FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't be tempted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
Call me stupid (you have done plenty of times), but haven't you contradicted yourself?

Johnny Pixels wrote:
As the fire heats the steel, and the load of the upper section acts on the support beams, they deform. The more they deform, the less load they can take, this eventually leads to buckling.

then you say

Johnny Pixels wrote:
but the building is designed specifically to NOT deform, because it is a building and has to hold a weight.

No, sorry if I didn't make myself clear (that's an honest apology, not a sarcastic one)

The building is designed to not deform under normal loading, and above normal loading to a certain extent for safety reasons. That way if the floor is rated to 1000kg per square metre, and someone actually puts 1000kg per square metre load on it, then the building will be well within its safety limit, rather than being right on the edge of it.

The problem with 9/11 was that the buildings exceeded those limits, because large amounts of the support structure was damaged by the impact of the planes. This means that while the building was designed not to deform while it worked within its limits, when it was pushed beyond those limits, the steel could no longer hold out.

Or in other words, the building was designed to resist deformation up to a point.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round and around and around we go
Just as these creeps intend
It can be fun for a while but couldn't energies be best expended on people without a set agenda?
These jref people are mendacious and malicious
They are undoubtedly influenced by Intelligence/mind contol agencies to keep people in an endless loop
Break your addiction to this
GIVE IT UP
You know it makes sense
A full 1 minute 15 seconds WASTED Omigod

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dh wrote:
Round and around and around we go
Just as these creeps intend
It can be fun for a while but couldn't energies be best expended on people without a set agenda?
These jref people are mendacious and malicious
They are undoubtedly influenced by Intelligence/mind contol agencies to keep people in an endless loop
Break your addiction to this
GIVE IT UP
You know it makes sense
A full 1 minute 15 seconds WASTED Omigod

No, I think we've come to a stop, because no-one seems to be able to prove the explosive demolition theory.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: