping that is that the systems aren't networked at present and aren't hackable from the outside. Nothing a trip to be serviced or a routine maintenance session wont see imaged and uploaded to government systems at some later date. Hell by then they'll just say "well it'll save us reprinting them all further down the line, inconvenience spared etc"

I have to chose primary schools for mine soon and I note several in my area are already listed as using such systems. I intend to write to all the schools and help update the LTKA site stats for my area if any schools are forthcoming.

Maybe wise we all do so and get the country fully mapped for who is playing NWO ball already. LTKA could probably use the help and our kids sure could.

Louise
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found even more links related to this subject:.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/07/kiddyprinting_allowed/

Be sure to read the related storys at the end of page 2 as well.

Also.........

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2006/07/344228.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A15693113

http://notsaussure.wordpress.com/2007/03/04/fingerprinting-children/

I'm going to be really honest here, i don't think we can trust the police either.

I think their duty is to the state and NOT to the people.

If push came to shove they would be on the side of the state and make all the people submit to the will of the state by force if required.

They would sell the people out to whatever the will of the state was.

I'm sorry but that's the way i feel.

I wish i could post all this info on the other website but i have been well and truly banned.

Banned for spreading the truth and trying to wake people up.

Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm going to be really honest here, i don't think we can trust the police either.

I think their duty is to the state and NOT to the people.

Does anyone trust the police?!

The police are there to protect the status quo, blindly and obediently.

But I suppose they're also useful for getting a crime number off for insurance purposes.

Hagbard Celine
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know: the father in that article is ME!

Thanks very much for your support. It's good to know that the word is getting out. We can't trust political leaders to do the right thing so it's Poll Tax time again, folks! We have to organize grass roots resistance within our own communities.

I couldn't believe it when my little girl came home from school telling me that the teachers planned to take her fingerprints. As I said in that interview, we received no requests for permission at all. Since that article was published the school claim that they informed us with an announcement in ther newsletter. This is not enough by far! They send home permission slips when they just take the kids down the road to the sports ground yet they do this barely a whisper; even if it is true.

If you go to the leavethemkidsalone website, you'll hear some shocking stories about the unethical methods the authorities are using to try and create this database of children's fingerprints.

The truth is: They know that the present adult population is going to refuse the national identity card, so they plan to indoctrinate the next generation.
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respect to you, sir, for taking a stand.
Sixy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hagbard Celine!

Just wanted to add my well done for doing what you did!

I hope that other parents follow suit and that others in education understand the implications of fingerprinting children.

Again, well done!

Very Happy

flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HC,

Long time no hear from!

Good on you for standing up. Ian in Oxford told me about it.
klutch
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol omg, we had this in my school. I was forced to go hae my print taken. although i have already had my prints taken, i didnt think it was right how the school added more information to the database.
gericom
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, HC. We need many more parents to follow your example.
In their hearts, the government KNOW that the older generations will not subject themselves willingly to having thair biometric details taken and stored, so, it's a case of "let's catch them while they're young". So what if it takes a bit longer to impliment the "Database State", we can wait until the oldies die off (a few more chemtrails should do the trick), then the youngsters will be "all ours", to do exactly what we want to with them. Mad

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday 23 July 2007 16:08

Department for Children, Schools and Families (National)

New data protection guidance published for schools

Guidance on how the Data Protection Act 1998 applies to the use of biometric data in schools is published today by Becta, the Government's schools ICT agency.

It advises schools to fully involve parents in any decision to introduce biometric or fingerprint technology to run cashless lunch queues, school libraries and attendance systems.

It restates schools' freedom to run their own affairs - including introducing new technology to free up teacher time and making day-to-day administration easier.

Schools choose biometric systems because they can speed up lunch queues; remove the need for children to take money into schools and remove any stigma with peers from pupils claiming free school meals because they are not identified. They also mean schools do not have to pay for the replacement of lost swipe cards and other identification.

Head teachers also choose to introduce biometric attendance systems at the school gate to save teachers time in taking registers and prevent unauthorised access to school premises. Similar systems can be used to record pupils' attendance at each class to identify whether particular pupils are not attending particular classes - and prompting schools to take action.

Today's guidance underlines that headteachers and governing bodies should be clear and open with all parents and pupils about this and all aspects of their education.

This could involve explaining what biometric technology is; how it will be used; what is involved; what data will be held and stored; why it is required; how it will be secured; and how long it will be retained.

It also advises that schools should recognise some parents' or pupils' concerns over the introduction of biometric technology and offer alternative systems, like smartcards, to access the same services if they want to opt out.

The guidance also describes how biometric systems are designed simply to validate a pupil's identity - not hold any other data. It is stored as complex algorithms or number streams, from which it is currently technically impossible to recreate an actual fingerprint image.

The guidance, produced in conjunction with the Information Commissioner, sets out how Data Protection Act 1998 applies to the use of biometric data in schools - building on Becta's existing guidance on data security and the data protection law.

The Data Protection Act requires that:

* schools cannot use biometric information other than for the express purpose for which it was collected. This means that data taken for the use on in a library, can only be used for that purpose;

* schools process all personal data fairly and lawfully. This means that schools ensure that all pupils, or their parents if schools judge they cannot understand, know what personal information they have on record and how they intend to use it;

* schools cannot pass on biometric information to any outside organisation nor can third parties access this information;

* schools cannot keep personal data for longer than it is needed for its specified purpose. Pupils' biometric data should therefore be destroyed when they have left the school.

* schools put appropriate security in place to safeguard personal data from unauthorised processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage. Becta gives clear guidance to schools on data and ICT security.

Schools Minister Jim Knight said:

"Becta and the Information Commissioner already give schools clear guidance on how to comply with the Data Protection Act. This additional guidance helps schools by confirming how the law relates to biometric data and advice to schools on operating within it.

"I have seen at first hand how well these systems work. They can speed up lunch queues, remove the need for children to carry money and take away the stigma of singling out those on free school meals. Moreover, they can enable schools to register pupils more easily as they move from class to class.

"I want parents to be fully engaged with every aspect of their children's education - this is at the heart of today's guidance. We give schools complete freedom to run their own affairs and I back every head teacher's right and professional judgement to choose technology to improve their day-to-day running. But it's plain common sense for them to talk to parents about this and all issues relating to their pupils to demystify how schools operate.

"Schools are well used to handling sensitive information like attendance registers, behaviour records and home addresses. But we are absolutely clear that they have to comply with data protection laws. That means that this data can only be used for its stated purpose; cannot be shared with third parties beyond this stated purpose; and it must be destroyed when a pupil leaves their school".

Becta Chief Executive Stephen Crowne said:

"This guidance makes it clear to schools what their responsibilities are under the Data Protection Act.

"Each school must make their own decisions over the systems they employ. Biometric technology can offer a means for streamlining the day to day running of the schools, but they must be aware of the sensitivities that surround this technology. Schools must ensure that they engage fully with parents and pupils and consider the provision of alternative systems if there are strong objections to the use of biometric technology.

"Becta and the Information Commissioner give clear advice to schools on data protection and ICT security. Becta leads the national drive to improve learning through technology. We do this by working with industry to ensure we have the right technology for education in place."

Full article on GNN here, with associated links:

http://www.gnn.gov.uk/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=301810&NewsAreaID=2

Hagbard Celine
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamesong wrote:
Hi HC,

Long time no hear from!

Good on you for standing up. Ian in Oxford told me about it.

Hi, Flamesong. How's things?

It's been a long time since the Jon Ronson forum.

Very Happy

Last edited by Hagbard Celine on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Hagbard Celine
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gericom wrote:
Good for you, HC. We need many more parents to follow your example.
In their hearts, the government KNOW that the older generations will not subject themselves willingly to having thair biometric details taken and stored, so, it's a case of "let's catch them while they're young". So what if it takes a bit longer to impliment the "Database State", we can wait until the oldies die off (a few more chemtrails should do the trick), then the youngsters will be "all ours", to do exactly what we want to with them. Mad

That's it in a nutshell. Cool

All authorities understand the importance of what is euphemistically called "education". Conquistadors and missionaries throughout Imperial history established schools almost before they did anything else. They knew that because children have no past to compare the present with, they are fragile and vulnerable to indoctrination. They knew that it didn't matter if the natives caused trouble because the adults would grow old and die leaving behind a new generation who had grown up knowing only the Colonial Regime and nothing else. With the fabrication of history the past can be warped to make it mlook like "there was no civilization before the coming of the White Man" and the people became putty in the hands of their foreign rulers.

This is still the case today. We object to being fingerpinted and retina-scanned because it's new and its sinister nature is more obvious. But what kid will object when they've gone through their school days with the same practices. it will be second-nature to them. That's why it's so important to protect them from this now.
Hagbard Celine
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klutch wrote:
lol omg, we had this in my school. I was forced to go hae my print taken. although i have already had my prints taken, i didnt think it was right how the school added more information to the database.

How old arer you, Klutch? You or your parents can appeal to the local education authority under the Freedom of Information Act. Go to this site for more details. Some parents have managed to get their kids' prints back even after they've been taken.

http://www.leavethemkidsalone.com/
Hagbard Celine
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Monday 23 July 2007 16:08

Department for Children, Schools and Families (National)

New data protection guidance published for schools

Guidance on how the Data Protection Act 1998 applies to the use of biometric data in schools is published today by Becta, the Government's schools ICT agency.

It advises schools to fully involve parents in any decision to introduce biometric or fingerprint technology to run cashless lunch queues, school libraries and attendance systems.

It restates schools' freedom to run their own affairs - including introducing new technology to free up teacher time and making day-to-day administration easier.

Schools choose biometric systems because they can speed up lunch queues; remove the need for children to take money into schools and remove any stigma with peers from pupils claiming free school meals because they are not identified. They also mean schools do not have to pay for the replacement of lost swipe cards and other identification.

Head teachers also choose to introduce biometric attendance systems at the school gate to save teachers time in taking registers and prevent unauthorised access to school premises. Similar systems can be used to record pupils' attendance at each class to identify whether particular pupils are not attending particular classes - and prompting schools to take action.

Today's guidance underlines that headteachers and governing bodies should be clear and open with all parents and pupils about this and all aspects of their education.

This could involve explaining what biometric technology is; how it will be used; what is involved; what data will be held and stored; why it is required; how it will be secured; and how long it will be retained.

It also advises that schools should recognise some parents' or pupils' concerns over the introduction of biometric technology and offer alternative systems, like smartcards, to access the same services if they want to opt out.

The guidance also describes how biometric systems are designed simply to validate a pupil's identity - not hold any other data. It is stored as complex algorithms or number streams, from which it is currently technically impossible to recreate an actual fingerprint image.

The guidance, produced in conjunction with the Information Commissioner, sets out how Data Protection Act 1998 applies to the use of biometric data in schools - building on Becta's existing guidance on data security and the data protection law.

The Data Protection Act requires that:

* schools cannot use biometric information other than for the express purpose for which it was collected. This means that data taken for the use on in a library, can only be used for that purpose;

* schools process all personal data fairly and lawfully. This means that schools ensure that all pupils, or their parents if schools judge they cannot understand, know what personal information they have on record and how they intend to use it;

* schools cannot pass on biometric information to any outside organisation nor can third parties access this information;

* schools cannot keep personal data for longer than it is needed for its specified purpose. Pupils' biometric data should therefore be destroyed when they have left the school.

* schools put appropriate security in place to safeguard personal data from unauthorised processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage. Becta gives clear guidance to schools on data and ICT security.

Schools Minister Jim Knight said:

"Becta and the Information Commissioner already give schools clear guidance on how to comply with the Data Protection Act. This additional guidance helps schools by confirming how the law relates to biometric data and advice to schools on operating within it.

"I have seen at first hand how well these systems work. They can speed up lunch queues, remove the need for children to carry money and take away the stigma of singling out those on free school meals. Moreover, they can enable schools to register pupils more easily as they move from class to class.

"I want parents to be fully engaged with every aspect of their children's education - this is at the heart of today's guidance. We give schools complete freedom to run their own affairs and I back every head teacher's right and professional judgement to choose technology to improve their day-to-day running. But it's plain common sense for them to talk to parents about this and all issues relating to their pupils to demystify how schools operate.

"Schools are well used to handling sensitive information like attendance registers, behaviour records and home addresses. But we are absolutely clear that they have to comply with data protection laws. That means that this data can only be used for its stated purpose; cannot be shared with third parties beyond this stated purpose; and it must be destroyed when a pupil leaves their school".

Becta Chief Executive Stephen Crowne said:

"This guidance makes it clear to schools what their responsibilities are under the Data Protection Act.

"Each school must make their own decisions over the systems they employ. Biometric technology can offer a means for streamlining the day to day running of the schools, but they must be aware of the sensitivities that surround this technology. Schools must ensure that they engage fully with parents and pupils and consider the provision of alternative systems if there are strong objections to the use of biometric technology.

"Becta and the Information Commissioner give clear advice to schools on data protection and ICT security. Becta leads the national drive to improve learning through technology. We do this by working with industry to ensure we have the right technology for education in place."

Full article on GNN here, with associated links:

http://www.gnn.gov.uk/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=301810&NewsAreaID=2

Guidelines are all very well, but unfortunately this just means that the authorities will just find craftier and more stealthy methods of having their way with us.

At my daughter's school the librarian phoned me to stress how this is only a limited scheme that will only be used in the library and that the system only stores small parts of the fingerprint. It is also purely voluntary and the kids can still use the old library card system... But this is just for starters! To begin with, they make make it a limited voluntary scheme, but include perks like "If you use the new system instead of the traditional library cards then you can skip the queue and take out more books at a time etc". This more attractive option will mean that more kids will volunteer until most of them are on the database. Then they can say "There are too few kids using the old cards now for us to keep it going" and they can then malke the database compulsory. Once it's compulsory they can extend it to include school meal allocation (as somne schools already do) and registration.

This is a tried and tested manipulation technique that has been used for hundreds, if not thousands of years. It's summed up by the old analogy:

If you throw a frog into a saucepan of hot water it will jump out again before it gets harmed, but it throw a frog into a pan of cold water and slowly turn up the heat, it will sit there quite happily and boil to death.
gericom
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H.C. I was standing in a queue yesterday, and got talking to a couple of people just in front of me, they were parents they told me of two children, one eleven year old, the other younger. I mentioned this thing regarding fingerprinting at schools, and the mother was curious and asked me for more details. I briefly explained to her about how schools are now fingerprinting children without their parents consent, and she was truely horrified. She had no idea that this was on the agenda. "I won't let my two be done" she replied firmly.
All this time her husband had been standing listening to our conversation without saying a word. Then he spoke.
"So what's wrong with that?" he said, "anything that'll keep our kids safer, surely it has to be a good idea."
His wife replied, "Don't you see.......(guys name), how this will end up? Our kids details will be stored, it'll be just as though they are criminals."
Then, before we could say too much more, they had reached the head of the queue.
"Think about it" I said to her. "I shall" she replied. "Thank you."

Hagbard Celine
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gericom wrote:
H.C. I was standing in a queue yesterday, and got talking to a couple of people just in front of me, they were parents they told me of two children, one eleven year old, the other younger. I mentioned this thing regarding fingerprinting at schools, and the mother was curious and asked me for more details. I briefly explained to her about how schools are now fingerprinting children without their parents consent, and she was truely horrified. She had no idea that this was on the agenda. "I won't let my two be done" she replied firmly.
All this time her husband had been standing listening to our conversation without saying a word. Then he spoke.
"So what's wrong with that?" he said, "anything that'll keep our kids safer, surely it has to be a good idea."
His wife replied, "Don't you see.......(guys name), how this will end up? Our kids details will be stored, it'll be just as though they are criminals."
Then, before we could say too much more, they had reached the head of the queue.
"Think about it" I said to her. "I shall" she replied. "Thank you."

Well done, Gericom! I bet that will get them thinking. The battle in this case is not convincing people that it's wrong because almost everybody already agrees that it's wrong! People like this lady's husband are definitely a miniority. The battle is simply letting people know that it is happening. The education authorities know this and that is why they're trying to slip the programme in so quietly.

They will always generate fear and anger in us to harness us to their schemes, while keeping quiet about their real motive. Some people call this "Problem-Reaction-Solution" and it's a good name because it's about engineering a problem to get a public reaction whose solution is a policy that the public would otherwise oppose.

The way asylum-seekers are being demonized by the popular media is very suspicious in my view; and we've really got to watch out for this one. They're going to be used as the problem whose solution will be, once the reaction has been stirred up, the database state.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: