FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intelligence behind raid was wrong, officials say

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRUTH
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Intelligence behind raid was wrong, officials say Reply with quote

Senior counter-terrorism officials now believe that the intelligence that led to the raid on a family house last Friday in a search for a chemical device about to be used to attack Britain was wrong, the Guardian has learned.

Counter-terrorism officials were under pressure last night after days of meticulous search of the house in east London failed to produce anything to link the two men they arrested to a chemical plot. But a senior police officer said they had been left with "no choice" but to force entry into the house because there was specific intelligence of a threat to public safety.

One official, with knowledge why police acted and what had been found from days of searching, said the intelligence had been acted on correctly, but added last night: "There is no viable device at that house. There is no device being constructed, or chemicals. There does not appear to be anything there or anywhere else."

As lawyers for the two arrested men continued to protest their innocence, it emerged that the man who had passed the specific information that led to the raid in which a man was shot last Friday was a police informant who had been providing intelligence about the activities of alleged Islamist militants for several weeks.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,,1791110,00.html
conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: The whole affair .... Reply with quote

has more to do with a test run for the police to employ its new anti-terrorist powers. Ie to block whole areas off due to suspicious circumstances which unelected 'anti-terrorist' police have the 'right' to do based on 'intelligence'.

No one has seen anyone shot we have only been told that happened.
The lawyer of one of the men allegedly arrested stated last night on Newsnight he understands the police's right to do this sort of thing, (shooting his brother I presume!) and the whole affair is geared to continue the story of
'terrorism'.

The police selectively choose immigrant areas for this theatrical performance.
Peter Power emerged again...
PercyPenguin
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the News of the World very quickly running the story that one suspect shot the other, rather than the more likely proposition - that he was shot either by the police or army.

I think after the debacle of the Stockwell shooting the cops are really scared of making direct public statements - no doubt we will see a lot more tame journalists spinning their yarns over the next few months.

Real research needs to be conducted here, as so much can be gained by seeing just which journalists are spook/police friendly, and who (if any) are really capable of independent thought. For the record at least two of the main journalists on the News of the World - Neville Thurlbeck and Mazzer Mahmood - are registered police informants.
Wokeman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A counter-terrorism official said: "If the intelligence was right there was a serious risk to the public. We did not know if it was right or not until we went in."
Wokeman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand what's happening here, I feel as if I'm living in banana republic where authority acts upon a whim of one individual. If there was nothing found after a thorough search, there was no evidence to begin with, but they still refuse to deny that
conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Times change, Reply with quote

Wokeman wrote:
I do not understand what's happening here, I feel as if I'm living in banana republic where authority acts upon a whim of one individual. If there was nothing found after a thorough search, there was no evidence to begin with, but they still refuse to deny that

In the olden days if nothing was found, it was planted.
Now they know there is nothing to be found.

The script has changed but the story is the same.

Police have the RIGHT to do what they want when they want to.
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy On the radio this morning(and it's not been commented on this evening)

They actually stated " The officer had thick gloves on and so did'nt know if he shot the guy at the time" PP

I mean come on Very Happy

Anyone else hear that?
jason67
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the comments that were being posted on BBC 'have your say' The question was 'Are the police correct in shooting terrorists'. The question itself is misleading as the two guys were suspects at that time not terorists. But, that didnt stop 90% of the comments saying yes, of course they should.
Looking at the mass media coverage over the weekend (terror, terror and more terror) and the scale of the operation (250 officers for a 'tip off') it makes me think that the public are slowly being conditioned to accecpt this kind of thing until it becomes the norm.
Sealing off roads, dawn raids, shooting people on site will become just another story. Whether the police are right or wrong wont really matter, as it will be all in the name of the 'war on terror'.

Maybe I'm reading into this more that their is?
Dr Hemp
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm worried that, especially after the Stockwell shooting, the Police will plant evidence, rather than have the embarrassment of admitting they * up again.

Surely if they can blow up tube trains and buses, and successfully blame other people, it would not be too hard for them to plant evidence?

Hazzard
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sick of this Psy-Op bs its unreal.

READ PEOPLE READ ABOUT THE HEGELIAN DIALECT AND YOU WILL SEE WHY THEY HAVE TO DO RAIDS LIKE THIS!

Dr Hemp
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm worried that, especially after the Stockwell shooting, the Police will plant evidence, rather than have the embarrassment of admitting they * up again.

Surely if they can blow up tube trains and buses, and successfully blame other people, it would not be too hard for them to plant evidence?

Garcon Warrior
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I really did have to laugh about the gloves being to thick and not knowing he shot someone. Please dont let him near the nuclear button.

On a more serious note there was an article in the sun today written by a Jon Gaunt. The headline went "Terror cops must be allowed to act first, ask questions later....got it do-gooders". The article starts with we are a war and basically goes on to say how we should stop hindering the police and give full support to our army and police. He quotes "It's unfortunate that a man got shot but its even more unfortunate that the I.P.C.C seemed to be on the scene quicker than an ambulance-chasing lawyer".

Anyway I sent him an email back on what I thought of his article.

What an absolute joke your report in today's Sun is. We are at war, no the Labour Government is at war killing thousands of innocent people in Iraq. The war on terror is a total farce conjured up by neo-conservative Republicans going back 35 years ago. I really hope I don't have to spell out history to you but Al-Queida is and was a C.I.A. sponsored operation fighting the soviets in Afghanistan. The Muslim countries were targeted after the cold war finished as the new enemy.

You state that spooks say there are 1200 sleeper cells in the UK, is this the same spooks that said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. You sound like the sought of person that would be quite happy to get rid of your liberties for freedom. A man got shot could of been killed is this your idea of a new world police state where police can shoot and kill people in the name of terror. I really feel for Muslims in this country for they have no voice anymore if they speak up they will be regarded as terrorists so they have to take a beating in silence.

I think you should start with the PNAC and Northwood documents on this "war on terror" and start understanding what really is going on in the world. Or maybe you should come down to Forest Gate and spout your ideas in the streets where this is going on. No, I didn't think so.

Also on his page in the sun he said of anti-war protester Brian Haw they need to bring in a water cannon and wash this dirty deadbeat of the street.

Nice bloke
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Garcon

Unfortunately no sign of your letter on the letters page yet

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001340002-2006260072,00.html
Wokeman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if that is the case, most of us aspire to rise to the stars. All the Murdoch press can hope to rise to is the gutter.
uselesseater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chilling thing is that our PM justifies the fact that the shooting was a mistake with his radical docterine of: imagine the worst scenario and the potential consequences and act as if that were the case.

He says innocents getting shot in dawn raids based of faulty intelligence is 'part of modern life'.

That's comforting to know that on the say so of some unacountable informant you could be shot on your doorstep.

Next thing they'll be telling us that freedom is and out of date concept - if they already hadn't in so many words.

The Sun article is no surprise with it's fantasy land figure of 1200 sleeper cells, quoted from another unaccountable voodoo intelligence source without a shred of evidence to support it.

How is it possible that they know that there are 1200 cells in the UK when we have to date, out of 119000 on the watch list and over 700 arrested there is not a single conviction of anyone planning an attack in the UK. A child could see through this baloney, how come serious thinking people can't.

www.myspace.com/truthleeds
paul wright

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uselesseater wrote:
The chilling thing is that our PM justifies the fact that the shooting was a mistake with his radical docterine of: imagine the worst scenario and the potential consequences and act as if that were the case.

He says innocents getting shot in dawn raids based of faulty intelligence is 'part of modern life'.

That's comforting to know that on the say so of some unacountable informant you could be shot on your doorstep.

That's our future, particularly if people like Rachel have their way

Quote:
How is it possible that they know that there are 1200 cells in the UK when we have to date, out of 119000 on the watch list and over 700 arrested there is not a single conviction of anyone planning an attack in the UK. A child could see through this baloney, how come serious thinking people can't

They regard their seriousness as their defence and their living
They don't want to chance a people's revolt
Thats why they can't wake up and smell the * [my god, JHR you have made plain talking impossible here] er... faecal matter
Hazzard
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilty until proven innocent. Esspecialy if your brown.

The very fact that the real terrorists are the intelligence community, just makes it worst.

conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Interesting piece regarding theatrical nature of raid... Reply with quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1792660,00.html
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazzard,

do oyu have the link to the full colour picture. Or even better(I don't have photoshop) can put it onto a label template for us in London to start guerillaing with.

Cheers

Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbc r5, 13:10 09/06/06

DEMONSTRATIONS PLANNED AGAINST POLICE AFTER BOGUS RAID IN FOREST GATE - Shaun Ley reported. Officers claimed they were searching for a chemical bomb and released misinformation about shooting a suspect. RESPECT MP Yvonne Ridley said Muslims shouldn't cooperate with police anymore. Protests are planned this afternoon against the barbaric police raid but one family member is opposed to it.

STUDIO INTERVIEW: DR ALI, ALLIANCE OF MUSLIM ASSOCIATIONS
- we have distanced ourselves from this march. We are working to develop a strategy, they are very damaging.

STUDIO INTERVIEW: ANGIN CHOWDRY, LEADING DEMO - we want to highlight oppression Muslims face under the Blair regime, his brutal tactics in Iraq are reflected in Britain, Muslims are guilty until proven innocent. The demo needs to have an impact. We are Muslims who live around Forest Gate, we had a brilliant response after distributing leaflets to mosques in the area. There are lackey's in our community like the MUSLIM COUNCIL OF BRITAIN but the grass roots are very angry.

STUDIO INTERVIEW: STEPHEN TIMMS, MP - police moved pretty quickly, I went to their station after the raid and mosques were visited. We met with Scotland Yard. If there was a device was it a threat to neighbours, the police say there wasn't a risk but they could have provided that information much quicker. The last thing the community want to do is boycott the police and go to the fringes.

STUDIO INTERVIEW: ROB BECKLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE POLICE/ACPO - we have a wide range of contacts in different communities in the UK, there is concern and anxiety express by our Muslim contacts. There is also a dilemma in policing the terrorist threat. People want reassured we wont over react. We can and should do better, we owe the community a responsibility to listen to each other and get it right. It can depend on how good our local networks are but we will communicate better.
Sinclair
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyb,

here ya go:

Link:
http://prisonplanet.com/Pictures/Jul05/230705Perspective.jpg[/img]
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Sinclair, I have just been shown by on of our helpful adminstrators how to size it up to get 28 stickers on one page. Will print off a load next week and start sticking on my tube journeys. I'll post the document when I've finished it but am a bit too busy this afternoon.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't be bothered to do too much at work and have created the sheet. I'm starting tonight.

1.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  1.doc
 Filesize:  1.02 MB
 Downloaded:  359 Time(s)

Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Good one! Reply with quote

Good One, Andy! Excellent way of making folk think!
http://x09.eu/splash/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GAIALINK/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GAIALINK_FREE_UNIVERSITY/
Steven Collins
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Anti-terrorist police perform terror yet again Reply with quote

The (im)propaganda exercise at Forest Gate on Thursday was according to the police “just the tip of the iceberg”. Yes that’s for CERTAIN!! More (im)propaganda exercises are sure to follow leading up to the BIG ONE.

My more than educated guess is that this (& those to come) (im)propaganda exercise has a triple edge to it.

1. Plain & simple (im)propaganda.

2. To target & incite Muslims to riot & even foment racial tensions (between them & police & whites. I say that based on most of the clearly white callers I’ve heard on various radio phone-ins regarding this (im)propaganda exercise pretending to be ‘concerned’ & masking their own racist tendencies by gently having a go & generally moaning about Muslims & totally backing the clear heavy-handedness of the police. I myself am white). To cause bad relations with the police & also whites (yet more division). Secret plans to encourage an uprising. Tony Blair has said he backed the police action. Obviously the PM needs to say the police have his full backing, but this is also designed to cause more bad tentions.

3. To get people ‘used’ to police having ‘no choice’ to act on ‘very specific intelligence’, which is also why I say there’s certain to be more to come. There’s already been plenty. This will put everyone under suspicion & create police state rule. This will inevitably eventually lead to a public uprising.

Also the police said they were ‘challenged’ (yeah mentally) before they ‘went in’.
I haven’t heard what this challenge was & wonder if anybody on here does & can tell me.
Maybe the challenge was “Hey sarge, got a key?” ‘No just kick it in’. Then one of the brothers opened the bedroom window & shouted down “Hey you lot, can you kick my door in quietly I’m trying to sleep up here”.

But then again maybe this was just an awful mistake & misjudgment by the police of ‘very specific intelligence’. But how can that be so?? Yet again we’ve been told they’ve learnt lessons & there are more lessons to be learnt, which is a sure sign of yet more (im)propaganda exercises to come.

andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know if the stickers are the wrong size, all you need to do is use the Zoom feature in word and resize to 90%k, this should make the page on the screen A4 size and you can just manually line it up.

PS they seem to last very well on the yellow oyster card readers. Almost a week gone and still there!

conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti-terrorist police perform terror yet again Reply with quote

More than one set of people are in on the act. Including political parties.

Summer is coming and war preparations are in the air again.

Why does it take one week to search a house? There was no search of any house. It was a stage set to see peoples reactions in an area the police have cordoned off.

They always target immigrant areas when they do this as it is high on impossible to target lets say an area in Newcastle or Manchester, due to the ethnic composition of the population.

The same I believe regarding the 'family'. A sling doesn't look like a shot and the haircuts are chosen to make them look 'guilty' to get the population to believe there is indeed a 'terror' threat not an inside job.
Martin Conner
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyb wrote:
...they seem to last very well on the yellow oyster card readers. Almost a week gone and still there!

Sharp thinking perhaps, I don’t know I have never used an oyster card. Do people actually look at this device when they walk through the barrier? Maybe we could cover road traffic signs and key points of advertising space at traffic roundabouts, and/or traffic light junctions where people’s attention begins to wander.

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PercyPenguin wrote:
For the record at least two of the main journalists on the News of the World - Neville Thurlbeck and Mazzer Mahmood - are registered police informants.

Interesting

Where can we see this register of police informants?
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Hemp wrote:

The way i see it is; if they truely wanted to find something and they were completely aware that they were raiding the house of an innocent man, then they would make damn sure that evidence was planted. The very fact that there was no evidence, planted or otherwise, speaks volumes. This was a PR job. A media exercise. A message to the people of the UK; "We WILL raid your house with no evidence and we WILL shoot you ESPECIALLY if you are innocent. THIS is your new freedom."
This was also used as a way of testing the reaction of the population. What exactly are people opposed to this action going to say and do. But more importantly, what are people who might support this level of force going to say. Will this blatent use of authoritarian force be excused? And it was!
This was another psy-warfare job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: