FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jay Ref Posting Log
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go. The nit-picking begins.

The point of the story is not the bloody dogs. It's Randi's dishonest nature.

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref Posting Log Reply with quote

PeeWee wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:

Sorry, I fail to see how what James Randi does or doesn't do, has any bearing on the events of 9/11. Are you trying to dig up dirt in an attempt to discredit him? How would this alter the laws of physics?

And if dogs are psychic, why can I surprise my dog?

I replied to to this:

"Asking hard questions is a good thing to do...but sooner or later you have to have the guts to accept the answers that may not conform to your expectations."

Seems Mr Randi had a problem doing just that.

I never mentioned 9/11 or the laws of physics.

Me discredit Randi....seems he did that himself...don't ya think?

Why can you surprise your dog? Let me guess. I know, your'e surprising!!

Is anyone quoting Randi here, or relying on his 9/11 expertise?

If you have some sort of grievance, take it up with Randi. You can find his email address at JREF: www.randi.org
No one here is in a position to speak for him.

If you wish to discuss Sheldrake's claims, they've been discussed extensively at the JREF forums ( forums.randi.org ) I suggest you bring your discussion there.

Is there anything about 9/11 you'd like to discuss?
Or perhaps Jay Ref's posting log? Rolling Eyes
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeFecToR wrote:
Here we go. The nit-picking begins.

The point of the story is not the bloody dogs. It's Randi's dishonest nature.

It's Sheldrake's self-serving interpretation of events.

But who gives a flying fig about Randi's nature anyway? Does it have any bearing on 9/11?
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref Posting Log Reply with quote

PeeWee wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:

Sorry, I fail to see how what James Randi does or doesn't do, has any bearing on the events of 9/11. Are you trying to dig up dirt in an attempt to discredit him? How would this alter the laws of physics?

And if dogs are psychic, why can I surprise my dog?

I replied to to this:

"Asking hard questions is a good thing to do...but sooner or later you have to have the guts to accept the answers that may not conform to your expectations."

Seems Mr Randi had a problem doing just that.

Uhm, didn't he admit to having not seen the tape?

Quote:
I never mentioned 9/11 or the laws of physics.

That's the point of this board though. The only time Randi comes up is because someone tries to disprove one of the JREF forum members evidence on here by discredit Randi. Science doesn't work that way. If Paul Daniels found a cure for cancer, it'd still be a cure for cancer, whether he was a magician or not.

Quote:
Me discredit Randi....seems he did that himself...don't ya think?

Hardly

Quote:
Why can you surprise your dog? Let me guess. I know, your'e surprising!!

If dogs can use their psychic powers to know when their owner is coming home, why can I surprise him? He should know I'm coming home.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Oooh Do me, profile me. I wanna see what I get, and I'll tell you how close you are!

And me!
DaveyJ
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one tiny point you guys seem to be missing. Nobody here disrupts or halts any huge 'truth movment' the only way the truth movment moves is in a circle, steadily downwards and ever smaller.

What exactly has the 'truth movment' done? managed to implicate one individual, explain one part of the method with scientific evidence that could stand up in court? intill you do, this movment wont move anywhere. I'm sorry. no one is any closer to the 'truth' than they were on 9/12/06. They the first 24 hours are key to catching a murder, its been 5 years. i dont think anything will change in the next 5 or 50.

oh and if you worried about being a member of a cult, read this definition and tick the boxes

Cults are groups that often exploit members psychologically and/or financially, typically by making members comply with leadership's demands through certain types of psychological manipulation, popularly called mind control, and through the inculcation of deep-seated anxious dependency on the group and its leaders.1
"A cult is a group or movement exhibiting a great or excessive devotion or dedication to some person, idea or thing and employing unethically manipulative techniques of persuasion and control (e.g. isolation from former friends and family, debilitation, use of special methods to heighten suggestibility and subservience, powerful group pressures, information management, suspension of individuality or critical judgement, promotion of total dependency on the group and fear of [consequences of] leaving it, etc) designed to advance the goals of the group's leaders to the actual or possible detriment of members, their families, or the community
________
vaporizer

Last edited by DaveyJ on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds uncannily like the relationship between the populace and the state. I suppose we must all be in a cult.
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveyJ wrote:

oh and if you worried about being a member of a cult, read this definition and tick the boxes

Cults are groups that often exploit members psychologically and/or financially, typically by making members comply with leadership's demands through certain types of psychological manipulation, popularly called mind control, and through the inculcation of deep-seated anxious dependency on the group and its leaders.1
"A cult is a group or movement exhibiting a great or excessive devotion or dedication to some person, idea or thing and employing unethically manipulative techniques of persuasion and control (e.g. isolation from former friends and family, debilitation, use of special methods to heighten suggestibility and subservience, powerful group pressures, information management, suspension of individuality or critical judgement, promotion of total dependency on the group and fear of [consequences of] leaving it, etc) designed to advance the goals of the group's leaders to the actual or possible detriment of members, their families, or the community

b*, should have rumbled it when they asked for cheques be made payable to "Cult People of the Truth Movement in association with U. B. Add innit affiliates"
IronSnot
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:
Oooh Do me, profile me. I wanna see what I get, and I'll tell you how close you are!

And me!

You want me to czech you?

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: