FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please respect each other on this forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubber_ritchie
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Please respect each other on this forum Reply with quote

I am a minor poster to this forum and look at it about once a week. I thank so many of you for posting such interesting and often informative articles and discussions.

Some discussions I have seen however , have turned into what I think is known as 'flaming'. I think this is usually against the rules in forums but I have seen a whole thread of it on this forum today.

Stelios and I have had discussions where we are totally disagreeing with each other but we discuss things civily and respect one anothers views. I think discussion is beneficial but such hostile argument achieves nothing but creating division and to those looking into this forum for the first time will make the movement look childish.

Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Ritchie. A great deal of infighting or at the least uncivil discussion is afoot, that is purely self destructive. Reasoned debate should be possible over any issues presented here.

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this topic got 50 views and one reply

they like the rudeness i think

they like the Stelios style

blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

festival of snickers wrote:
this topic got 50 views and one reply

That is quite normal. There are dozens of people who browse the forums without ever posting at all.
mark_e
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look but don't post to avoid getting caught up in all the bs that goes on with this forum. Such a shame that a great resource is squandered and divisions driven within the movement by certain posters.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark_e wrote:
I look but don't post to avoid getting caught up in all the bs that goes on with this forum. Such a shame that a great resource is squandered and divisions driven within the movement by certain posters.

I don't accept that stance in any shape or form.

Divisions exist based upon belief systems (i.e NPT v Non-NPT), not rudeness or sarcasm, or as termed 'lack of respect'.

Most, it not all here are adults. If an individual gets bent out of shape by mere words posted on an internet forum, then they need some form of therapy and associated medication, not shouts about being 'flamed'.

To be so powerfully influenced by general badinage to the point you are internally compromised, shows lack of self-control. To let someone you've never even met have so much say about how you feel internally!

Just accept that not every thread or response will meet your approval and either engage it head-on with an informed reply or ignore it.

No wonder the planet is in such dire straits.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be it just has to be accepted that certain issues (such NPTs, TvF, DEWs and Steven Jones' Thermate/thermite theories and discussion of claims of disinfo/who is or is not 'playing for the away team') are by their very nature contentious and controversial within the movement. Short of censoring such debate (which wouldn't be healthy) I see these squabbles as inevitable on any 9/11 public forum.

I would love to see unity and a common sense of purpose and strategy across the movement but a public forum is not the place this will be built and achieved.

I see no obvious solutions other than what has been done so far: namely creating a specific section for discussion of these contentious issues. I suggest that if those users who like myself are thoroughly bored of the same old squabbles being endlessly played out just ignored them in future then these squabbles and divisions would die down or atleast assume far less importance in readers' minds.
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the internet is weird and people will resort to snide stuff and in person they are unlikely to insult or not as much

its funny and i have thoughts in my head like scenes that could happen like someone insults someone and they bash their face in somehwere in real life when insulted -others, i mean not me because im very calm and genteel

when insulted i just listen to it is all Cool

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seeing (on all forums) trolls seeking to inflame emotions, often resulting in a banning. We need to maintain discipline & dignity in posting, while yielding not one millimeter to threats.
dontbelievethehype1970
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodin wrote:
I am seeing (on all forums) trolls seeking to inflame emotions, often resulting in a banning. We need to maintain discipline & dignity in posting, while yielding not one millimeter to threats.

Agreed. The non-trolls are turning into trolls. Please, troll-like-non-trolls wake up and smell the coffee!
dontbelievethehype1970
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Please respect each other on this forum Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
Short of censoring such debate (which wouldn't be healthy) I see these squabbles as inevitable on any 9/11 public forum.

Yes, but could you consider moderating against "flaming".

rubber_ritchie wrote:

Some discussions I have seen however , have turned into what I think is known as 'flaming'. I think this is usually against the rules in forums but I have seen a whole thread of it on this forum today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: