FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rove Quits the Whitehouse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Rove Quits the Whitehouse Reply with quote

http://www.underthecarpet.co.uk/Pages/NewsArticle.php?num=2785

Quote:
President Bush's chief political adviser, Karl Rove, is to leave the White House at the end of the month, it emerged today.

"I just think it's time," he told the Wall Street Journal, which described him as "Mr Bush's political alter ego".

Mr Rove is one of the most senior - and controversial - figures in the Bush administration.

The 56-year-old was among those questioned after the identity of the CIA agent Valerie Plame was leaked to the press.

He admitted telling journalists about Plame's identity, making five appearances before a grand jury but ultimately avoiding charges of perjury and obstruction of justice.
Earlier this month, Mr Bush set up a possible court showdown with Democratic senators by citing executive privilege in rejecting a subpoena for Mr Rove to appear before the Senate judiciary committee in an investigation into fired federal prosecutors.

The president's opponents have sought to force Mr Rove and other aides to testify about the firing of nine US prosecutors last year.

Democrats said the firings could have been intended to influence investigations of Democratic or Republican lawmakers. Mr Bush and the attorney general, Alberto Gonzales, said they were justified but mishandled.

In the interview, Mr Rove revealed he had told Mr Bush of his desire to resign a year ago, but had stayed on because of events such as the Democrats taking control of Congress and pressing issues including Iraq and immigration.

Along with other top White House aides, he was told by the chief of staff, Josh Bolten, that he would be obliged to stay until January 20 2009 - the day the next president will be sworn in - if he continued to serve beyond a certain date.

"There's always something that can keep you here, and as much as I'd like to be here, I've got to do this for the sake of my family," Mr Rove said.

He made optimistic predictions on issues such as Iraq, saying the country would be "in a better place" as the US troop "surge" continued.

When the president's low, 30 percent approval rating was mentioned, Mr Rove insisted he would "move back up in the polls".

He said he believed Mr Bush wouldleave behind two lasting pillars of future foreign policy - that harbouring a terrorist makes a nation as guilty as the terrorist, and the act of pre-emption.

While he predicted a Democratic nomination for Hillary Clinton, he did so with a swipe, saying of the Democrats: "They are likely to nominate a tough, tenacious, fatally flawed candidate."

He also said the Republicans had "a very good chance" of winning the White House next year, adding: "If we keep our nerve and represent big things, we'll win."

Mr Rove has worked for Mr Bush since he campaigned to be a governor of Texas 14 years ago. Many attribute his presidential victory in 2000 to Mr Rove's strategy.

However, he downplayed suggestions of immense power, saying: "I'm a myth. There's the Mark of Rove. I read about some of the things I'm supposed to have done, and I have to try not to laugh."

Mr Rove will leave the Bush administration on August 31. It is not known who will replace him, but there is speculation that Mr Bolten will divide up his duties among more than one person.

The White House deputy press secretary, Dana Perino, said: "Obviously, it's a big loss to us. He's a great colleague, a good friend, and a brilliant mind.

"He will be greatly missed, but we know he wouldn't be going if he wasn't sure this was the right time to be giving more to his family, his wife, Darby, and their son. He will continue to be one of the president's greatest friends."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2147777,00.html

HipHop:
http://www.myspace.com/skepticandjidsames
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the "pleasure" of watching Rove's resignation theatre today, live on the telluvision.

He feigned Chenyesque emotion, in a way that I empathised with. Physically.

Lifting my head from the bowl, peering down at last night's dinner, I heard this:

Karl Rove wrote:

The GVI: — I've been talking to Karl for a while about his desire to spend more time with Darby and Andrew. This is a family that's made enormous sacrifices not only for our beloved state of Texas but for a country we both love.

We've been friends for a long time, and we're still going to be friends. I would call Karl Rove a dear friend. We've known each other as youngsters, interested in serving our state. We worked together so we could be in a position to serve this country.

And so I thank my friend. I'll be on the road behind you here in a little bit.

I thank Darby and I thank Karl for making a tremendous sacrifice.

And I wish you all the very best.

KARL ROVE: Today I submitted my resignation as deputy chief of staff and senior adviser, effective the end of the month.

Mr. President, I'm grateful for the opportunity you gave me to serve our nation and you. I'm grateful for being able to work with the extraordinary men and women that you've drawn into this administration. And I'm grateful to have been a witness to history. It has been the joy and the honor of a lifetime.

I've seen a man of farsighted courage put America on a war footing and protect us against a brutal enemy in a dangerous conflict that will shape this new century.

I've seen a leader respond to an economy weakened by recession, corporate scandal and terrorist attacks by taking decisive action to strengthen the economy and create jobs.

I've seen a reformer who challenged his administration, the Congress and the country to make bold changes to important institutions in great need of repair.

Mr. President, the world's turned many times since our journey began. We've been at this a long time. It's over 14 years ago that you began your run for governor and over 10 years ago that we started thinking and planning about a possible run for the presidency. And it's been an exhilarating and eventful time.

Through it all, you've remained the same man. Your integrity, character and decency have remained unchanged and inspiring.

Through all those years, I've asked a lot of my family. And they've given all I've asked and more. And now it seems the right time to start thinking about the next chapter in our family's life.

It's not been an easy decision, as you know from our discussions that started last summer. It always seemed there was a better time to leave somewhere out there in the future.

But now is the time.

I will miss, deeply miss my work here, my colleagues, and the opportunity to serve you and our nation, Mr. President.

But I look forward to continuing our friendship of 34 years, to being your fierce and committed advocate on the outside, and to the next journey we might make together.

At month's end, I will join those whom you meet in your travels, the ordinary Americans who tell you they are praying for you.

Like them, I will ask for God's continued gifts of strength and wisdom for you and your work, your vital work for our country and the world, and for the almighty's continued blessing of our great country.

Thank you again for this extraordinary opportunity.

(APPLAUSE)

He was born on Christmas Day yunno.

mark_e
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, blair, rumsfeld, rove, powell, wolfowitz have all been moved from their office to quieter backwaters. if some large declaration were to take place about either the wars in afghanistan or iraq, or 9/11 some of the major players seem to have moved to minimum safe distance, or have been moved to a place where they can be removed from office without causing a country to go into meltdown. just an idea.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not forgetting:

Ashcroft
Bremer
Tenet
Franks
Zakheim

pdx911action
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark_e wrote:
so, blair, rumsfeld, rove, powell, wolfowitz have all been moved from their office to quieter backwaters. if some large declaration were to take place about either the wars in afghanistan or iraq, or 9/11 some of the major players seem to have moved to minimum safe distance, or have been moved to a place where they can be removed from office without causing a country to go into meltdown. just an idea.

An idea closer to the probable truth than "I need time with my family". *gag* *retch*
(Do vampires have families?)

My guess is Rove will continue to "advise" Bush and Cheney in an unofficial capacity. The man is slime, but he's brilliant. Of course this is part of a plan. The only question is, is it a plan of strategic retreat, as mark_e suggests, (are they really "on the run") or is it repositioning for some further mischief?

I have a hard time believing they're going to give up their Nietzche inspired plans and go quietly. But if they are "on the run", then let Nuremburg II begin! Very Happy

http://pdx911action.blogspot.com/
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great new article which shows just how the White House "crazies'" lies have left them fenced in.
Will they lash out?? Henry Kissinger ill be advising about what to do on that one!

Shrinking White House

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22246491-28737,00.h tml

Geoff Elliott | August 15, 2007

IT didn't take long for Karl Rove to gather himself. He was in a typically playful mood aboard Air Force One yesterday just a couple of hours after Washington witnessed a rare moment from one of the most polarising figures in US politics.
The rambunctious Rove was showing something rarely seen: vulnerability.

A brief but emotional press conference had taken place on the south lawn of the White House in which the President declared the architect of his political success was leaving the administration.

Rove was choked up, voice wavering. After six and a half of some of the most turbulent years in US history, Rove was joining a long list of senior Bush administration players calling it a day.

With just 16 months left in the Bush presidency and an agenda hamstrung by Democrats who control Congress, even a political genius such as Rove has played his cards. The impression left is the sun setting on the Bush administration.

"I'm grateful to have been a witness to history," Rove said, voice shaking. "It has been the joy and the honour of a lifetime."

Rove, whose intellect means he is rarely on the back foot and is usually cutting down critics with rapier wit, was for once struggling for words.............
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22246491-28737,00.h tml

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandson of Nazi Resigns From Serving Grandson of Nazi
http://nether-world.blogspot.com/2007/08/grandson-of-nazi-resigns-from -serving.html

So Karl Rove, the grandson of the man who helped build the Birkenau Death Camp and helped run the Nazi party, Karl Heinz Roverer, the Gauleiter of Oldenburg and Reich-Statthalter (Nazi State Party Chairman for his region), is to quit the White House after faithfully serving the grandson of the man who helped finance the Nazi Party and facilitated Hitler's rise to power. About time too, I'd say.

It might seem a bit unfair to tar Rove and Bush with the same brush as that which depicted their grandparents (they haven't managed to re-create the horrors of the Second World War on anything like the scale of the 1930s and 40s) but there are too many parallels to dismiss the issue completely; an obsession with world domination, detention camps in eastern Europe and elsewhere, torture, illegal invasions and occupations, war crimes...

If Rove was 'Bush's Brain', he's a brain the world could well do without. Not that his presence in the White House made Bush seem any less brainless. But just how gone is Karl Rove? As Agitprop points out:

The Boy King can just pick up the phone, and Karl will school him in the next episode of *.

With the Valerie Plame scandal it seemed just a matter of time before Rove departed and perhaps he jumped before he was pushed even though he seemed to have escaped further scrutiny. He can now join John Bolton, Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz on the neocon scrapheap, hopefully to be joined soon by Alberto Gonzales and eventually by Dubya himself.

Tags: Karl Rove, Sleaze, Nazis, US Politics

Posted by Davide Simonetti

Labels: Nazis, Sleaze, US Politics

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Cruise4
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now Gonzales,

Attorney General Gonzales resigns: NY Times

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070827/ts_nm/usa_gonzales_dc;_ylt=At5c7dg UKkFoVji9RqBMxCO5V8cF

Monday Aug 27, 2007

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has resigned from office, an official confirmed on Monday.

The Justice Department refused to comment on Gonzales' departure but has scheduled a press conference for 10:30 a.m. EDT.
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats from a sinking ship ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: