FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icke to contest Hull by-election
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Icke to contest Hull by-election Reply with quote

Cast your vote as to whether be involved or not here
Icke to contest bye-election

The following notice has appeared on David Icke's website:

WOULD YOU SUPPORT DAVID ICKE TO STAND IN THE UPCOMING UK PARLIAMENTARY BY-ELECTION CALLED TO DEFEND CIVIL LIBERTIES AGAINST BIG BROTHER?

He will stand under the title ‘Big Brother – The Big Picture’ if there is enough organisational and financial support to do a professional job in the short time we have to get this together.

If you wish to help please email Justin Walker at ... Jrgwalker@aol.com

To see how urgent it is to take action now see the Big Brother research archive.

We need help from all quarters, and especially in or near the constituency of Haltemprice and Howden.

If this is going to happen we need to move real fast.

And in a further article David Icke writes:

DEFEND CIVIL LIBERTIES AGAINST BIG BROTHER?

This week the Conservative Party Home Affairs Spokesman, David Davis, resigned his parliamentary seat in the constituency of Haltemprice and Howden, which includes Hull in the east to the outskirts of Goole in the west and northwards to Holme-on-Spalding-Moor.

Davis resigned in protest at the fast-emerging Big Brother State (which I have warned was coming for the last nearly 20 years). The final straw for Davis was the passing recently of a law that allows the authorities to hold ‘terrorist suspects’ for 42 days without charge. He resigned and will seek to return to Parliament in this by-election next month on the issue of the Big Brother society.

Britain’s other major political parties, the Liberal Democrats and the governing Labour Party of Tony Blair and current Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, have announced that they won’t be standing against him. The Liberals say they are doing this because they support his stand and the Labour Party say they won’t put up a candidate because the election is 'a farce’. For ‘a farce’ read: ‘We know we would get slaughtered because of the massive scale of public opinion against the gathering Big Brother state.’

David Davis

If I stood, it would not be against Davis as such because I have no wish to be elected to Parliament and get stuck in that irrelevant web of deceit and corruption. I couldn’t take my seat anyway because I would never go through the pathetic ritual of pledging my ‘allegiance’ to the Queen.

I would be supporting the stand of Davis against the Orwellian State and I would want him to win the seat and let him be a voice against the Big Brother society in Parliament.

There is an enormous amount of what David Davis stands for on other issues that I fundamentally disagree with, but this is a time for all colours, creeds, backgrounds and views to unite on something that affects ALL of us – the tearing down of the most basic freedoms.

And if people think they live in a Big Brother Police State now, they have seen nothing yet.

So why am I open to standing in the election with Davis?

Because this election, with its mainstream media coverage, can be a platform to gain publicity for the big picture behind the Big Brother State – which I have been highlighting and warning about in my books and public talks for nearly 20 years.

David Davis has seen one level of it and blames the Labour government for destroying civil liberties in Britain. But it is bigger than that, much bigger. The same is happening in countries worldwide at the same time because it is centrally and globally coordinated, as I have been exposing and detailing for two decades.

The UK Labour government is just the vehicle for introducing it in the UK, that’s all.

I will stand IF there is enough physical and financial support to do a professional job. Otherwise there is no point. The maximum any candidate can spend on the three to four weeks campaigning is £100,000 and David Davis will be spending at least the best part of that.

I would do it with a fraction of that figure because I am not trying to get elected – just get essential information into the public arena.

Yes, of course, the mainstream media would ridicule me, but so what’s new? I would not be doing it for them, nor to win a popularity contest, but for those who have ears to hear and children and grandchildren to protect from the nightmare world that is unfolding unless we make a stand now.

Please contact Justin Walker at Jrgwalker@aol.com if you are prepared to help and if the response is there we will launch our financial appeal within a few days and off we go.

Best wishes,

David

Cast your vote as to whether to be involved or not
here

Last edited by paul wright on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting move!

This will set the party apparachiks scratching their weasel heads.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icke has made it clear. He supports David Davis on this issue.
It will certainly make it interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOULD YOU SUPPORT DAVID ICKE TO STAND IN THE UPCOMING UK PARLIAMENTARY BY-ELECTION CALLED TO DEFEND CIVIL LIBERTIES AGAINST BIG BROTHER?

See http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/14054/82/

Vote in advance here

Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone living in or very near to Hull who would like to help David with this unique opportunity to get the 'Big Picture' out whilst operating outside the box? Unless we get a small team operating up there to support David, this initiative won't happen. If you can help email me at jrgwalker@aol.com

Thanks

Justin

jfk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this some kind of joke!
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
unfortunately not

Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.davidicke.com/content/blogcategory/30/48/

Tuesday, 24 June 2008
Making it clear

I want to make it clear one more time because a few people have still got the wrong impression. I am not putting my name forward in the upcoming by-election because I want to win and nor do I have any chance of winning. I will get a few votes at most in the time we have. Personally I am not in the least bothered if I get zero.

It is not about that. It is about taking an opportunity in a by-election called by the sitting MP on the subject of 'Big Brother' to make the point that this is far, far bigger than even he realises and unless we see the BIG picture of what is going on nothing effective can be done to stop it.
We can sit on our bums and moan, or we can do what we don't want to do (as with me in this case) to communicate what people need to know as effectively as we can.

best wishes,

David

Cheques can be made out to The David Icke Election Fund and sent to:

David Icke Election Fund,
Suite 1,
185a High Street,
Ryde,
Isle of Wight
PO33 2PN

We need help from all quarters, and especially in or near the constituency of Haltemprice and Howden, close to the city of Hull.

Watch David Icke.com for updates.

Read more ...

http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/14120

Please contact Justin Walker at Jrgwalker@aol.com if you are prepared to offer physical help.

Yes, of course, the mainstream media will ridicule me, but so what's new? I am not doing it for them, nor to win a popularity contest, nor even an election.

I am doing it for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see and children and grandchildren to protect from the nightmare world that is unfolding unless we make a stand now.

best wishes,

David
Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donation sent.

Good Luck David.
Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday, 26 June 2008
ELECTION UPDATE

David Icke: Big Brother - The Big Picture

What is being achieved in the just three or fours days since I decided to stand is simply fantastic and we are getting the organisation and support together at miraculous speed against all the odds.

Thanks to everyone who is helping physically and financially all over the UK and indeed the world. What human energy can achieve when it is unleashed and focused.

best wishes,

David
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of "interesting moves" a new PRO 42 day detention candidate has been found...

(Reposts from yours truly)

Quote:
It looks like "they" have found themselves a candidate to back 42 detention

Its because of rapists

Everyone knows that once you arrest someone on suspicion of Rape, you need at least 42 days without charging them or accusing them of anything whilst denying them any access to legal support from or contact with the outside world in order to make that stick. Evidence cant be cooked up overnight you know, and has nothing to do with "probable cause" before actually nicking someone in the first place. Really, 42 day detention is all about Rapists, not Terrorists

Dont believe me?

Check this:
Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7472980.stm

Rape campaigner by-election bid

Rape law campaigner Jill Saward says she is considering standing against David Davis - the Tory MP whose resignation sparked a by-election.

Ms Saward was raped at her Ealing vicarage home in 1986. Her father, then vicar of Ealing, and boyfriend were badly hurt in the attack by burglars.

Ms Saward, who has waived her right to anonymity, accused Mr Davis of having nothing to say about sexual violence.

He quit his Haltemprice and Howden seat to stand up for civil liberties.

The 59-year-old ex-SAS man said he hoped the move would begin a debate on Labour's 42-day terror detention limit.

But Ms Saward said in an article on her website that victims of sexual crime should come before suspected terrorists.

She also argues that the national DNA database should be extended rather than scrapped.

"Mr Davis thinks that by forcing a by-election he is standing up for British justice," she said.

"In reality he is attempting to strike a hammer blow through the very tools the police need to keep us safe.

"When a shadow home secretary says nothing at all about such an important issue as sexual violence which affects thousands of people each year; and then resigns over an issue of limited pre-charge detention which may not affect anybody at all - then somebody's got their priorities wrong and somebody needs to get the issue of rape onto the agenda."

Nominations to close

Ms Saward's identity and address are protected under the Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act, but she has waived anonymity rights in regards to her name, but not her address.

She says she will announce whether she will stand on Thursday, before nominations close at 1600 BST.

The by-election is due to be held on 10 July. Labour and the Liberal Democrats have decided not to stand against him.

Doesnt it just go to show who these laws are really designed for?

ANYONE AND EVERYONE

Quote:
Quote:
http://www.saward.org/

STOP PRESS: 1430Hrs, Thursday 26th June

Well, it's now official. Or rather it will be at 4.00pm this afternoon when the Acting Returning Officer makes his declaration about the final list of candidates. I have secured my nomination for the by-election. Now the hard work begins. A long drive home followed by a weekend of rest, reflection, prayers and planning await prior to a full campaign launch next week. Thanks for your support so far and please keep it up!

So there definately is a pro 42 days campainger standing

Its an unexpected play for sure, but ultimately a useful one becuase it shows that these laws are not safe and can be used against anyone if people thinking like Jill Saward have their way

Look at how many rape trials fall apart when it becomes obvious people have become falsely accused! But what couldnt someone be forced into confessing when there are 42 days to work on them? And thats 42 days where there is no need to look for another suspect AND no need to produce any evidence against them: 42 days for the trail to grow cold and no replacement for proper policework in the first place

Obviously the potential for abuse is huge, but equally the reality that this would do nothing whatsoever to improve conviction rates for Rape

However, what we have here is the good old emotional blackmail card: its playing on the publics sympathies to even think about confronting the stance of a Rape campaigner just as its appealing to the lowest denominator knee jerk reaction to stand on a "Sod yer rights if it bangs up rapists" ticket

Quote:
And here is Jill Saward's "pro" argument:

Quote:
“True Liberty”
Victims of sexual crime should come before suspected terrorists
by Jill Saward, 24th June 2008

The Tories are not renowned for wasting public money. So it is something of a surprise that a leading Conservative Member of Parliament should resign his seat and force a by-election at a cost of tens of thousands of pounds just so he can have a debate about an issue which the House of Commons has already debated and decided upon.

Why would anybody want to stand as a Member of Parliament if they are not prepared to accept the will of parliament when it makes a decision? So David Davis’ actions in causing a by-election in Haltemprice and Howden are unusual, to say the least.

But they are also deeply, deeply disturbing. Because David Davis isn’t only concerned about the possibility that a small number of suspected terrorists may be detained for up to 42 hours, with safeguards, while the police are allowed to investigate - he’s also concerned about great swathes of other public protection measures.

Anybody who has seen television programmes showing footage obtained by Closed Circuit Television Cameras will be concerned that what was introduced for public safety is being abused. Safeguards can, and must, be put into place to ensure that CCTV is used solely for what it was intended - crime prevention and detection.

But David Davis wants to abolish it. It is part of what he calls a “long list of repressive measures” introduced over the last decade.

Another “erosion of British liberty” is the national DNA database. According to David Davis, neither this, nor the other security measures he now fights against, will make us safer. In fact, he describes it as “a myth to believe that we can defend our security by sacrificing our fundamental freedoms.”

David Davis appears to be very concerned about “British liberty.” But what does it mean? I want men and women - including children - to be at liberty to walk the streets of our towns and cities without fear of violence in general - and sexual violence in particular; and to feel safe in their own homes and workplaces.

And part of that “British liberty” is to expect the law enforcement agencies to use every tool at their disposal to catch the people responsible for the attack - and to never give up.

The National DNA Database has done just that. There have been numerous occasions when rapists have been convicted years after the attack - simply because, when the trail and investigation had gone cold, the DNA profile of the attacker had been retained. And when the rapist had been arrested years later, for something completely unrelated - the routine DNA test had provided a match.

Surely this is a good thing? This ensures our freedom, and our liberty. But Mr Davis wants to do away with it. If anything we should be expanding the national DNA database so that everybody’s DNA is on it.

DNA can rule people out of investigations as well as pointing the finger.

And CCTV - while not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, is a valuable tool in the fight against crime. Just about every Magistrates and Crown Court in the country is now equipped to view CCTV footage. How many people have been convicted of all sorts of crimes thanks to the availability of CCTV?

Mr Davis thinks that by forcing a by election he is standing up for British Justice. In reality he is attempting to strike a hammer blow through the very tools the police need to keep us safe.

He claims that his decision to force a costly and meaningless by-election was driven by the ”draconian infringement of the citizen’s fundamental freedom not to be held in police detention for prolonged periods without being informed of the charges against him” - he calls this a “watershed in the erosion of British liberty.”

But in reality, this new law, if it completes its Parliamentary passage, would apply to a very, very few individuals, if any at all. There are so many safeguards and provisos built into it that you have to wonder whether anybody will ever be affected by it.

And yet at the same time, the issue of rape and sexual violence is something that affects the freedoms and liberties of thousands upon thousands of people - mainly women - each year. So you would assume that as Shadow Home Secretary, David Davis would have had something to say on the subject.

You’d be wrong!

A search on the Parliamentary website shows that David Davis only contribution in the House on rape is to ask four written questions about statistics.

So, maybe he used these statistics in campaigns elsewhere?

Again, you’d be wrong!

A search on the Conservative Party’s website produces only two results for “rape” (three if you count a “webcameron” version and a text version of the same item as separate). And David Davis, Shadow Home Secretary, has nothing to say on either of them.

One of the references is the interim report of the police task force. And apart from claiming that rape is not included in the British Crime Survey, contains nothing by way of recommendations to reduce the number of rapes or to increase the number of convictions.

The other mention is a speech by David Cameron in which he cites statistics from the same British Crime Survey (the one that the Conservatives say doesn’t include rapes) to state that “one in twenty adult women in the UK have been the victim of a rape.”

Apart from contradicting his own party’s report on police reform, David Cameron’s speech was full of warm words and helpful sympathy - but very little in the way of concrete action or delivery.

Now, here’s a little quandary.

David Davis wants to debate “British Liberties” on the basis of the 42 day pre-charge detention, national DNA database and the use of CCTV. But neither Labour nor the Lib Dems want to debate these issues through a phoney by-election.

And why should they? The House of Commons is the place MPs debate issues such as this.

But why should David Davis be allowed to set the terms of the phoney debate? We need a challenger to David Davis who will debate the issue of sexual crime and to force the issue onto the political agenda.

I’m not usually supportive of single issue candidates. I’m not sure what difference they can make. But David Davis wants a debate - so let him have one!

We need somebody to stand in the by election who will champion the rights of women and men not to have their bodies violated.

We need somebody to stand in the by election who will force MPs and politicians of all parties to pay serious attention to this issue.

And we need somebody to stand in this by election who will say the national DNA database and CCTV are good things - just ask those victims who have seen their attacker jailed for proof.

I’m not a politician. And I’m not normally party politically motivated or aligned to any political party. But when a shadow home secretary says nothing at all about such an important issue as sexual violence which affects thousands of people each year; and then resigns over an issue of limited pre-charge detention which may not affect anybody at all - then somebody’s got their priorities wrong and somebody needs to get the issue of rape onto the agenda.

There are just two days to go before nominations close in the Haltemprice and Howden by election. I’ve yet to decide whether my name will appear on the ballot paper.

But I’m considering it.

Let Jill know what you think - email jill@saward.org and let her know whether you would support her standing in the Haltemprice and Howden by-election

Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday, 26 June 2008
ELECTION UPDATE

Come and support David at a free public meeting on Sunday, July 6th

David will be speaking for an hour and a half and then taking questions at a public meeting in the Haltemprice and Howden Constituency between 1.30pm and 4pm on Sunday, July 6th at the following venue:

Willerby Manor Hotel,
Well Lane
Willerby East
Yorkshire HU10 6ER

There are no tickets to secure, just turn up, it's a large room. We have timed the meeting and day so people can come from distance.

Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday, 27 June 2008
ELECTION UPDATE

David Icke invites Conservative candidate David Davis to a debate on Big Brother

Dear David,

I commend you on your stand against the Big Brother State, which I have been warning about in great detail for the last nearly 20 years in ten books, now in 16 languages, and public lectures all over the world.

This research has so far taken me to 45 countries and what is happening in Britain and the world today can be found in my books going back to the early 1990s.

I note that you decided to stand to have a public debate on these issues and as a fellow candidate in this election (who has neither any hope, nor any desire to win) I offer you a public debate at a location in the constituency during this campaign.

It can be at a time and venue of your choice, or we can make the arrangements and cover the costs.

I am inviting you to an informed discussion about what is behind the global Big Brother State because this is not just about the authoritarian and arrogant Labour government. It is happening everywhere at the same time.

Why?

And who is behind it?

We owe it to our children and grandchildren, as well as ourselves, to highlight the agenda for human enslavement and I hope that you will agree to a public discussion on these issues.

best wishes,

David Icke

Sent today to David Davis via the Haltemprice and Howden Conservative headquarters.

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As well as a candidate from the Green Party and Mad Cow Girl from The Official Monster Raving Loony Party there will be a rival from the Church of The Militant Elvis Party as well as the current Miss Great Britain.

Icke will be in good company on the ballot paper. Laughing Wink

Good Luck Mr Icke of the Robots Rebellion Party

A good showing will be a short head behind the Greens I think.

Any more bets please.

I smell a Pythonesque sketch coming up

Link

paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Python team is a treasure and is about right about the political game
The media have/will hold this on that level
My opinion is that even with so little time left, this election could be the only serious one in British history
I suspect that Icke may get more votes than he's expecting
People in general hate what's going on. If Icke could capture that feeling,(with his universal love thing of course) then he could start the turnaround
I'm very pleased he's doing this

Moz
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,
I agree with Monsieur Wright.
This is bloody great!
It's so important!
and,
I hope the voting for Ickey in that constituency goes ultra super mental!

OK;
Not even attempting to predict an outcome either/any way.

I just feel it's right, and great for this moment.

THE NOW!

Peace by peace x x x
Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was a week I'm not going to forget in a hurry. Over 600 emails came to me supporting David's candidature. We've raised nearly £7,000, we've got 45,000 leaflets printed (going out via the Royal Mail free of charge into every constituency home), as well as T shirts, stickers and posters. David will be running the second highest profile campaign out of the 26 candidates.

However, two notes of caution. Firstly, the national media will be largely ignoring this By-election altogether (and we all know why - David will be telling the controlled media the TRUTH)......and secondly, don't expect a large number of votes as David is telling people he is not bothered as to how many votes he gets, but that the message concerning the real truth gets out. Remember, David and other REAL truthers don't give a fig about childish party politics and the silly charade that goes to make up our socalled democratic process. When the changes come as people wake up, there will be different and more mature ways for decent people to live and run their lives. It's all change!

Anyway, if any one wants to get involved, please go to www.davidicke.com for a daily update. We could certainly do with supporters in the constituency next weekend to help with a mass lobby of the electorate as well as David's talk on the Sunday (July 6).

spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Appalled at some candidates.. Reply with quote

Well done David Icke, Justin and the rest of the team. My modest donation for the fighting fund has been sent today.

As regards the attitudes of one or two of the other candidates standing, I am appalled at the attitude of Jill Saward. I do understand how traumatic she must have found her rape ordeal to be. But does this justify the rights and freedoms of every citizen in this country being taken away and the state intruding into every part of my life, including my relinquishing that fundamental part of me, that which makes me, and every living being, unique, my DNA? No, it does not, and neither does the suspicion of this farcical 'terrorism' fairytale which we are all brainwashed into believing, with fanatical Arabs with their chapati flour and hydrogen peroxide lurking under every bed and in every cupboard.

We used to hold our heads up with pride at our justice system, until Blair, and now bottler Brown and his cronies, started to thieve our rights. Now the politicians, police and justice system should hang their heads in shame.

I also suspect that the mainstream media will largely ignore the run up to this election. I've already had some harsh words with Nick Robinson, political correspondent of the BBC over his coverage, especially in the days when David Davis first resigned (e-mail Nick.Robinson01@bbc.co.uk if you also wish to make your point).

Let's see what transpires.
Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Icke is on the James Whale Show tonight at 9pm talking about his stand in the 'Big Brother' By-Election and the latest news.

Click here to listen ...

http://www.whaleworld.uk.eu.org/listen.html

David Davis apparently not interested in debating Big Brother with David Icke

david_davis

David Davis MP, who commendably called a by-election to stand on the issue of the Big Brother State in Britain, has ignored David Icke's invitation to debate the bigger picture of the global Big Brother State and who and what is behind the same Orwellian transformation unfolding in country after country at the same time.

Why would someone who said he wanted to force a debate about Big Brother not wish to discuss the issues with a fellow candidate who was warning in great detail nearly two decades ago about the coming of the very Orwellian dictatorship that Mr. Davis now complains about?

This is the email of the Haltemprice and Howden Conservative Party, through which the invitation was made to Mr. Davis: conservative@haltemprice.karoo.co.uk

David Icke: Big Brother - The BIG Picture

TetraGrammatonCleric
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent, i'll be tuning in tonight - thanks for the heads up.
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda wrote:
avis

Why would someone who said he wanted to force a debate about Big Brother not wish to discuss the issues with a fellow candidate who was warning in great detail nearly two decades ago about the coming of the very Orwellian dictatorship that Mr. Davis now complains about?

Possibly because like a lot of people Mr Davis doesnt find this reptilian business very credible

paul wright

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:

Possibly because like a lot of people Mr Davis doesnt find this reptilian business very credible

David Davis couldnt find it in the small hardened quagmire of his heart to answer to the expansive DI. And the latter knew full well that he couldn't when issuing the challenge
If it were to have been a battle, it would have been between completely different consciousnesses

paul wright

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent energised news conference held today with attendance from the Beeb, Daily Mail and Yorkshire Post amongst other meeja.
Highly concise (for David) summary of the situation and the reason for his standing.
Very good-humoured group of activists met around organisation of the 'campaign'.
I was unable to stay for the infiltration of Cameron's election address which was occurring later in the afternoon in the constituency, and haven't yet heard how this went

Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday, 03 July 2008
ELECTION UPDATE

Cameron says Bilderberg Group is nothing at all to worry about

cameron_osborne

David Cameron with his Bilderberg attendee shadow chancellor, George Osborne

David Cameron, the UK Conservative Party leader and probable next Prime Minister, told David Icke supporters at the Haltemprice and Howden 'Big Brother' by-election that the secretive Bilderberg Group has no sinister agenda and 'if it was that important I would want to be there'.

Cameron, who was campaigning in the constituency with his candidate, David Davis, was responding to questions about his shadow chancellor, George Osborne, who attended the recent Bilderberg meeting in the United States.

All this confirms the need for David Icke to stand and make the point that David Davis, who says he has forced the by-election to protest at the Brother State, is talking about a fraction of what 'Big Brother' really means and its vast and global nature.

Mr. Davis was asked by David Icke supporters why he has refused to debate these issues with David Icke when Davis said he wanted the by-election to be a debate on the Big Brother State.

The jury is still out on whether Mr. Davis genuinely wants to expose and challenge Big Brother, or whether there is a quite different agenda going on here.

election

Wednesday, 02 July 2008

UPDATE - PLEASE NOTE

Thank you so much for all your support with the election fund and near-miracles have been achieved in a ridiculously short time which otherwise would not have been possible.

But we now have enough to do the job that we set out to do and we no longer need donations to the election fund.

Thanks again, you have been magnificent as usual.

best wishes,

David

Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday, 03 July 2008
ELECTION UPDATE

Icke challenges Davis to by-election debate

(Actually it wasn't a 'challenge', it was an invitation)

'Celebrity conspiracy theorist David Icke has invited David Davis to a debate on Britain's so-called Big Brother state. In an exclusive interview with the Mail, Mr Icke said he had written to Mr Davis inviting him to discuss the issues in an “atmosphere of mutual respect” ahead of the Haltemprice and Howden by-election on Thursday, July 10.

Last week, Mr Davis wrote to Hull's Labour MPs and every Cabinet minister, challenging them to a debate on the issue of 42 days' detention for terror suspects, after both Labour and the Liberal Democrats decided not to contest the seat. So far, no one but Mr Icke has come forward to take up the challenge.'

This is from the Hull evening paper, the biggest paper in the Haltemprice and Howden constituency and there is an opportunity here to comment both on this report and the election in general.

Read more ...

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/news/Icke-challenges-Davis-el ection-debate/article-200145-detail/article.html#continueNews

Icke challenges Davis to by-election debate

07:00 - 30-June-2008

Celebrity conspiracy theorist David Icke has invited David Davis to a debate on Britain's so-called Big Brother state.

In an exclusive interview with the Mail, Mr Icke said he had written to Mr Davis inviting him to discuss the issues in an “atmosphere of mutual respect” ahead of the Haltemprice and Howden by-election on Thursday, July 10.

Last week, Mr Davis wrote to Hull's Labour MPs and every Cabinet minister, challenging them to a debate on the issue of 42 days' detention for terror suspects, after both Labour and the Liberal Democrats decided not to contest the seat.

So far, no one but Mr Icke has come forward to take up the challenge.

Mr Icke, 55, famously ridiculed on Terry Wogan's television chat show after claiming he was the son of God, told the Mail: “If David Davis wants a public debate on the issues, then I will give him a debate on the issues.

“I am not challenging him to a debate because I am not in the business of ya-boo politics, plus I also agree with him on the basics.

“But I am asking for a debate in the constituency so that the issues can be debated – not in a 'me against you' situation, but in an atmosphere of mutual respect.”

The former footballer and BBC sports presenter, who is standing in the by-election under the banner Big Brother – The Big Picture, said: “If he doesn't accept my invitation, I shall be rather taken aback because no other party is giving it to him and I am someone who has done research on this issue in 42 countries.”

Mr Icke, whose views are thought to have the backing of pop singer Robbie Williams, claims to agree with Mr Davis on the issue of 42 days and even hopes the former shadow home secretary “wins by a landslide”.

But he claims Mr Davis' position does not go far enough and the creeping surveillance state has become a global issue.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/news/Icke-challenges-Davis-el ection-debate/article-200145-detail/article.html#continueNews
Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video of David Icke's Media Conference In 'Big Brother' By-Election
hull_press_pic

It was shot on a small camera in not the greatest lighting conditions, but what was said is all there. Please post and share far and wide, short of spamming.

Many thanks.

Click here to watch ...

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-972704915352925347
Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Icke banned from 'Big Brother' public meeting with Bob Geldof and David Davis

http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/14317/82/

The ‘Big Brother’ By-Election Is Beginning To Stink

Why are ‘Neocons’ behind the Big Brother State supporting David Davis in his ‘opposition’ to the Big Brother State?

Conservative Member of Parliament, Ed Vaizey, came to the Haltemprice and Howden ‘Big Brother’ by-election campaign to ‘support’ the stance that his colleague David Davis claims to be waging against an Orwellian society.

This is very strange given Vaizey’s background which connects with the very people who are seeking to impose the Big Brother State that he and Davis now say they oppose.

What goes on?

By David Icke

Ed Vaizey, the MP for Wantage and Didcot, is one of the signatories of principles for the Henry Jackson Society, a ‘think tank’ that mirrors the aims and agenda of the Project for the New American Century ‘think tank’ that was the driving and manipulating force behind the ‘war on terror’ and the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq (see The David Icke Guide To The Global Conspiracy for the detailed background).

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC), which interconnects with other Neocon, or ‘neoconservative’, groups like the American Enterprise Institute, published a document in September 2000 called Rebuilding America’s Defences: Strategies, Forces and Resources For A New Century.

This laid out a plan for invasion of target countries that was instigated by the Bush administration which was peopled by the very architects behind the document. These included Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz who were fundamental players in the imposition of the ‘war on terror’ that has been used to justify the Orwellian transformation we are experiencing.

President Bush’s famous speech about the ‘Axis of Evil’ in which he named Iraq, Iran and North Korea was written by David Frum, a Neocon at the American Enterprise Institute. The speech came straight from the pages of the Project for the New American Century document.

Also, the document said that this plan could not be instigated in a short time frame without ‘some catastrophic and catalyzing event-like a new Pearl Harbor’. This came, right on time, with the attacks of 9/11, which Bush called ‘Our Pearl Harbor’.

From that moment, justified by 9/11, the plans detailed in the PNAC document were rapidly unleashed with the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, the targeting of Iran, and the ‘war on terror’ in general.

Which brings us to the ‘Big Brother’ by-election.

The Big Brother State that Ed Vaizey now claims to oppose in his support of fellow Conservative, David Davis, has been justified by the very war on terror that was instigated by members of the very Henry Jackson Society that Vaizey has been promoting from its creation in 2005.

This makes no sense whatsoever, unless the ‘Big Brother’ by-election, triggered when sitting MP David Davis resigned and sought re-election on the issue of the Big Brother State, is a scam and a sham.

The Henry Jackson Society is based at Peterhouse College at Cambridge University and is named after the American Democratic senator who was a prime inspiration of the Neocon movement through organisations like the Project for the New American Century and the American Enterprise Institute, so widely exposed in my books.

http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/14317/82/
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Tell me Icke filmed this!

Quote:
David Davis doesn’t want a real debate on the Orwellian State – he wants a controlled one that's only on his terms with safe people like Tony Benn and Bob Geldof.

The basis on which this by-election was called – to have an open debate on the Big Brother State – is a blatant misrepresentation of what is actually happening.

Today, David Icke attended the Hull Guildhall with a resident from the Haltemprice and Howden constituency, with tickets booked through the local Conservative Party in her name, to see the presentation of David Davis and Bob Geldof on 'civil liberties'.

The resident was told, as was everyone else, that this was a public debate open to anyone so long as they had a ticket booked. The event was advertised as such on the David Davis website.

But as soon as the David Davis minders saw David Icke everything changed. Suddenly it was a ‘private’ event that only invited people could attend. This was an outrageous untruth.

David Icke, as someone who was warning about the coming Big Brother State before either of today’s speakers had even heard of it, simply wanted to listen to what they had to say, but was not allowed even though he had a ticket.

Davis said he called this by-election to have a public debate on these issues, yet won’t even allow the world’s most prolific writer on the subject to sit in an audience and listen to him. So Big Brother steps in to stop David Icke attending a meeting called to ‘challenge Big Brother’.

You couldn't make it up.
This Sunday, at the Willerby Manor Hotel, Willerby, near Hull, anyone can come to David Icke’s public meeting. See the details on this page.

paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During street canvassing in Cottingham today, activist Kirsty (????) managed to pin David Davis down in a church, and questioned his knowledge on Bilderberg, the Grovers and suchlike. Davis claimed ignorance of course, but undertook to examine evidence received on the subject.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wright wrote:
During street canvassing in Cottingham today, activist Kirsty (????) managed to pin David Davis down in a church, and questioned his knowledge on Bilderberg, the Grovers and suchlike. Davis claimed ignorance of course, but undertook to examine evidence received on the subject.

That could be a good oportunity

It would be symbolically profitable to make a photo opportunity of presenting Davis with the bilderberg evidence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: