FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposal to debate NPT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Proposal to debate NPT Reply with quote

I've started this new thread to solicit ideas about how best to debate the NPT issue.

To begin with I think that we need to establish agreed topic(s) for debate.

One suggestion is for the author of September Clues to debate that series of films.

Another topic suggestion I have received is to debate something very specific.

I would welcome any ideas about topics, how the debate(s) could be conducted and by whom etc.

Could we keep this thread on topic please.

Cheers

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggest a two person only debate, someone willing debating someone willing on a certain topic.

i just think it would be easier to follow and would be more likely to stay on topic, as usually someone can make a comment and then 2-5 people all qoute different parts of that comment and make differnet points about different specific things, then the other poster answers those differnet specific things etc etc. which is why its easy to go off topic or go on to another side topic within the thread, i don't think that would happen with two people doing the posting and only answering eachothers points made.

other posters could send points they feel have been missed either by pm or a seperate thread and then it would be upto the debaters if they want to incorperate that point or leave it out because it's irrelivant.

it sounds a bit complicated but with just two doing the posting(who are willing of course) everyones on topic points can be made in an easy to follow debate on the issue/topic.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have included earlier suggestions about how the debate should be conducted, from the original thread.

Ian Neal wrote:
So by all means let's try and arrange a respectful evidence based debate, but if it is to mean anything it needs to be conducted amongst professionals who do filming, editting and SFX/film manipulation for a living.

John White wrote:
Actually, there are ways to do a debate thread

something along these lines: the debators are identified before the debate, and agree to debating each other

The question framing the debate is agreed before the debate

Debators are allowed a set number of posts in the debate (usually three ). Posts have a maximum length set (say 1000 words)

A Mod is appointed to administer the debate. Posts on the debate are forwarded to the mod, who checks the post fits within the rules of the debate (no adhominem etc) and then adds that post to the thread

A set length of time is allowed between replies (say 48 hours)

When both debators have had their three replies, the debate thread is closed, and a poll is added to the thread asking which debator people agree with, and allowing people to indicate if the debator changed their mind on the issue during the course of the debate. The thread could be stickied for a set lengfth of time (say, 1 week)

In the meanwhile, a seperate thread is running where people can comment on the replies on the debate as they take place. This thread is opened once both debators have made one post

So if people really wanted to make this happen, its perfectly do-able

Question is, is the intention really there?

Stefan wrote:
I'm more interested in an open debate where ideas can be presented in as many words and sources as necesary rather than a restricted one.

So long as each thread sticks resolutley to one topic described in the title and all questions asked are answered.

But as always am happy to go with the majority view.

So that's 4 so far . . .

Ace Baker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told Mark I'd be willing to participate in a debate, depending on the actual debate topic.

I would suggest this:

"UA flight 175, a Boeing 767 impacted the South Tower on 9/11".

I'd certainly debate the negative position on that.

I'd also suggest that only people willing to use their real names, and real credentials, be considered. I for one am fed up with anonymous internet personalities making unaccountable assertions.

Good luck finding a video FX person to defend the official story. Eric Salter is the only one I know of who has openly supported the plane theory. Perhaps he'll do it, but I suspect he is quite afraid of debating me.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace Baker wrote:
Salter is the only one I know of who has openly supported the plane theory. Perhaps he'll do it, but I suspect he is quite afraid of debating me.

In your dreams, Arse. But the ego is sits well in your character profile.

But I am somewhat interested in why a pro video technician would be 'scared' of a pretend one used to using one software package only.

Is that just bravado for the team's benefit?

It's them or us.
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest the debate would be a good one, Mark
But would invite the vitriol presented, what? 5 posts in?
I don't think this is a topic to be reasonably discussed within this forum yet without excluding other debaters.
The latter tactic would generate threads in opposition

Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my proposal, and its only a proposal for one debate - there can be others -

Mark posts up the evidence for NPT in several threads, each covering a clearly defined area of NPT, indicating the post belongs to this proect by the label FAO Stef or Debate: before the chosen title to indicate the evidence.

He waits.

I compose responses to the posts answering all his points.

I wait.

He proposes counter points to those points, answering his points.

We continue in this fashion until one of us feels the thread is complete and stops.

Each of us can plan our responses with others via email and PM (I will certainly be conferring with at least Chek if not several others) but only the two of us contribute in posts to that thread. Anyone wants a point included from the NPT side, contact Mark, from the refuting side contact me.

No ad hominem, no evasion. No rush to respond (week deadline for a response?) and no word limit.

If a point remains unanswered, the person who made it does not respond until it is answered, instead quoting the part of the original post he feels has not been attended to.

Others can set up their own dynamics with others, this is what I'd like to do.

Peace and Truth
Ace Baker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
Ace Baker wrote:
Salter is the only one I know of who has openly supported the plane theory. Perhaps he'll do it, but I suspect he is quite afraid of debating me.

In your dreams, Arse. But the ego is sits well in your character profile.

But I am somewhat interested in why a pro video technician would be 'scared' of a pretend one used to using one software package only.

Is that just bravado for the team's benefit?

I just sent Eric Salter this mail:

Quote:
Dear Eric,

Some posters on a forum are trying to arrange a debate on 9/11 planes v no-planes, and were especially seeking out video professionals. I suggested that you would be afraid to debate me, and one of your supporters said, "In your dreams, Arse. But the ego is sits well in your character profile"

This poster evidently enjoys calling me "Arse".

In any event, the forum thread is here:

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=12402

Thank You.

-Ace Baker
Ace Baker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier today, I sent Mr. Salter a renewed request for his Hi Resolution Chopper 5.

Quote:
Dear Eric,

I again request that you digitize and make available your Chopper 5 clip, at DV quality. Please leave it interlaced.

As you must know, the clip that you most recently uploaded is de-interlaced, and does not include the beginning of the sequence, the very wide shot showing a New Jersey river in the foreground, and the Lower Manhattan skyline small in the background.

Thank you for doing the right thing in joining my request to obtain broadcast-quality copies of the 9/11 videos. Until that request is honored, your VHS of Chopper 5 is the best that we have. Please make the whole thing available for research.

Sincerely,

-Ace Baker
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very constructive suggestions Marky, Ace, Paul and Stefan.

I'm happy to play whatever role you think might help.

Or none at all.

Progress.

paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest, the views of the very dry serious and sensible researcher Elias Davidsson, recently promoted on a UK tour
Quote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 24 Nov 2007 08:59
Subject: F-4 Phantom crash test against wall
To: Elias Davidsson <edavid@simnet.is>

Here is a film of a test of a Phantom F-4 plane crashing against a
thick wall. It does not even make a hole in the wall. It pulverizes
outside the wall. Something similar to this should have happened on
9/11 in the Pentagon and perhaps in the WTC. Yet, at both places we
are told that the aircraft went "into" the buildings and disappeared
there without a trace. In the case of the South Tower of the WTC, the
plane is shown on TV to have entered the building like a knife into
butter. What is going on?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3LRBHqJI40k

Elias

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wright wrote:
Just out of interest, the views of the very dry serious and sensible researcher Elias Davidsson, recently promoted on a UK tour
Quote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 24 Nov 2007 08:59
Subject: F-4 Phantom crash test against wall
To: Elias Davidsson <edavid@simnet.is>

Here is a film of a test of a Phantom F-4 plane crashing against a
thick wall. It does not even make a hole in the wall. It pulverizes
outside the wall. Something similar to this should have happened on
9/11 in the Pentagon and perhaps in the WTC. Yet, at both places we
are told that the aircraft went "into" the buildings and disappeared
there without a trace. In the case of the South Tower of the WTC, the
plane is shown on TV to have entered the building like a knife into
butter. What is going on?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3LRBHqJI40k

Elias

There was no plane hit the Pentagon. Pilots 4 truth/Snowy proved this plis those 4 witnesses. WTC was NOT a solid wall. More than 50% glass. Think of a potato hitting a tennis racket.

Planes were bait & switch tankers via Zakheim. MOSSAD took over the passenger jets and landed them elsewhere. IMO

Google Daniel Lewin

Ningen
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Elias is correct Reply with quote

Hello. Thank you for having an open forum.

The Sandia video shows what should have happened. And please consider that a Boeing 747 is much longer, with much longer wings in relation to length, and the Sandia plane was driven straight into the wall on a rail car.

The tennis racket analogy is flawed -- the area of the strings is much less than half the area of the spaces between the strings.

The plane hit steel columns backed by steel and concrete floors. This forms a wall. Even if, as you say, material goes in through windows, what about the part that does not?

Here's a good explanation of why an aluminum plane would not go through steel columns -- the load would not be transmitted to the columns because the sofer aluminum would be destroyed.

http://www.progressiveindependent.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&foru m=218&topic_id=5899&mesg_id=6011

His conclusion after discussing material properties of aluminum and steel:

"If we take all these factors into consideration,the verdict will be that in a collision between these two materials, the aluminum alloy will be crushed like an accordion even if the steel is severed.I consider the severance of the steel by shear an extremely unlikely event for the following reasons.Upon impact, as the aluminum alloy will be deformed at a greater rate than the steel, which will make the aluminum alloy prone to what is called plastic deformation which is irreversible.That deformation will generate heat in the aluminum alloy.Given that the plastic deformation is what is used up in consuming the kinetic energy of the plane, it is quite likely that localized melting of the aluminum alloy will occur.Once that starts no further load transfer to the steel is possible.So, in effect, there is a self limiting mechanism for the deformation of the steel. Because of the disproportionate relative deformations of the steel and the aluminum alloy, one can expect the wings and the engine mounts to sustain enough deformation to detach the engines from their anchors.It is possible that such detached pieces from the aircraft can retain enough residual velocity to emerge out the other end provided the detachment occurred early enough in the collision when the aircraft stll had enough forward momentum."
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Elias is correct Reply with quote

Ningen wrote:
Hello. Thank you for having an open forum.

The Sandia video shows what should have happened. And please consider that a Boeing 747 is much longer, with much longer wings in relation to length, and the Sandia plane was driven straight into the wall on a rail car.

The tennis racket analogy is flawed -- the area of the strings is much less than half the area of the spaces between the strings.

The plane hit steel columns backed by steel and concrete floors. This forms a wall. Even if, as you say, material goes in through windows, what about the part that does not?

Here's a good explanation of why an aluminum plane would not go through steel columns -- the load would not be transmitted to the columns because the sofer aluminum would be destroyed.

http://www.progressiveindependent.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&foru m=218&topic_id=5899&mesg_id=6011

His conclusion after discussing material properties of aluminum and steel:

"If we take all these factors into consideration,the verdict will be that in a collision between these two materials, the aluminum alloy will be crushed like an accordion even if the steel is severed.I consider the severance of the steel by shear an extremely unlikely event for the following reasons.Upon impact, as the aluminum alloy will be deformed at a greater rate than the steel, which will make the aluminum alloy prone to what is called plastic deformation which is irreversible.That deformation will generate heat in the aluminum alloy.Given that the plastic deformation is what is used up in consuming the kinetic energy of the plane, it is quite likely that localized melting of the aluminum alloy will occur.Once that starts no further load transfer to the steel is possible.So, in effect, there is a self limiting mechanism for the deformation of the steel. Because of the disproportionate relative deformations of the steel and the aluminum alloy, one can expect the wings and the engine mounts to sustain enough deformation to detach the engines from their anchors.It is possible that such detached pieces from the aircraft can retain enough residual velocity to emerge out the other end provided the detachment occurred early enough in the collision when the aircraft stll had enough forward momentum."

Which are theoretical excuses for what didn't happen in the face of 3.24 million KJ of force applied in slightly over one millisecond.

The likely result likely was as you say in reference to the Scandia test the mutual destructuion of aircraft and outer wall, with the concrete floor pans deflected out of the equation.

What is being omitted is the bearing of structural strength - and what that structure contains - on the matter, and instead solely concentrating on material strength alone (unconvincingly I might add).

I bet your man would have the same plastic deformation excuse to hand while explaining to a Shuttle crew member how that flake of paint didn't just come through the windscreen and was letting the atmosphere vent to space.

It's them or us.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how these threads end up . . .

The only question is:

Who is actually playing tag?

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A laymans view
All the "technical" evidence of No Planes at WTCs , TV fakery etc just seems to confuse me and doesnt convince me (perhaps its meant to do that).

I would hazard a guess that most 9/11 truthers would agree that no Boeing hit Pentagon

I would hazard a guess that opinions are more equally divided about Shanksville plane

I would hazard a guess that NPT for WTCs is in a minority. Even though more might be convinced it was a plane but not a commercial boeing

IMO No plane theory at Pentagon is true because the CCTV footage would clearly reveal if TV fakery of an actual Boeing hitting it was tried on

One way to discredit the truth of no plane at Pentagon is to come up with a "NPT" for the WTCs. Mix lies with truth and you corrupt the lot .

Prof Judy Wood doesnt seem that convinced either as links to NPT are tucked away on her site which is not surprising when you read Morgan Reynolds take on it. He wants to use eye witness testimonies that say they didnt see a boeing BUT did see some other type of plane to support a No Plane Theory.. bit crazy ??

http://nomoregames.net/index.php?page=911&subpage1=plane_trick_wtc2

Just another quickie. If TV fakery was used we must be talking about clever people so why would they have planes flying in their fakery at speeds that they supposedly couldnt achieve at the altitude. If you were going to fake it surely you would get the plane speed correct? Just playing devils advocate here!

Ace Baker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chek,

You're ignoring what I have termed "the force paradox". In order to claim that 3.7 million J of KE hit the wall of the tower, you must consider the mass of the aircraft as one solid object. So far so good.

But that means that the same force is applied to the airplane, in the opposite direction. Since you are considering the mass as one object, the force will spread through that object, and show up somewhere as bending, twisting breaking, of the aircraft. The aircraft was not designed to withstand anywhere near that kind of KE. Such is not observed.

On the other hand, you might reason that the airplane is more like a constellation of separate objects, because it is so weakly connected. This could indeed explain why individual parts of the plane could atomize, without slowing down the rest of the plane. However, in that case, you would not consider the total mass of the airplane, you would only consider the small mass each individual impacting part.

You see? You're trying to have it both ways.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace Baker wrote:
Chek,

You're ignoring what I have termed "the force paradox". In order to claim that 3.7 million J of KE hit the wall of the tower, you must consider the mass of the aircraft as one solid object. So far so good.

But that means that the same force is applied to the airplane, in the opposite direction. Since you are considering the mass as one object, the force will spread through that object, and show up somewhere as bending, twisting breaking, of the aircraft. The aircraft was not designed to withstand anywhere near that kind of KE. Such is not observed.

On the other hand, you might reason that the airplane is more like a constellation of separate objects, because it is so weakly connected. This could indeed explain why individual parts of the plane could atomize, without slowing down the rest of the plane. However, in that case, you would not consider the total mass of the airplane, you would only consider the small mass each individual impacting part.

You see? You're trying to have it both ways.

This is interesting for two reasons.

The first - as in the Keith affair - is your parroting of concepts apparently beyond your understanding which you actually touch on, though without recognizing them (hint: investigate the point(s) of impact and weakest links further)

and secondly:

the source of your attempted 'debunking', which as gruts has pointed out in his posts about various groupings on many occasions;
"Group C - people who swamp the internet with illogical and irrational claims about the OCT which are repeatedly shown to be bogus, while simultaneously attacking Group B at every possible opportunity (and portraying any attempt by Group B to disagree with them as a sign that they're "working for the perps", "shills", "truthlings", "planehuggers" etc).
in this case, 911M working in concert with the "sinister" (guffaw) JREF.

You have to laugh, really you do.

It's them or us.
Ace Baker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Chek address my argument?
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace Baker wrote:
Did Chek address my argument?

You don't have an argument - just an analogy you parroted from JREF.

It's them or us.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaps.

Ace Baker has agreed to a debate on the terms stated.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to proceed?

Or if to proceed?

Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, the best place to start is for Ace to separate out the evidence body for NPT and then make a separate thread of each - clearly outlining his evidence with as much citation as possible.

He can designate a Debate thread by using the prefix Debate: before his chosen title.

Keep the titles objective and clinical if possible.

Two people per thread - so the first oponent to respond to each carries that debate - if others want to support ace or his opponent - do so by PM or email.

Civility is key on a debate thread. No ad hominem. All questions answered and all evidence attended to.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to post this at the top of each post so new comers don't mistakenly plough in on a "Debate" thread?

Peace and Truth
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Chaps.

Ace Baker has agreed to a debate on the terms stated.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to proceed?

Or if to proceed?

First things first: has anyone agreed to debate Ace Baker?

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you ask a question that you know the answer to John?
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Stefan I hadn't realised you'd responded.

I'm not taking part in the debate so whatever you chaps agree . . .

Ace Baker wrote:
I told Mark I'd be willing to participate in a debate, depending on the actual debate topic.

I would suggest this:

"UA flight 175, a Boeing 767 impacted the South Tower on 9/11".

I'd certainly debate the negative position on that.

I'd also suggest that only people willing to use their real names, and real credentials, be considered. I for one am fed up with anonymous internet personalities making unaccountable assertions.

Good luck finding a video FX person to defend the official story. Eric Salter is the only one I know of who has openly supported the plane theory. Perhaps he'll do it, but I suspect he is quite afraid of debating me.

Do we have any support for this proposal?

Are there any issues that might need to be negotiated?

I'm thinking there may be a sticking point here?

A stopper?

I read it as a suggestion. I could be wrong of course . . .

Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace is his real name? His parents must have hated him...

Peace and Truth
Ningen
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ace is his real name? His parents must have hated him..."

Please stick to substance, Stefan.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Stefan's point is substantive.

We are invited to believe that Alexander 'ace' ( or as I find more fitting, 'arse') Baker is a real person with a real name.

Yet strangely, the only other person I've ever heard wittering about 'accountability' with respect to 911 is Indubitably/Roadrunner/Philadelphia and now 'Baker' - who guess what? - has been accused of being that well-known rodent, Philadelphia.

'Baker' may claim the 'real' name highground, but it's never been conceded.

It's them or us.
Ningen
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chek said:

" (hint: investigate the point(s) of impact and weakest links further)"

Could you please explain? Thank you.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ningen wrote:
Chek said:

" (hint: investigate the point(s) of impact and weakest links further)"

Could you please explain? Thank you.

I not only could but I no doubt at some point will.
But I think it's only fair to give the "ace" a chance to clarify the 'argument' he thinks he's making first.

In the meantime, I'm still keenly interested in your definition of 'impossible physics' waiting on this thread: http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=12248&start=30

It's them or us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: