FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daft British Laws

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Daft British Laws Reply with quote

Daft British Laws:

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament

In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store

Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day

In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter

A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet

The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen

It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing

It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour

In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
gruts
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right - how can we possibly go about our normal lives with that kind of red tape all around us?!

it's a disgrace....
TmcMistress
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my own state (Michigan):

-It is illegal to kill a dog using a decompression chamber

-Cars may not be sold on Sunday

-A woman is not allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission

-Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony

-In Detroit, it is illegal for a man to scowl at his wife on Sunday.

-In Rochester, all bathing suits must be inspected by the head of Police.

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet

why do woman get all the fun? what about expectent fathers? i demand equal rights!
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alabama:

It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle. [Thanks to Tiffany Dozier]

It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church. [Thanks to Tiffany Dozier]

Putting salt on a railway track may be punishable by death. [Thanks to Tiffany Dozier]

Boogers may not be flicked into the wind. [Thanks to Tiffany Dozier]

You cannot chain your alligator to a fire hydrant. [Thanks to Ben Chastain]

Peanuts are not allowed to be sold in Lee County, Alabama after sunset on Wednesdays. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor]

You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor]

It is legal to drive the wrong way on a one way street if you have a lantern on the front of your car. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor]

Alaska:

You can’t look at a moose from an aeroplane. [Thanks to Dave Knott]

Kangaroos are not allowed in barber shops at any time. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor]

Even though it is legal to hunt a bear, it is illegal to wake a bear and take a picture for photo opportunities. [Thanks to Kyle Brown]

Arkansas:

It is illegal to mispronounce Arkansas while in Arkansas [Thanks to Aaron Parmet for that one]

California:

Community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.

It is illegal to eat an orange in your bath tub [Thanks to Meagin Caza for that one]

Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses. [Thanks to Caleb Hicks]

A city ordinance states that a $500 fine will be given to anyone who detonates a nuclear device within city limits. [Thanks to Caleb Hicks]

Colorado:

It is illegal for a woman wearing a red dress to be out on the streets after 7 PM. [Thanks to Molly Lane]

Connecticut:

You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
You are not allowed to walk across a street on your hands.
A pickle is not officially a pickle unless it bounces [Thanks to an anonymous sender at Emaloo5489@aol.com for that one]

Florida:

Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.
A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
(SARASOTA) It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal. [Thanks to Dave Knott]
It is illegal to fart in a public place after 6:00pm on a Thursday. [Thanks to John Andrews]

Georgia

It is illegal to tie a giraffe to a lamp post.[Thanks to Saz for that]
It is illegal to take a bath of orange peel.[Thanks to Saz for that]

Hawaii:

In Hawaii you will be fined if you do not own a boat. [Thanks to Renee for that]

Illinois:

It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animal kept as pets.

Indiana:

Bathing is prohibited during the winter.
Citizens are not allowed to attend a cinema or theatre nor ride in a public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.
In South Bend, Indiana, it is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor at RudeBunny69@aol.com for that]

Iowa:

Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.
It is a violation of the law to sell or distribute drugs or narcotics without having first obtained the appropriate Iowa drug tax stamp. [Thanks to Nick Davis of Ottumwa, Iowa]
A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public. [Thanks to Nick Davis of Ottumwa, Iowa]
One-armed piano players must perform for free. [Thanks to Nick Davis of Ottumwa, Iowa]
In Dubuque any hotel in the city limits must have a water bucket and a hitching post in front of the building. [Thanks to Nick Davis of Ottumwa, Iowa]
In Indianola the �Ice Cream Man� and his truck are banned. [Thanks to Nick Davis of Ottumwa, Iowa]
In Fort Madison the fire department is required to practice fire fighting for fifteen minutes before attending a fire. [Thanks to Nick Davis of Ottumwa, Iowa]
In Marshalltown horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants. [Thanks to Nick Davis of Ottumwa, Iowa]
Within the city limits of Ottumwa a man may not wink at any woman he does not know. [Thanks to Nick Davis of Ottumwa, Iowa]

Kansas:

It is illegal to put ice cream on cherry pie in Kansas. [Thanks to Tyler for that]
In Wichita, at the intersection of Douglas and Broadway, all motorists are required to stop at the intersection, exit their vehicles, and fire three shotgun rounds, before continuing on their way. [Thanks to Tyler for that]
It is illegal to hunt whales. [Thanks to Mitch Moore for that]

Kentucky:

By law, anyone who has been drinking is “sober” until he or she “cannot hold onto the ground”.
It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.
It is illegal to shoot game out of the window of a moving vehicle, with the exception of a whale [Thanks to an anonymous sender at Mauser151@aol.com]

Louisana:

It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
Biting someone with your natural teeth is “simple assault”, while biting someone with your false teeth is “aggravated assault”.

Maine:

After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor at clg897@charter.net for that]
You may not step out of a plane in flight. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor at clg897@charter.net for that]
Shotguns are required to be taken to church in the event of a Native American attack. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor at clg897@charter.net for that]
In Augusta to stroll down the street playing a violin is against the law. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor at clg897@charter.net for that]
In Portland shoelaces must be tied while walking down the street. [Thanks to an anonymous contributor at clg897@charter.net for that]

Maryland:

You cannot swear while inside the city limits of Baltimore.
You cannot throw a bail of hay out of a second story window in Annapolis. [Thanks to Kathleen for those two]..............................

http://www.kimjac.com/wp_blog/daft-us-state-laws/
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Cornwall it is illegal to catch shellfish whilst dressed as a pirate on Sundays, if there's an 'aaar!' in the month.

It's them or us.

Last edited by chek on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
In Cornwall it is illegal to catch shellfish dressed as a pirate on Sundays, if there's an 'aaar!' in the month.

Shellfish dressed as a pirate on Sundays? Wouldn't any self-respecting pirate imitating crab or prawn be at church?

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
chek wrote:
In Cornwall it is illegal to catch shellfish dressed as a pirate on Sundays, if there's an 'aaar!' in the month.

Shellfish dressed as a pirate on Sundays? Wouldn't any self-respecting pirate imitating crab or prawn be at church?

Not necessarily - everybody knows crabs are mostly hermits and for prawns it would be cocktail time.

Anyhow I've retrospectively repaired the wording to hopefully avoid any further confusion, which is more than any load of old cobblers deserves, really.

It's them or us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: