FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

target university students now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: target university students now Reply with quote

How about a nationwide bliz on the universities before the term ends?

If you’re interested, don’t write to the students unions or get involved with the bureaucrats. They have their own agendas. Visit your local universities and mingle with students. Find a few interested people there and give them leaflets and DVDs.

Remember, you won't contact many new people by sitting at your computer. Face to face conversations are so much more effective.

If interested in joining in this project please e-mail info@nineeleven.co.uk

Noel

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

Mike Stagman writes:

Let me be specific regarding universities.

What, realistically and in a short period of time, do we want to accomplish at a university?

Firstly, I will estimate that the average university has some 7,000 students. Therefore, in my view, we would need to find only perhaps 20 students who are interested in this issue and accept that there is something fishy here and that investigation and a wide public discussion are necessary.

Why 20? Because each of these 20 can very probably get to -- and quickly -- 5 others. That makes 100, which is enough to leaflet everyone in the school.--- Leafleting, with 2 spoken sentences. ALWAYS when leafleting in the open or at doorsteps, say a couple of key sentences.)

And these 100, plus some of those they leaflet at the university, can duplicate when on vacation and distribute in their local community. (it's a good thing to have locals communicating with locals.)

The value of a leaflet -- when skilfully done (e.g. selective information, with one or more good graphics, highlighting for example by bold red contrasting with bold black) is that writing allows for LATER REFERENCE (hence memory) and for DUPLICATION (for dissemination). (On the leaflet, we can publicise a coming DVD/discussion event.)

I would say that it might take one of our group two days perhaps, possible one, to get our 20. That's not a big investment for what may be a terrific return.

[Documented grassroots campaigning experience: When fighting to keep GM crops out of the UK, I got to one person at the University of Cardiff. He set up a stand on a Saturday giving his fellow students some of my GM info and asking them to telephone and write letters to certain Welsh Assemblymen I pinpointed.

[Many students complied, and this was a signal part of my grassroots campaign -- I was alone (these phoney environmental organisations would not help). It was necessary that the Welsh Assembly vote against placing GM Chardon LL on the UK National Seed List. Failure meant busting the country open for GM crop planting.

[We won the vote (I'm simplifying -- bringing our proposition to a vote was the key) they said nobody could win, and because of that, Wales stopped GM crops in the entire UK when England, Scotland (and N. Ireland via England) gave the go-ahead.]

I'm speaking from UK experience, not just theory and memories of Vietnam. Get to those university students !!

Mike
Belinda

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Noel, had been thinking along these lines myself - we have 2-3 weeks before they all go off on vacation.

Working on a suitable leaflet here, entitled
FAST FORWARD TO SEPTEMBER
...the 5th anniversary of the September 11 attacks on N York and the Pentagon.
Time to blow the cover on what really happened on 9/11, who were responsible and who have benefited since
Etc.

We need a 'Project Manager' to coordinate this Truth Blitzkrieg on the universities -any offers?

Plus volunteers all over the country to go to their local uni or college with leaflets & DVDs and initiate someone into starting a small group.

The groups could then be in place at the freshers fairs in September and it would take off from there

As Mike shows, it takes only 1 person to start a conflagration!!

Any offers for Project Manager? Volunteers?

PM me or Noel in the first instance

Belinda
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent positive constructive campaign idea thread to build on here.

The Cumbria 911 group did a three week campaign at Lancaster University last year at the end of November/beginning of December.

We did this on consecutive Thursday evenings and received a marvellous response from the majority of the students. We distributed and posted 911 leaflets and dvds and engaged in intellectual conversation with liquid refreshment!

We visited the 7 bars on the campus after 9pm when they were full and this generated lively debate. On one of the evenings we went into the huge campus library and placed the leaflets/posters/deception dollars/£20 notes on the desks, in the books on the shelves, in the toilets.

We touched base with the campus Uni TV/radio station, students union and the Uni societies and left contact details and the dvds with the objective of doing a showing of Loose Change either in the main hall, the campus cinema, or on the big screen TVs in the Uni bars. Sadly we did not achieve our objective as no contact/invitation/opportunity to do this was provided!

My idea/suggestion would be to set up a professional 911 roadshow British University tour showing Loose change 2 with David & Annie making the presentation supported by the truth group nearest that Uni.

If a tour date schedule is set up local 911 truth groups could then spend 2/3 weeks prior to the date promoting the event at the Uni.

This would further polarise our movement as well recruit more 911 activists and increase awareness that the official version of 911 is a travesty of the truth.

What do you reckon comrades?

Happy 911 truth creating

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikey wrote:
An excellent positive constructive campaign idea thread to build on here.

My idea/suggestion would be to set up a professional 911 roadshow British University tour showing Loose change 2 with David & Annie making the presentation supported by the truth group nearest that Uni.

If a tour date schedule is set up local 911 truth groups could then spend 2/3 weeks prior to the date promoting the event at the Uni.

This would further polarise our movement as well recruit more 911 activists and increase awareness that the official version of 911 is a travesty of the truth.

What do you reckon comrades?

Happy 911 truth creating

I'm afraid we may be too near the end of term to get such meetings organised, but I do think that activities similar to what the Cumbria group did at Lancaster Uni would lay the basis for follow up activity in the autumn.

I also think we should discuss activities to give the Cumbria group a boost, but I reckon that should be done by e-mail.

Noel
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrecting an old thread here but for what its worth I will be doing my best to organise starting a 911 society and film nights at Manchester University from next term. I made a fair bit of progress face to face and almost got a CH4 documentary filmmaker as a potentially interested contact but I have not heard back anything promising. Something to chase up further soon. I did get some of the student union guys aswell but they are still a little reluctant to fully take the plunge and yes they have their own campaigns and agendas. I tried to use existing film nights, like The Corporation and others but the runners were not biting, so this term Ill start my own screenings instead. Things like Everybodys Gotta Learn and 911 Revisited. Im going to mass flyer and poster and already distribute discs regularly. People find it fascinating face to face but I rarely hear back, infact I think when people check it out and realise its likely not BS from a guy in the pub, it hits hard and they struggle to handle it and so block it out, you can see the defence mechanism behind wild eyes sometimes.

I'll let you know how it goes. Students do pass this about well though, I know some films got copied and shared alot, it caused quite alot of debate in some dorms.

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading University has its own on-campus cinema. I may contact them and see what they say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: