FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pilger - Iran-Contra death squad is gunning for Chavez

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Pilger - Iran-Contra death squad is gunning for Chavez Reply with quote

John Pilger on Guardian 'Comment is Free'

The old Iran-Contra death squad gang is desperate to discredit Chavez
Democracy and hope in Latin America have been revived by Venezuela's leader. But the forces allied against him are formidable

John Pilger - Friday August 17, 2007 - The Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2150484,00.html#article_con tinue

I walked with Roberto Navarrete into the national stadium in Santiago, Chile. With the southern winter's wind skating down from the Andes, it was empty and ghostly. Little had changed, he said: the chicken wire, the broken seats, the tunnel to the changing rooms from which the screams echoed. We stopped at a large number 28. "This is where I was, facing the scoreboard. This is where I was called to be tortured."

Thousands of "the detained and the disappeared" were imprisoned in the stadium following the Washington-backed coup by General Pinochet against the democracy of Salvador Allende on September 11 1973. For the majority people of Latin America, the abandonados, the infamy and historical lesson of the first "9/11" have never been forgotten. "In the Allende years, we had a hope the human spirit would triumph," said Roberto. "But in Latin America those believing they are born to rule behave with such brutality to defend their rights, their property, their hold over society that they approach true fascism. People who are well-dressed, whose houses are full of food, bang pots in the streets in protest as though they don't have anything. This is what we had in Chile 36 years ago. This is what we see in Venezuela today. It is as if Chávez is Allende. It is so evocative for me."

In making my film The War on Democracy, I sought the help of Chileans like Roberto and his family, and Sara de Witt, who courageously returned with me to the torture chambers at Villa Grimaldi, which she somehow survived. Together with other Latin Americans who knew the tyrannies, they bear witness to the pattern and meaning of the propaganda and lies now aimed at undermining another epic bid to renew both democracy and freedom on the continent.

The disinformation that helped destroy Allende and give rise to Pinochet's horrors worked the same in Nicaragua, where the Sandinistas had the temerity to implement modest, popular reforms. In both countries, the CIA funded the leading opposition media, although they need not have bothered. In Nicaragua, the fake martyrdom of La Prensa became a cause for North America's leading liberal journalists, who seriously debated whether a poverty-stricken country of 3 million peasants posed a "threat" to the United States. Ronald Reagan agreed and declared a state of emergency to combat the monster at the gates. In Britain, whose Thatcher government "absolutely endorsed" US policy, the standard censorship by omission applied. In examining 500 articles that dealt with Nicaragua in the early 1980s, the historian Mark Curtis found an almost universal suppression of the achievements of the Sandinista government - "remarkable by any standards" - in favour of the falsehood of "the threat of a communist takeover"......(continues here)

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venezuela wins against Esso in High Court:

http://www.handsoffvenezuela.org/exxon_loses_case_against_pdvsa.htm

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negroponte sticking his bloody nose into South American affairs again?

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news/3305

The US is using Colombia in general, and Santos in particular, as it's 'stalking-horse' against Venezuela.
We should be watching this situation carefully; as Hugo Chavez jokingly said: "It shouldn't surprise you if a photo of me with Bin Laden comes out of that computer" (talking about the captured laptop from the Reyes assassination).
I hope many of you in London will show solidarity when 'Hands Off Venezuela' or other Venezuelan solidariity or information groups calls for protests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: