FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call of Duty 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Call of Duty 4 Reply with quote

I've not played this yet but my neighbour is giving me his copy shortly. It's a very solid FPS game but surely one of the vilest pieces of US anti middle eastern propaganda to ever grace a console. The whole Arab world is seemingly reduced to rag heads and conspiring terrorists intent on nuking the west and its down to the SAS to crush them. Points are scored for destroying tv's playing anti US propaganda news channels for example.

My neighbour feels a little sick at the politics himself but it plays like a dream apparently.

I intend to play it through to see just how bad it is at selling the war on terror.

Anyone care to share opinions on this?

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have'nt played it, but am fully aware how such things are and can be used to sell an idea or enforce false information.

let us know what you thought when you've played it.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the UK or the USA or even the world has no effective Muslim campaign such as the ADL in the US. Today you can say anything you want to about Arabs and Muslims and it is accepted without challenge. Surely the parallels must be seen. Imagine if a game was created that showed another race or religion in this light the members of that faith or ethnic group would make sure the game got banned and binned.

Guess what is even worse many Muslim parents will be buying these filthy games for xmas anyway. I would love to see companies get sued for producing and promoting this racist filth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: