FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC World reported WTC7 collapse before it happened
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> WTC7 Salomon Brothers Building - the smoking gun of 9/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyBlade
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serge wrote:
A little surprised that nobody appears to have picked up on what was happening to the WTC7 building behind her though... maybe it has been noticed, just that nobody thought to mention it, but those small explosions taking place in the exact location of where the building kinks at the time of its collapse. More evidence in the video than just the timing... Smile

???

I missed that one. Hmm. *goes back to watch again*

QuitTheirClogs
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Push it back onto the BBC by asking them to explain the anomaly. See what they come up with. The Conspiracy Files stated the following:

Quote:
With so much else going on that day, the event was barely reported

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXP21v-0MjE

Why did Guy Smith not check the BBC archive?

Near the start of the google clip (now defunct) the intelligence expert states that the attacks must have been state sponsored. The studio presenter ignores the expert by pushing the Osama bin Laden line. I think this is potentially more damaging to the BBC. It would be good to have a video showing how this OBL line developed throughout the day.

David Ray Griffin - 9/11: the Myth & the Reality
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-275577066688213413
Ussa1
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why some people are starting to get a bit downbeat about this but one question still remains . How did they know it was gonna collapse? OK the twin towers collapsed but planes had been flown into them (and still no-one expected them to collapse) - so they`ve got a get out on those. But how could they be so certain of the WTC7 collapse that they had press releases already prepared? Rolling Eyes It doesn't make sense. I know this question has been asked already but i have never seen an answer and this clip just brings it up again. I for one am still excited about it.
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serge wrote:
A little surprised that nobody appears to have picked up on what was happening to the WTC7 building behind her though... maybe it has been noticed, just that nobody thought to mention it, but those small explosions taking place in the exact location of where the building kinks at the time of its collapse. More evidence in the video than just the timing... Smile

Interesting.

Do you happen to have the times that these explosions occur?

HipHop:
http://www.myspace.com/skepticandjidsames
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest point from this story is that it was known that building 7 was going to fall. How could anyone know this? It was not hit by a plane and fire has never brought down a steel framed tower and certainly not in 8 hours and most certainly not at freefall speed. NIST cannot explain its collapse and its best effort after investigation leads it to speculate that its best theory has a low probability of being correct. Yet we are to believe that on the day someone had the expertise to assess that it was going to fall. Who????? Where is this brilliant mind???? Why did he not testify at the 9/11 enquiry????? This story is wide open in spite of all the people pouring cold water on it now.
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Implantation of the myth. Reply with quote

You can come up with all the excuses in the world but she is stood in front of WTC7 talking about how it had collapsed when it hadnt, the repeater in the studio says it several times along with the official 'reason' for it. Implanting the myth that is still trotted out today.

Of course the BBC will squirm out of it with any number of possible excuses. That they received a press release saying it had 'collapsed' when it hadnt is evidence it was known that it was coming down, which isnt possible. Its something which many firefighters have said since, that locals have reported as being said on local radio, something we all know anyway. Noone could have known it would collapse, therefore no excuse stands up or matters.

That it fell in 6.6 seconds 'straight down' is evidence it was not structural failure due to fire/debris, unless you can believe that fire weakened all columns at the same time, that debris from 1+2 dislodged fireproofing equally and that santa is alive and well along with the easter bunny.

Officialdom was (and still is) stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Either you claim it came down from fire (before it fell) which had never happened before in history before 911, or you say it was demolished and admit foreknowledge of the attacks to prewire the building.

Officialdom has had to resort to 5 years of debunking lies to cover their ass with all the 'critic' dupes along for the ride. The myth, once created, must be protected at all costs. One lie leads to another, and another.

With all the confusion on the day, someone messed up i agree, revealing the foreknowledge in more ways than one.

And some say 'how could such an incompetent administration get away with such an elaborate conspiracy'

They didnt.

Last edited by scar on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
hampton
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just spoken to bbc world 0208 433 2221

they are well aware of the issue & are feverishly investigating.

i was told "we don't know who uploaded it. but on first inspection it looks like it's not our live feed."

although i don't know how they can say this when it's from a reputable web archive along with footage from other channels.

Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I think it was FEMA who said the best fire/ damage hypothesis had only a low probability of occuring.

No doubt the best explanation we'll get is someone from Popular Mechanics saying 'if you knew about the way the building was designed, you'd know it was very likely to collapse'.

Maybe that guy from Fox News with the baseball cap told them - he was probably out on the street saying 'the intense heat from the diesel fires is weakening the structural steel, she's gonna collapse!'.

HipHop:
CrazyBlade
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hampton wrote:
just spoken to bbc world 0208 433 2221

they are well aware of the issue & are feverishly investigating.

i was told "we don't know who uploaded it. but on first inspection it looks like it's not our live feed."

although i don't know how they can say this when it's from a reputable web archive along with footage from other channels.

Woah. Ok, what the hell??

Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
The biggest point from this story is that it was known that building 7 was going to fall. How could anyone know this? It was not hit by a plane and fire has never brought down a steel framed tower and certainly not in 8 hours and most certainly not at freefall speed. NIST cannot explain its collapse and its best effort after investigation leads it to speculate that its best theory has a low probability of being correct. Yet we are to believe that on the day someone had the expertise to assess that it was going to fall. Who????? Where is this brilliant mind???? Why did he not testify at the 9/11 enquiry????? This story is wide open in spite of all the people pouring cold water on it now.

You are right, blackcat.

This film may not add up to much (though I missed the explosions spotted by Serge and will look again for them).

But it does add weight to the evidence that "they" knew long in advance that WTC7 was going to come down.

How did they know this and who was telling everyone?

QuitTheirClogs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Building 7 is definitely an Achilles heel for the official theory – and this is a really good story for putting the focus on Building 7. Getting the BBC to explain what they knew, when they knew it and how they knew it, will help keep that focus.

tomi01uk
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Precaution for 911 Truth Reply with quote

It occurs to me that researchers should start to download all of those news footage archives. The ones from bbc, cnn, cbs, etc. This issue with the Wtc 7 bldg will possibly make all the broadcasters on that day take down their archives. Someone posted the link where the archives are stored. I say get them saved to harddrives soon for future research.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeptic wrote:
^ I think it was FEMA who said the best fire/ damage hypothesis had only a low probability of occuring.

No doubt the best explanation we'll get is someone from Popular Mechanics saying 'if you knew about the way the building was designed, you'd know it was very likely to collapse'.

Maybe that guy from Fox News with the baseball cap told them - he was probably out on the street saying 'the intense heat from the diesel fires is weakening the structural steel, she's gonna collapse!'.

LMFAO Laughing

Perhaps we should find him - he seems to know such a lot and is very authoritative ("script notes: read it with authority and certainty"). Surely he could help us explain all these riddles!

Eckyboy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true it is very important even if everyone near building 7 seemed to know it was going to collapse that day. In the book TERROR TRACKER by Neil Doyle I think, there is a very interesting little story about WTC7. Apparently one of this guys engineer friends told him that certain government buildings are fitted with safety charges in the event that the buildings are damaged by terrorist attacks and they can then be demolished safely. If this is true then it would explain how a lot of people near building 7 and Larry Silverstein knew it was going to collapse but it still implies complicity in the attacks as the government has never admitted this. If building 7 was fitted with so called safety charges then it stands to reason the more high risk twin towers would have been fitted with them too. For me Building 7 was brought down in a controlled demolition no matter how hot or fierce the supposed fires were but was it pre-planned or taken down as a safety measure?
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I have said it before and I will say it again. It is a wonder that fu*king WTC 7 ever stood up at all it was such a shoddy jerry-built deathtrap. Only in New York would such a pile of nonsense ever be tolerated. Like a house of cards it was - the wonder is the smoke from WTC 1 & 2 didn't knock it over. Anyone could see it was going to fall. Bleedin' obvious wonnit ??!!!!
Serge
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeptic wrote:
Serge wrote:

Interesting.

From when the female reporter starts to chatter away, she conveniently moves to the side at the time these surges of black smoke shoot from the roof of the building... happens a fair few times Wink

I think I posted the time at the start of this thread. 15 mins if I remember what I did rightly Embarassed Laughing

Hopefully the BBC will explain this one away as merely a lost mohican sending smoke signals for directions... Laughing

Last edited by Serge on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one.

HipHop:
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eckyboy wrote:
If this is true it is very important even if everyone near building 7 seemed to know it was going to collapse that day. In the book TERROR TRACKER by Neil Doyle I think, there is a very interesting little story about WTC7. Apparently one of this guys engineer friends told him that certain government buildings are fitted with safety charges in the event that the buildings are damaged by terrorist attacks and they can then be demolished safely. If this is true then it would explain how a lot of people near building 7 and Larry Silverstein knew it was going to collapse but it still implies complicity in the attacks as the government has never admitted this. If building 7 was fitted with so called safety charges then it stands to reason the more high risk twin towers would have been fitted with them too. For me Building 7 was brought down in a controlled demolition no matter how hot or fierce the supposed fires were but was it pre-planned or taken down as a safety measure?

Interesting stuff, Ecky.

I have sometimes wondered about this possibility.

But it sounds an unlikely safety precaution to rig a high-risk building with explosives to make demolition safer or easier in the event of a damaging attack.

One or two other thoughts that come to mind:

- what if the explosives are discovered by anyone who is not meant to know?
- what about the risk of having explosives there? Could they be accidentally set off or used by genuine terrorists (if there are any)? Does this risk not out-weigh any usefulness?.

hampton
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was out the other day and i did a particularly loud fart and much to my surprise a nearby building started creeking and then just fell down.

on a more serious note.
were the twin towers due for expensive asbestos removal?

forgotten 911 heroes:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6606909833563454569
talks about bush ordering the epa to lie about the air being safe to breath and how people should return to the city. it also shows how victims were left without help.

scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True dat Blackcat, i heard it was made out of cardboard actually. Termite infested cardboard at that. Obviously termites are the real culprits here.

@Eckyboy/Craig W:
Why would they detonate the charges before everyone got out?
A helpful wave of indignation?
How would these charges be kept secret with so many working to build the towers?
Explosives dont have an infinite life either so presumably they would have to be checked and restocked?
Ive heard this idea before and it is surely a ludicrous one?. It changes nothing at the end of the day.

@Serge: Well spotted! Wink
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serge wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
Serge wrote:

Interesting.

From when the female reporter starts to chatter away, she conveniently moves to the side at the time these surges of black smoke shoot from the roof of the building... happens a fair few times Wink

I think I posted the time at the start of this thread. 15 mins if I remember what I did rightly Embarassed Laughing

Hopefully the BBC will explain this one away as merely a lost mohican sending smoke signals for directions... Laughing

You are right to scrutinise the footage closely, Serge. I have just gone through it and checked for signs of "explosions".

All I can see are plumes of smoke rising above the roof which would fit in with the fires on the far side of the building. I could see nothing suspicious in them, personally.

Eckyboy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not my idea of a safety precaution either Craig W! If I worked there I would be to scared to sneeze in case I accidentally triggered them off! Its like using a samurai sword to trim your nose hair.

In answer to your intelligent questions.
1. The charges would obviously not be in plane site (no pun intended!) although as you say there would still be a chance they would be discovered however a high security building has many restricted areas and its possible that most people would not know what they were looking at.
2. The charges could be set but not activated or primed. On 911 all they had to do was prime them and they would be good to go. I am no expert in explosives or demolition work though so I could be way off course.

I am not saying this is what happened but it is plausible and I think the government could end up trying to use this excuse at some point in the future.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar wrote:
True dat Blackcat, i heard it was made out of cardboard actually. Termite infested cardboard at that. Obviously termites are the real culprits here.

@Eckyboy/Craig W:
Why would they detonate the charges before everyone got out?
A helpful wave of indignation?
How would these charges be kept secret with so many working to build the towers?
Explosives dont have an infinite life either so presumably they would have to be checked and restocked?
Ive heard this idea before and it is surely a ludicrous one?. It changes nothing at the end of the day.

@Serge: Well spotted! Wink

As I indicated in my post, scar, I am sceptical of this idea.

I don't understand the meaning of your question in bold above.

Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hampton wrote:

were the twin towers due for expensive asbestos removal?

I've heard a lot of people refer to this expensive pending abatement - or the fact that the abatement would be so expensive that they could never break even and would have to take the towers down. Very difficult to get confirmation though.

This guy, T.S. Gordon, claims he has inside info:

http://www.redlineav.com/tsg.deposition.1.html

Not exactly hard evidence.

He puts the cost at $20 Billion. He also says the towers would have had to have been decommisioned by 2007.

HipHop:
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eckyboy wrote:
It is not my idea of a safety precaution either Craig W! If I worked there I would be to scared to sneeze in case I accidentally triggered them off! Its like using a samurai sword to trim your nose hair.

In answer to your intelligent questions.
1. The charges would obviously not be in plane site (no pun intended!) although as you say there would still be a chance they would be discovered however a high security building has many restricted areas and its possible that most people would not know what they were looking at.
2. The charges could be set but not activated or primed. On 911 all they had to do was prime them and they would be good to go. I am no expert in explosives or demolition work though so I could be way off course.

I am not saying this is what happened but it is plausible and I think the government could end up trying to use this excuse at some point in the future.

Thanks, Ecky. Good reply.

But I am still sceptical of the usefulness of such a precaution (assuming that wouldn't just be the cover story for the plan to use the explosives in some future false flag terrorist attack).

How useful would it be to be able to blow up a damaged building? I don't know. Anyone else?

Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is pretty well known that some buildings are built with cavities for demolition charges already installed. Whether any have had the charges pre-installed is dubious.

HipHop:
QuitTheirClogs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eckyboy wrote:

This sounds like an urban myth in the making. It's the first time I've heard it.

Eckyboy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how Controlled Demolition Inc the company who carried out the clean-up work on WTC1,2 and 7 describe themselves.

"A two thousand ton skyscraper collapses like a house of cards, crumbling in on itself - a waterfall of well-fractured steel and concrete debris. It lasts only seconds, and buildings within a few meters stand untouched. The very essence of Controlled Demolition, Inc. is in our name: CONTROL.

CDI demolishes structures with the kind of precision and planning usually associated with their creation. Each project is handled by a world-renowned team of experts drawing on backgrounds in environmental remediation, engineering, dismantling, traditional demolition, explosives, material handling and the latest technology to guarantee complete predictability.

Having imploded, worldwide, more buildings, chimneys, towers, bridges, and other structures than our competitors combined, Controlled Demolition, Inc. has the technical expertise and track record to take on projects of any magnitude.

This experience is used to select precisely the best equipment, materials, and methods for every project, and the best strategic communication plan to ensure acceptance by community groups and regulatory agencies. In an industry where experience is everything, CDI stands alone in its pioneering vision, innovative spirit, and decades of leadership."

"Department of Defense (DOD)
Controlled Demolition Incorporated (CDI) has the appropriate experience and expertise to assist Department of Defense (DOD) agencies and contractors in demolition operations on sensitive projects, domestically and internationally. Through the support of our international network of offices and agent relationships, Controlled Demolition Incorporated can respond promptly for defense-related consulting and performance requests on short notice."

It is irrelevant though as WTC7 was clearly brought down by raging fires for the neatest collapse I have ever seen.
brian
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig W wrote:
The following is an excerpt from the Loosechange forum. The emboldened part is a quote from one member and what follows is my response.

(Here is the link: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=450 7&st=0&#entry12364606 )

QUOTE (miragememories @ Feb 26 2007, 04:47 PM)
I think too much is getting read into this.

Clearly this report was rushed to air before any research had been done. It's likely all the repeated 'on-the-street' reports about the imminent collapse of WTC7 eventually got distorted by a reporter, and "gonna collapse" became "did collapse."

It was a major gaff on the BBC's part for sure, especially given the fact that no one immediately identified the burning building behind their 'live' reporter as the 'still standing' WTC7 building which she was claiming had already collapsed. Since it was the last major standing structure still pouring out heavy smoke on the site, you'd think they might have checked it's identity..amazing..unbelievably poor work on their part.

You would have thought in the roughly 7 hours that passed after the collapse of WTC1, that the BBC Research Dept. would have located maps and visuals of the area so they would be familiar with what they were seeing in their 'live' feed, or, duh..had there on-the-scene people find out for them..I guess they figured that the clearly viewable smoking 47-storey building in their live feed must have been WTC7a, WTC7's twin tower?

It's also pathetic that no one at the BBC seemed to wonder why none of their satellite feeds from the major American TV networks were reporting such a major event. Did they not ask themselves how odd it was that no one but their on-the-scene reporter noticed the sudden collapse of this 47-storey building?

Talk about extremely sloppy..maybe it will damage their credibility regarding the recent 9/11 'hit piece'?

MM

I am afraid I agree - the BBC has a very easy "get-out" here (and it may well be true):

"We made a mistake. Our reporters had heard that WTC7 was unstable and was expected to collapse soon and somehow got our wires crossed.

We simply didn't realise that the building smouldering in the background on the live feed was WTC7.

I am sure we all remember how intense and confusing the day's events were. There was a lot going on and a lot of reports flying around. It was very difficult to keep on top of the story and verify facts.

We have to admit we got this one wrong. We should have checked it out."

This could also explain the "mysterious" end to the transmission - maybe someone realised they were wrong and "pulled it" LOL.

The only thing one could say against that explanation is:

"Did you not think there would be pictures of this collapse - given the numbers of cameras filming the events? And would it not have been appropriate to have shown them alongside the report?"

But the BBC could reply:

"We didn't know which building this was or how major it was and had no reason to look for footage of its collapse. We had never even heard of the 'Salomon Building'. Had we known the size of the building we might have checked it out better."

After my initital excitement, I now feel this does not add up to very much.

From above -

"... the burning building behind their 'live' reporter.."

"...the building smouldering in the background"

What stands out in this and the other videos is that in no way can WTC 7 be described as a burning building, it looks, apart from the far side few puffs of smoke, totally free from fire and uncompromised.

I would add the far side smoke could very easily, most likely, be from the twin towers.
Serge
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig W wrote:
Serge wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
Serge wrote:

Interesting.

You are right to scrutinise the footage closely, Serge. I have just gone through it and checked for signs of "explosions".

All I can see are plumes of smoke rising above the roof which would fit in with the fires on the far side of the building. I could see nothing suspicious in them, personally.

They looked more spurts of smoke rising, then disappearing, then another spurt, the smoke appears to be ejected rather than simply rising.
I will watch it again myself though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> WTC7 Salomon Brothers Building - the smoking gun of 9/11 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: