FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Reflecting Pool - New 9/11 Feature Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fleet
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: The Reflecting Pool - New 9/11 Feature Movie Reply with quote

This one is worth checking:

http://www.reflectingpoolfilm.com

Produced by Joseph Culp son of Robert Culp

Bio

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0191679/bio
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey!
The oligarchs have lost (notice the contagious Tarpley terminology)!
This is gonna blow the whole gaff!!
We should show it in a big London cinema

Well spotted Fleet!

Link

SYNOPSIS
An investigation of the 9/11 events by a Russian-American journalist and a father of a 9/11 victim implicates the US government in the attacks.
ALEX PROKOP (JK Baltazar), a successful journalist, receives a rare 9/11 video tape revealing missile-like bursts of light on the hijacked planes as they hit the Twin Towers. The footage was sent by PAUL COOPER (Joseph Culp), a driven researcher, whose daughter died on 9/11. Sensing a good story, Prokop travels with Cooper to New York and Washington, DC, where they uncover suppressed information implicating the US Government in the attacks. As Cooper introduces Prokop to key eye-witnesses, the façade of the "official story" begins to crumble. Prokop hears accounts of underground explosions in the Twin Towers moments before their collapse, and learns of mysterious "engineers” who rendered the WTC security systems inoperative the weekend before 9/11. To his astonishment, he discovers that the firm providing WTC security was run by immediate family members of the President.
We follow Alex and Cooper as they investigate the inexplicable collapse of the 47-story WTC Building Seven, disprove the implausible airliner "attack" on the Pentagon, and uncover the illegal destruction of physical evidence from Ground Zero.
The pressure builds as the FBI intimidates Alex's editor, McGUIRE, (Lisa Black) to reveal key sources – while the magazine's corporate investors threaten to kill the entire story. Plagued by the ghosts of his Communist childhood and trying to uphold the independence of American journalism, Alex's search for the truth leads to a dangerous and shocking realization!
THE REFLECTING POOL is an intense, sobering investigation into the most controversial tragedy of our time. Drawn from established sources and based on verifiable facts, THE REFLECTING POOL is a thought-provoking study of a search for truth and the profound consequences of not looking for it any further than the nightly news.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another trailer:

Link

Dave Sherlock's:

http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum

http://www.myspace.com/chemtrailsuk
TmcMistress
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm that there's solid information in this? Using the "Missile fired from the planes" as a starting point makes me nervous...
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TmcMistress wrote:
Can anyone confirm that there's solid information in this? Using the "Missile fired from the planes" as a starting point makes me nervous...

This is a feature film rather than a documentary - isn't it?
TmcMistress
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony's post made it sound like a documentary. At least to me anyway. Smile
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiction it seems is the only way to tell the truth these days so no-one can blame you for being a bit confused
Smoke
TmcMistress wrote:
Tony's post made it sound like a documentary. At least to me anyway. Smile

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Last edited by TonyGosling on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This film has been advertised now for as far as I can remember.

Anyone know if it is actually going to be released? I had kind of given up on it.

Anyway, I have no problem with a fictional film which is based on 911 truth. If the PTB can release a fictional 'Flight 93' movie, then I see no reason why the truth movement cannot do the same for our cause.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TmcMistress wrote:

From what I remember in a director's interview I saw some time ago, pods and such were all the rage when the film was in development.

It's more an indictment of the time taken by the movie production process itself that some of its assumptions and technical maguffins are now considered old hat, if not downright disinfo.

But from the clip that was available on the movie website, it seemed to be a serious and quite engaging piece of dramatic storytelling about the underlying machinations of the myth the public were sold. And that at least should still be relevant today.

If you can live with Harvard trainers attacking Pearl Harbour, a pod here or there should easily be within your stride.

It's them or us.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conspiracy Theories abound in docudrama revisiting 9/11
By Kam Williams- Film Review
Updated 7/17/2008 12:06:28 PM

If you are familiar with Loose Change, the internet documentary implicating the U.S. 9/11 Commission in a cover-up, then you have a good idea of what to expect of The Reflecting Pool, a docudrama covering essentially the same ground. The difference is that this version is presented from the perspective of a couple of fictionalized characters, one, an intrepid, Russian-American journalist (Jarek Kupsc), the other, the grieving father (Joseph Culp) of a woman who perished in the terrorist attack.
Together, these two leave no stones unturned in their endeavor to elicit the truth about whether an aircraft ever hit the Pentagon and how the 47-story World Trade Center 7 collapsed without ever being hit. In addition, they question whether either Twin Tower could have been brought down by a jet crash alone, and it doesn't take long for them to sense that something's rotten in the State of Denmark.
After interviewing eyewitnesses, grilling government bureaucrats or examining video footage of the disaster frame by frame like the Zapruder film, these researchers arrive at a shocking conclusion, namely, that Vice President Cheney had orchestrated the whole international incident, from ignoring FBI warnings about Al-Qaeda to keeping NORAD fighter planes on the ground on 9/11 to making sure the matter was ultimately whitewashed.
And what was Cheney's motivation? That's less of a surprise. An excuse to unleash the Military-Industrial Complex in the Persian Gulf Region not only to ensure American dominance but war profiteering opportunities for his corporate cronies.
The Reflecting Pool is the sort of expose' that will divide an audience along party lines. It is likely to confirm everything leftist conspiracy theorists have long suspected, while infuriating those Republicans still in the Bush-Cheney camp. A damning indictment of the White House which concludes that 9/11 was less a failure of intelligence than a willful failure to act.
http://www.insightnews.com/aesthetics.asp?mode=display&articleID=4577

Very Good (3 stars)
Unrated
Running time: 106 minutes
Studio: BW Filmworks

To see a trailer of The Reflecting Pool, visit: http://reflectingpoolfilm.com/reflectingpooltrailer.htm

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Reflecting Pool - Unfortunatley Useless

OK I just watched this and in my opinion it is fairly useless as an activist tool and not good enough to be called a great film either.

I don't have a problem with mixtures of fact and fiction if done in the right way - but if there is not a clear division between the two it becomes counter productive. Who Killed John O'Neil - in my opinion - is excellent because all of the information is in reality, whereas the construct it is fit around is fictional. The problem the reflecting pool has is it's fictionalising of the evidence as well.

For example - the identities of key witnesses have been changed - Scott Forbes for example becomes a brash New Yorker who puts far more certainty on the fact that what he witnessed meant a conspiracy, whereas the real Scott Forbes simply agnostically reports what he saw and does not engage in theories. So let's say they had someone act an impresonation of Scott Forbes AND used his testimony verbatim in the script (which they should have done with all testimony really) is it helpful then? No. Because the identity is changed, so someone watching this might say "but what about [can't remember his name] said?" they are talking sh*t - he doesn't exist. They do similar things with a fire fighter who witnessed explosives and at other points - none of it is helpful as none of the people actually exist and their testimoney is a merging of what some real people actually did say with what the film maker believes what they said meant.

Names of businesses and magazines are changed as well. Popular Mechanics is "Engineering Science" I think, a fictional name is created for the security firm which Marvin Bush was on the board of and so on.

All of this adds up to what could end up being disinformation if the person watching is not versed in 9/11 fact.

Beyond this, the facts them selves are all over the place, for example:

Thermite is described as a powerful explosive used in the demolition of tall buildings.

Thermite is NOT an explosive and to my knowledge has never been used in the demolition of anything besides oil rigs.

The film also goes down the "small fire and little damage" at the WTC7 - to my mind this has always been shaky - and unnecesary. I always prefer to give the debunker as much damage as can be realistically speculated (for example - the one small part of the building never photographed - the bottom 20% of one side - is exactly what Popular Mechanics claimed was "scooped out" - unlikely but it can't be disproved) as what harm does it do to let them play with that? We should insist on the facts being UNEVEN, ASYMETRICAL DAMAGE and UNEVEN FIRES - as even they will agree to that and THAT is the major problem when trying to explain a symetrical, near free fall collapse. Even in their scenario parts of the building which were not damaged by fire or debris collapsed in exactly the same way and at the exact same speed as the rest of it.

The film also repeats "ah the south tower was hit second but fell first" line - which is weak - in the offical version the south tower also had a much greater weight above the impact zone as it was hit lower, and was hit more horizontally - with the north tower's plane dipping less would have reached the core as it would have distributed its energy in diagonally crashing through floor sections. So the one engine which would have hit the south tower core, arguably, could have had more kinetic impact energy than the two which hit the north tower, as they had already had to pummell a few floors in getting there.

There are many other little lazy facts and arguments throughout the film and it just makes me wonder what use this film is - easily taken arpart as an argument against the official story, impossible to use as a presentation of evidence as it anonymises all of the relevant evidence, and irritating to seasoned campaigners who will grind their teeth at the same old weak arguments damaging the core case.

It's not a bad film - I thought all the acting was pretty good and the direction and photography wasn't bad either. It was well made, and I appreciate that it takes a long time to make a film a when this stuff was being written, acted, edited and so on, the research and quality of case has improved - they were essentially using old material. But this isn't really anything to get excited about.

Peace and Truth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: