FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Observer - The Day Reality Hit Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Observer - The Day Reality Hit Home Reply with quote

Check out article in today's 'Observer', 'The Day Reality Hit Home'. This should give us opportunities - I haven't figured all the angles yet, but it looks very promising. Boy, has he opened himself up!. Go get 'im, lads and lassies!
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A direct link would be nice Paul Wink

Found it here though:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,2151530,00.html

Quote:
The day reality hit home

The writer Andrew Anthony was a committed member of the liberal left - until the attacks of 11 September, 2001. A veteran of CND and Nicaraguan solidarity campaigns, he was astonished at the liberal left's anti-American reaction. And so he began to question other basic assumptions about race, crime and terror - a political journey he charts here, in these exclusive extracts from his compelling new book

Sunday August 19, 2007
The Observer

On the afternoon of 11 September 2001 I was sitting in a Soho screening room watching a preview of a film called Greenfingers. At the end of the film, the credits were interrupted by a flickering image of a burning skyscraper. Yet another Hollywood cliché, I thought. The picture was presented as if it was newsreel but, due to an apparent problem in the projection room, there was no sound. It was a little odd to see another feature played immediately after the previous one had finished. Was this one of those guerrilla advertising campaigns? A preview of a forthcoming attraction?

continued
outsider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newspeak International wrote:
A direct link would be nice Paul Wink

Found it here though:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,,2151530,00.html

Quote:
The day reality hit home

The writer Andrew Anthony was a committed member of the liberal left - until the attacks of 11 September, 2001. A veteran of CND and Nicaraguan solidarity campaigns, he was astonished at the liberal left's anti-American reaction. And so he began to question other basic assumptions about race, crime and terror - a political journey he charts here, in these exclusive extracts from his compelling new book

Sunday August 19, 2007
The Observer

On the afternoon of 11 September 2001 I was sitting in a Soho screening room watching a preview of a film called Greenfingers. At the end of the film, the credits were interrupted by a flickering image of a burning skyscraper. Yet another Hollywood cliché, I thought. The picture was presented as if it was newsreel but, due to an apparent problem in the projection room, there was no sound. It was a little odd to see another feature played immediately after the previous one had finished. Was this one of those guerrilla advertising campaigns? A preview of a forthcoming attraction?

continued

Thanks, Newspeak International. I'm not too good with the web; I did try to find the link.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..............In the end I reached the conclusion that 11 September had already brutally confirmed: there were other forces, far more malign than America, that lay in wait in the world. But having faced up to the basic issue of comparative international threats, could I stop the political reassessment there? If I had been wrong about the relative danger of America, could I be wrong about all the other things I previously held to be true? I tried hard to suppress this thought, to ring-fence the global situation, grant it exceptional status and keep it in a separate part of my mind. I had too much vested in my image of myself as a 'liberal'. I had bought into the idea, for instance, that all social ills stemmed from inequality and racism. I knew that crime was solely a function of poverty. That to be British was cause for shame, never pride. And to be white was to bear an unshakable burden of guilt. I held the view, or at least was unprepared to challenge it, that it was wrong to single out any culture for censure, except, of course, Western culture, which should be admonished at every opportunity. I was confident, too, that Israel was the source of most of the troubles in the Middle East. These were non-negotiables for any right-thinking decent person. I couldn't question these received wisdoms without questioning my own identity. And I had grown too comfortable with seeing myself as one of the good guys, the well-meaning people, to want to do anything that upset that image. I viewed myself as understanding, and to maintain that self-perception it was imperative that I didn't try to understand myself.

In a sense 11 September was the ultimate mugging, a murderous assertion of a new reality, or rather a reality that already existed but which we preferred not to see. Over the years I had absorbed a notion of liberalism that was passive, defeatist, guilt-ridden. Feelings of guilt governed my world view: post-colonial guilt, white guilt, middle-class guilt, British guilt. But if I was guilty, 9/11 shattered my innocence. More than anything it challenged us all to wake up and open our eyes to what was real. It took me far too long to meet that challenge. For while I realised almost straight away that 9/11 would change the world, it would be several years before I accepted that it had also changed me. I had been wrong. This was my story, after all...........

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think Andrew Anthony should be approached - perhaps asking him to come and talk to us about his book would be the way forward.
blackbear
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A contribution:

Well, is he?
Posted by Gene

I know we've asked variations of this question many times, but: is Guardian associate editor Seumas Milne for real?

I refer to the first paragraph of Milne's latest Comment is Free column at the Guardian website. The nominal topic is Andrew Anthony's book The Fall-Out: How a Guilty Liberal Lost His Innocence, which I won't presume to pass judgment on. But consider the utter, breathtaking, insulting wrongness of the following:

There's now a well-established tradition in Britain of recantations by people who have moved from left to right, and either try to justify their embrace of the powers-that-be or, alternatively, insist they haven't changed at all, it's their former allies who've abandoned their principles. The genre goes back at least to the anti-communist tome The God that Failed, published at the height of the cold war, and includes the gruesome Thatcherite Right Turn collection of the late 1970s.

Now the most charitable explanation for this assertion is that Milne has not actually read The God That Failed. But I fear the disturbing truth is that he has read it, and wrote this anyway.

As I hope most of our readers know, TGTF-- published in 1949 and edited by the Labour MP Richard Crossman-- is a collection of essays by well-known former Communists and fellow travellers (André Gide, Richard Wright, Ignazio Silone, Stephen Spender, Arthur Koestler and Louis Fischer) describing their disillusion and ultimate break with the Party. As far as I know, all of these writers maintained a leftwing commitment to social justice after leaving the Party. But none of them could stomach the Party's undemocratic structure and brutal methods.

And Milne accuses them of moving from left to right and abandoning their (presumably) fine principles? I can only repeat my original question.

http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net/...enjoy the comments....

Notice the links to this anti-muslim hate site.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: