FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Were explosives in the twin towers for years?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dookie
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Were explosives in the twin towers for years? Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes All of us must have had some really good thought out answers to questions that we have asked the blind and ignorant. But top this if you can! I was talking to a few customers in my pub as we were watching Loose Change (again)! When one bright individual serving in HM Forces said, "The towers do look like they are exploding on there way down, but the builders might have put explosives in them when they built them, as skyscrapers only have a 30 year or so shelf life and it would make it easier to demolish them when there time is up"! Shocked
And no, I am not making that up. Nice to know the forces still have a good screening programme. I am still avoiding him in case of any more deep insights.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dookie.

Sounds like a great pub.

Maybe there's an idea here. Perhaps we should be going round and giving free copies to pub landlords to show to their customers? It would certainly get those customers talking.
How come we've not thought of that before? Yes. I will start on the local hostelries this very week.

Good story too. Yes, it is surprising what people will come out with isn't it?

Why just yesterday a few of us were talking to a well-known journalist. He said 'Yes, that building 7 collapse really is a bit funny but it can't have been an inside job because the world just doesn't work like that.'

Life is full of surprises. Every day something new.
dookie
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have planted the seeds of doubt in nearly a hundred people by now over the last couple of months. They are even asking me questions and asking for copies of Loose change etc! At last the end of stupid answers comes closer by the day. Watch out you lot in your ivory towers, "The masses are rising" Five pubs near me have a copy and the managers are all hooked!!
Gravy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. New here.

To get a handle on the facts behind the claims in "Loose Change", fans may want to download my "Loose Change Viewer Guide" (.doc file) http://tinyurl.com/epp82 or view the HTML version http://tinyurl.com/jnfp8

For a strong taste of the things the "Loose Change" creators say in interviews, see my compilation "Loose Change" Creators Speak": http://tinyurl.com/s8ouv

Thanks.
Abandoned Ego
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravy wrote:
Hello all. New here.

To get a handle on the facts behind the claims in "Loose Change", fans may want to download my "Loose Change Viewer Guide" (.doc file) http://tinyurl.com/epp82 or view the HTML version http://tinyurl.com/jnfp8

For a strong taste of the things the "Loose Change" creators say in interviews, see my compilation "Loose Change" Creators Speak": http://tinyurl.com/s8ouv

Thanks.

Here my sophisticated analysis of your debunking.

If you were even half as rigorous with finding fault with the "official version" as you were spending what was obviously a copious amount of time picking the errors in loose change, youd probably be sat there until you are extremely old.

I shouldnt wonder thats why you chose the latter path, right ?

Have you looked at that side of things yet ? Or does the sense of foreboding gloom when addressing the complete and utter lie that is the "official" story put you off ?

How about " I watched the first plane fly into the first building ( LIE ) and thought It must have been pilot error " ( sure George)

You saw something that was never shown ? how so George ?

How about the secret service response to letting George sit there reading about Goats with america under attack ?

How about the fact that 7 of the alleged and now all to infamous Hijackers are still alive ?

In fact, if you dont buy Loose Change, what on Earth can you possibly buy about the official story.

Of course, for all its apparent flaws (according to you), at least we arent currently murdering innocents abroad. And loose change hasnt cost one single citizen any of their civil liberties yet.

But of course the "official" lie has.

Sleep well tonight my friend. A strenuous effort to find fault with our questions can be very taxing - As can cognitive dissonance.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh-o people, people, here's another one.

Gravy says he has written this stuff (see links). I very much doubt it. An absolute mountain of depressingly familiar rubbish. Expect him to fill this site's posts with shedloads of this garbage in the coming months.

Like the last 'sceptic' or two he will not be interested in engaging in detailed argument about any particular scientific aspect of 9/11. He will be concentrating on messing us up and putting off newcomers to the site.

I will not be engaging with this creep. Will you? We know the game by now, don't we?
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravy wrote:
Hello all. New here.

Thanks.

Oh dear. I thought you were asking an honest question in that other thread...in your first post...
I wouldnt call you a shill but its obvious why some would. And i think its likely you knew that when you made this post below:

Gravy wrote:
Because I often disagree with them, conspiracy theorists often accuse me, without a shred of evidence, of being a "government shill" or a spy, or of being on some secret payroll. It's happened five times in the last four days. I'd like to know why they do that, but they never have an explanation. Anyone have ideas?

I will read through your hitpiece later. I think i saw your first edition to this which was put together quickly? In order to goto a place they were handing out Loose Change and hand out 'complimentary' info? Perhaps that was someone else.

Anyway, before i check it out would you tell me if you believe the official story?

Heres a thorough debunking of Loose Change 2nd ed from someone who doesnt believe the official story at all and has done much research on the matter.
http://911research.wtc7.net/reviews/loose_change/index.html
Its a solid debunking that will help the LC guys improve their film. I hope yours does as well...
Is that why you made it?

scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 wrote:

Gravy says he has written this stuff (see links). I very much doubt it. An absolute mountain of depressingly familiar rubbish. Expect him to fill this site's posts with shedloads of this garbage in the coming months.

Like the last 'sceptic' or two he will not be interested in engaging in detailed argument about any particular scientific aspect of 9/11. He will be concentrating on messing us up and putting off newcomers to the site.

I will not be engaging with this creep. Will you? We know the game by now, don't we?

Fair point there. After his dishonest first post it is quite likely he didnt write this piece at all. I didnt think of that.
Not a good start when you meet someone and their first words arent honest. I shall also be staying well clear.

Fear and Ignorance (and dishonesty) divides, Love and Truth unites...

Gravy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar wrote:
Gravy wrote:
Hello all. New here.

Thanks.

Oh dear. I thought you were asking an honest question in that other thread...in your first post...
I wouldnt call you a shill but its obvious why some would. And i think its likely you knew that when you made this post below:

Gravy wrote:
Because I often disagree with them, conspiracy theorists often accuse me, without a shred of evidence, of being a "government shill" or a spy, or of being on some secret payroll. It's happened five times in the last four days. I'd like to know why they do that, but they never have an explanation. Anyone have ideas?

And how exactly is that not an honest question? I'd like to know why CTs accuse me of being a government shill, spy, paid agitator, etc. It should be "obvious" to me why they do that? Please explain. By that logic I should accuse all CTs of taking money from al Qaeda. Instead, I try to refrain from making childish, unsupported allegations.

Quote:
Anyway, before i check it out would you tell me if you believe the official story?

Did 19 Arab terrorists attack the U.S. on 9/11? Of course. That's what the evidence says. Do you believe men have been to the moon?

Quote:
http://911research.wtc7.net/reviews/loose_change/index.html
Its a solid debunking that will help the LC guys improve their film. I hope yours does as well...
Is that why you made it?

You should probably read my letter to Avery, Bermas, and Rowe in my "Loose Change Creators Speak" doc first. That covers my motivations best.
Gravy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar wrote:
kbo234 wrote:

Fair point there. After his dishonest first post it is quite likely he didnt write this piece at all. I didnt think of that.
Not a good start when you meet someone and their first words arent honest. I shall also be staying well clear.

Fear and Ignorance (and dishonesty) divides, Love and Truth unites...

Again, please point out what was dishonest about my first post. And I'd like to know why you don't think I wrote those pieces I linked to, if that's not asking too much.
Abandoned Ego
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Naming names. Reply with quote

Quote:
Did 19 Arab terrorists attack the U.S. on 9/11? of course.

Care to name them ? Smile
Gravy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abandoned Ego wrote:
Gravy wrote:
Hello all. New here.

Thanks.

Here my sophisticated analysis of your debunking.

If you were even half as rigorous with finding fault with the "official version" as you were spending what was obviously a copious amount of time picking the errors in loose change, youd probably be sat there until you are extremely old.

I shouldnt wonder thats why you chose the latter path, right ?

Have you looked at that side of things yet ? Or does the sense of foreboding gloom when addressing the complete and utter lie that is the "official" story put you off ?

How about " I watched the first plane fly into the first building ( LIE ) and thought It must have been pilot error " ( sure George)

You saw something that was never shown ? how so George ?

How about the secret service response to letting George sit there reading about Goats with america under attack ?

How about the fact that 7 of the alleged and now all to infamous Hijackers are still alive ?

In fact, if you dont buy Loose Change, what on Earth can you possibly buy about the official story.

Of course, for all its apparent flaws (according to you), at least we arent currently murdering innocents abroad. And loose change hasnt cost one single citizen any of their civil liberties yet.

But of course the "official" lie has.

Sleep well tonight my friend. A strenuous effort to find fault with our questions can be very taxing - As can cognitive dissonance.

If you'll simply point out any claims that Loose Change gets right and I get wrong, I'll be glad to change them No one has done so yet. There are a couple of small errors in my document, but they're not related to claims made in the movie. I've wanted to do an update since May, but I've held off because of all the copyright violation issues they've been going thtough. I didn't want to spend a lot of time on revisions if the video was going to be drastically edited.
Gravy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Naming names. Reply with quote

Abandoned Ego wrote:
Quote:
Did 19 Arab terrorists attack the U.S. on 9/11? of course.

Care to name them ? Smile

I was agreeing with the "official version" there, i.e. the 9/11 Commission Report.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 wrote:

Actually, I know Gravy (well, we've never met face-to-face, but I know his online alias) and he most certainly did write it. If you'd like to address the specifics about any particular scientific aspect of 9/11, I'm fairly certain he will be happy to oblige.

In fact, if the general consensus of this board is that you welcome debate and detailed argument, then I have a number of skeptics of the Inside Job theory who will eagerly engage you, none of whom are link-spammers.

If, on the other hand, this turns out to be like other boards we have engaged with (most notably, the Loose Change forums) then we'll be labelled as shills, confined to the troll zone, and eventually banned.

What do you think? Shall I call them over?
Abandoned Ego
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I dont have a problem with that personally.

What I would emphasise to all of you though is this;

We are currently engaged in a murderous war in Iraq and Afghanistan courtesy of one KNOWN lie ( WMDS), and prior to that the equally ridiculous story of 19 arabs.

Our civil liberties are being eroded by the second courtesy of such nonsensical claim.

Therefore, since no one has been bombed to bits or arrested for protesting due to "Loose Change" , but many have suffered that fate due to "Official" 9/11 and "Official WMDs" - I personally feel that we dont have to answer any anomalies in our story even half as closely as those anomalies given by the "official" story

I would expect the "official conspiracy theorists" to be the ones answering the questions.

Starting with Gravy. I havent read the Kean Commission report . Complete and utter waste of time IMHO.

Although to be fair to the Resident, he does tell the truth very occasionally. When commenting on the Keane commission, in his tongue in cheek voice he said ;

"It reads like a novel, a mystery"

I asked for the 19 names, and he refers me to what I would consider at best as useful toilet paper.

Could you dig those names and photographs out for me please ?

And of course, perhaps you'd like to comment on the quote of Mr Bush who can "remember seeing the first plane hitting the first tower and thinking it must have been pilot error"

Not to mention a mans secret service acting inexplicably in exposing both their president and a school full of children to potential harm given that Hijacked planes were all over the US and The Residents whereabouts were announced 3 days previous to his arrival.

If you want to engage, then feel free - but be prepared to answer accordingly - not offer trite one liners such as - As named by the Keane commission.

Last edited by Abandoned Ego on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
gypsum
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abandoned Ego wrote:

If you want to engage, then feel free - but be prepared to answer accordingly - not offer trite one liners such as - As named by the Keane commission.

Agreed, I'm tired (and I'm sure I'm not alone) of seeing the official theory believers on this forum who only pick specific posts to answer to. It's the usual 'ignore the points that are difficult to answer' tactic that I see on almost every thread about 9/11.

Feel free to bring your fellow official theory believers to this site...it's for everyone. Just be sure to ask them to be prepared to answer a hell of a lot of questions. All of them Smile
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abandoned Ego wrote:
Quote:

I dont have a problem with that personally.

What I would emphasise to all of you though is this;

We are currently engaged in a murderous war in Iraq and Afghanistan courtesy of one KNOWN lie ( WMDS), and prior to that the equally ridiculous story of 19 arabs.

Our civil liberties are being eroded by the second courtesy of such nonsensical claim.

Therefore, since no one has been bombed to bits or arrested for protesting due to "Loose Change" , but many have suffered that fate due to "Official" 9/11 and "Official WMDs" - I personally feel that we dont have to answer any anomalies in our story even half as closely as those anomalies given by the "official" story

I would expect the "official conspiracy theorists" to be the ones answering the questions.

Starting with Gravy. I havent read the Kean Commission report . Complete and utter waste of time IMHO.

Although to be fair to the Resident, he does tell the truth very occasionally. When commenting on the Keane commission, in his tongue in cheek voice he said ;

"It reads like a novel, a mystery"

I asked for the 19 names, and he refers me to what I would consider at best as useful toilet paper.

Could you dig those names and photographs out for me please ?

And of course, perhaps you'd like to comment on the quote of Mr Bush who can "remember seeing the first plane hitting the first tower and thinking it must have been pilot error"

Not to mention a mans secret service acting inexplicably in exposing both their president and a school full of children to potential harm given that Hijacked planes were all over the US and The Residents whereabouts were announced 3 days previous to his arrival.

How can you say that you are seeking answers and seeking the truth and yet refuse to read (note that I do not say "accept") the Commission Report? That's ludicrous. Whatever flaws it has, a tremendous amount of work went into it, and more importantly into the source materials referred to in the endnotes. Aren't you interested--at all--in why the Commission interpreted the events the way they did? You may disagree with their interpretation and their conclusions, but it's hard to argue with their source materials. At least familiarize yourself with the endnotes. Maybe you'll find something they missed.

That said, what leads you to doubt that the 19 men named in the Report and shown on the FBI's website hijacked the four planes on 9/11 as detailed in the official version?

As for Bush's quote, I can't very well speak for him, and I won't defend him. I don't follow what the quote is supposed to reveal, though, and how it supposedly contradicts the official version of the events.

I also can't very well speak for the secret service. We've all seen the tape of Bush sitting there like an idiot while the sky is falling. What we haven't seen is anything that was going on behind the scenes. I expect that the secret service was deeply entrenched at the school and had the place well-secured. I also expect that they were getting regular updates on the situation and that if any planes had gone missing anywhere near Florida, that Bush would have been whisked out in an instant. As it was, it could well be that he was in the most secure place he could be. Why risk bringing him out into the open when you have him safely surrounded by one of the best security details in the world? Ask any security expert--security on the move is vastly more difficult than stationary security.

I'll do my best to answer questions, and I'll also be honest if I can't or if I don't see the relevance.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsum wrote:
Abandoned Ego wrote:

Agreed, I'm tired (and I'm sure I'm not alone) of seeing the official theory believers on this forum who only pick specific posts to answer to. It's the usual 'ignore the points that are difficult to answer' tactic that I see on almost every thread about 9/11.

Feel free to bring your fellow official theory believers to this site...it's for everyone. Just be sure to ask them to be prepared to answer a hell of a lot of questions. All of them Smile

The people inclined to accept my invitation are all aware of burden of proof. We'll do our best to answer your questions.

We're also in agreement that questions are not evidence and that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. So if you make a claim or an insinuation about an Inside Job, for instance, be prepared to offer evidence and answer questions yourselves.

Should be fun!
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is anyone supposed to take a troll who apologises for mass murder seriously? You may as well join Rangers FC forum to tell them how good Celtic are, do you like wasting your time and other people's? Makes you wonder if they're getting paid for it.
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That said, what leads you to doubt that the 19 men named in the Report and shown on the FBI's website hijacked the four planes on 9/11 as detailed in the official version?

Erm .... let me think now.... what was it.... I am sure it is in here somewhere.....
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this...

Omissions:

The Report fails to mention the total collapse of 47-story steel-framed skyscraper Building 7 at 5:20 on the day of the attack.

The Report contains no mention of the interview in which the owner of Building 7 states that he and the Fire Department decided to "pull" Building 7 -- an apparent admission of a conspiracy to destroy the building and its contents.

The Report fails to mention the rapid removal and recycling of the structural steel from the collapsed World Trade Center buildings, even to make excuses for it.

The Report makes no mention of a statement by then-Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to Peter Jennings indicating he had foreknowledge of the collapses: "We were operating out of there when we were told that the World Trade Center was gonna collapse, and it did collapse before we could get out of the building."

The Report contains no mentions of eyewitness accounts of explosions preceding the collapse of South Towers.

The Report fails to mention that George W. Bush's brother, Marvin Bush, and his cousin, Wirt Walker III, were principals in the company that had the contract to provide security for the World Trade Center, Stratesec, nor does it mention the company.

The Report repeats the list of 19 suspects identified by the FBI within days of the attack, while failing to mention that six of them reported themselves alive after the attack.

The Report fails to mention any of the reports of behavior by the alleged hijackers before the attack that belie the official story that they were devout Muslims on a suicide mission for Allah.

The Report fails to mention that the published passenger lists contained no Arab names -- a fact publicized by skeptics of the official story.

The Report fails to ask why the plane that crashed into the Pentagon was not stopped by anti-aircraft missile batteries that presumably ring the building.

The Report fails to mention that no credible footage of the Pentagon attack has been made public, despite public knowledge that the FBI seized footage of the attack from nearby businesses.

The Report does not ask why the Secret Service did not obtain air cover for the President's motorcade from the Sarasota school to the airport, nor for Air Force One, which took off at about 9:54, until about 11:10.

The Report avoids mentioning several reports that government officials and business leaders received warnings and avoided targets of the attacks, including:

A warning by the FBI advising Attorney General John Ashcroft to avoid flying on commercial airlines.
The report that Pentagon officials suddenly canceled travel plans the evening before the attack.
The cancellation of plans by Ariel Sharon to attend an event in New York City on 9/11/01.
A warning to San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown to avoid flying.
The grounding of Salman Rushdie by Scotland Yard.

The Report avoids mentioning a warning received by employees of Odigo hours before the attack.

The Report does not mention that letters with weaponized anthrax were sent to the two most powerful senators attempting to slow the passage of the 9/11/01 attack-predicated USA PATRIOT Act.

The Report states that the Commission was "chartered to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, including preparedness for and the immediate response to the attacks," but fails to mention that it makes no attempt to meet its charter.

Falsehoods

The Report's Notes state: "the interior core of the [Twin Towers] was a hollow steel shaft, in which the elevators and stairwells were grouped." In fact, the core structures were composed of bundles of steel columns numbering 47 and having outside dimensions, in most cases, of 36 by 16 inches and 54 by 22 inches.

The Report states that the "South Tower collapsed in ten seconds," when it actually took about 15 seconds. While one might expect that the Commission would overstate rather than understate the collapse time, the fact that the Commission did not even consider a collapse time within one second of the vacuum free-fall time of 9.2 seconds a problem for the official explanation is evidence that the Commission would endorse that explanation no matter what the facts.

Regarding the failure to promptly move George W. Bush from the known location of the Sarasota classroom, the Report states that "No one in the traveling party had any information during this time that other aircraft were hijacked or missing." Yet, according to evidence assembled by David Griffin, the Secret Service has open lines to the FAA, whose top operations people in the northeast corridor thought that as many as 11 planes had been hijacked. 2

The Report states: "The threat of terrorists hijacking commercial airliners within the United States -- and using them as guided missiles -- was not recognized by NORAD before 9/11." (The Report repeats the assertion three times.) Yet media reports, such as the USA Today article entitled "NORAD had drills of jets as weapons" describe pre-9/11 NORAD drills involving hijacked jetliners crashing into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. 3

The Report states: "The protocols did not contemplate an intercept. They assumed the fighter escort would be discreet, 'vectored to a position five miles directly behind the hijacked aircraft,' where it could perform its mission to monitor the aircraft's flight path." Yet the order referenced by the footnote for this statement (Order 7610.4J: Special Military Operations), states:

7-2-1. FACILITY NOTIFICATION

The FAA hijack coordinator will advise the appropriate center/control tower of the identification of the military unit and location tasked to provide the hijack escort. The center/control tower shall coordinate with the designated NORAD SOCC/ROCC/military unit advising of the hijack aircraft's location, direction of flight, altitude, type aircraft and recommended flight plan to intercept the hijack aircraft. The center/control tower shall file the coordinated flight plan. 4

To address the charge that Saudi nationals were flown out of the country before the post-9/11 flight ban was lifted, the Report states: "we found no evidence that any flights of Saudi nationals, domestic or international, took place before the reopening of national airspace on the morning of September 13, 2001." In fact national airspace was only open to commercial airliners on a case-by-case basis on September 13, 2001. It was not until September 15th that the skies were opened to general aviation (privately owned aircraft). 5 Yet the Lear Jet that flew Saudi nationals from Tampa, FL to Lexington, KY on September 13th was a private plane

Contradictions

The Report notes that Hani Hanjour's pilot application was rejected, and that he was a "terrible pilot," on the one hand, but asserts that he was "operation's most experienced pilot," and piloted Flight 77 through a 330-degree spiral dive maneuver, on the other.

The Report explains that the suicide terrorists chose not to target a nuclear power plant because they "thought a nuclear target would be difficult because the airspace around it was restricted, making reconnaissance flights impossible and increasing the likelihood that any plane would be shot down before impact." (p 245) It fails to apply the same logic to their targeting of the Pentagon, which, being the heart of the US military, is presumably even better defended than a nuclear power plant.

The Report addresses the question of why George W. Bush remained in the publicly known location of the Sarasota school until 9:35 AM -- a half hour after the second Tower strike -- by relating that Bush "told us his instinct was to project calm, not to have the country see an excited reaction at a moment of crisis," (p38) and that the Secret service "told us they were anxious to move the President to a safer location, but did not think it imperative for him to run out the door." (p39) The Report implicitly accepts these explanations as satisfactory, thereby implying that for Bush to have taken any less than a half hour to leave the school would have required him to display an excited reaction and to "run out the door."

This list only touches on some of the more obvious omissions from the Report. Even Griffin's book -- the most thorough critique of the Report to date -- is far from exhaustive. In 2005, Griffin wrote The 9/11 Commission Report: A 571-Page Lie, which provides 115 points on which the Report lies, either explicitly or implicitly.

Otherwise I have to admit I have no reason to question the official conclusion!!
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
Quote:

Erm .... let me think now.... what was it.... I am sure it is in here somewhere.....

I'm aware of the broad (often conflicting) insinutations and doubts. I'm looking for specifics. What pieces of evidence, specifically, lead to your doubt. We can then examine them individually.

Is this article one of the pieces, for instance? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/1559151.stm

edit: I see your new post. I will respond as best I can at lunch. (about 2.5 hours from now). Cheers.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

realitybites
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
Something like this...

Omissions:

The Report fails to mention the total collapse of 47-story steel-framed skyscraper Building 7 at 5:20 on the day of the attack.

The Report contains no mention of the interview in which the owner of Building 7 states that he and the Fire Department decided to "pull" Building 7 -- an apparent admission of a conspiracy to destroy the building and its contents.

The Report fails to mention the rapid removal and recycling of the structural steel from the collapsed World Trade Center buildings, even to make excuses for it.

The Report makes no mention of a statement by then-Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to Peter Jennings indicating he had foreknowledge of the collapses: "We were operating out of there when we were told that the World Trade Center was gonna collapse, and it did collapse before we could get out of the building."

The Report contains no mentions of eyewitness accounts of explosions preceding the collapse of South Towers.

The Report fails to mention that George W. Bush's brother, Marvin Bush, and his cousin, Wirt Walker III, were principals in the company that had the contract to provide security for the World Trade Center, Stratesec, nor does it mention the company.

The Report repeats the list of 19 suspects identified by the FBI within days of the attack, while failing to mention that six of them reported themselves alive after the attack.

The Report fails to mention any of the reports of behavior by the alleged hijackers before the attack that belie the official story that they were devout Muslims on a suicide mission for Allah.

The Report fails to mention that the published passenger lists contained no Arab names -- a fact publicized by skeptics of the official story.

The Report fails to ask why the plane that crashed into the Pentagon was not stopped by anti-aircraft missile batteries that presumably ring the building.

The Report fails to mention that no credible footage of the Pentagon attack has been made public, despite public knowledge that the FBI seized footage of the attack from nearby businesses.

The Report does not ask why the Secret Service did not obtain air cover for the President's motorcade from the Sarasota school to the airport, nor for Air Force One, which took off at about 9:54, until about 11:10.

The Report avoids mentioning several reports that government officials and business leaders received warnings and avoided targets of the attacks, including:

A warning by the FBI advising Attorney General John Ashcroft to avoid flying on commercial airlines.
The report that Pentagon officials suddenly canceled travel plans the evening before the attack.
The cancellation of plans by Ariel Sharon to attend an event in New York City on 9/11/01.
A warning to San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown to avoid flying.
The grounding of Salman Rushdie by Scotland Yard.

The Report avoids mentioning a warning received by employees of Odigo hours before the attack.

The Report does not mention that letters with weaponized anthrax were sent to the two most powerful senators attempting to slow the passage of the 9/11/01 attack-predicated USA PATRIOT Act.

The Report states that the Commission was "chartered to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, including preparedness for and the immediate response to the attacks," but fails to mention that it makes no attempt to meet its charter.

Falsehoods

The Report's Notes state: "the interior core of the [Twin Towers] was a hollow steel shaft, in which the elevators and stairwells were grouped." In fact, the core structures were composed of bundles of steel columns numbering 47 and having outside dimensions, in most cases, of 36 by 16 inches and 54 by 22 inches.

The Report states that the "South Tower collapsed in ten seconds," when it actually took about 15 seconds. While one might expect that the Commission would overstate rather than understate the collapse time, the fact that the Commission did not even consider a collapse time within one second of the vacuum free-fall time of 9.2 seconds a problem for the official explanation is evidence that the Commission would endorse that explanation no matter what the facts.

Regarding the failure to promptly move George W. Bush from the known location of the Sarasota classroom, the Report states that "No one in the traveling party had any information during this time that other aircraft were hijacked or missing." Yet, according to evidence assembled by David Griffin, the Secret Service has open lines to the FAA, whose top operations people in the northeast corridor thought that as many as 11 planes had been hijacked. 2

The Report states: "The threat of terrorists hijacking commercial airliners within the United States -- and using them as guided missiles -- was not recognized by NORAD before 9/11." (The Report repeats the assertion three times.) Yet media reports, such as the USA Today article entitled "NORAD had drills of jets as weapons" describe pre-9/11 NORAD drills involving hijacked jetliners crashing into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. 3

The Report states: "The protocols did not contemplate an intercept. They assumed the fighter escort would be discreet, 'vectored to a position five miles directly behind the hijacked aircraft,' where it could perform its mission to monitor the aircraft's flight path." Yet the order referenced by the footnote for this statement (Order 7610.4J: Special Military Operations), states:

7-2-1. FACILITY NOTIFICATION

The FAA hijack coordinator will advise the appropriate center/control tower of the identification of the military unit and location tasked to provide the hijack escort. The center/control tower shall coordinate with the designated NORAD SOCC/ROCC/military unit advising of the hijack aircraft's location, direction of flight, altitude, type aircraft and recommended flight plan to intercept the hijack aircraft. The center/control tower shall file the coordinated flight plan. 4

To address the charge that Saudi nationals were flown out of the country before the post-9/11 flight ban was lifted, the Report states: "we found no evidence that any flights of Saudi nationals, domestic or international, took place before the reopening of national airspace on the morning of September 13, 2001." In fact national airspace was only open to commercial airliners on a case-by-case basis on September 13, 2001. It was not until September 15th that the skies were opened to general aviation (privately owned aircraft). 5 Yet the Lear Jet that flew Saudi nationals from Tampa, FL to Lexington, KY on September 13th was a private plane

Contradictions

The Report notes that Hani Hanjour's pilot application was rejected, and that he was a "terrible pilot," on the one hand, but asserts that he was "operation's most experienced pilot," and piloted Flight 77 through a 330-degree spiral dive maneuver, on the other.

The Report explains that the suicide terrorists chose not to target a nuclear power plant because they "thought a nuclear target would be difficult because the airspace around it was restricted, making reconnaissance flights impossible and increasing the likelihood that any plane would be shot down before impact." (p 245) It fails to apply the same logic to their targeting of the Pentagon, which, being the heart of the US military, is presumably even better defended than a nuclear power plant.

The Report addresses the question of why George W. Bush remained in the publicly known location of the Sarasota school until 9:35 AM -- a half hour after the second Tower strike -- by relating that Bush "told us his instinct was to project calm, not to have the country see an excited reaction at a moment of crisis," (p38) and that the Secret service "told us they were anxious to move the President to a safer location, but did not think it imperative for him to run out the door." (p39) The Report implicitly accepts these explanations as satisfactory, thereby implying that for Bush to have taken any less than a half hour to leave the school would have required him to display an excited reaction and to "run out the door."

This list only touches on some of the more obvious omissions from the Report. Even Griffin's book -- the most thorough critique of the Report to date -- is far from exhaustive. In 2005, Griffin wrote The 9/11 Commission Report: A 571-Page Lie, which provides 115 points on which the Report lies, either explicitly or implicitly.

Otherwise I have to admit I have no reason to question the official conclusion!!

Hi all! Soon-to-be-labeled government shill here.

I was just curious where this post was copied and pasted from. I saw the exact same thing on a completely different forum earlier this morning.
Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Hard Fact #1: Gov't has identified the culprits.... Reply with quote

Of the 19 hijackers 14 were Saudi nationals. The OS has identified Mohammed Atta as the leader of the hijackers. Mr. Atta was Egyptian.
Of the remaining terrorists; 3 were from the UAE and 1 was Lebanese.

My questions to CT believers:

• Why did the conspirators choose to identify the "hijackers" in this manner?
  • If the point of 9/11 was a blank check for never-ending war for oil in the ME, why not use Iraqi and/or Afghani's as the perps?
  • If another point was to foster the creation/expansion of a police state in the USA by scaring the sheeple into giving up their civil rights, why haven't there been more MIHOP/LIHOP events since 9/11?
  • If the conspirators were so good at fooling the majority of sheeple on 9/11, then why couldn't they help their own cause by "finding" WMD in Iraq?

...just asking question...

-z

"God in heaven. Here's the hard-headed, evidence-only freak who will not, like we CTers, indulge himself in self-inflating, utterly misconceived fantasies." -kbo234 (who is NOT a nazi) briefly makes sense
MarkyX
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey cat, those are not evidence of a coverup. You are merely asking questions on a government report focused on terrorist attacks and not domestic/secondary issues like WTC7 without providing indisputable proof on your side.

Show me proof that those warnings were national terrorist ones and NOT domestic or personal. Show me proof that those explosions were created by bombs and nothing else.

Any moron can ask questions, providing indisputable evidence is another.

Pete J
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkyX wrote:

Hi Marky

This is a very true statement so presumably you can understand why folks question the official story since almost no evidence available in the public domain supports it.

Nobody has absolute conclusive proof of anything, however, the official line of events:

- A] is very unlikely since it's not normally possible for airline passengers to hijack their planes and re-route them without the airforce coming after them within about 5 minutes

- B] has been used to justify no less than a worldwide agenda which has heralded 2 major wars so far

- C] has been capitalized on by the same group who 'sold' us the official line in a way that it has not by the so called 'terrorists'

- D] is contradicted by so many technical studies across disciplines including structural engineering, aviation etc

Is it really so perplexing why people ask questions under these circumstances ?
Abandoned Ego
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: The Kean commission whitewash. Reply with quote

Quote:
How can you say that you are seeking answers and seeking the truth and yet refuse to read (note that I do not say "accept") the Commission Report? That's ludicrous. Whatever flaws it has, a tremendous amount of work went into it, and more importantly into the source materials referred to in the endnotes.

When I read about the background of the commissioners, along with their multiple vested interests in an invasion of Afghanistan, along with the consequences for holding anything approaching a serious inquiry then I can quickly recognise its just about the closest thing to foxes guarding the Chicken coop that I can find.

Its called a conflict of interests for the unaware. Yet another example of dollarocracy in action.

How I, you or anyone else can take that report anything close to seriously is beyond me.

"It reads like a novel, a mystery". Indeed.

Quote:
Aren't you interested--at all--in why the Commission interpreted the events the way they did?

I know exactly why they found like they did. Ive explained briefly above.

Quote:

Amongst many other things, the fact that a number of those listed have stated that they are still alive, and had had their passports stolen which was something of a relief to be fair. At least we werent expected to believe that they had parachuted out of the planes.

Quote:
As for Bush's quote, I can't very well speak for him, and I won't defend him. I don't follow what the quote is supposed to reveal, though, and how it supposedly contradicts the official version of the events.

Because my friend, this "official" lie is being uttered by the man who is also expecting us to believe that 19 Arabs with boxcutters took his govnt by surprise and pulled off the mass murder of the century.

You might be capable of taking a man like that seriously. I cant. I suppose if youre used to hearing a pathological liar plying his art with the murderous consequences they have had and feel no sense of shame, then I really think you need to be addressing more urgent priorities than defending such a psycopath on here.

Quote:
I also can't very well speak for the secret service. We've all seen the tape of Bush sitting there like an idiot while the sky is falling. What we haven't seen is anything that was going on behind the scenes. I expect that the secret service was deeply entrenched at the school and had the place well-secured.

You expect me to take that as a SERIOUS answer. "They had the place well secured?"

Like the Pentagon you mean ?

Quote:
I also expect that they were getting regular updates on the situation and that if any planes had gone missing anywhere near Florida, that Bush would have been whisked out in an instant. As it was, it could well be that he was in the most secure place he could be. Why risk bringing him out into the open when you have him safely surrounded by one of the best security details in the world? Ask any security expert--security on the move is vastly more difficult than stationary security.

If they were getting regular updates on the situation, then I can only hope they were better than those updating security on the status of the Pentagon "Airplane".

Speaking of which, dont you find it strange that a man who cant fly a biplane properly ( Hani hanjour) could allegedly pilot a Jet liner through a descent of 7000 feet in less than 4 minutes, culminating in a 270 degree turn at 500 mph a mere 5 feet off the ground ?

Dont you find the official conspiracy theory of those events hard to figure out ?

Dont you also find it strange, that having planned this whole thing for however many years the "official version" said they had planned it, Mr Hanjour then takes it upon himself as a completely useless pilot to fly directly over Mr Rumsfelds office which was the easiest path, choosing instead to finish with an aeranautical triple sukhahara which even the most skilled of jet pilots would have difficulty accomplishing ?

Does the official conspiracy theory of that add up in your mind ?

I have little doubt based upon those 3 facts alone that the official conspiracy theory of 19 Arabs is by far the most ridiculous story ever told.

And WE'RE the 'mad' conspiracy theorists ? How are we as a forum of intelligent people even half expected to take anyone seriously who seems to have no problem accepting the above aspects of the official conpiracy theory ?

Meanwhile If all of You official conspiracy theorists wish to have a less demeaning association, preffering the title coincidence theorists instead, then you might familiarise yourselves with how you can easily switch labels on this forum, by reading the link I posted previously.

You might need to sharpen your debunking pencils.

And thanks for your answers. Seriously. I now understand why the Great Oscar Wilde said that a prerequisite of his sanity was that he disagreed with 80% of the (British) public on most things.

If the majority still believe the official conspiracy theory, then I can rest a lot easier.
MarkyX
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete J wrote:
MarkyX wrote:

Hi Marky

This is a very true statement so presumably you can understand why folks question the official story since almost no evidence available in the public domain supports it.

Nobody has absolute conclusive proof of anything, however, the official line of events:

- A] is very unlikely since it's not normally possible for airline passengers to hijack their planes and re-route them without the airforce coming after them within about 5 minutes

Five minutes? You think NORAD scrambles jets just for kicks and giggles or when a plane goes slightly off-course? Show me proof that they respond quickly and timely and that their position is able to take down aircraft (scramble is not intercept). This has to be before 9/11.

Quote:

- B] has been used to justify no less than a worldwide agenda which has heralded 2 major wars so far

A red herring. The War on Iraq and Afghan is not proof that: Explosives were planted at the WTC, the pentagon was hit by a missile, or WTC7 was a huge insurance scandel.

Quote:

- C] has been capitalized on by the same group who 'sold' us the official line in a way that it has not by the so called 'terrorists'

What are you talking about. Just because Osama Bin Laden denied it the first time doesn't mean it's true. It's a very effective and ancient technique called "Lying"

The fact that you are willing to take the terrorist's word over the US government, I find it very disturbing. Just remember that the Palestines and other Muslims in the middle east ALSO think that Osama Bin Laden was behind it. Why would they be selling toys on the street then?

Quote:

- D] is contradicted by so many technical studies across disciplines including structural engineering, aviation etc

Yet not a single structual engineer or licensed pilot listed in the FAA has stated anything.

And don't bring up Steven Jones, he wasn't even reviewed by engineers and many other engineers disagree with him.

http://www.geocities.com/debunking911/jones.htm

http://www.geocities.com/debunking911/civil.htm

Quote:

Is it really so perplexing why people ask questions under these circumstances ?

No, it's perplexing that people use these questions as concrete evidence that there is a coverup.

Questioning the govenrment is good, but making accusations based on literally no evidence to back it up is just plain stupid.

Last edited by MarkyX on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Kean commission whitewash. Reply with quote

Abandoned Ego wrote:
Quote:
How can you say that you are seeking answers and seeking the truth and yet refuse to read (note that I do not say "accept") the Commission Report? That's ludicrous. Whatever flaws it has, a tremendous amount of work went into it, and more importantly into the source materials referred to in the endnotes.

Quote:

When I read about the background of the commissioners, along with their multiple vested interests in an invasion of Afghanistan, along with the consequences for holding anything approaching a serious inquiry then I can quickly recognise its just about the closest thing to foxes guarding the Chicken coop that I can find.

This is an example of "poisoning the well". It is a logical fallacy known as Ad-hominum. Usually used by those who cannot attack the facts, and so attack instead the person(s) who supply said facts.
Quote:

Its called a conflict of interests for the unaware. Yet another example of dollarocracy in action.

Insinuations, innuendo, and inference...nowhere have you provided a fact. A conflict of interest should be easily demonstrable. Please show your work.
Quote:

How I, you or anyone else can take that report anything close to seriously is beyond me.

"It reads like a novel, a mystery". Indeed.

Seems pretty serious to me being as it is full of facts, sources, interviews of actual experts and other pertinent individuals and organizations. The fact that it is beyond your ken should not trouble you. Similarly calculus is beyond the ken of my cat, and yet it works regardless.
Quote:

Quote:
Aren't you interested--at all--in why the Commission interpreted the events the way they did?

I know exactly why they found like they did. Ive explained briefly above.

No. You have not.
Quote:

Quote:

Amongst many other things, the fact that a number of those listed have stated that they are still alive, and had had their passports stolen which was something of a relief to be fair. At least we werent expected to believe that they had parachuted out of the planes.

So let's see....a vast government conspiracy to launch war against Iraq and Afghanistan uses Saudi terrorists? What's worse than that...LIVE SAUDI TERRORISTS???? How odd. Would it not have been more useful to use dead Iraqis and Afghanis than LIVE Saudis?? Is the great conspiracy led by stupid people? If so then how could they have successfully tied their shoes in the morning...much less pulled off 9/11???
Quote:

Quote:

Because my friend, this "official" lie is being uttered by the man who is also expecting us to believe that 19 Arabs with boxcutters took his govnt by surprise and pulled off the mass murder of the century.

What fact or set of facts makes this a "lie"? Quite objectively the known facts point very clearly to these boxcutter weilding Arabs.
Quote:

You might be capable of taking a man like that seriously. I cant. I suppose if youre used to hearing a pathological liar plying his art with the murderous consequences they have had and feel no sense of shame, then I really think you need to be addressing more urgent priorities than defending such a psycopath on here.

Your poor opinion of Mr. Bush aside...what actual facts do you have to support your contention that he is a "pathological liar" or "psychopath". You have offered no real evidence that you even know the meaning of these terms much less your application of them.
Quote:

Quote:
I also can't very well speak for the secret service. We've all seen the tape of Bush sitting there like an idiot while the sky is falling. What we haven't seen is anything that was going on behind the scenes. I expect that the secret service was deeply entrenched at the school and had the place well-secured.

You expect me to take that as a SERIOUS answer. "They had the place well secured?"

Like the Pentagon you mean ?

Chipmunk has made an educated assertion. You have answered with a non-sequitur. Yet another form of logical fallacy.
Quote:

Quote:
I also expect that they were getting regular updates on the situation and that if any planes had gone missing anywhere near Florida, that Bush would have been whisked out in an instant. As it was, it could well be that he was in the most secure place he could be. Why risk bringing him out into the open when you have him safely surrounded by one of the best security details in the world? Ask any security expert--security on the move is vastly more difficult than stationary security.

If they were getting regular updates on the situation, then I can only hope they were better than those updating security on the status of the Pentagon "Airplane".

Do you suspect there was no airplane then? Do tell.
Quote:

Speaking of which, dont you find it strange that a man who cant fly a biplane properly ( Hani hanjour) could allegedly pilot a Jet liner through a descent of 7000 feet in less than 4 minutes, culminating in a 270 degree turn at 500 mph a mere 5 feet off the ground ?

Hani Hanjour flew a "biplane"? Please give your source for this. No don't bother...you are simply wrong about that part. Also, anyone can pilot a jetliner in the manner you describe if their intent is to meet Allah. Usually pilots are trained to postpone their trip to paradise.
Quote:

Dont you find the official conspiracy theory of those events hard to figure out ?

Not really. The OS is backed up by solid research, real experts, and real science.
Quote:

Dont you also find it strange, that having planned this whole thing for however many years the "official version" said they had planned it, Mr Hanjour then takes it upon himself as a completely useless pilot to fly directly over Mr Rumsfelds office which was the easiest path, choosing instead to finish with an aeranautical triple sukhahara which even the most skilled of jet pilots would have difficulty accomplishing ?

What exactly is a "triple sukhara"?
Quote:

Does the official conspiracy theory of that add up in your mind ?

Yes. Hence the quote:
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots."
Quote:

I have little doubt based upon those 3 facts alone that the official conspiracy theory of 19 Arabs is by far the most ridiculous story ever told.

You have provided no facts...much less three.
Quote:

And WE'RE the 'mad' conspiracy theorists ?

...if the shoe fits....(and it sure seems to there Cindy)
Quote:

How are we as a forum of intelligent people even half expected to take anyone seriously who seems to have no problem accepting the above aspects of the official conpiracy theory ?

Well...that's the first intelligent question I've seen raised here. I'd say that this forum's collective IQ should indeed be a subject of investigation.
Quote:

Meanwhile If all of You official conspiracy theorists wish to have a less demeaning association, preffering the title coincidence theorists instead, then you might familiarise yourselves with how you can easily switch labels on this forum, by reading the link I posted previously.

nonsense...
Quote:

You might need to sharpen your debunking pencils.

I've been using only a stub of my debunking crayon so far...it's working just fine thanks.
Quote:

And thanks for your answers. Seriously. I now understand why the Great Oscar Wilde said that a prerequisite of his sanity was that he disagreed with 80% of the (British) public on most things.

If the majority still believe the official conspiracy theory, then I can rest a lot easier.

"The public have an insatiable curiosity to know everything, except what is worth knowing."
-- “The Soul of Man Under Socialism”
--Oscar Wilde.

-z

"God in heaven. Here's the hard-headed, evidence-only freak who will not, like we CTers, indulge himself in self-inflating, utterly misconceived fantasies." -kbo234 (who is NOT a nazi) briefly makes sense
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: