FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Occam's Razor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daz
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Occam's Razor Reply with quote

Can the principle of Occam's Razor be applied to 9/11 theories such as pod and flash and Pentagon? And how does it affect them?
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Occam's Razor Reply with quote

daz wrote:
Can the principle of Occam's Razor be applied to 9/11 theories such as pod and flash and Pentagon? And how does it affect them?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Alan Firminger
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind others that Occam's Razor states that the hypothesis that explains all the evidence and requires fewest assumptions is probably correct.
I often quote Occam's Razor when discussing 9-11. For assumptions read conspirators.

Last edited by Alan Firminger on Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
daz
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found a link on Occam's Razor and Conspiracy Theories. Occam's Razor is very important to the 9/11 truth movement. Ignore it at your peril.
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Occam's Razor make FLIGHT 77 appear at the Pentagon or cause the WTC to implode uniformaly, or make WTC7 commit suicide seven hours later because it missed the rest of its family?
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Even George Bush admits there was a conspiracy Reply with quote

daz wrote:
I just found a link on Occam's Razor and Conspiracy Theories. Occam's Razor is very important to the 9/11 truth movement. Ignore it at your peril.

The problem with the article on this link is that it assumes that there are people who advocate a conspiracy theory and others who don't. But in the case of 9/11 everyone advocates a conspiracy theory: the government that it was an Al Qaeda conspiracy, others that the US government was in some way involved in the conspiracy whether Al Qaeda was or not.

So the question is not whether or not there was a conspiracy (when two or more people plan together to commit a crime there is by definition a conspiracy) but for which conspiracy theory do we find the evidence most compelling. Did Al Qaeda act alone without any foreknowledge of the US government, or does that theory just not fit observable facts?

Noel
paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occams razor only operates because the media and government story is created with intent of its appearance and sequelae and thus appears the simplest explanation
Other interpretations thereafter appear to complicate the constructed illusion and are therefore disposable
It's philisophical bs to tell the truth and is never an answer or a rebuttal
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Roger's Hacksaw Reply with quote

My approach is to use basic physics (indisputable) to prove essential elements of the official story wrong. This can be done in about 5 minutes.

http://www.checktheevidence.com/911/Collapse%20of%20Towers.swf

Everything else can flow from that - e.g. there can be no motivation for a full investigation unless it is totally clear that the official story is provably a lie. The above is my attempt to do this. I invite everyone and anyone to apply Occam's Razor, Cockham's Chisel and Roger's Hacksaw to the above and see if they "take it down".

In fact, I think I am going to e-mail to some academics...

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: