FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The mass of the plane to tower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poacher
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: The mass of the plane to tower Reply with quote

I was reading through some of the comments of professional engineers who have signed up to http://www.ae911truth.org/ the other day (over 200 professional and licensed architects and engineers who question 9/11) and I noticed one of them quote the mass of one of the planes is one tenth of one percent of the total mass of the tower.

Can anyone find out if this is about right? If it is, I think it is an excellent way to get over how the towers could easily stand having the planes flown into them.

Think about it. . . if you have a model tower scaled down in front of you, say a few feet high, and it weighs 100 pounds, and a toy plane weighing about an ounce and you throw it at the tower as hard as you can, it is not going to cause the scaled tower to crumble to the ground.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure but just want to say to do such a thing at home would be impossible unless you could find a way of making the plane travel at the same speed as on 9/11.

im not sure my hands are that powerful.

everything else would need to match also but scaled down, ie: build the towers out of the same materials and same design, and the same with the plane, you'd need the same scaled down contents to fuel the fire also or something inside that would match the material the fire was fueled on.

its to complicated for something to do at home and would be time consuming.

its something that proberbly could be acheived in a lab with funding but i cannot see that happening or anyone along those lines being willing.

anything else or anyother way will just be critised because it dos'nt represent certain aspects of 9/11.
Poacher
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the idea was more to put into a scale a normal person could understand rather than actually build it to scale!

I am looking for confirmation of the scale of mass. i.e is one plane one tenth of one percent of one tower?
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The mass of the plane to tower Reply with quote

Poacher wrote:
Think about it. . . if you have a model tower scaled down in front of you, say a few feet high, and it weighs 100 pounds, and a toy plane weighing about an ounce and you throw it at the tower as hard as you can, it is not going to cause the scaled tower to crumble to the ground.

Surely, the basic concept goes beyond a simple collision, in that there was no progressive collapse over a period of time following the impact/s alone?

You appear to have ignored the additional elements of the fires which your scaled down example does not encompass. You add;

Quote:
I think it is an excellent way to get over how the towers could easily stand having the planes flown into them.

Well, they did. There were supposedly other aspects to the collapse that throwing a toy plane at a model just don't include.

Whilst I am in no way condoning or denying any theory or premise about 911 and the collapse of the towers - can you cite anyone who has suggested that the aircraft impacts alone were responsible?

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general public:

Quote:
They came down because those bl00dy great planes went into them

and

Quote:
The fires weakened the buildings so much they came down

Either statement is easily shown as implausible if it wasn't for:

Quote:
All these conspiracy theories are just ridiculous
mindset,that stops most from looking at any alternative evidence IME\0/

Dave Sherlock's:

http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum

http://www.myspace.com/chemtrailsuk
paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fired a slug from an air rifle into a small piece of breeze block, a steel drinks can, and a small earthernware vase.
In each case the slug flattened and ricocheted off
Velocity's not everything.

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wright wrote:
I've fired a slug from an air rifle into a small piece of breeze block, a steel drinks can, and a small earthernware vase.
In each case the slug flattened and ricocheted off
Velocity's not everything.

The breeze block I can understand, the vase too - but not the drinks can. Was it a .177 or a .22, an old weak spring or pneumatic pump up, was the can full or empty - was it like a coke can (very flimsy tin like alloy), or do you really mean a 'steel' one, what sort of range are we talking?

I have a fair selection of air weapons and every one with the exception of a very tired pistol will go straight through a full can of drink. plus an Anschutz air rifle which will put a hole in an empty oil drum at 60 yards.

I agree velocity is not everything, but we are comparing the most bizarre everday examples to a highly unusual event.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An empty can - I've penetrated an aluminium can many times over. A steel can isnt anchored and just falls over on impact
Still, I think you understand what I'm saying Tele
Not proving anything, just a sense of how things are

Sherlock Holmes
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to one of the American radio stations (www.wtprn.com) and one of the broadcasters (Lone Lantern Radio / Gary Franchi which is on around midnight our time) recently has said that someone in the the US had built a scale model of the twin towers and building 7. He spoke, I think, of a meeting in Autin, Texas where some guy had brought in his scale model and scale models of planes.

It would be useful for this person to publish pictures of his models, maybe someone could contact Gary and find out who this person is and whether he would publish photographs of his models & design/build details.

However debunkers would say that scale models don't represent the real world.

I'm not sure if that helps.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
I was listening to one of the American radio stations (www.wtprn.com) and one of the broadcasters (Lone Lantern Radio / Gary Franchi which is on around midnight our time) recently has said that someone in the the US had built a scale model of the twin towers and building 7. He spoke, I think, of a meeting in Autin, Texas where some guy had brought in his scale model and scale models of planes.

It would be useful for this person to publish pictures of his models, maybe someone could contact Gary and find out who this person is and whether he would publish photographs of his models & design/build details.

However debunkers would say that scale models don't represent the real world.

I'm not sure if that helps.

What happened exactly - did the model tower and model plane ever get together and were they set on fire?

However, this would only be indicative of the event if the scale model was made of identical materials, the same fireproofing, concrete and steel, glass covering the gaps between beams etc. Simply stating 'scale model' means nothing if it was made of anything else.

The model plane would have to contain combustible fuel/liquid, the wind blowing around the model tower/s would have to mirror the same forces experienced on the day, otherwise it would mean very little in the way of duplicating the event. Unless all the boxes were ticked, it would just be someone throwing a model at a model.

I would add that I believe this whole mass of the plane compared to the mass of the towers is a misnomer. Compare a well placed bullet to the size of an elephant. I am not saying that the towers were brought down by planes - merely that the concept of scale models is very shakey.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: