FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holocaust survivors' children file suit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Holocaust survivors' children file suit Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070716/ap_on_re_eu/israel_holocaust_s_chi ldren

When does this end?? What about the survivors of the Blitz and their children? The Russians who starved in besieged cities?
These "children" must be in their fifties now - what took so long?

Quote:
By ARTHUR MAX, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jul 16, 1:10 PM ET

JERUSALEM - A group representing thousands of children of Holocaust survivors filed a class-action lawsuit against the German government Monday, demanding that Germany pay for their psychiatric care.

The Israelis, calling themselves second-generation Holocaust survivors, say the scars of the Nazi genocide on their parents have crossed generations. Many still live with an irrational fear of starvation and incapacitating bouts of depression, the lawsuit claims.

The lawsuit marks "the very first time that the German government will be asked to take responsibility and to care for those of the second generation in Israel and indeed, worldwide," attorney Gideon Fisher said before filing the suit at the Tel Aviv District Court.

In Berlin, the German Foreign Ministry declined comment, but the country was likely to see the suit as a window for an indefinite number of future claims.

The suit seeks to set up a German-financed fund to pay for biweekly therapy sessions for 15,000 to 20,000 people, or about $10 million annually for three years.

"If they will not do it voluntarily, and unfortunately they have not done it so far, then I really hope the president of the court here in Tel Aviv would make them take responsibility," said Fisher, a child of Auschwitz survivors who founded the Fisher Fund, the nonprofit group behind the lawsuit.

Baruch Mazor, the fund's director, said 4 to 5 percent of the 400,000 children of survivors in Israel require treatment. Since many cannot hold steady jobs, they cannot pay for their own treatment, and aid from the Israeli government and health insurance have been inadequate, he said.

About 4,000 people have joined the suit, he said.

"The only thing we are asking for is some kind of financial help in order to give them psychiatric treatment. There will be no money passed from hand to hand," Mazor said Monday.

It was unclear what standing the Israeli court would have in a damages case against a foreign country.

Mazor said the Tel Aviv suit was a first step aimed at winning recognition that Germany bears responsibility for the suffering of survivors' children. The plaintiffs will then try to negotiate a settlement, or will take their case to a German or an international court, he said.

Since the 1950s, Germany has paid more than $60 billion in reparations to concentration camp survivors, families of the some of the 6 million Jewish victims, and to the state of Israel. Much of that money went to the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany, a New York-based organization that negotiates with Germany and distributes the payments.

Mazor said money handled by the Claims Conference is earmarked for survivors, and their children did not want to detract from those funds.

The suit says the second generation grew up "in the shadow of depression, grief and guilt of their parents, which created a powerful inclination among the children for pain and suffering."

Children had a "twisted relationship with their parents" that impeded their development and led to severe psychological problems, the suit claims.

One 58-year-old woman told her story to Israel Radio Sunday, saying she inherited the fear of starvation experienced by her parents in Auschwitz, where inmates prized any crust of bread they could obtain.

"If you come to my house and open the freezer, loaves of bread fall on you, without any proportion to what I really need," the woman said.

She declined to disclose her name, but Mazor said she spoke for thousands.

She said she felt as if she had no childhood, and jumped directly into adolescence. The feeling conveyed by her father was: "I went through hell, and what you are going through is nothing," she said.

Others of the second generation say they cannot ride buses because it reminds them of the transports their parents took to the concentration camps, or they fear dogs because they were used by the Nazis to control crowds.

Mazor said the Fisher Fund held lengthy negotiations with the German Embassy over the compensation claims, but the talks were cut off by the Germans.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The human perspective of justice is really quite bizarre, the things that have to happen before we can create different pictures in our heads.

We recently had a bunch of descendents demanding 'Bristol' apologise for the participation of the city in the slave trade. Much of the surrounding sprawl beng financed by the profits at the time.

I was waltzing through the centre a while ago and there was a well-dressed bunch of 'descendents' with a small banner handing out leaflets and asking 'Are you prepared to apologise for what your city did?' Well I was born in London and simply said that it was nothing to do with me or mine. The woman got really quite agitated and the older man had to calm her down.

This type of 'blame' thinking permeates everywhere, extreme thinking being associated with strong emotions. Some here have vehemently supported NPT which others simply cannot grasp the concept of.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable.

As a survivor of WW2 evacuee parents, I still have nightmares about the trauma they both incurred as a result of German air raids over London.

My Great Uncle, F J Gobell was among the 37 million casualties of the 1st World War and was killed on the 1st day of the Somme in 1916 and as such, I have been deprived of the relationships that I could have enjoyed had he survived and produced offspring.

His brother, Harry Gobell, a talented tennis player, lost an arm at Millancourt in 1918, thus depriving us of a British Wimbledon champion. I still cannot watch tennis to this day.

My reaction as a child to was to steal the arms of my friend's action men by way of psychological compensation for my great uncle's suffering. This made me very unpopular with the children in my neighbourhood which led me to horribly murder most of them before they told their parents.

As a result of my great uncle's trench experiences, I have inherited an aversion to dying in mud.

This has led me to abandon various careers, including grave digging and landscaping, which I feel sure could have led to me being a happy millionaire.

Prior to evacuation, as young children in East London my father and uncles, by virtue of the family name, endured the taunts and trauma of being associated with the infamous Dr Goebbels which so severely affected their personalities that none of them became millionaires. This has caused untold suffering in my family.

As a junior schoolboy, I had Mr & Mrs Reubens complain to the school about me being in the same class as their son. No grounds other than my family name, which they found offensive. Again I was punished by proxy for German war crimes.

Notwithstanding, the French origin of the family name, it's possible Ashkenazi root, the horrors of the Somme, the German Luftwaffe that so scared my parents and then destroyed Uncle Fred's service records, I have survived, but, crucially, need more money !

During WW2 my parents lived off scraps due to rationing. As a result my mother overstocked on "just in case" food supplies. This led to obesity among her children and associated health problems. I have serious psychological issues about eating just one biscuit, yet, cannot abide Garibaldis, even travelling to Sardinia once, at my own expense, in an effort to confront my fears.

My neighbour is a an ageing Latvian who was captured by the Russians in WW2 and forced to fight for them. He was then captured by the Germans and forced to fight for them. Eventually interred in Belgium by the allies he was brought to Britain at the war's end and again interred in a camp in the leafy dreamscape of Much Hadam. He is so utterly miserable about his experiences that he has remained bitter and angry to this day. His attitude upsets the entire neighbourhood and gives me nightmares as I am forced to recall the horrors of the war everytime I say good morning Eddy.

As a result of this family trauma and Imperial German induced poverty, I was predisposed to become a conspiracy theorist, forced to survive in the dark truthless fringes of society, when I feel sure I too could otherwise have been a millionaire and led a happy, carefree life, counting my money.

It has become clear to me over the years that everything that I have been forced to endure has been somebody else's fault.

From, inherited war psychosis, The Osmonds and dried fruit biscuits, I trace the causes back to Imperial Germany.

Perhaps I should sue someone for this ?

Long Tooth
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackcat,

ignore it, its another blatant holocaust promotional tactic, respond to it with any critique and you are smeared as an anti semite by the pro semites.

After wiping Palastine off the map, land grabbing etc etc etc, will the israelies be compensating the palastinians for the holocaust the israelis are/have/continuing to do to them? no Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes , i thought not.
gruts
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Holocaust survivors' children file suit Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070716/ap_on_re_eu/israel_holocaust_s_chi ldren

When does this end?? What about the survivors of the Blitz and their children? The Russians who starved in besieged cities?
These "children" must be in their fifties now - what took so long?

I totally agree and really find this sort of thing offensive.

My mother's family was from eastern Poland and following the Nazi and Soviet invasions in 1939, they were all deported to the gulag for the heinous crime of being Polish and living in an area that Stalin decided should be ethnically cleansed of its Polish population. Most of them were worked/starved to death.

Tens of millions of non-Jews suffered unspeakable traumas during WW2 - but some victims always seem to be more equal than others. Rolling Eyes
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why the holocaust industry has been exaggerated totataly out of proportion to reality. And this will go on, you see those New York solicitors have won massive billion dollar payouts for several different reasons already and the game is to find new twists and variations on a theme.

The problem is with this never ending extortion is that the average German taxpayer is obviously quite angry. And unfortunately every time these lawyers invent a new class action suit it inevitable leads to a backlash against some unfortunate orthodox jew who has nothing to do with these lawsuits. It has even been found that none of this money even goes to survivors or their families - it ends up filling the solicitors boots.

The only solution to this avalanch of litigation is to challange the rhetoric behind it. Or to invite other victims to come forward and lay similar claims, such as the Roma, the Poles,

Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most other victims wouldn't be interested in doing this kind of thing - and if they did, the same kind of double standards would apply.

at the recent EU summit, when the Polish PM responded to the proposed new voting rules (which are based on the population size of each member country), by pointing out how much bigger the Polish population would be now if millions of Polish citizens hadn't been killed by the Germans in WW2, his comments caused an outcry.

He was widely criticised for living in the past and vilified for "dredging up" Poland's horrific WW2 ordeal for political gain.

So why is it acceptable for Jews to keep reminding us over and over again about jewish suffering during WW2, but not acceptable for others?

Like I said - some victims seem to be more equal than others.
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The following post has status hidden:
A FACTUAL APPRAISAL OF THE "HOLOCAUST" BY THE RED CROSS.

http://thunderbay.indymedia.org/news/2005/01/18220

Many reader's comments follow this post.

such as

Quote:
The HolyCo$t fable has a few math problems:

1948 (till 1990) Version of the fable:

Total number of Jews supposedly killed by the Nazis = 6,000,000

Total number supposedly killed at Auschwitz = 4,000,000
Number of Jews supposedly killed at Auschwitz = 3,500,000
Number of Jews supposedly killed outside of Auschwitz = 6,000,000 - 3,500,000 = 2,500,000

1990 (till present) Version of the fable:

Total number of Jews supposedly killed by the Nazis = 6,000,000

Total number supposedly killed at Auschwitz = 1,500,000
Number of Jews supposedly killed at Auschwitz = 1,000,000
Number of Jews supposedly killed outside of Auschwitz = 6,000,000 - 1,000,000 = 5,000,000

The problem is damn clear:

From 1948, till 1990, Jews claimed that 2,500,000 were killed outside of Auschwitz.
Since 1990, Jews have claimed that 5,000,000 were killed outside of Auschwitz.

A keeper (you might want to save it in case it gets memory-holed)

Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Rodin - did you actually read that other thread or what?
The person who wrote the post you quoted clearly has a very poor grasp of the 'official history' they apparently disbelieve. Challenging historical consensus is one thing, failing to make the effort to learn what that history acually is before challenging it is quite another.
1948-1990 indeed. My 1961 edition of the destruction of the european jews quite blatantly does not use the 4 million at Auschwitz figure.

I think I missed this thread the first time round. That court case is pathetic and is, IMO, cynically or self-indulgently pissing on the graves of victims If you really are suffering in that fashion, you need therapeutic intervention, not some pay cheque for some vague 'psychiatric treatment'. The sort of issue covered would be more appropriate for CBT anyway. It is also essentially holding the children of Nazis accountable for their parents. Holding folk accountable for the actions of their father may work for the Klingons, but it has no place in the real world.

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogsmilk wrote:
My 1961 edition of the destruction of the european jews quite blatantly does not use the 4 million at Auschwitz figure.

Why did it take until 1990 for this plaque to be altered from 4m to 1.5m then?

http://vho.org/tr/2003/4/Mattogno387-392.html

I have literature and web downloads with mountains of evidence and analysis that 911 was an inside job. Some were saying this from Sept 11 2001. The accepted MSM story is still 19 Arab Hijackers. Maybe in 30 years this, too, will be revised...

conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Countries to this day devasted by German imperialism have not been compensated.

The Holocaust industry serves one and only one purpose. To prop up the Zionist statelet.

Every time there is a cash crisis due to Israels incessant and permanent wars, a new tax is devised. The say its to do with the Holocaust but it has as much relation as I have with being an astronaut. I may believe I am capable of being one, I may believe I am one, but I have nothing to do with space travel, much like compensation for the Holocaust has nothing to do with victims of German fascism.
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodin -

Van Pelt reckons Bonn's postwar refusal to recognise Poland's annexation of former German territories made the whole thing a political issue with the 4 million claim being a mater of policy, though I don't know anything about that. For years, it was difficult for researchers to get in and look at the archives. A tentative figure of 2.5 million was suggested by many, but was far from seen as certain.
At any rate:

Quote:
The advent of solidarity and the election of the Pole Karol Wojtyla as Pope John Paul II (1978) changed the intellectual climate in Poland. While the government was still committed to the official figure of 4 million victims, Dr Piper of the Auschwitz museum, who had been banned until then from researching the issue, began to focus his attention on the question of how many people had died in the camp. A catalyst for his research were new figures produced in France by George Wellers, who had come to the conclusion that 1,613, 455 persons had been deported to Auschwitz (of whom 1, 433, 405 were Jews) and that 1, 471, 595 of them had died (of whom 1, 352, 980 were Jews).

- the case for Auschwitz, p.109
And the ball starts rolling from there (there's pages of discussion of figures and how they're compiled from there, and all the ins and outs of these discussion). Basically, the 4 million, based on a flawed methodology, got totally undermined. Exactly who decided to specifically change the monument and exactly when I can't be bothered to look further - I don't think Van Pelt says and I'm not sure who does - mainly because it's not really of interest. I assume there was a dull meeting considering the budget, the timescale, the contractor, the design and exactly what figure would keep most historians happy.
But, as I said, even in '61 Hilberg was putting the entire Jewish deal toll from all camps at 3 million (appendix III, p.767) (with deaths from other causes, einsatzgruppen etc, bringing it to 5.1 million overall).

The monument was just a monument. Assuming you have an insight into 'official history' from looking at that is like thinking reading the little plaques at Warwick castle tells you all about what medieval historians think. What? Do you think historians were going "Ah! now I know 4 million died at Auschwitz - I read it on their monument - oh - hang on - nonsense - official history has changed" - give me a break.
The big claim about the 4 million tries to paint a big of some big meeting with Jews and their politician and historian lackeys all sitting round a big table saying "W-we gotta do something! Ernst Zundel, Willis Carto - they're on to us. Hey! let's - hear me out - let's lower the Auschwitz death toll - surely that'll get them off our backs!!"
And then the big official death toll went down but nobody knocked this off their 6 million tally.

There never was and likely never will be any cast iron 'official figures'. In the same way the figure of 2 million gets said a lot in relation to Cambodia but the actual estimates vary enormously.

Basically, it's a total non-issue that has some weird tendency to go round and round the internet. Like many non-issues do.

The Holocaust is continually being revised and this will continue. And all the academics will continue to have their own ideas. And the same denier arguments - some of which date back decades - will go round and round the internet.

Trying to insinuate that 'revising 911' is somehow inextricably linked to revising a totally different event is a logical fallacy and you know it.

The future is alien territory. For all those 'revising 911', they can't all be right and there is no guarantee the future 'truth' will be your 'truth'.
For all we know, in 30 years time there'll be statues to Fred in every city ('he who saw through it all'), his birthday as a bank holiday, the octopus a sacred animal and mothers will tell their children to behave or John White (executed 2015 for anti-Freddite activity) will get them. How d'ya like those revisionist apples!?

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For all we know, in 30 years time there'll be statues to Fred in every city ('he who saw through it all'), his birthday as a bank holiday, the octopus a sacred animal and mothers will tell their children to behave or John White (executed 2015 for anti-Freddite activity) will get them. How d'ya like those revisionist apples!?

Not a lot

Besides which, you forgot to mention how my martydom will launch a true spiritual revolution through the example I set, resisting the NPT mind control despite every effort to break me. Freddite cultists try to supress the truth, but nonetheless they are powerless to prevent the spread of the message that one man resisted, that one man could not be broken, until, in true "V" like fashion, a true age of freedom is born with the real mass awakening of humanity, their rallying cry against the false claims and promises of the Freddite tyranny being, of course, "ITS A FAKE!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: