FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tube Closure Versus Rachel's Story - The problem
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astro3
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Tube Closure Versus Rachel's Story - The problem Reply with quote

Tube Closure Versus Rachel's Story - The Problem

From Arnos Grove, all the way down to Caledonian road, tube stations were closed that morning due to a fire alert - the sole exception being Finsbury Park where Rachel got on, which stayed open because the Victoria line also passed through there. All these stations closed at 8 o'clock and re-opened at 8.30.

The problem is, that the tube takes 26 minutes to go from Arnos Grove to the point where it blew up near to Russel square station. I just did it in rush-hour. That does not give enough time. It especially does not give enough time for Rachel to catch the third train: the first two, she explained were so crowded due to the delays that she just let them go by, even though it would make her late for work, and squeezed onto the third one (Out of the Tunnel, p3).

The blast was at 08.50, according to Transport for London (though some sources say 08.51/08.52), so that would put the train leaving Arnos Grove at 08.24 or 08.25. I reckon that is too early - but, please do contradict me here.

Northbound trains can (one gathers) reverse at either Arnos Grove or King's Cross, while they shuttle back and forth during the rush-hour. The J7 site accepts the official data that the train which blew up had come from the depot at Cockfosters, ie had travelled all the way down. Is there maybe an alternative, that it reversed at King's Cross? How plausible this is, depends on how convincing you reckon are the testimonies of survivors, as to where they had come from, on that train. The latter scenario would have the train not very full.
...................................................................... ...........
Rachel's testimony here is anyway problematic, because she describes the heaving hordes waiting on the Finsbury Park platform waiting and waiting as two trains went by, when all they had to do was walk over to the Victoria line platform which is anyhow much quicker, to King's Cross . There was no point in them waiting on that platform, no need for them to be late, or to endure that awful crush.
I got on Arnos Grove at 08.53 this morning and reached King's Cross at 09.17, Russell Square at 09.20. Given that Rachel says 'this is the most crowded train I have ever been in,' you might want to add on a minute or so to the 26 minutes it took me.
Transport for London gives blast time: 'However, we can also confirm for the affected Piccadilly line train that the explosion occurred simultaneously at 08:50. Our evidence is based upon the precise time the Tunnel Telephone system on the Piccadilly line went out of service.'

If perchance the train did reverse at King's Cross, then clearly there is a lot that its driver Tom Nairn has to keep quiet about. Ray wright sat next to him, and both of them alluded to the train as number 311 in their accounts. Rachel knows these two: 'I know the train driver who did not leave the train, who stayed and helped the injured while his co-driver, who had been travelling in the cab with him led the pasengers who could walk ...' (p.77).
Here is an account on the J7 site that puts the fire a few minutes earlier: 'At around 07.57 Caledonian Road station was closed due to a fire alert caused by a report of a strong burning smell coming from a defective eastbound train. The passengers were evacuated on to the platform and Piccadilly line services were suspended between King's Cross and Arnos Grove until 08.28am. Whereas, ‘Edward Cowling’ testified, ‘I arrived at Wood Green station at 8:30 to discover it was locked and a notice saying the service was suspended between Arnos Grove and Kings Cross.’

Here is an account of Rachel's story, posted on Urban 75, cited on the J7 site which is more or less the same as that in her book:
Quote:
All King's Cross trains were running late. I let 2 overcrowded trains go before boarding one at 8.40am. I had arrived at Finsbury Park at 8.30am. Normally there is a train every minute, but they were coming every 3 or 4 minutes. Therefore you had three times as many people attempting to board the trains as normal. So after waiting ten minutes I gave up and got onto the overcrowded train at 8.40am. And stood by the pole in the centre by the first set of double doors.
More people heaved on at each stop. Arsenal, Holloway Road, Caledonian Road, the train was now completely rammed. At King's Cross the platform was 5 or 6 people deep. People surged onto the train. We could not believe that they were even trying to get on, but if you were at the front of a heaving platform you were pretty much shoved on by the crowd. Anyway, on they all squeezed.
All I'm saying, is that those 10 minutes waiting while 3 trains came is incompatible with the half-hour closure due to fire of the whole stretch of line from Arnos Grove on. Trains had to travel 5 stops at Arnos Grove on a journey which only began at 08.30. Do the maths, its not hard!
If you wanted to belive Rachel's story, you might do it by shifting the blast time to 08.56, and terminating the fire-alert five or ten minutes earlier say 08.20 or 25. That would give time for several packed out trains to trundle down and reach her. Is that an option?
A view expressed by The Antagonist is that: 'there is rather a lot of evidence to suggest that the Piccadilly Line train incident occurred at 08:56. ' (10.12.05, http://z13.invisionfree.com/julyseventh/index.php?showtopic=7&st=0)

Last edited by astro3 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Piccadilly line log supplied by Numeral:
At 0754hrs, E270 was delayed at Caledonian Road when a passenger alarm was operated. On investigation, the train operator found that there was an unusual smell in the 4th car of the train. Train services were suspended between Kings Cross and Arnos Grove The Kings Cross Train Maintainer, ERU staff and London Fire Brigade personnel attended. The traction motors and brakes were isolated and the train was worked empty to Cockfosters depot for further investigation. Initial indications are that brakes were hanging on in car 4. A 32 minute delay was booked. The train service was severely delayed as a result of the incident, particularly westbound from Arnos Grove with headways up to 12 minutes between trains.

Steve Lovegrove wrote:

"I arrived at the westbound platform and looked at my watch, it was 8.40.
The board said 2 trains were due, one in 2mins, and one in 8mins.
The first one was full so I got the 2nd one, sometime between 8.48:00 and 8.49:00, if you want to be exact.
It takes about 40 secs to board, so we left kings cross between 8.48:40 and 8.49.40. For arguments sake we left at 8.49:10
While I state the explosion was about a minute down the tunnel, it was probably less, about 40secs.
So, with all that taken into account I can say, the explosion happened between 8.49:50 and 8.50:30.
About 1 min after the explosion I checked my phone for a signal, it was 8.52. So this confirms my above times."

known facts - Fire alarm 07.54
Caledonian Road Station closed 07.57
Explosion 08.50
trains were delayed 32 minutes
the earliest trains started running was 08.26 at Arnos Grove
the earliest any stations reopened was 08.28 although some passengers say they were still closed at 08.30
So i agree, if we do the sums her story is impossible.
Official story says that the bombed train came from Cockfosters depot and we know that the official story says that the second train through after the fire alert was the one that exploded. So clearly there is something seriously wrong with her account.

Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Tube Closure Versus Rachel's Story - The problem Reply with quote

astro3 wrote:
Tube Closure Versus Rachel's Story - The Problem

From Arnos Grove, all the way down to Caledonian road, tube stations were closed that morning due to a fire alert - the sole exception being Finsbury Park where Rachel got on, which stayed open because the Victoria line also passed through there. All these stations closed at 8 o'clock and re-opened at 8.30.

The problem is, that the tube takes 26 minutes to go from Arnos Grove to the point where it blew up near to Russel square station. I just did it in rush-hour. That does not give enough time. It especially does not give enough time for Rachel to catch the third train: the first two, she explained were so crowded due to the delays that she just let them go by, even though it would make her late for work, and squeezed onto the third one (Out of the Tunnel, p3).

The blast was at 08.50, according to Transport for London (though some sources say 08.51/08.52), so that would put the train leaving Arnos Grove at 08.24 or 08.25. I reckon that is too early - but, please do contradict me here.

Like by pointing out that the TfL Journey Planner puts the Arnos Grove/King's Cross journey as 20 minutes, not 26?
Quote:
Northbound trains can (one gathers) reverse at either Arnos Grove or King's Cross, while they shuttle back and forth during the rush-hour. The J7 site accepts the official data that the train which blew up had come from the depot at Cockfosters, ie had travelled all the way down. Is there maybe an alternative, that it reversed at King's Cross? How plausible this is, depends on how convincing you reckon are the testimonies of survivors, as to where they had come from, on that train. The latter scenario would have the train not very full.

It would also have involved the westbound train leaving what is normally the eastbound platform at King's Cross.
Quote:
Rachel's testimony here is anyway problematic, because she describes the heaving hordes waiting on the Finsbury Park platform waiting and waiting as two trains went by, when all they had to do was walk over to the Victoria line platform which is anyhow much quicker, to King's Cross . There was no point in them waiting on that platform, no need for them to be late, or to endure that awful crush.

That's preposterous, unless you expect us to believe that everyone on the platform was only heading for King's Cross or Green Park. Most people heading for stations inbetween and beyond would have been inclined to wait for a Piccadilly line train.
Quote:
I got on Arnos Grove at 08.53 this morning and reached King's Cross at 09.17, Russell Square at 09.20. Given that Rachel says 'this is the most crowded train I have ever been in,' you might want to add on a minute or so to the 26 minutes it took me.

You need to come up with a more robust control than a single journey, especially since it is so wildly different from TfL's own average.
Quote:
Transport for London gives blast time: 'However, we can also confirm for the affected Piccadilly line train that the explosion occurred simultaneously at 08:50. Our evidence is based upon the precise time the Tunnel Telephone system on the Piccadilly line went out of service.'

If perchance the train did reverse at King's Cross, then clearly there is a lot that its driver Tom Nairn has to keep quiet about. Ray wright sat next to him, and both of them alluded to the train as number 311 in their accounts. Rachel knows these two: 'I know the train driver who did not leave the train, who stayed and helped the injured while his co-driver, who had been travelling in the cab with him led the pasengers who could walk ...' (p.77).

It would also have us believe that everyone on the train had actually not used the Piccadilly line to get to King's Cross, and did not bother mentioning that once there they departed from a different platform than usual.
Quote:
Here is an account on the J7 site that puts the fire a few minutes earlier: 'At around 07.57 Caledonian Road station was closed due to a fire alert caused by a report of a strong burning smell coming from a defective eastbound train. The passengers were evacuated on to the platform and Piccadilly line services were suspended between King's Cross and Arnos Grove until 08.28am. Whereas, ‘Edward Cowling’ testified, ‘I arrived at Wood Green station at 8:30 to discover it was locked and a notice saying the service was suspended between Arnos Grove and Kings Cross.’

You can't extrapolate one single person - who may very well have been "rounding up" 08:26 or 08:27 to "8:30" (assuming the watch they had was even within 30 second of being accurate in the first place) - talking about a single station to cover the other seven on the line. People, after all, usually quote times to the nearest five minutes, rather than being accurate to the minute.
Rachel
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind, life's too short

Last edited by Rachel on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rachel
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if I don't respond you'll leave it, and me alone. That would be great.

Last edited by Rachel on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rachel
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see above
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tube Closure Versus Rachel's Story - The problem Reply with quote

It seems to me that both the statements below by astro3 directly imply that Rachel is lying. A very serious allegation against a 7/7 survivor that needs to be backed up fully with all the evidence to back each and every contentious statement hyperlinked or noted in full before publication on this site.
All contentious claims discrediting terror victims, survivors or their families must be backed by hard facts or else removed by moderators as soon as possible. Repeated violations should mean suspension of users' accounts.

Please read the currunt UK defamation law here
Defamation is a false statement made by one individual about another. This statement attempts to discredit that person's character, reputation or credit worthiness. In order to be defamatory, such a statement must be communicated to at least one other person.
http://www.thompsons.law.co.uk/ltext/defamation.htm

astro3 wrote:

Tube Closure Versus Rachel's Story - The Problem.....
If you wanted to belive Rachel's story

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel wrote:
Perhaps if I don't respond you'll leave it, and me alone. That would be great.

Rachel -with the greatest respect that really will not do.
People who have bought your book can have legitimate questions as any reader would to the author.
The same way people have had questions for other authors such as Daniel for example.
So we really do want to know why your story contradicts the official story.
It is ok to ask questions, it shows people are interested.

Tony - that is a pretty long stretch, are you telling me that it is illegal for any reader to ask questions about any book they might have bought?
Ofcourse not.
Every day every newspaper would be in breech many times over, every author will be entitled to sue everyone who writes a review and sticks it on Amazon. Etc.
All she has to do is simply explain her account. If she did take Astro to court it would cost tens of thousands but moreso she would have to prove her account was accurate.
This messageboard should not be censored.

Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Finsbury Park station that morning between 8.50 and 9.15 and the entrance I saw was closed. There are 3 entrances to Finsbury so I cant talk about the other two or whether people switching from the Overground to the Underground found trains.

During this time (I will try and get my mobile phone records if I still have them) I got a phone call from abroad telling me bombs had gone off in London and whether I am allright. I then switched on LBC 97.3 and heard power cuts had disabled the tube.

No one on this site will convince me that I did not experience any of the above.

I will continue to refuse to believe that this whole issue is based solely on trust or on who has seen the evidence and who has not.
Nick Cooper
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conspiracy analyst wrote:
I was in Finsbury Park station that morning between 8.50 and 9.15 and the entrance I saw was closed. There are 3 entrances to Finsbury so I cant talk about the other two or whether people switching from the Overground to the Underground found trains.

During this time (I will try and get my mobile phone records if I still have them) I got a phone call from abroad telling me bombs had gone off in London and whether I am allright. I then switched on LBC 97.3 and heard power cuts had disabled the tube.

No one on this site will convince me that I did not experience any of the above.

I will continue to refuse to believe that this whole issue is based solely on trust or on who has seen the evidence and who has not.

You seem emphatic on what time you were at FP, but it's notable that the BBC timeline indicates the Press Association were reporting "emergency services called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion" at 09:15. These days such a report would be round the globe within seconds, and its not inconceivable that a foreign broadcaster might extrapolate "explosion" to "bombs." As it was friend in Manchester texted me around the same time to ask me if I was OK.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think anyone has called anyone a liar. All that is happened is people want answers to pretty simple basic questions.
Her legal threats are the only answer so far.

Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staraker wrote:

You seem emphatic on what time you were at FP, but it's notable that the BBC timeline indicates the Press Association were reporting "emergency services called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion" at 09:15. These days such a report would be round the globe within seconds, and its not inconceivable that a foreign broadcaster might extrapolate "explosion" to "bombs." As it was friend in Manchester texted me around the same time to ask me if I was OK.

It's a shame that the authorities didn't make similar leaps in thought. They might not then have encouraged all of the evacuating tube travellers to take buses and other forms of transport.
guzman
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tube Closure Versus Rachel's Story - The problem Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
It seems to me that both the statements below by astro3 directly imply that Rachel is lying. A very serious allegation against a 7/7 survivor that needs to be backed up fully with all the evidence to back each and every contentious statement hyperlinked or noted in full before publication on this site.
All contentious claims discrediting terror victims, survivors or their families must be backed by hard facts or else removed by moderators as soon as possible. Repeated violations should mean suspension of users' accounts.

Defamation is a false statement made by one individual about another. This statement attempts to discredit that person's character, reputation or credit worthiness. In order to be defamatory, such a statement must be communicated to at least one other person.

astro3 wrote:

Yet Rachel's smear attempts against Richmal Oates-Whitehead are still sitting pretty from over a year and a half ago.

Rachel wrote:
I read the story of Richmal, who it is reported died of natural causes; she seems to have had a sad and lonely life and she did suffer from a borderline personality disorder. It was suggested that she killed herself as a result of her lies about her heriosm and her job beign found out but it tuened out that she had a medical condition, possibly exaserpated by stress, there was a feature on her story in New Woman magazine recently called 'LIAR LIAR' about how Richmal's life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmal_Oates-Whitehead
http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/28/ndo ctor28.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/08/28/ixhome.htmlhttp://www.guardian.co.u k/attackonlondon/story/0,16132,1558598,00.html
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/author/story.cfm?a_id=100&ObjectID=10342653

Her story is certainly sad, but it doesn't convince me of any conspiracy - lots of people saw the bus explode and I have met people who were passengers on it - they are all still alive anbd haven't been bumped off, if that is what you are inferring.

9/11 forum

Rachel categorically states that Richmal had a borderline personality disorder and suggests that she had a sad and lonely life. Rachel then categorically states that Richmal lied about her heroism and says that her job was found out, whatever that implies. Rachel bases her attacks on articles found to be misleading. She then juxtaposes all this with the title of a magazine article, 'Liar Liar', published by the company that Rachel was working for at the time.

No-one has lowered themselves lower than Rachel's own standards or lack thereof.

Your deference to the 'lady of the manor' is very telling.
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel seems to have "bought" a lot of victim status in her life, and continues and endlessly repeats, the process by actively entering potentially hostile environments and "baiting" vicious personal responses, while proffering legal threats as a result.
While people should have sympathy with Rachel's experience, and the horrible fear syndrome that has imprinted itself upon her, they should understand the skewed emotional platform she's operating from, and not seek to respond to her provocations.

Nick Cooper
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guzman wrote:
Staraker wrote:

It's a shame that the authorities didn't make similar leaps in thought.

It's an easy call for a foreign broadcaster who doesn't have to pick up the panic-inspired pieces afterwards to make, less so for those that do. Emergency contingency plans being what they, a hell of a lot of disruption would be caused if every single adverse event was immediately taken to be the beginning of a series of full scale terrorist attacks.
Quote:
They might not then have encouraged all of the evacuating tube travellers to take buses and other forms of transport.

If they had, we might very well be discussing the fourth bomb being one detonated in a street crowded with people displaced from both Tubes and buses.
Nick Cooper
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tube Closure Versus Rachel's Story - The problem Reply with quote

guzman wrote:
TonyGosling wrote:

astro3 wrote:

Yet Rachel's smear attempts against Richmal Oates-Whitehead are still sitting pretty from over a year and a half ago.

Rachel wrote:
I read the story of Richmal, who it is reported died of natural causes; she seems to have had a sad and lonely life and she did suffer from a borderline personality disorder. It was suggested that she killed herself as a result of her lies about her heriosm and her job beign found out but it tuened out that she had a medical condition, possibly exaserpated by stress, there was a feature on her story in New Woman magazine recently called 'LIAR LIAR' about how Richmal's life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmal_Oates-Whitehead
http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/28/ndo ctor28.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/08/28/ixhome.htmlhttp://www.guardian.co.u k/attackonlondon/story/0,16132,1558598,00.html
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/author/story.cfm?a_id=100&ObjectID=10342653

Her story is certainly sad, but it doesn't convince me of any conspiracy - lots of people saw the bus explode and I have met people who were passengers on it - they are all still alive anbd haven't been bumped off, if that is what you are inferring.

9/11 forum

Rachel categorically states that Richmal had a borderline personality disorder and suggests that she had a sad and lonely life. Rachel then categorically states that Richmal lied about her heroism and says that her job was found out, whatever that implies. Rachel bases her attacks on articles found to be misleading. She then juxtaposes all this with the title of a magazine article, 'Liar Liar', published by the company that Rachel was working for at the time.

The above dates from February 2006, some six month after the sources quote above, but also that below, said pretty much the same thing. None of them them leave much doubt as the rather sad fantasy life Oates-Whitehead was leading. Perhaps you would like to clarify exactly what was "misleading" about them, as you imply?

The Guardian: The fantasy life and lonely death of woman hailed as heroine of July 7 bombing

Quote:
No-one has lowered themselves lower than Rachel's own standards or lack thereof.

Apart from The Guardian, The Telegraph, et al?
Prole
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staraker wrote:
guzman wrote:
Staraker wrote:

It's a shame that the authorities didn't make similar leaps in thought.

It's an easy call for a foreign broadcaster who doesn't have to pick up the panic-inspired pieces afterwards to make, less so for those that do. Emergency contingency plans being what they, a hell of a lot of disruption would be caused if every single adverse event was immediately taken to be the beginning of a series of full scale terrorist attacks.
Quote:
They might not then have encouraged all of the evacuating tube travellers to take buses and other forms of transport.

If they had, we might very well be discussing the fourth bomb being one detonated in a street crowded with people displaced from both Tubes and buses.

Surely the PA reporting only one explosion by 9.15 when there had been three explosions is concerning - not that anyone would have known as news coverage of these explosions didn't start until 9.17, and then only to report power surges. There were even longer delays in reporting the explosions at Edgware Road and KX/Russell Square. People travelling in London were therefore not given the information that would have enabled them to make an informed choice in how they travelled.

As for where the '4th bomb' would have exploded - I find your speculation as worrying as that employed by Stelios.

'The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought'. JFK

Last edited by Prole on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staraker lets not speculate about what might have happened.
We have the 'testimony' as provided by Rachel's book and the statements released by LU. And the press.
There is a clear difference of facts. Between these various information sources.
I would rather seperate this core issue from the threats and arguments over what is and isnt legal, because the fact is Libel is very hard to prove, lawyers get $100,000 on both sides and UK libel laws have been tightened to make it harder to prove.
This is why i am saying do not delete ANY posts. If Rachel tries to sue for libel, her own posts will have to be taken in context to demonstrate her own words which i believe were just as strong if not worse.

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for poor Richmal Oates-Whitehead, it's very easy to libel a dead woman who cannot defend herself. She did tell the truth about the second controlled explosion on the bus, which was strangely denied by the police.
'The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought'. JFK
ianrcrane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: 7/7 Debate Reply with quote

'This house believes that that the evidence, currently available in the public domain, does not support the official version of events (i.e. Goverment Narrative) which allegedly occurred on 7th July 2005'

I wish to offer Staraker the opportunity to publicly debate the above motion with me, in London, at a date to be agreed but no later than March 31st 2008.

Both Staraker and I shall have the opportunity to be seconded by persons to be announced by no later than 31st January 2008.

Each proposer to have 30 minutes to present their case and each seconder to have 20 mins to support/respond.

The debate to be opened to the floor for 60 mins.

All major media to be advised of the event (even though we know that they won't have the cajones to report on it).

The time has come to take this debate into the public arena ... and I am ready Staraker ... are you?

Ian R. Crane

Note to Staraker: I presented 'The 9/11 - 7/7 Connection' on 22nd July 2005; co-incidentally, I was giving this presentation at the exact same time as Jean- Charles de Menezes was being 'taken out' by 'Common Purpose' Graduate Cressida Dick's team of Mossad trained assassins.

I now have the benefit of a further two years of research and it is time to raise the game.
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, you want to debate with a sadster who has no cajones. You'd be mighty lucky
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted repeat
ianrcrane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: 7/7 debate Reply with quote

Hi dh,

of course I don't expect the 'sadster' to rise to the occasion. The liklihood is that he/she is another 'internet obsessive' who is part of the team fighting a rearguard action to try to wear down the resolve of the hardened dissenters (seasoned researchers or conspiraloons, depending upon your perception of reality!).

However, I have reached the point where I am 'so sad' that I have the gall to take this debate off the internet and into the halls of an appropriate venue in London.

Let's take it mainstream!

Come on Staraker, here's your chance to put the full extent of your deep resources on public display. I am ready to stand up and be seriously counted ... are you?

Ian R. Crane

PS. This is my real name ...what's yours?
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair Staraker did come to the public meeting in September at the Indian YMCA. Although he was just as dogmatic on that day as he is here, credit where it is due he did come and argue his case.
So i would imagine he would be likely to accept the challenge.
Maybe him and Rachel together as supporters of the official conspiracy story and if you like Ian i can be your second?

Should be a good debate. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

Hi Stelios,

Now there's an idea... Rachel as Staraker's second? Gosh, that thought had never occurred to me!! Wow, now that really would be an interesting proposition.

However, on further review, it's not really appropriate as Rachel has a deep emotional connect in to the topic question, which would undoubtedly undermine her ability to present an objective case.

That said, if Staraker said that he would only participate if Rachel was his No.2, I would not be unduly concerned.

BTW, thanks for the offer of support; I would definitely value your input and readily acknowledge that your contributions on this forum have added to my education.

Kind regards,

Ian R. Crane
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also second Ian in a debate
Who here is going to second staraker
Unfortunately he has no support apart from possibly Rachel.
Then perhaps he or she is far too immersed for her liking
It just cant happen
The one is from the insiders who know how things are more or less, the other is from the outsiders who go along with the OCT
There isn't any resolution or debate as far as I can see

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might be able to stage this event at the LSE
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Surely the PA reporting only one explosion by 9.15 when there had been three explosions is concerning - not that anyone would have known as news coverage of these explosions didn't start until 9.17, and then only to report power surges.

"There were even longer delays in reporting the explosions at Edgware Road and KX/Russell Square. People travelling in London were therefore not given the information that would have enabled them to make an informed choice in how they travelled.

I'm surprised you seem surprised. It was a fast-moving and developing news story, and we don't have to look very far to know that media organisations these days - particularly the rolling news channels - fall over themselves to be the "first" to report such events, even if they have virtually no real information at the time. It starts of with, "we have just had a report that X has happened..." and it rolls on from them. We see this all the time, so absolutely none of us should be surprised or concerned if the first reports about 7/7 hinted at only a fraction of what happened.
Quote:
As for where the '4th bomb' would have exploded - I find your speculation as worrying as that employed by Stelios.

Do you? It seems quite mild considering some of the wilder suggestions made around here, such as Astro3's idea that the Piccadilly line train may have reversed at King's Cross and not come from the direction of Finsbury Park, after all. Wow! How could we miss that one?! The truth of the matter is that there are various scenarios - both official and unofficial - as to who planted or detonated the bombs bandied about, and if people are happy to say or suggest that, "if the authorities had done X, then Y would not have happened," it is equally valid to suggest that Z might have happened instead. The official line suggests that Hasib Hussain couldn't get on a train, so he targeted a bus. On the other hand - to name but one alternative - there are those who believe that the bus bomb was planted by someone else, either earlier, or immediately before it detonated. If the buses had stopped running, however, what would whoever was responsible have done instead? If we are condemning one set of people for not doing something, we should not automatically assume that things would not have been as "bad" if they had done something else; we may just have ended up with a different form of "bad."
Nick Cooper
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelios wrote:
Staraker lets not speculate about what might have happened.

Why not? You do it all the time.
Nick Cooper
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prole wrote:
As for poor Richmal Oates-Whitehead, it's very easy to libel a dead woman who cannot defend herself. She did tell the truth about the second controlled explosion on the bus, which was strangely denied by the police.

If she had not died, I think she would deserve our sympathy, rather than our condemnation, but she hardly makes an ideal witness. She may very well have been "right" about the controlled explosion as an event, but it seems unlikely she was a direct witness. Given the police's readiness to admit having carried out controlled explosions on other occasions, their denial in this case is strange, but it is a separate issue. Even Ian Blair appear on TV on Monday and said, "By the way, we got it wrong - we did deal with a second suspect device at Tavistock Square," it won't suddenly turn Oates-Whitehead into a reliable witness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: