FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My own Summary of 9/11
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antony
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: My own Summary of 9/11 Reply with quote

Good day all.

I've recently had a short discussion with one of the members from this board and unfortunately did not really get anywhere.

So I've decided to ask for more peer reviews of my conclusions here http://the911faq.awardspace.com/twintowers.html

I know it's not exactly well made for a web site, but I just made it clear so people could read it and follow up the references. I first posted it last summer and have had some (mostly positive) emails sent to me about it.

I started "investigating" 9/11 in about 2005, and originally thought it was very suspicious and that the government could have been responsible. However, as I did my own calculations and analysis of the videos I found that things aren't as straight forward as most would have you believe. I found that there probably was some resistance to the collapse and that it wasn't completely freefall. The energy I discovered that had been lost to the surroundings was massive, and I propose could easily explain why there was so much dust/debris being ejected.

I didn't go into error bars too much for my calculations but I think they're correct to +-15%.

Also does it matter who I am or what my motive is? I just seek the truth and hope that you find my ideas interesting.

I think 9/11 could have been funded by the CIA ($100,000 went from ISI to the lead hijacker) and that some of the Bush administration and the upper echelons of the CIA had no intention of stopping 9/11. My reasoning for this is their PNAC document,Cheney's refusal to launch F-16s to intercept Flight 77, Bush's lack of action (sitting in a classroom), and many other smaller coincidences. WTC 7's collapse is suspicious, but that might be something not directly related to 9/11 (insurance fraud, destruction of information etc).

I'll try to answer any questions people have. If you think some piece of evidence is false, then please say and I will correct the site.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi antony, thanks for shareing your information, i just want to mention the things you seemed to miss(unless you did mention them but i missed them on your site).

the first one is the flashes which are seen in video footage, as well as witnessed by some witnesses, which is a part of the event and need to be addressed if your trying to explain what happened to the towers etc.

take notice of the black building next to the wtc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y_85EiSeXg

flashes on one wtc tower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtpWu-XZ7kM

some mention of the flashes by eyewitness testimony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ4dVo5QgYg

i could give more examples but im only pointing out the flashes being visible and witnesses by firefighters etc.

now regardless of why these flashes occure it is a point that is used to prove CD by people who firmly believe it, therefore should at least be a talking point in your information.

the other thing is calculating how much energy would be required to throw out steel beams and make them stick into the sides of buildings.

other than those i think you have mentioned everything else seen or reported at the wtc's, but if your trying to explain what happened or give information as to what happened then im afraid you need to include the two points i made for it to be a complete picture of what occured.

now i aint saying what they both are or why they both occured althought i have questioned others myself about it, only that they are not included or explained or even mentioned even though they were a part of the overall event and what leads some to think something more sinister occured.
Antony
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.

In response to the flashes you mentioned, there is a limited amount of information posted of videos and screenshots shown in the "Squibs & Flashes" section. There are also references to witnesses who saw them in the "Eyewitnesses" section.

You have a good point about the energy to throw out steel beams, but I think that is a complicated problem to properly analyse. For example, the beams trajectory is made up of three components (sideways, depthways and vertical), with the vertical being mostly due to gravity. The horizontal (sideways,depthways) is due to whatever force came from the buildings semi chaotic internal structure during collapse. I think though that there is plenty of energy available for pushing out steel and concrete many hundreds of feet away from the towers. What would be interesting is if core columns were ejected far out as that would require significantly more energy than an exterior wall column. Although from the calculations I did, massive amounts of energy were lost to deformation of the structure, sound, and heat.

To properly answer your question about the energy to eject the mass would require me to either make large generalisations and approximations to the structure, OR, to use a very complicated model on a "super computer". This is similar in scope to problems such as liquid/gas flows. So if I do the former I would just be criticised and ignored for being making too many asumptions and the latter is just impossible Sad
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are quite a lot of examples of flashes, i only linked a few so you knew what i was refering to, there is certainly more evidence of flashes on video than molten metal, yet molten metal gets a mention.

all i was doing with both points was pointing out they were not even mentioned, like they never exsisted or something.

if somebody explains what happened to the towers but leaves out or does not account for all the evidence, then there are still doubts over the conclusions which were reached by omitting information rather than accounting for it or at least mentioning it if the answers are unknown so the information is all together for others to draw their own conclusions.

its the reason NIST and the commisson report failed, neither explained the whole event and information was omitted out of the commission report.

none of it matters anyway, people are more bothered about the X factor etc, i sometimes wish i'd never got the internet so i could live in everything is fine land to, rather than being concerned there is more to it than we are told, but never getting the answers that address all the evidence fairly and without lieing or omitting certain aspects of the events.

its just the way it is i suppose, good luck with your research.
Antony
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see. Sorry Marky, I understand what you meant now.

Well I gotta agree with you. The flashes are a key part of any demolition, and for quite a large number of officials (firefighters, support crew etc) to see them is quite strange if explosives were not detonated.

There could be some other reason for the flashes related to how the building was constructed (perhaps a surge in the electrical system?), but I don't see what could cause it to look like the flashes from a demolition.

Anyway that's my personal opinion and nothing more. You're also right about people just wanting to watch the X-Factor. I've tried explaining this to my relatives and why the whole story is full of errors and inconsistencies. They aren't really interested though. I'm guessing because there's nothing anyone can do about any of the facts.
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, so these are new super high tech explosives that go off after the building has already collapsed. In midair.

Great theory Marky.

"could it be that ww2 and the extermination of jewish people was planned as a way of creating a race of people who it would be difficult to blame for anything, a cover race for the illuminati?" - a quote NOT from the 'controversial theories' section.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
I see, so these are new super high tech explosives that go off after the building has already collapsed. In midair.

Great theory Marky.

so you did see them then, it ain't like i was imaging them.

your right pepik some are seen after the building had collapsed, i guess that rules out the windows and steel explaination then.
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well okay, here's a bash at a few of your points...

Quote:
There was evidence of molten steel found

I don't think that's the case. There are quotes suggesting that molten metal found on the scene might have been steel - none were tested to my knowledge.

Quote:
However, both NIST and FEMA say that the collapses were free fall after collapse initiation (after the first floor collapsed).

Evidence? If this is the case then it would be easy to dispute this, as pictures taken during the collapse clearly show debris falling ahead of the collapses.

Quote:
2 large scale war games involving the USAF and NORAD[19] were in motion on 9/11. This led to confusion over "phantom" and hijacked aircraft.

The reference you supply refers to a NORAD exercise, being undertaken in response to Soviet plane movements. Not a wargame.

Quote:
FEMA detected molten steel in the analysis of a sample taken from the wreckage of one of the towers[12] and also WTC 7.

I checked the reference you gave, and it is about the evidence of a eutectic reaction found on the steel. To be honest I'm not qualified to comment on that, but I think it's a bit misleading to announce this as molten steel, which indicates a very different kind of evidence.

Quote:
Which aircraft (707 or 767) delivers the most damage?

This section tries to establish that a 707 and a 767 would have similar capabilities for causing damage to the buildings, but as you admit later Leslie Robertson's quotes totally reject this, saying both that the faster speeds and the jet fuel were not considered in the original design. The reference you provide has (rather basic) diagrams and an explanation of why the 767s that hit on 9/11 far exceeded the capabilities of the original design. I presume you read that and disregarded it?

Quote:
Chief Oreo Palmer was on the 78th floor...

His observation that there were limited fires on the 78th floor is totally consistent with both NIST and FEMA - I have never understood why this evidence is consistently used by conspiracy theorists.
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_V wrote:

Quote:
FEMA detected molten steel in the analysis of a sample taken from the wreckage of one of the towers[12] and also WTC 7.

I checked the reference you gave, and it is about the evidence of a eutectic reaction found on the steel. To be honest I'm not qualified to comment on that, but I think it's a bit misleading to announce this as molten steel, which indicates a very different kind of evidence.

Quote:
The Journal of Minerals, Metals and Materials Society reports the examination of a beam from the remains of WTC Building 7 - which collapsed late in the afternoon of 9/11 - had revealed “unexpected erosion” of the steel.

The article states: “The formation of the eutectic mixture of iron oxide and iron sulfide lowers the temperature at which liquid can form in this steel. This strongly suggests that the temperatures in this region of the steel beam approached around 1,000°C, forming the eutectic liquid by a process similar to making a ‘blacksmith’s weld’ in a hand forge.”

The New York Times will call this “perhaps the deepest mystery uncovered in the investigation.”

FEMA had knowledge of this sulfidation and suggested that further investigation be carried out.

NIST refused.

Antony
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK some good points. But try and remember that I was just putting forward the evidence so people can make their own conclusions also.

1. There's clearly photographs of what appears to be molten steel being pulled out of the ground. You can even see some small amounts of molten steel on a column that was broken in one particular photo. Fires also burned for a long time after the collapse. This is mentioned in the NIST report from what I remember (the fires, not necessarily the molten steel). And yes I count some photos as evidence...

2.A NORAD exercise chasing phantom jets is my interpretation of a war game. Perhaps it isn't, but then what IS a war game? Sounds exactly like one to me.

3. FEMA state that this reaction implies a temperature of over 1000 C. Again I don't recall the details well, but eutectic I think means bonded with at a molecular level. For this to happen the steel must have been liquid. Even FEMA were puzzled by this and NIST didn't explain it.

4. Yep this is what I found.

5. Again that's true. What's important to remember is that the fires moves and so by the time the firefighters get there some of the lower floors of the impact area have burnt out (there's nothing significant left to burn). This would imply a drop in temperature, or more accurately a massive increase followed by a steady decrease in localised areas. This in itself could weaken steel more than the actual heating (has anyone checked this?)

So just to summarise. The evidence I put is mostly down to what I found, and although there may be problems with my interpretation I think mostly it allows you to decide for yourself, which is what I wanted.

You want my personal opinon? The conspiracy seems to point to a very poor building design, possible corruption by the engineers (using cheaper steel), not enough fire protection, and awful usage of those cardboard firewalls which were useless against the aircraft.

You can tell the buildings were a risky design. There's no way anyone would make a similar building with tiny windows now (and therefore the structure being supported largely by the walls). To me it looks like they were built like a stack of cards, and any serious fire on that scale would have caused the same effect (note that WTC1 collapsed away from the impact zone). So leslie robertson is just covering his own ass, just like countless others did on that day. They all made excuses, and I don't buy that *. Those buildings should not have collapsed, they should never have been hit int he first place, and cheney needs putting in jail for not scrambling an F-16 when he could. Those people that died in the Pentagon , could have been saved if he had followed protocol.

Yes it annoys me that so many people died, and no-one did anything wrong at all according to the politics of the day...
Antony
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh 1 more thing.

I'm not out to prove anything. I just wanted to find out as much as I could and have it peer reviewed. I appreciate all your comments greatly.

Obviously, I was trying to balance the conspiracy vs official theory, which is not easy. It's hard to be impartial. Conspiracy theorists think my site is too "official theory" and skeptics think my site is too "Conspiracy Theory".

So in the end, everyone seems to hate it! Rolling Eyes
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antony wrote:

1. There's clearly photographs of what appears to be molten steel being pulled out of the ground. You can even see some small amounts of molten steel on a column that was broken in one particular photo. Fires also burned for a long time after the collapse. This is mentioned in the NIST report from what I remember (the fires, not necessarily the molten steel). And yes I count some photos as evidence...

How was molten steel pulled out of the ground?

The picture on your site looks like a bright light with reflections at the site. The infamous picture of the cut steel could either be molten steel from some sort of cutter charge or the result of the clean-up operation. As I say, there is no conclusive evidence of molten steel - I would argue there's nothing convincing on that topic at all. Unfortunately it's an issue that is never likely to be resolved - to believe there was actual molten steel at ground zero is a leap of faith.

Quote:

2.A NORAD exercise chasing phantom jets is my interpretation of a war game. Perhaps it isn't, but then what IS a war game? Sounds exactly like one to me.

Well they say it's part exercise, part simulation, and was done in response to Soviet air force movements.

The general point I would make on these wargames and exercises is that what needs to be proved is that these were UNUSUAL at the time, rather than the routine workings of those organisations. Without this evidence the issue is irrelevant.

Quote:

3. FEMA state that this reaction implies a temperature of over 1000 C. Again I don't recall the details well, but eutectic I think means bonded with at a molecular level. For this to happen the steel must have been liquid. Even FEMA were puzzled by this and NIST didn't explain it.

I just think it's worth pointing out that these were reactions that occured on the surface of one steel beam - it didn't turn to liquid then re-form, it happened on the surface. To describe it as 'molten steel' is misleading - why mislead your readers?

Quote:

But surely your point that the kinetic energy created by a 707 and a 767 could be largely the same is (a) contradicted by the diagrams in the Stevenson article and (b) is largely irrelevant as Stevenson claims that the design catered for a 707 moving at slower speeds and didn't take the fuel into account.

Quote:

5. Again that's true. What's important to remember is that the fires moves and so by the time the firefighters get there some of the lower floors of the impact area have burnt out (there's nothing significant left to burn). This would imply a drop in temperature, or more accurately a massive increase followed by a steady decrease in localised areas. This in itself could weaken steel more than the actual heating (has anyone checked this?)

Fair comment, though I don't think the 78th floor was actually ever engulfed by fire. Why include his quotes in your article, as we both agree that the material is largely irrelevant?

Quote:

So just to summarise. The evidence I put is mostly down to what I found, and although there may be problems with my interpretation I think mostly it allows you to decide for yourself, which is what I wanted.

Personally I think you give the conspiracy theories too much credibility in your piece. For example, identifying the smaller blasts on the towers as 'squibs' - just to do so is to admit that you think it is a demolition. Also the list of very spurious 'coincidences' you list at the end of the article, very few of which I believe are remotely true, let alone relevant.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(norad<i thnk) had been simulating this scenerio 2 years prior to 9/11 and leading up to 9/11.

the excerises simulating russian jets or air movement was either just a part of many simulations running at the same time or seperate to the simulations running that invisaged a hijacked plane flying into the wtc's and pentagon.

i apologize for the link with alex jones in it, but if you think hes a conspiracy theorists and his information is bollo** then forward it to 5.00mins into the video for the CNN news report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Efes-rNnI

why do these type of attacks have drills simulating the exact same scenerio? and what are the chances ie 1/100? or more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jInH6VS13YY

then you have the project for a new american century(PNAC).

again sorry about the so called conspiracy theorists in this video, just forward it to 1 min 52 seconds for a news report confirming it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3JmXQ-z8S4

(in the first clip with alex jones he gives information about drills running on that morning of 9/11, listed to his information(don't believe him), check his reports and sources before coming to a conclusion)etc.

i aint finding anything i can quickly link from youtube proving information on drills on the morning of 9/11 via media critics consider "offical", and don't have time to go hunting for things, anyhow its best if you do your own researching, ive provided information of drills and tried my best to link to clips with what most consider trustworthy news within the information.

its a waste of time linking to people or evidence shown by those who critics consider conspiracy theorists, unless it has actual mainstream media reports confirming certain information, therefore i have ignored a lot of things and a lot of information which i could of linked but know people will not check out but rather live in denial.

if anyone else has information on drills simulating the exact same scenerio on the morning of 9/11 that is reported by mainstream news or respected high ranking officals who had first hand experiance on the day etc please link it.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How was molten steel pulled out of the ground?

The picture on your site looks like a bright light with reflections at the site. The infamous picture of the cut steel could either be molten steel from some sort of cutter charge or the result of the clean-up operation. As I say, there is no conclusive evidence of molten steel - I would argue there's nothing convincing on that topic at all. Unfortunately it's an issue that is never likely to be resolved - to believe there was actual molten steel at ground zero is a leap of faith".

yes it must be a leap of faith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5F5PttzJY

now i was not there, was you? because that fireman was.
now who i am i going to believe more? a guy who just says it was'nt there and that it is a leap of faith or a fireman who describes what he saw with his own eyes whilst working there?

who would be the more credible witness?

now even if he was mistaken and it was'nt actually steel, there was certainly something extremly hot and molten going by his description of what he saw and tempretures many workers and firemen reported.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDcfSt2Ot9E
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
now who i am i going to believe more? a guy who just says it was'nt there and that it is a leap of faith or a fireman who describes what he saw with his own eyes whilst working there?

now even if he was mistaken and it was'nt actually steel, there was certainly something extremly hot and molten going by his description of what he saw and tempretures many workers and firemen reported.

That clip has been doing the rounds for years now. Nobody to my knowledge has ever asked the fireman to confirm that what he saw was steel, or whether it was tested that it was steel. Or whether or not the fireman felt he could tell the difference between molten steel and any other molten metal.

I don't dispute that it was hot, that underground fires raged, and that there were reports of pockets of molten material. What we don't have is (a) confirmation that molten metal was steel or (b) any plausible theory that would connect the molten metal to demolition or (c) any evidence of demolition materials on the site.
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:
(norad<i thnk) had been simulating this scenerio 2 years prior to 9/11 and leading up to 9/11.

the excerises simulating russian jets or air movement was either just a part of many simulations running at the same time or seperate to the simulations running that invisaged a hijacked plane flying into the wtc's and pentagon.

if anyone else has information on drills simulating the exact same scenerio on the morning of 9/11 that is reported by mainstream news or respected high ranking officals who had first hand experiance on the day etc please link it.

Scanning through the youtube videos you link to, I don't see any evidence that exercises were running on the morning of Sept 11th including hijacked jets flying into WTC or the Pentagon. There IS evidence that simulations involving those things had been undertaken or considered previously. As the evidence you cite clearly states, an exercise about a jet crashing into the Pentagon had been rejected by officials 5 months before, so I would be surprised if the same scenario was being practiced on Sept 11th.

I'm no Bush fan, quite the opposite, but whether he would have first-hand knowledge of simulations previously suggested or being run by NORAD I seriously doubt. So I think it would be unfair to suggest that he is intentionally lying in the clips about the subject.

I repeat again that to suggest that the wargames or exercises being undertaken on Sept 11th were suspicious, it has to be established what a normal activity level was for the organisations involved. Was Sept 11th the only day of that year when 2 operations were being undertaken? I doubt it. Were there other wargames and exercises undertaken throughout the year - common sense would suggest so. Truthers need to do their homework on this to present a convincing 'coincidence' on this matter - I suspect that whatever day the attacks had taken place there would be other operations in progress that could be twisted to look 'suspicious'.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_V wrote:
Quote:

That clip has been doing the rounds for years now. Nobody to my knowledge has ever asked the fireman to confirm that what he saw was steel, or whether it was tested that it was steel. Or whether or not the fireman felt he could tell the difference between molten steel and any other molten metal.

I don't dispute that it was hot, that underground fires raged, and that there were reports of pockets of molten material. What we don't have is (a) confirmation that molten metal was steel or (b) any plausible theory that would connect the molten metal to demolition or (c) any evidence of demolition materials on the site.

who gives a nonsense how old a clip is or how many times its been seen, does it mean i should believe you over that fireman or other firemen? does it mean the fireman was only saying what he saw for the first year but as the clip becomes older somehow it becomes less true?

ive shown you mainstream news reports, firemen who were at the site when you was not, the reason why is because neither was i, so lets listen to those who was. and you still avoid or ignore points, i aint even using conspiracy websites material, just highlighting reports by mainstream media and people who were at ground zero, infact i try my best to only use material from news footage or mainstream reports but im a conspiracy theorists apparently for doing so. whilst you critics tell us to ignore the firemen who were there and that mainstream news reports are lies when it suits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBb00PQR1zo
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="marky 54"][quote="Alex_V"]
Quote:
now i was not there, was who gives a nonsense how old a clip is or how many times its been seen, does it mean i should believe you over that fireman or other firemen? does it mean the fireman was only saying what he saw for the first year but as the clip becomes older somehow it becomes less true?

ive shown you mainstream news reports, firemen who were at the site when you was not, the reason why is because neither was i, so lets listen to those who was. and you still avoid or ignore points, i aint even using conspiracy websites material, just highlighting reports by mainstream media and people who were at ground zero, infact i try my best to only use material from news footage or mainstream reports but im a conspiracy theorists apparently for doing so. whilst you critics tell us to ignore the firemen who were there and that mainstream news reports are lies when it suits.

I don't really see why you are getting upset about this. I'm not dismissing what was said by anyone, and neither am I asking anybody to believe me over any fireman.

What I think is a shame, is that over the many years that this bit of film has been used in conspiracy videos, that nobody to my knowledge has ever approached that fireman and asked them to clarify their point. When did they see this? Which part of ground zero - WTC 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7? How sure are they that it was steel? These seem like reasonable avenues for investigation. The only thing that truth movement has done is mine this clip from an existing documentary, and claim on the back of it that there was DEFINITELY molten steel at ground zero, which for me is a leap of faith.

I don't understand which points I am ignoring or avoiding - after all it was me who brought up the issue of molten metal in the first place.

Perhaps you could answer my points...
(1) How would molten steel be 'pulled out of the ground' as suggested by a photo on Antony's website?
(2) Was molten metal ever tested, ie proven to contain steel or iron?
(3) Was any physical evidence of demolition equipment or materials found?
(4) What demolition theory would explain molten steel at ground zero, if such were ever proven?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red hot metal being pulled out the ground, i never claimed it was molten, but i believe this is what is being refered to. scroll down a little, and yes im aware the photo above is cutting charges not molten steel.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/thermite.htm

i can find nothing conclusive enough to link regarding molten steel testing, i just get web forum talk.

also:

start here:
http://wtc7.net/articles/stevenjones_b7.html

its not hard to find out what is being said.

type in:

molten steel being pulled from wtc

9/11 molten steel/metal tests

proof of CD

evidence found for CD 9/11

none of those links are my personnal opinon so do not bash me if you disagree with them.

but when you are familuar with what is being claimed feel free to ask questions, ill do my best to answer or link anything i think might of intrest.

i will point out though that i support a new investigastion into 9/11 due to there being evidence we have not been told the truth. i am not a lawyer or investgator, but support the truth what ever that may be, due to the size of the event and how that effects the world today and also the lives lost in america and the rest of the world as a result, i feel it is important to know the truth if there is evidence that suggests we have not been told the whole truth or facts were overlooked.

evidence of something means exactly that, it dos'nt mean it is necessarily the case but an proper investigastion is need to conclude that with ALL the evidence included in the information, including witnesses.
Antony
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_V wrote:
Antony wrote:

How was molten steel pulled out of the ground?

The picture on your site looks like a bright light with reflections at the site. The infamous picture of the cut steel could either be molten steel from some sort of cutter charge or the result of the clean-up operation. As I say, there is no conclusive evidence of molten steel - I would argue there's nothing convincing on that topic at all. Unfortunately it's an issue that is never likely to be resolved - to believe there was actual molten steel at ground zero is a leap of faith.

OK a photograph isn't hard evidence that it is steel, but it's looks like molten metal. Even NIST answer this in their FAQ (you have read it I hope!) and says that they beleive the falling material I mentioned to be liquid aluminium mixed in with impurities. There's plenty of reports and photos of what appears to be molten metal at ground zero. This is not conclusive, but it needs to be mentioned as it is still evidence of something that could be molten steel.

Alex_V wrote:

Quote:

Well they say it's part exercise, part simulation, and was done in response to Soviet air force movements.

The general point I would make on these wargames and exercises is that what needs to be proved is that these were UNUSUAL at the time, rather than the routine workings of those organisations. Without this evidence the issue is irrelevant.

Personally I think that this needs mentioning even if there's no evidence that they were done to coincide with 9/11. You have to start an investigation somewhere, and this would be a good place.

Alex_V wrote:

Quote:

I just think it's worth pointing out that these were reactions that occured on the surface of one steel beam - it didn't turn to liquid then re-form, it happened on the surface. To describe it as 'molten steel' is misleading - why mislead your readers?

I wrote this in the web site: "FEMA detected molten steel in the analysis of a sample taken from the wreckage of one of the towers[12] and also WTC 7. " I don't think it's misleading unless you are reading it wrong. What's interesting about this is that there was some kind of reaction occuring on the surface of the steel, which was attacking it (much like how rust works, but far faster). This reaction caused the eutectic to form. The reasoning for this is unknown and as FEMA says needs further research to determine the risk to other steel framed buildings from fire.

Alex_V wrote:

Quote:

But surely your point that the kinetic energy created by a 707 and a 767 could be largely the same is (a) contradicted by the diagrams in the Stevenson article and (b) is largely irrelevant as Stevenson claims that the design catered for a 707 moving at slower speeds and didn't take the fuel into account.

Again the web site just puts forward the evidence so that people can see it for themselves. The comparisons are put there because they feature so widely in conspiracy theories.

Alex_V wrote:

Quote:

Fair comment, though I don't think the 78th floor was actually ever engulfed by fire. Why include his quotes in your article, as we both agree that the material is largely irrelevant?

It's important I think to include everything even if it isn't largely relevant. People need to be able to put it into context themselves or else they are just "following the leader" which could be Alex Jones or GW Bush, depending on what they want to believe.

Alex_V wrote:

Quote:

Personally I think you give the conspiracy theories too much credibility in your piece. For example, identifying the smaller blasts on the towers as 'squibs' - just to do so is to admit that you think it is a demolition. Also the list of very spurious 'coincidences' you list at the end of the article, very few of which I believe are remotely true, let alone relevant.

I have to give the conspiracy theories a chance, and explain where the evidence comes from and what it means. That can then help people understand and either challenge, agree, or disagree with various events. The naming of squibs is simply for ease of writing. It's just too messy to write "Localised, high speed outgassing through low cross-sectional areas". Anyway, that's just pedantic semantics to me! And finally, the coincidences at the end are in a section called "Strange Coincidences". To me they are just coincidences, but coincidences are almost always the first port of call for Police investigating a crime. "Oh so you just happened to be in the alley holding a knife whilst someone else stabbed your wife Mr O.J. Simpson." Coincidences are used politically often and spun to be used whatever way they wish. On their own, coincidences (if true!), are still not much in the way of useful evidence. But if there are a LOT of coincidences that all point to something, then often (and with Occam's Razor in hand) the coincidences point to the truth.

Think of all the major crimes. Hard evidence is difficult to find, but coincidences can point you in the direction of finding the evidence you need.

On a similar note, Bin Laden has been hunted down and blamed for the attacks largely based on coincidences. The following is the FBI most wanted reason for being on the list:

"Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world."

Where's 9/11 on there? We only have him as a suspect. So we launched a war against Afghanistan based on suspicions which are (you guessed it!) based on coincidences.

EDIT: Just to inform you, I've updated the site section on "Molten Steel", which now reads "Molten Metal". Some molten metal looks like molten steel. However, molten steel was found by FEMA in both the twin towers and wtc7. The cause of course is unknown at this time as NIST did not pursue it further.
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIST had this to say on molten metal in their 9/11 FAQ.

Quote:
13. Why did the NIST investigation not consider reports of molten steel in the wreckage from the WTC towers?

"The condition of the steel in the wreckage of the WTC towers (i.e., whether it was in a molten state or not) was irrelevant to the investigation of the collapse since it does not provide any conclusive information on the condition of the steel when the WTC towers were standing."

Which is, of course, entirely logical. If the steel was already molten the day before, no wonder the b* fell down.
Antony
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KP50, a somewhat strange response though. They analysed many steel samples from the towers to determine how high they had been heated (non were found to have been heated to over 600 C). So why did they bother analysing the steel at all if its condition was irrelevant?

I agree though that it's not conclusive, but most pieces of evidence aren't conclusive on their own. You should investigate, not because you can prove catagorically the truth, but because the investigation will hopefully provide some direction for further investigation.

A general crime scene would be to:

1. Gather evidence
2. Determine paths for investigating further.
3. Go to 1 and repeat.

From what I've read about most major crimes they tend to bag everything that could be suspicious and then analyse it in the lab. After that they try to investigate the leads they have until they have enough to question somebody. At some point they then try to find the culprit(s) and arrest them based on the evidence gathered.

What's really weird is that NIST think that steel reaching temperatures of ~1000 C is just a "condition" of steel prior to collapse. This condition could be the actual cause of both collapses and could point to improper construction methods or materials. If this condition occured due to fire then it could be a bit like other disasters which were caused by problems with the construction. According to FEMA there was a reaction which caused the eutectic, which then attacked the steel (corroding it like rust does). With such high temperatures involved there are many possible paths for further investigation.

Thermite is just one of those. There could have been aluminium scattered within the fire protection, or from nearby sources. This combined with hot fires/sparks could potentially start a small thermite reaction if the steel was rusting to begin with.

I don't think we will ever know what the real cause of collapse for WTC 7 was. The evidence is mostly gone. NISTs investigation is based almost entirely on modelling, so any theory is as valid as any other in my mind.
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:

start here:

type in:

proof of CD

none of those links are my personnal opinon so do not bash me if you disagree with them.

but when you are familuar with what is being claimed feel free to ask questions, ill do my best to answer or link anything i think might of intrest.

i will point out though that i support a new investigastion into 9/11 due to there being evidence we have not been told the truth. i am not a lawyer or investgator, but support the truth what ever that may be, due to the size of the event and how that effects the world today and also the lives lost in america and the rest of the world as a result, i feel it is important to know the truth if there is evidence that suggests we have not been told the whole truth or facts were overlooked.

evidence of something means exactly that, it dos'nt mean it is necessarily the case but an proper investigastion is need to conclude that with ALL the evidence included in the information, including witnesses.

I'm not a fan of Steven Jones' work, though in his defence I believe he admits himself that what he puts forward is little more than a theory. I don't think he has a single piece of evidence that directly indicates thermite cutter charges, but that hasn't stopped his ideas being carried forward as the principle theories for a lot of people in the truth movement. There are a number of convincing critiques of his thermite/thermate theories, which I think bring out a number of fatal inaccuracies in his work and approach - there is little sign of him actually responding to any of these criticisms.

One of the issues with quoted evidence is the use of the word 'molten' which at times indicates a lava-like flow of liquid, and at other times just means red-hot metal, not necessarily in a liquid state. There isn't a lot of clarity to a lot of the soundbites that mention 'molten' materials at ground zero, unfortunately for us.

There's a similar uncertainty over the use of the phrase 'molten steel', which seems to have been used offhand to describe 'molten' metals that may or may not include steel, and certainly to my knowledge were never tested as such. It's inconclusive in my opinion.

In terms of a further investigation, I'm not sure what form this could take in terms of molten metal. We could ask NIST to evaluate or at least hypothesise what the molten material might have been and how it could have been produced, but most likely the answers wouldn't suit the truth movement unless such molten metal (in whatever form it existed) was only consistent with controlled demolition. But the extent to which Jones' ideas have been rejected by the established scientific community (let alone his detractors within the truth movement), and the uncertainty over whether molten steel pools ever existed certainly doesn't convince me that further official examination would reveal anything we don't know already.
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antony wrote:

OK a photograph isn't hard evidence that it is steel, but it's looks like molten metal. Even NIST answer this in their FAQ (you have read it I hope!) and says that they beleive the falling material I mentioned to be liquid aluminium mixed in with impurities. There's plenty of reports and photos of what appears to be molten metal at ground zero. This is not conclusive, but it needs to be mentioned as it is still evidence of something that could be molten steel.

We are in total agreement then, though I do think that photo of a yellow light/cutter charge on your web page is absolutely NOT molten metal. I agree that there were reports of molten metal, and it COULD have been steel just as it could have been lots of things. It doesn't add up to anything conclusive, and neither has it been proven to support any alternative theory of the events on the day.

Quote:
Personally I think that this needs mentioning even if there's no evidence that they were done to coincide with 9/11. You have to start an investigation somewhere, and this would be a good place.

Well let's be clear - there IS no evidence that the military exercises were done to coincide with 9/11. And until any turns up I consider the issue irrelevant.

Quote:
I wrote this in the web site: "FEMA detected molten steel in the analysis of a sample taken from the wreckage of one of the towers[12] and also WTC 7. " I don't think it's misleading unless you are reading it wrong. What's interesting about this is that there was some kind of reaction occuring on the surface of the steel, which was attacking it (much like how rust works, but far faster). This reaction caused the eutectic to form. The reasoning for this is unknown and as FEMA says needs further research to determine the risk to other steel framed buildings from fire.

If you repeated something similar to this on your web page it would be far less misleading in my opinion.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex_V wrote:
marky 54 wrote:

start here:

type in:

proof of CD

I'm not a fan of Steven Jones' work, though in his defence I believe he admits himself that what he puts forward is little more than a theory. I don't think he has a single piece of evidence that directly indicates thermite cutter charges, but that hasn't stopped his ideas being carried forward as the principle theories for a lot of people in the truth movement. There are a number of convincing critiques of his thermite/thermate theories, which I think bring out a number of fatal inaccuracies in his work and approach - there is little sign of him actually responding to any of these criticisms.

One of the issues with quoted evidence is the use of the word 'molten' which at times indicates a lava-like flow of liquid, and at other times just means red-hot metal, not necessarily in a liquid state. There isn't a lot of clarity to a lot of the soundbites that mention 'molten' materials at ground zero, unfortunately for us.

There's a similar uncertainty over the use of the phrase 'molten steel', which seems to have been used offhand to describe 'molten' metals that may or may not include steel, and certainly to my knowledge were never tested as such. It's inconclusive in my opinion.

In terms of a further investigation, I'm not sure what form this could take in terms of molten metal. We could ask NIST to evaluate or at least hypothesise what the molten material might have been and how it could have been produced, but most likely the answers wouldn't suit the truth movement unless such molten metal (in whatever form it existed) was only consistent with controlled demolition. But the extent to which Jones' ideas have been rejected by the established scientific community (let alone his detractors within the truth movement), and the uncertainty over whether molten steel pools ever existed certainly doesn't convince me that further official examination would reveal anything we don't know already.

when i was refering to red hot metal i was refering to what was being pulled out of the ground by the digger, i was not refering to what was deeper down in the rubble pile which was reported or claimed to be molten.

i gave you s.jones paper as a starting point with reckomended searchers that you could of done to find the answers to your questions, i was not giving s.jones paper as overall proof, thanks for other peoples opinons about jones paper though rather than your own opinon on points in the paper.

you said eariler in the thread, "Scanning through the youtube videos you link to" then offer opinons of what others think about jones work rather than you own and use the excuse "I'm not a fan of Steven Jones' work"
as well as "That clip has been doing the rounds for years now". to me you don't seem serious about finding the answers you seek, you start of with an excuse to ignore the information and then scan over it if you even read or look at it at all, and you could'nt bring yourself to look ferther than jones work, maybe you like parrotting what your told i don't know but it certainly seems that way to me.

why don't you try and give me your opinon on this

flashes seen on the wtc as it collapsed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE5DnErhrds

flashes seen on a known CD, remember this building has been gutted before hand making flashes easier to notice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sJ1bMR6VQ

do the flashes look simular?

a CD expert using the term "pull"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qKSg-G4CE

larry silverstein using the term pull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYdAJQV100

WTC 7 collapse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWi0GhBxggk

does wtc 7 look the same as a CD?

i suppose your going to tell me they look nothing alike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAyyHQQXX_0

please do not scan these, none of them are that long in length and please give me YOUR opinon.

do you at least see why people suspect CD regardless of who is right or wrong?

THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE ARE THE REASONS WHY A NEW INVESTIGASTION IS NEEDED! IT AINT ABOUT YOU OR ME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Y6R2JLJxY
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Silverstein says the Fire Dept made the decision to "pull" WTC7. Does anyone really believe that the Fire Dept makes decisions to destroy buildings by CD, and then pretends they fell as a result of damage and fire? Is there any evidence that demolition crews use "pull" for destroy with explosives, because the film makes clear that WTC6 was literally pulled down with wire cables?

Or is this simply troofers trying to turn anything into evidence for their theories, even if it makes no sense? Evidence, not for controlled demolition, but the dishonesty of troofers?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
Larry Silverstein says the Fire Dept made the decision to "pull" WTC7. Does anyone really believe that the Fire Dept makes decisions to destroy buildings by CD, and then pretends they fell as a result of damage and fire? Is there any evidence that demolition crews use "pull" for destroy with explosives, because the film makes clear that WTC6 was literally pulled down with wire cables?

Or is this simply troofers trying to turn anything into evidence for their theories, even if it makes no sense? Evidence, not for controlled demolition, but the dishonesty of troofers?

im making referance to the term pull being a term used by CD industry, which has been denied numerous times, your correct about silversteins comments they are bizzare and why many question what he meant.

do you believe wtc 7 was pulled down using wires?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mvDcgf3x3I
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:
i gave you s.jones paper as a starting point with reckomended searchers that you could of done to find the answers to your questions, i was not giving s.jones paper as overall proof, thanks for other peoples opinons about jones paper though rather than your own opinon on points in the paper.

you said eariler in the thread, "Scanning through the youtube videos you link to" then offer opinons of what others think about jones work rather than you own and use the excuse "I'm not a fan of Steven Jones' work"
as well as "That clip has been doing the rounds for years now". to me you don't seem serious about finding the answers you seek, you start of with an excuse to ignore the information and then scan over it if you even read or look at it at all, and you could'nt bring yourself to look ferther than jones work, maybe you like parrotting what your told i don't know but it certainly seems that way to me.

I thought I made my opinion of Steven Jones' work quite clear - I think he has a theory which isn't really backed up by any evidence. So it's not really much of a theory. In my opinion.

Quote:
why don't you try and give me your opinon on this

flashes seen on the wtc as it collapsed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE5DnErhrds

flashes seen on a known CD, remember this building has been gutted before hand making flashes easier to notice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sJ1bMR6VQ

do the flashes look simular?

There are definitely flashes on the CD video, a huge number of them in contrast to the WTC clip, and flashes which flash in a definite sequence. They occur before the onset of collapse, as opposed to half way through it (at which point, I would argue, collapse was inevitable anyway). I'm also slightly concerned that the flashes on the WTC clip are on the video image, as there also seems to be a flash in mid-air between WTC1 and 2 at 31-32 seconds. I'd like to see other angles of these flashes to confirm that they actually existed - I'll have a look for other clips...

Quote:

a CD expert using the term "pull"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qKSg-G4CE

larry silverstein using the term pull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYdAJQV100

WTC 7 collapse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWi0GhBxggk

does wtc 7 look the same as a CD?

Yes it definitely does - I'm sure that nobody would disagree that it looks like a CD. That, and the lateness of NISTs report, is the reason why building 7 is the hottest topic in the truth movement of late I suppose.

The 'pull' statement does scan in a weird way I agree, but again it's a statement that can be taken in different ways. Taken on its own, surely the most likely meaning, given the official version of events, is that he was talking about the pulling of the firefighting in the building. That would certainly fit with the statements from many firemen, and goes along with the official line that building 7 was abandoned because it showed signs of possible collapse.

If it is supposed to mean that he authorised the demolition of building 7, then the statement doesn't make sense because he follows his mention of 'pull it' with '...and they made the decision to pull'. So Silverstein is in the clear anyway based on this statement, because he says it was their decision and not his - certainly the statement doesn't support in any way the insurance scam theory.

So the way it might work is if he is telling the firemen it would be smart to demolish the building, and they decide to go ahead with it. It doesn't sit particularly well with the idea of charges having been planted beforehand, because surely then the decision is not 'if' to demolish, but 'when' to demolish. It also feels weird in terms of a government conspiracy - why have the firemen or the owner of the buildings being involved in such crucial decisions?

Quote:
do you at least see why people suspect CD regardless of who is right or wrong?

THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE ARE THE REASONS WHY A NEW INVESTIGASTION IS NEEDED! IT AINT ABOUT YOU OR ME!

I applaud you for having at least a healthy approach - many in the truth movement, as you know, have a much more blinkered approach to the subject. I can certainly understand why there are conspiracy theories - after all such theories seem to exist for virtually every major event in recent history.

I'm not sure what form a new investigation could take, and what it would consider. But maybe that's a question for a different thread...
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

im making referance to the term pull being a term used by CD industry, which has been denied numerous times, your correct about silversteins comments they are bizzare and why many question what he meant.

do you believe wtc 7 was pulled down using wires?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mvDcgf3x3I

No, I do not believe WTC7 was pulled down with wires, and I do not believe that the Fire Dept is in the business of pulling down buildings, so when Silverstein talks about the loss of life already and says the Fire Dept made the decision to pull in relation to WTC7, I believe he means they made the decision to pull any firemen away from the building, and let it burn out or collapse without intervention.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you deny like popular mechanics that the term pull it is used in the CD industry?

because i have provied some information showing it is(if you looked or listened).

and wtc 7 "looks" like a CD.

so when silverstein use's the term "pull it"

is it not easy to see why people question it and wonder if it had any greater meaning and why some are convinced he meant something else?

im not going to pretend i know what he meant by it, but i am also not going to play dumb and deny i cannot see why so many think he meant something else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: