FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Milgram Experiment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: The Milgram Experiment Reply with quote

"A lesson in depravity, peer pressure, and the power of authority"

http://www.new-life.net/milgram.htm

Interesting info. wrt to current consensus vs. non-consensus views on 9/11 and related material.
johnnyhotshots
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this experiment on a Derren Brown show; the objective was to find the most dominant person in the group. The person wired up to the machine wasn't being zapped but the patsy thought that they were. It shows how far people will go when pushed...

www.infowars.com
Jim
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The experiment also seems to show how easy it is for authority figures to persuade people to pursue a negative agenda when they are presented with a contrived scenario. The reaction to authority is key here i.e. some people seem to have a more developed sense of what is right and wrong even if the experiment calls for action.

The results of these experiments have shown that 35-85% of people will continue on to administer a "lethal" shock i.e. 35-85% of people will continue to go with the program no matter what the consequences are. The results give us a pretty good idea of what we're dealing with when confronting the consensus view of events such as 9/11. I would say, given the range of results, that on average 50-60% of people would rather stay with The Program. Those figures are of course dependent on the availability and absorption of information relating to the issue - that's where the 9/11 Truth Movement comes in.
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its one of the most important studies learnt in psychology courses.

It basically showed that a person in a white coat could be trusted regardless of the consequences.
Eckyboy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Sheep Reply with quote

This is how evil things happen. I was brought up to know right from wrong and it seems people like me are in a minority. Most people are like sheep with no thought to decency or principles. To do the right thing no matter the cost is the most important thing you can ever learn.
Squall7
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I recognised the name Milgram. Thanks for that, it's just jogged my memory! I remember it from a very early lesson in AS level Psychology! Can't believe I forgot that!

It also explains a lot about the way the commission report and such was handled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: