FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foot and Mouth Outbreak in Surrey
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Foot and Mouth Outbreak in Surrey Reply with quote

Cattle on a farm in Surrey have tested posivtive for Foot and Mouth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6930684.stm

See my videos at:
http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum For D WJ Sherlock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
GazeboflossUK
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been checking the "TV News" stations and they are really pushing this story in a seriously grim & gloomy way. Sky News in particular.

I wonder if it's going to turn into a nationwide outbreak by morning?

Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again, expect huge price increases on meat and dairy products for yet more stretching of finances, with the debt payers and the poor especially affected.
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how involved Portland Down is?

See my videos at:
http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum For D WJ Sherlock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cruise4
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portland Down... what was the concensus last time? I heard rumours they were involved but nothing further.
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long's Gordon been in allegedly "in charge"? Just over a month. How many crises have we had involving Cobra meetings? Three. This is getting entirely tiresome. Will the pyjama people ever see through it? Tell me about it.
Leiff
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were there any bio drills in the area?
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't find any news on bio exercises in August.

There was a FMD exercise last September starting on the 15th until the 22nd, making the 2.8.7 notification the 10th month and 19th day of it's start.

DEFRA also states that the most recent suspect FMD case was reported on 26.10.2006

That turned out to be false.

The latest case in Surrey was reported on 2.8.2007

9 months, 1 week and 1 day from 26.10.2006

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_ar ticle_id=473135&in_page_id=1770

Quote:
Dr Reynolds said they were examining all possible sources of the virus including illegal animal movements, undisclosed infection in legal movements, laboratories and deliberate release. Shocked

marndin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what we need to understand here, is that foot & mouth is the cow equivalent to the 'Flu' 95% of the animals would make a total recovery, and no one has yet explained to me why this is percieved as such a problem.

Humans can't catch it!

Secondly, it raises the question of vaccination efficasy; there is a vaccine if it works why not use it? Answer: Because vaccinations don't work, (it's more sinister than this but) they are a massive money spinner.

Yet another example of the "strategy of tension" bieng used...Google it.

Martin
Cruise4
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi marndin "Humans can't catch it!"
and to answer my own earlier question below is a flashback to last time currently on Prison Planet...

Foot And Mouth Released In Agraterrorism Attack On UK?
By Patricia Doyle, PhD
dr_p_doyle@hotmail.com
4-13-1

Prologue

Why would a top secret lab, Porton Down, keep a benign virus, like simple FMD, in a biolevel 4 unit with SMALLPOX, EBOLA, ANTHRAX, and a very VIRULENT and, I suspect, ALTERED STRAIN OF TB? Why? FMD virus is usually kept in biolevel 3 unit.

So, why is this one, the one that had been stolen from this high security, top secret facility, so different that it must be kept in level 4 with bioweapon pathogens? Have they discovered HOW to make FMD jump the species barrier?

I am now 100% certain that:

1. FMD was released on purpose in the UK.

2. the FMD virus released in the UK was from the stolen vile from Porton Downs, and it is GENETICALLY ALTERED, weaponized, and probably highly unstable. Ergo, the mass culling of all animals.

3. MAFF Officials, as well as Porton Down scientists probably do not know how the stolen virus will react in the environment. I believe that this version of the FMD virus can probably travel a lot further then non- engineered versions. I also believe that this version may be able to jump the species barrier to man.

4. this strain can become a very lethal killer to humans.

Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus (FMDV) Why is the FMD outbreak in the UK different?

I have been saying that the Foot-and-Mouth Disease outbreak in the UK has some anomalies that make it different from the other Foot-and-Mouth Disease outbreaks around the world.

We first learned about an outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease in the UK, February 20, 2001. The origin of Foot and Mouth Disease virus was traced to Bob Waugh's "Burnisde Farm" in Heddon-on-the-Wall, UK. Bob Waugh's "Burnside Farm" was confirmed by Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAFF)to be the origin of the Foot-and-Mouth Disease outbreak in the UK.

There were certain oddities pertaining to Mr. Waugh's farm. The Burnside Farm was filthy, with cramped animal pens, some of which contained dead animals scattered throughout the pen with live animals. In short, Bob Waugh's "Burnside Farm" was a perfect "ground zero" for an outbreak. December 19, 200, Bob Waugh's farm was visited by Animal Rights Activists, and also by Mr. Martin Coutts, who is a Press Officer for Hillside Animal Sanctuary in Norwich, UK.

When I spoke to Mr. Martin Coutts on the telephone last week, he informed me that he had visited Bob Waugh's farm in December because he, and his associates feared Foot-and-Mouth Disease might occur. The visit was two months prior to the Feb. 20, 2001 outbreak. I would concur that his fears were realized.

Three months prior to the Foot-and-Mouth Disease outbreak in the UK, the US held Foot-and-Mouth Disease simulations in Texas. I have been told by Paula McCann, a Producer for an overnight BBC radio show, called "Up All Night," that the UK had also held Foot-and-Mouth Disease Simulations just prior to the actual outbreak.

Foot-and-Mouth disease is a non-lethal virus in the family Picornavirus of the genus Aphaviridae. It is really only lethal to young and newborn animals. It carries less then a 5% death rate for those animals. It does result in loss of productivity for older animals who had contracted the virus. Animals who have had the virus do not maintain body weight, and females experience a major loss in milk.

There are also major problems for Countries with active Foot-and-Mouth Disease status. These Countries are unable to export livestock or livestock products. The disease is really a major economical blow to a Country that has endemic, and active Foot- and-Mouth Disease.

There are several vaccines available to prevent Foot-and-Mouth Disease, but, there is also a major downside to using these vaccines. Synthetic marker vaccines for FMD are still at the developmental stage. Vaccines can, occasionally, be contaminated with live virus, thus the vaccine can cause a FMD outbreak.

Vaccinated animals may be difficult to distinguish serologically from previously-infected animals thus eliminating serology as a method of identifying infected animals. In the case of an active outbreak, such as presently in the UK, attempts to "emergency vaccinate" animals, the vaccination teams can spread disease as they make rounds from farm to farm. Lastly, vaccinated animals may become infected, and show less severe signs of disease, despite shedding virus, thus prolonging an outbreak by allowing infected animals to escape ready visual detection. One other problem is that vaccinated animals will show FMD virus antibodies and thus, endanger a Country's FMD-free status.

There is also another anomaly about the UK outbreak. The UK is the ONLY Country that is doing mass culling of all animals, both healthy and ill.

Other Countries where FMD is endemic or has broken out, only cull sick animal herds. In some cases, only animals at risk, within 2 miles of the outbreak might be culled. The policy of the UK is to cull all animals, healthy as well as sick.

I have learned from my sources in the UK that MAFF had purchased much of the wood, prior to the outbreak, that is now being used for funeral pyres. How did MAFF officials KNOW that they would need the extra wood for funeral pyres caused by an outbreak of FMD, that had not occurred at the time the wood was purchased?

IF you watch the evening news over the past two months, then I am sure that you have seen tourists coming from the UK entering the US swiping their feet in disinfectant. Even luggage had to be disinfected. We have been told that Foot and Mouth Disease type O had been pandemic.

We see ONLY WITNESS-TOURISTS FROM THE UK being disinfected. India has had an outbreak of Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus that had merged with hemorrhagic septicemia, yet, we do not see Indian or Bangladesh tourists having to disinfect their shoes when entering the US. Why only tourists and visitors from the UK? Is there anything "different" about the strain of Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus in the UK?

Lastly, according to Monday's article in the UK Daily Mirror, a test tube of Foot and Mouth Disease virus had been stolen from the Porton Downs top secret labs in the UK. It was reported that the FMDV was kept in the same biolevel 4 unit as Smallpox, Ebola, Anthrax and a very virulent strain of TB. Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus is normally kept in biolevel 3 unit.

* What is so different about the stolen FMD virus?

* Why did this vile of FMD virus have to be kept in level 4 unit with Smallpox, Ebola, Anthrax and Virulent TB?

* Was this FMD virus genetically altered?

* Has it been altered to merge easily with other viruses, such as hemorrhagic septicemia?

* Who took the vile and where is it?

* Is this the Foot-and-Mouth virus causing the UK outbreak?

* Is there any other pathogen missing from that same unit? Smallpox, Ebola, TB, or Anthrax?

* Why would someone only take a virus that is not even lethal to animals? Or is it?

Thank you, Patricia Doyle

Patricia A. Doyle, PhD Visit my "Emerging Diseases" message board at: http://disc.server.com/Indices/93896.html

Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_of_tension

Wink to martin
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes as a bit of a surprise, given their article hiding reputation, that Indymedia should sprout such conspiracy theories but here is a completely different perspective:

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/08/377582.html?c=all

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest from DEFRA:

The FMD strain is being linked to the Institute of Animal Health at Pirbright.

DEFRA wrote:
Foot and Mouth Disease confirmed in cattle, in Surrey
Key current information

Update - 4 August: Results of Foot and Mouth Disease Strain in Surrey, extension of zones

The FMD strain found in Surrey is not one currently known to be recently found in animals. It is most similar to strains used in international diagnostic laboratories and in vaccine production, including at the Pirbright site shared by the Institute of Animal Health (IAH) and Merial Animal Health Ltd, a pharmaceutical company. The present indications are that this strain is a 01 BFS67 – like virus, isolated in the 1967 Foot and Mouth Disease outbreak in Great Britain.

This strain is present at the IAH and was used in a batch manufactured in July 2007 by the Merial facility. On a precautionary basis Merial has agreed to voluntarily halt vaccine production.

In response to this new information Debby Reynolds, Chief Veterinary Officer has instructed that a new single Protection Zone be created encompassing both the infected farm premises and the Pirbright site, with a single 10km radius Surveillance Zone.

Immediate action is being taken with an investigation led by the Health and Safety Executive at the Institute for Animal Health and Merial.

In addition an urgent independent review into biosecurity arrangements at both sites has been commissioned led by Professor Brian Spratt of Imperial University. It will report to Hilary Benn and Debby Reynolds.

This incident remains at an early stage. It is too soon to reach any firm conclusions. All potential sources of the virus will continue to be investigated. All other precautionary measures announced yesterday remain in place.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/news/latest/2007/animal-0803.htm

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Rothschilds and their labour party subsiduary want to buy up some more farmland on the cheap.
Surrey nice green belt to build another yellow brick estate.

This foot and mouth is another scam. The meat does not have to be wasted. There are vaccinnes with better odds than the crappy mercury vaccinnes they give our kids. Another £5.5 billion of tax payers money will be wasted simply because the Rothschilds want to buy up more land on the cheap.

Never ending wars, Never ending plagues, never ending chaos,
the protocols of learned elders of zion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Drill last month Reply with quote

I've managed to find one article from the Russian news agency Itar-Tass, which states that the Pirbright Laboratory, located about six kilometers from the affected farm, "hosted an international drill last month during which live viruses of foot-and-mouth disease were used," according to "a number of sources." See:
http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=11769907&PageNum=0

Let's see if we can find some more articles about this.

uselesseater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning Radio 4 were reporting that the particular strain had come from a lab, just like the outbreak in 2001. Animal rights protestors last time wasnt it? Laughing

Here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6931858.stm

http://www.physorg.com/news105519864.html

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20070021581

www.myspace.com/truthleeds
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is all over Sky news too now.
So once again we see the hand of government behind this suffering and loss that the British farmer will suffer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should ba capitalising on this casual admission of government involvement with the outbreak of FMD again. It is almost as if they are goading us.

I think the average farmer must be pretty pissed off at the government/EU contingent and might prove fertile ground for the seeds of the awakening.

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please visit http://warmwell.com and http://www.fwi.co.uk/Home/Default.aspx for the farmers pov.

A sample email:

Quote:
Will we be told the truth about where the 2007 outbreak of FMD came from?

The Government refused to hold a Public Inquiry into the 2001 outbreak, even though it described the outbreak as 'the worst civil crisis to strike this country since World War 2'. The Government blamed the swill feeding industry for that outbreak and closed this recycling industry down without any compensation for the licensed operators, even though it continued in Europe. For four years the Parliamentary Ombudsman has been investigating that decision and the political manoeuverings that went on behind the scenes. The recent diaries of Alistair Campbell reveal his input, with the entry of March 23 2001. The decision to ban swill feeding was driven by No 10 who needed somebody to blame for the disease outbreak, just before a General Election. The decision to ban swill feeding was not based on science or logic. The 1.7 million tonnes of waste food that was being recycled by swill feeders was then diverted to landfill.

Has this disease outbreak come from a landfill site or from one of the meat composting sites that the State Veterinary Service is supposed to be monitoring? The Government is diverting large amounts of category three meat into composting sites even though the risk assessment it commissioned identified that there was a risk of disease escaping from these sites. The Government is facing EU fines of £150 per tonne for every tonne of waste recycling that it fails to achieve below set targets. The message is 'compost and to hell with the consequences'

Why has the Parliamentary Ombudsman taken over four years to investigate the ban on swill feeding? Is it because she has learnt that a State Vet, who is still employed by DEFRA, wrote a confession saying that if he had done his job properly the country would have been spared FMD? Is it because she has identified that DEFRA prevented that confession from going to the Anderson Lessons Learned Inquiry? Is it because she has learnt that a State Vet was condoning the illegal storage of unprocessed waste food on the farm where the 2001 outbreak was believed to have started? Is it because she has identified that the Minister misled the House of Commons about the results of the consultation that preceded the ban on swill feeding? Nick Brown MP reported the results to the House saying 'there were about 150 responses to the consultation, nearly all of which favoured a ban'. Following a search at DEFRA's library Ben Bradshaw MP issued a statement confirming there were over 350 responses with a majority supporting the continuation of swill feeding. Nick Brown MP misled the House of Commons and Alistair Campbell got his scapegoat for FMD and the recycling industry of swill feeding was closed down. Will the Parliamentary Ombudsman ever have the political courage to reveal the truth?

An extract from another:

Quote:
So strange that this outbreak is so close to DEFRA headquarters at Tolworth. Is any research done at Tolworth? Suspicion of foul play is never far from my mind.

And another:

Quote:
Until now, it has seemed taboo in 'official circles' to acknowledge that a laboratory could be the source of a virus escape. Perhaps now that this taboo has broken down, we can have some more honesty about the source of the 2001 outbreak. Where did the dead sheep taken to Bobby Waugh's pig farm pick up the infection and which laboratory allowed the escape of the virus into sheep?

And another:

Quote:
I note the comments from Lawrence White. There were suggestions that Dr David Kelly (of Iraq weapons of mass destruction fame) was the FMD expert working on a project at Newcastle University (research farm) into experiments using an attenuated version of the FMD virus as a marker gene. It is also of interest that Bobby Waugh was taking swill from Newcastle University but the details of his sources of waste food were swapped around so that this information was not made public in Court. There is no doubt that a book could be written about what really happened prior to FMD in 2001.

If only !

PS: Merial was 10 years old on August 1 2007, the day before the "outbreak" in Surrey was reported to DEFRA. They were also the company that produced the FMD vaccines that our government refused to use back in 2001.

http://us.merial.com/

Quote:
Duluth, GA — Merial celebrated its 10th anniversary on August 1, 2007. The company, a joint venture between Merck and sanofi-aventis, is celebrating this milestone under the overall theme of "Shaping Animal Health Together."

uselesseater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merial is a subsidiary of Merck i think.

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

August 06, 2007

OK Gordon What Do You Know?

http://www.tapestrytalks.typepad.com/

Funny how our 75,000 tonnes of beef exports are banned worldwide when we have a FMD outbreak that is infinitessimally small (so far) and yet we import 300,000 tonnes of beef from Brazil where foot and mouth is endemic.

Could Gordon Brown explain to the British people why the last outbreak in 2001 was kept secret for four months? Can he explain why the government alleged that the Cleveland outbreak in pigs was the start of the epidemic, when it knew perfetly well the disease had been running in sheep previously?

Did Gordon Brown approve of this deception taking place ? What did he say about it to anyone at the time - or if not then, what does he say about it now?

Or does he deny that the deception took place?

The evidence that someone knew foot and mouth was 'coming' in 2001 is not in doubt. MAFF (now DEFRA) bought up all the spare railway sleepers in Britain for the incineration of millions of animals before the outbreak was announced. British farmers were made to dip all their footwear when travelling to the USA prior to the outbreak being announced.

Some commentators such as Jeff Rense of Rense.com jumped to the conclusion that the outbreak was planned and deliberately caused. But what hadn't occurred to him was that the outbreak had already started when the 'preparations' were taking place.

The only politician to go public about the keeping secret of the outbreak for four months was Jeffrey Titford MEP of UKIP. He put out an internal party briefing on the internet, giving the details of the story early in 2001. The media completely blanked the government's deception at the time, and you wonder if the Official Secrets Act was put into effect to notify the media to leave alone. It must have.

The secrecy ensured that the disease had spread far and wide before anything was done. One quarter of Britain's farm animals, most of them totally healthy were then slaughtered. It is too big a story to remain secret. It was then and is still now a deception practised on the British people by their own government, which ended up costing £8 billion in halting the disease and another £8 billion in lost earnings for tourism and leaisure industries.

Any journalist trying to follow this should start by interviewing Jeffrey Titford. And then dig around. There is a big story here which has yet to break, and which should be broken. b* the Official Secrets Act.

It is time that the British people were told the truth. The question is - Should Blair have used the Official Secrets Act to cover up his government's disasterous handling of the crisis? And the current Prime Minister Gordon Brown must surely tell us what his views on this are. He was the Chancellor after all, and must have noticed the loss of £16 billion. What did he know?

GazeboflossUK
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Russian news agency ITAR-TASS is reporting that the release of the virus came after an "international drill" last month that was held at Pirbright Laboratory, in which live virus was used. Real attacks are always shadowed by drills to provide culpable deniability.

(http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2007/050807_foot_and_mouth .htm)

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both TASS links above are based on a Mail on Sunday story which does not mention the alleged exercise.

TASS wrote:
A number of sources reported that it hosted an international drill last month during which live viruses of foot-and-mouth disease were used.

No sources mentioned.

If anyone can find any information about the alleged international drill hosted at Pirbright please post it.

Shoestring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
If anyone can find any information about the alleged international drill hosted at Pirbright please post it.

The Itar-Tass story is pretty vague. It doesn't specifically state that it got the information about the "international drill" from the Mail on Sunday. It just says it got this information from "A number of sources." So, if this was an internationaldrill, Tass might plausibly have had its own informants on this.

I've done several searches, though, and haven't yet been able to find anything confirming this drill. So it's possible that Tass simply has its facts wrong, or maybe it was just a very secretive drill. We just have to keep looking and see if anything more turns up.

The one thing that definitely did happen in July was that, on the 16th, the strain of foot and mouth identified at Wolford farm was used in a batch of vaccines manufactured by Merial.

Also, according to the BBC, "an investigation of the cuts on the mouths of the cows suggested that they were infected sometime between 18 and 22 July." So the goings on around mid-July seem to be key.

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoestring wrote:
The Itar-Tass story is pretty vague. It doesn't specifically state that it got the information about the "international drill" from the Mail on Sunday. It just says it got this information from "A number of sources." So, if this was an internationaldrill, Tass might plausibly have had its own informants on this.

Agreed.

But, from your own link: http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=11769907&PageNum=0

TASS wrote:
Virus leak causes FMD in southern England - newspaper

05.08.2007, 05.01

LONDON, August 5 (Itar-Tass) - The source of foot-and-mouth disease found in southern Britain is a U.S. pharmaceutical company, the Mail on Sunday weekly reported.

I read the FMD MoS articles yesterday, they have been updated since and none of them mentioned the alleged drill.

One would expect TASS to have it's own sources.

All we need to do is find them.

Whilst not discounting this possibility entirely, I find it deeply suspicious that a link has been made so quickly to either a government laboratory and / or a pharma company.

Who would bet against it being, the sole source for FMD testing, underfunded, state run lab ?

The Hegelian perspective would suggest that regardless of it's accuracy the outcome would be to privatise the lab once and for all ?

Thus resulting in bio evaluation switched into private hands completely.

Unless of course we are now seeing evidence of Brown's glasnost coming into play.

Yeah, it was rhetorical.

BTW the EU has, of today, banned all beef exports once again.

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday, 6 August 2007, 20:46 GMT 21:46 UK

Fresh cull in foot-and-mouth zone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6934186.stm

A fresh case of foot-and-mouth disease is suspected in Surrey, the chief veterinary officer has confirmed.

Cattle, within the 3km protection zone set up around the farm where the first outbreak occurred, are being culled as a precaution.

Chief veterinary officer Debby Reynolds said they had found something "suspect" and the animals were being culled to "minimise any chance of spread".

A report, due on Tuesday, will establish if it is another outbreak.

The BBC understands the new foot-and-mouth cull will affect between 50 and 100 cattle.

Dr Reynolds said the second potential outbreak site was a "small number of kilometres" from Wolford farm, near Guildford, the first infected premises.

Vets identified clinical signs of the disease in a herd on one of their regular visits to farms in the protection zone.

Samples are being analysed for official confirmation.

Dr Reynolds said: "The intensive work of Animal Health has meant that we have been able to rapidly identify this suspect case and take appropriate action swiftly.

"I continue to urge all animal keepers to be vigilant for signs of disease and practice strict biosecurity."

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC are reporting this as related.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?articleID=3855

Cattle cull at research centre

Wed, February 21 2007

By Miles Amoore, Reporter
Email: newburytoday@newburynews.co.uk
Phone: 01635 564632

Compton’s animal research centre closes high security unit after bovine tuberculosis scare

FEARS that workers at Compton’s animal research centre might have contracted bovine tuberculosis have led to the cull of cattle and the closure of the facility’s high security unit.

Fifteen disease-infected cows had to be culled after the discovery was made on February 2 by the government’s health and safety inspectors who found a fault with the unit’s ventilation system, leading to fears that researchers at the Institute for Animal Health (IAH) may have breathed in tuberculosis contaminated air.

The discovery came three months after inspectors had issued an improvement notice following concerns that workers at IAH were at risk of the waterborne legionnaires’ disease.

It is unknown how long the problem has gone on for and scientists at IAH confirmed that higher levels of TB had been used in past experiments, increasing the chance that cattle were excreting the disease and infecting workers.

The experiments carried out at the time of the unit’s closure involved infecting cows with bovine TB to test whether the inoculation used to prevent TB in humans could also be used as a preventative measure in cattle.

Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already stated the drill:

http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=11769907&PageNum=0

(sorry I just read it elsewhere)
uselesseater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold the press!

Caller on 5 live just said that the lab in question had been granted a licence to produce a vaccine for the particular strain only 3 weeks previous. Apparently it is the only place in the world where the particular strain exists.

Should be able to download it later.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: