FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monsanto etc toxic GM crops attack fragile genetics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'..rats fed GMOs experienced serious health problems compared to those fed non GM food..':

'From Boardroom To Field: Manufacturing
The Global Food And Agriculture Crisis'

By Colin Todhunter:

http://www.countercurrents.org/todhunter060713.htm

'In 2012, Professsor Seralini of the University of Caen in France led a team that carried out research into the health impacts on rats fed GMOs (genetically modified organisms) (1). The two-year long study concluded that rats fed GMOs experienced serious health problems compared to those fed non GM food. Now comes a new major peer-reviewed study that has appeared in another respected journal. This study throws into question the claim often forwarded by the biotech sector that GMO technology increases production and is beneficial to agriculture.

Researchers at the University of Canterbury in the UK have found that the GM strategy used in North American staple crop production is limiting yields and increasing pesticide use compared to non-GM farming in Western Europe . Led by Professor Jack Heinemann, the study's findings have been published in the June edition of the International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability (2). The research analysed data on agricultural productivity in North America and Western Europe over the last 50 years...'

“There are very good reasons why we have never introduced a Green Revolution into Africa, namely because there is broad consensus that the Green Revolution in India has been a failure, with Indian farmers in debt, bound to paying high costs for seed and pesticides, committing suicide at much higher rates, and resulting in a depleted water table and a poisoned environment, and by extension, higher rates of cancer.” Paula Crossfield, food policy writer/activist (21).

We don't have to take Paula Crossfield's word for it, though. Punjab was the ‘Green Revolution's' original poster boy, but is fast becoming transformed from a food bowl to a cancer epicenter and now reels under an agrarian crisis marked by discontent, debt, water shortages, contaminated water, diseased soils and pest infested cops (22,23,24)...'

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Monsanto this time, and not new (Observer, 2 days before 9/11!!):

GM corn set to stop man spreading his seed:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2001/sep/09/gm.food

'The pregnancy prevention plants are the handiwork of the San Diego biotechnology company Epicyte, where researchers have discovered a rare class of human antibodies that attack sperm.

By isolating the genes that regulate the manufacture of these antibodies, and by putting them in corn plants, the company has created tiny horticultural factories that make contraceptives.

'We have a hothouse filled with corn plants that make anti-sperm antibodies,' said Epicyte president Mitch Hein.

'We have also created corn plants that make antibodies against the herpes virus, so we should be able to make a plant-based jelly that not only prevents pregnancy but also blocks the spread of sexual disease.'

Bill Gates talks about ‘vaccines to reduce population’:
http://www.engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net/Swine_Flu/Gates_Vaccines/gates_v accines.html#f14

'The idea of using vaccines to covertly reduce births in the Third World is also not new. Bill Gates’ good friend, David Rockefeller and his Rockefeller Foundation were involved as early as 1972 in a major project together with WHO and others to perfect another “new vaccine.”

The results of the WHO-Rockefeller project were put into mass application on human guinea pigs in the early 1990's. The WHO oversaw massive vaccination campaigns against tetanus in Nicaragua, Mexico and the Philippines. Comite Pro Vida de Mexico, a Roman Catholic lay organization, became suspicious of the motives behind the WHO program and decided to test numerous vials of the vaccine and found them to contain human Chorionic Gonadotrophin, or hCG. That was a curious component for a vaccine designed to protect people against lock-jaw arising from infection with rusty nail wounds or other contact with certain bacteria found in soil. The tetanus disease was indeed, also rather rare. It was also curious because hCG was a natural hormone needed to maintain a pregnancy. However, when combined with a tetanus toxoid carrier, it stimulated formation of antibodies against hCG, rendering a woman incapable of maintaining a pregnancy, a form of concealed abortion. Similar reports of vaccines laced with hCG hormones came from the Philippines and Nicaragua.9...'

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Monsanto et al have been using Hawaii as a test-site for their diabolical Frankenfoods; but interestingly, the video points out that Hawaii was also used to test 'Agent Orange' in the sixties (and shows some of the results on the local population).

I've put the info below, in case you want some of it in printed form, and also some people that can be contacted to castigate Monsanto's role, and to inform them of what Agent Orange did in Vietnam, and the hundreds of thousands of Indian farmers who have committed suicide because of Monsanto's policies in India:

Stop Monsanto From Poisoning Hawai'i
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uZgrOFjhzdg

Published on 10 Jun 2012

CALL TO ACTION: Tell Kamehameha Schools to end genetic and chemical contamination of Ali'i Trust Lands!

Dee Jay Mailer
CEO, Kamehameha Schools
djmailer@ksbe.edu

Christopher Pating
VP of Strategic Planning & Implementation, Kamehameha Schools
chpatin@ksbe.org

Kamehameha Schools Administrative Office: 808.523.6200

________________________________________­________________
For over 20 years, Hawai'i has been the global center for the open-field testing of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO's), including pharmaceutical crops. Over 5,000 experimental tests have been conducted by Monsanto, Dow, Dupont/Pioneer, Syngenta and BASF that spray chemicals on an almost daily basis on our most valuable lands. They are supported by tax-breaks, and beneficial relationships with landowners, regulators and politicians. We estimate GMO companies own or lease 40,000 -- 60,000 acres that are sprayed with over 70 different chemicals.

A new vision for Hawai'i would promote small farms that grow chemical-free produce, employ our youth and restore the indigenous ahupua'a system. Hawai'i has less than 3,000 acres of certified organic farmland, which is 0.27% of Hawaiian farmland.

Kamehameha Schools is Hawaii's largest private landowner. Despite Kamehameha's public statements about sustainability and conservation, they lease substantial amounts of land to multi-national biotech firms, including Monsanto, Dow, Dupont/Pioneer and Syngenta for GMO open field tests and seed corn production.

Kamehameha is the only institution with the land, capital and resources to reduce our food imports, that are now over 90%, and ensure that Hawai'i does not run out of food in case of natural disasters or rising oil prices.
________________________________________­________________

Presented by Hawai'i GMO Justice Coalition with support from
Organic Consumers Association & Millions Against Monsanto

Music by K. Mcleod (Incompetech)

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of good articles here from 'Institute For Responsible Technology'
(unfortunately they have not yet responded to an email I sent showing massive excess UVB radiation getting through to the earth in California, due to ozone depletion):

The Tipping Point Continues To Gain Momentum…:
http://www.responsibletechnology.org/posts/

Health Guide: GMO Research:
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/guide/health-guide-gmo-research

Oregon Takes Down Local Monsanto Protection Act:
http://www.slowfood.com/international/slow-stories/188031/oregon-takes -down-local-monsanto-protection-act/q=AB5FA6?

This last one is one of the few times people-power has triumphed, but Monsanto's Legions haven't given up and are massing for a counter-attack:

'While SB633 did pass narrowly pass the Oregon Senate in late April, it hit a roadblock of stronger opposition in the House. It was through overwhelming public outcry that the bill was dropped before coming to a vote in the House. While this was a victory for the rights of allowing local citizens to control the types of seeds planted in their county, the fight isn’t over. The Oregon Legislature meets again in February 2014, where the biotech lobby has already vowed to revive SB 633 in a new form before Jackson County citizens get to vote on their proposed GMO ban in May...'

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monsanto’s Roundup Linked to Autism, Parkinson’s, and Cancer:
http://healthfreedoms.org/2013/08/02/monsantos-roundup-linked-to-autis m-parkinsons-and-cancer/

'This new study shows that Roundup enhances the damaging effects of other food borne chemical residues and environmental toxins. Far-reaching health implications of this toxic chemical significantly impact the body due to its use in farming and other areas where food may grow. And what this new study has uncovered is the effects of Roundup are insidiously manifesting slowly over time as inflammation damages many different cellular systems throughout the body.

Consequences with most of the diseases and conditions associated with a Western diet include gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, autism, infertility, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease all stem from even the smallest trace amounts of Roundup that is found in theses foods we eat. And the FDA allows trace amounts of glyphosate in the foods that we buy and eat.

When we take into account of the significant increase in Autism, something very profound emerges.
■One in 150 kids were diagnosed on Autism Spectrum in 2007
■One in 100 kids were diagnosed Autism Spectrum in 2009
■One in 50 kids were diagnosed on Autism Spectrum in Mar. 2013.
■The rate was 1 in 10,000 in 1970.

Monsanto has argued that glyphosate is harmless to humans because we don’t have the shikimate pathway, which is necessary for amino acid biosynthesis. However, our gut bacteria do have this pathway. We depend upon them to supply us with essential amino acids (among many other things like Tryptophan, serotonin, melatonin, Tyrosine, dopamine, adrenaline and melanin. When these amino acids are out of balance, as have been found when amounts of Roundup are discovered in the blood of Autistic children, a direct correlation begins unfolding.

Some Biomarkers for Autism are:
■Disrupted gut bacteria;
■inflammatory bowel;
■Low serum sulfate
■Methionine deficiency
■Serotonin and melatonin deficiency
■Defective aromatase (CYP enzyme)
■Zinc and iron deficiency
■High serum nitrate and ammonia
■Impaired immune function
■Chronic low-­grade inflammation in the brain

Above we see two or more coexisting medical conditions or diseases that directly contribute to Autism: disrupted gut bacteria and impaired homeostasis of sulfur metabolites (especially sulfate). Two or more of these biomarkers found is almost certain that a child will have Autism. When we factor in that glyphosate is found in mother’s breast milk, there is no doubt of the directly correlation between Roundup and the diseases that are skyrocketing in our society now....'

scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outsider wrote:
http://healthfreedoms.org/2013/08/02/monsantos-roundup-linked-to-autis m-parkinsons-and-cancer/

I still think the autism is more likely to be related to inoculation... esp MMR.
outsider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scienceplease 2 wrote:
outsider wrote:

I still think the autism is more likely to be related to inoculation... esp MMR.

Who says there is only one cause? These a**holes are poisoning us every which way...

Gotta sign off - on my way to Balcombe, to the 'Anti-Fracking' Camp for the day.

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monsanto hired Blackwater offshoot to infiltrate and monitor anti-GMO actiiivists:
http://www.naturalnews.com/040492_gmo_activists_monsanto_blackwater.ht ml

"... entities closely linked to the private security firm Blackwater have provided intelligence, training and security services to US and foreign governments as well as several multinational corporations, including Monsanto, Chevron, the Walt Disney Company, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines and banking giants Deutsche Bank and Barclays, according to documents obtained by The Nation. Blackwater's work for corporations and government agencies was contracted using two companies owned by Blackwater's owner and founder, Erik Prince: Total Intelligence Solutions and the Terrorism Research Center (TRC). Prince is listed as the chairman of both companies in internal company documents, which show how the web of companies functions as a highly coordinated operation."

A spokesperson representing Monsanto admits the company hired Total Intelligence for information "... about the activities of groups or individuals that could pose a risk to company personnel or operations around the world which were developed by monitoring local media reports and other publicly available information. The subject matter ranged from information regarding terrorist incidents in Asia or kidnappings in Central America to scanning the content of activist blogs and websites."

However, what the spokesperson fails to address is that according to documents secured by Scahill, Monsanto was willing to pay a sizable sum (up to $500,000) for Blackwater agents to infiltrate anti-Monsanto organizations.

As the plot continues to thicken regarding Monsanto's tactics of domination, Ananda aptly notes:

"... Monsanto, by hiring a mercenary army and former CIA field agents, is deadly serious about protecting its deadly products. Yet, this contract further discredits the company. The public can now paint an even bleaker picture of the firm that brought us Agent Orange, PCBs, rBST, DDT, aspartame and, now, hit men."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040492_gmo_activists_monsanto_blackwater.ht ml#ixzz2bg35IAoP

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the French may have rejected Monsanto's toxic GM crop, but for how long?

Stop the Secret Trade Deals: the Monsanto Protection Act on Steroids!:
http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/stop_tpp_tafta_monsanto_protec tion_act_on_steroids/?akid=962.863753.5V_F7J&rd=1&t=4

'

If you thought the Monsanto Protection Act was bad, the secret trade deals called the TPP and TAFTA are a global nightmare. Right now two secret trade agreements, known as the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and Trans-Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (TAFTA), also called the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), are being negotiated behind closed doors like this spring when the Monsanto Protection Act was passed.

Just as we are on the verge of winning GMO labeling in the US, these secret negotiations could eliminate the ability of countries around the world to label GMOs or impose common sense restrictions on the sale of genetically engineered seed and food in their countries if Monsanto and other biotech companies get their way. They could also make it illegal to label GMOs in the U.S., placing the decision in the hands of corporate lobbyists and Monsanto GMO stooges.

Demand an end to secret trade deals, stop the fast track of TAFTA and the TPP. Stand with Food Democracy Now! - don't let corporations pass the Global Monsanto Protection Act!'

Please sign the petition (on the above link).

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short Corbett Report video clip 'Busting' GMO 'safety' myths:

'5 GMO Myths Busted':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ptDd9ftNaq8

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another worthwhile online petition:
Don't let Monsanto and the Corporate Class kill GMO labeling in Washington!:
http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/end_the_corporate_hypocrisy_on _gmos/?akid=966.863753.8qbxIH&rd=1&t=1

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'GMO Crops & Geoengineering Are Mutating Microorganisms & Spawning Deadly New Life Forms':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8MoAN9cILh8

'Published on 8 Jan 2013

Part of an interview by Dr. Joseph Mercola with Dr. Don Huber, an agricultural scientist and expert in microbial ecology who has discovered a new organism in GE animal feed—an organism that has since been clearly linked to infertility and miscarriage in cattle, horses, pigs, sheep, and poultry, which he also links to human fertility problems. The full interview is on Mercola's YT channel and website here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4swW9OFmf8&list=WL884A88C645A3C67D ..'

What is a Mycoplasma?

ForbiddenKnowledgeTV
Alexandra Bruce
ForbiddenKnowledgeTV
September 8, 2013

Dr. Don Huber, an agricultural scientist and expert in microbial ecology has discovered a new organism in genetically engineered animal feed. This mysterious organism, which he categorizes as a mycoplasma that has since been clearly linked to infertility and miscarriage in cattle, horses, pigs, sheep, and poultry, which he also links to human fertility problems.

Mycoplasma are the smallest living cells yet discovered. They can survive without oxygen and are resistant to Penicillin.

Their nature is essentially unknown, as far as their relationships with other organisms, while being minute in size and not being qualified as bacteria they were originally considered viruses for years.

Currently, mycoplasmas are considered to have evolved from gram-positive, walled eubacteria by degenerative evolution, meaning their evolutionary history appears to include the loss of cell wall. Further, in 1960s and 1970s knowledge about ultrastructure, cell membrane, genome and metabolic pathways of mycoplasmas resulted in conclusion that they are smallest and simplest self-replicating organisms.'

Also: 'Dr. Don Huber Interview at IFT Debate - Sun Valley, ID':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub00FdcIFyg

'Published on 30 Apr 2013

GMO Free Idaho and Dr. Don Huber engaged in a debate against a former Monsanto consultant at the IFT Conference in Sun Valley in March 2013. After the debate, Dr. Huber was generous with his time and set down with me for an interview.

Listen and learn about the nutrient deficiencies of GMO foods!'

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another opportunity to spike the Monsanto toxic bubble:
http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/stop_the_monsanto_protection_a ct/?akid=971.863753.WUwOBr&rd=1&t=3

Please sign the petition.

outsider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another chance for some Americans to demand GMO labelling:

Monsanto Pours Millions into GMO-Labeling Fight:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/01/monsanto -gmo-fight.aspx

But talk about hypocrisy! In the States, they pour millions into the anti-labelling fight, yet here in the UK they support it:

'Curiously enough, Monsanto is more than willing to “support” GMO labeling once they run out of options. Here’s a Monsanto ad from the UK, letting British consumers know how much the company supports the mandatory labeling of their goods—even urging Britons to seek such labels out—ostensibly because Monsanto believes “you should be aware of all the facts before making a decision.”

What’s the difference between British shoppers and American shoppers? Why does Monsanto support one nation’s right to know but not another? It’s time to put an end to this hypocritical charade and label foods in the US, as has been done in 64 other countries4 across the globe already!..'

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMO Monsanto vs Percy Schmeiser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7ii9ARL4EGg

Short 13 1/2 minute video clip (not new, but I couldn't find it on this thread) by farmer Percy Schmeiser.
Though this thread has had a lot of hits, there are very few other people adding to the thread; it is an extremely important part of the NWO plans for us all.

outsider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Genetic modification - Seeing through the corporate smoke & mirrors':
http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/food-1/genetic-modification.html

The greatest threat to humanity?

If it all goes to hell, you can always grow your own food, right?

Not if Monsanto and friends in Big Pharma have their way.

They have already put a ticking time bomb of a law on the US books which essentially makes backyard gardening a FEDERALLY regulated activity.

Very recently, they succeeded is getting nutritional food supplements BANNED in the European Union.

What's next?

How about poisoning the agricultural system with genetically modified e coli?'

scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outsider wrote:

What's next?

Poisoning natural water supplies and only having drinking water from "Soylent Green"-inspired Mega-Corporation bottles!

The poisoning comes from Fracking...
Nestle head has stated that drinking water should not be "free"... http://www.trueactivist.com/nestle-ceo-water-is-not-a-human-right-shou ld-be-privatized/
outsider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scienceplease 2 wrote:
outsider wrote:

What's next?

Poisoning natural water supplies and only having drinking water from "Soylent Green"-inspired Mega-Corporation bottles!

The poisoning comes from Fracking...
Nestle head has stated that drinking water should not be "free"... http://www.trueactivist.com/nestle-ceo-water-is-not-a-human-right-shou ld-be-privatized/

I didn't say that - it was on the site.

outsider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an opportunity to donate against Monsanto via Paypal, and get your donation double-matched:

Monsanto and the Grocery Manufacturers are going all in, Will You?
Your Donation Today Will be Matched 2 to 1!
https://fdn.actionkit.com/donate/stop_Monsanto_and_the_GMA_lie_machine _today/?akid=1022.863753.6slNo-&rd=1&t=1

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Who Turned Scientific American?':
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Who-Turned-Scientific-Amer-by-j-dial- Bees_Biotechnology_Environment_Glyphosate-131016-976.html

'Having read the nakedly biased industry talking points in the two GMO articles in your September issue, I did a Google search to see what else came up. Scrolling past the first part of the results page, which was liberally sprinkled with positive commentary from your own blogs and PR people, I came across evidence of a Scientific American article all set to go to press in August 2013 but which somehow never made it into the magazine (I checked) and is no longer available on the web, other than through this inconvenient Google trace. The disappeared article questions the ability of GM corn to protect against pest damage:

GMO Corn Failing to Protect Fields from Pest Damage: Scientific ...

https://http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=gmo-corn-fail ing..."-

Aug 28, 2013 - GMO Corn Failing to Protect Fields from Pest Damage ... had no immediate response to a request for comment, but the company has said in the ...

I don't know what happened to those two articles in your September issue, but in them all pretense to evenhandedness evaporated, and as subscribers we no longer feel that we can trust to your objectivity. You can skip the rest of this letter, because what concerns you is the fact that we are canceling our subscription, which we have carried for over 15 years, to Scientific American. The rest of this letter, however, is being published for the benefit of others.
The Editorial

Labeling: A bad idea?
The September issue of Scientific American devoted two articles to genetically modified foods. The first, an unsigned opinion and analysis from an unnamed Board of Editors, was titled, "Fight the GM Food Scare: Mandatory labels for genetically modified foods are a bad idea." Well, that certainly set the tone, if not for scrutiny....'

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Monsanto Files
The Ecologist September October 1998 (This edition was trashed by the printing office after threats from Monsanto) {footnotes are missing}
Revolving Doors: Monsanto and the Regulators
by Jennifer Ferrara
http://www.psrast.org/ecologmons.htm

'..The US was in the heat of a high-tech economic race with Japan, and, as far as agriculture was concerned, lawmakers saw genetic engineering as the new technology that would allow the US to maintain its position as the world's agricultural "leader".The federal government would erect no law that might reduce America's competitiveness in the future world market for bioengineered products.

The first government body to establish guidelines for biotechnology research was the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in 1976.[1] Since the NIH is an advisory and not a regulatory body, it could formulate guidelines, but it had no power to enforce them. From the beginning, the NIH guidelines relied on the scientific community's and industry's self-regulation, starting a trend that continues today. As corporations became more involved in genetic engineering, NIH guidelines made accommodations for field tests and mass production of genetically engineered organisms. In 1977 and 1978, 16 bills to regulate genetic research were introduced in the US Congress. None was passed, and the NIH guidelines - which dealt primarily with medical and pharmaceutical research and did not take a precautionary approach - remained the sole regulatory mechanism for biotechnology research.

In the early 1980s, agribusiness corporations were developing genetically engineered plants, animal drugs, and livestock, but no system was in place to regulate the development, sale, or use of these products.[2] This was the era of the deregulatory Reagan/Bush administration, which developed the framework by which bioengineered products, including food, are "regulated" today. Industrial profit, not public safety, was the administration's top priority. Government officials in the Office of Management and Budget, the Departments of State and Commerce, and the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy wanted to ensure that the administration did not do anything to "stifle" the dev[3] The Bush-era President's Council on Competitiveness, chaired by Vice-President Dan Quayle, joined the biotechnology industry in opposing strong regulations and close oversight by federal agencies.[4]

The result was a 1986 "biotechnology regulatory framework".[5] The policy was founded on the corporate-generated assertion that bioengineering was just an extension of traditional plant and animal breeding, and that bioengineered products did not differ fundamentally from non-engineered organisms.[6] The administration determined that existing federal agencies could regulate bioengineered products sufficiently and gave them overlapping regulatory authority.[7] For instance, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) would regulate bio-engineered organisms in food and drugs. The United States Department of Agriculture would regulate genetically engineered crop plants and animals. The Environmental Protection Agency would regulate genetically engineered organisms released into the environment for pest control. And the NIH would look at organisms that could affect public health. In determining that existing agencies could do the job of regulating bioengineered products, the administration avoided passing new, more stringent federal laws or establishing a new regulatory agency devoted to the task...'

'Monsanto versus farmer'
http://thegranddisillusion.wordpress.com/monsanto-vs-farmer/

In 1998, two years after the introduction of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in Canada, the Schmeisers received a lawsuit notice from Monsanto which said that they were growing Roundup Ready canola without a licence from Monsanto and that this was a patent infringement. Monsanto had a patent on a gene to make GM canola resistant to the glyphosate herbicide in its formulation Roundup. This came as a complete surprise to the Schmeisers who immediately realised that all their research and development on canola over the past fifty years had been contaminated by Monsanto’s GMOs. They felt that they had a case against Monsanto for liability and the damages possibly caused to them, and that was the beginning of [1] Schmeiser’s Battle for the Seed (SiS 19). And 10 years on, the Schmeisers have been invited to London to tell their full story [2].

The Schmeisers stood up to Monsanto’s claims of patent infringement in the Federal Court with just one judge and no jury. The pre-trial took two years to go to court in which Monsanto claimed that despite having no knowledge of Percy Schmeiser ever having obtained any GM seed, he must have used their seed on his 1 030 acres of land because ninety-eight percent of the land was GM contaminated. And, because the Schmeisers had contaminated their own seed supply with Monsanto seed, ownership of the Schmeisers seed supply reverted to Monsanto under patent law.

Monsanto owns all crops or seeds contaminated, the court ruled

The Court ruled after a two-and-half-week trial that it was the first patent infringement case on a higher life form in the world. The Judge’s ruling and Percy Schmeiser’s name became famous overnight:

·It does not matter how a farmer, a forester, or a gardener’s seed or plants become contaminated with GMOs; whether through cross pollination, pollen blowing in the wind, by bees, direct seed movement or seed transportation, the growers no longer own their seeds or plants under patent law, they becomes Monsanto’s property.

·The rate of GM contamination does not matter; whether it’s 1 percent, 2 percent, 10 percent, or more, the seeds and plants still belong to Monsanto.

·It’s immaterial how the GM contamination occurs, or where it comes from.

Notice that these abominations of laws came about in the Reagan/Bush Administration.
And it won't be long before we follow in US/Canada's footsteps -
Although it was my understanding GMO food crops were banned in the EU, I spoke fairly recently to a farmer who told me he fed his cows GM crops.
I checked on the net, and sure enough, the EU allows imports of GMO feedstock for animals: 'Some 50 different genetically modified crops for animal consumption have been approved for use in the EU.'
Even more worrying, they allow the growing of 2 GMO's for human consumption: 'In 14 years, the EU has approved the cultivation of just two types of genetically altered food crops for humans, the Amflora potato developed by German group BASF and MON810 maize developed by global seeds giant Monsanto.

The Amflora potato was a commercial flop, while the renewal of the authorisation of MON810 has been dragging along since 2007.

Vincent said renewal of MON810 was being held up by the Commission's freeze.

However the MON810 can continue to be cultivated in states which allow it until the Commission takes a decision...'http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2013/jan/22/the_europ ean_union_halts_new_gmo_crop_approvals/

Some GM foods in UK shops:
List of products containing GM in the UK

Product (found here/when)

1.KTC cooking oil (Tesco/from December 2008, Somerfield from March 2009, Sainsbury's April 2012)
2.Hershey's Nutrageous chocolate bars (Tesco/from January 2009, Sainsbury's/from March 2009)
3.Pride cooking oil (Tesco, Coop/from January 2007, Sainsbury's/from February 2008)
4.Schwartz Seasoned Salad Topping (Sainsbury's/from March 2009)
5.General Mills Bacos Bacon Flavour Soya chips (Tesco and Morrisons/March 2009)
6.OSEM cream crackers (Kosher) (Morrison's, July 2011)
7.OSEM sesame cracker (Kosher) (Waitrose, March 2012)
8.KTC oil (Asda, July 2012)
9.General Mills Lucky Charms cereal (Tesco, August 2013)

This action is linked to one about GM cooking oil, widely used in fish&chip shops, small cheap cafes and fast-food takeaways.
These outlets by law should have notices letting people know they use GMO oil or other products (sauces or soya) but many don't.

There is quite a lot of info there, and it corrected my assumption that we were at present protected from GM's in our foods (though I knew about GMO 'cotton seed oil').

outsider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gmosummit.org/?orid=89790&opid=56

'

We’re going to share with you the true effects of genetically engineered food on human health and the environment. You’re invited to join our panel of experts, researchers and activists in an inspirational and free, 3-day GMO Summit October 25-27, 2013.

This is a virtual event you can enjoy at no cost from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
If you want to know the TRUTH about GMOs and the risks Monsanto, the government, their paid advisors and the media are deliberately hiding from you, then join in this unique, free summit.

The GMO Mini Summit is for you if:

You’re unsure what Genetically Modified Foods are and you’re worried you may have already been affected.
You’re frightened about GMOs and the future of our food.
While you prioritize your health, and are diligent about eating wisely, you’re still experiencing allergies, food sensitivities, weight or intestinal issues, and you wonder if GMO foods might be to blame.
You’ve read articles and maybe even seen documentaries about GMOs, but you feel even more confused from all the conflicting evidence.
You do your best to eat unprocessed, organic food, but you’re not sure if you’re still unintentionally consuming GMOs.
You’d like to be able to explain GMOs to family and friends in a quick way anyone can understand.
You’re outraged at Monsanto’s irresponsible corporate behavior and want to know how to take action in a way that will make the biggest impact.
You’re on a budget or live where organic foods aren’t available, and would like to know how to avoid GMOs without necessarily having to buy “organic”.
You want to know how to avoid GMO foods in grocery stores and restaurants.
You want to support labeling initiatives like Washington’s I-522, and you want to become better informed so you can be an effective spokesperson and advocate.
You care about healthy food for a healthy and thriving planet.

Your 10 GMO Summit Speakers:

Thierry Vrain, PhD

The Former Pro GMO Scientist Speaks Out

Vandana Shiva, Ph.D.

Food Security In A Global Community

Ken Cook

Sustainable Agriculture for a Hungry World

Robyn O’Brien

Fighting
Food Allergies

Andrew Kimbrell

Your Right
To Know

Michael Hansen, Ph.D.

What Does The Science Tell Us?

Miguel Altieri, Ph.D

The Environmental Impact of GMOs

Claire Robinson, MPhil

The Science, The Spin, & The Truth

John and Jeffrey

Protect Your Family and Make a Difference

outsider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire Robinson, Michael Hansen and Thierry Vrain have been interviews today; the interviews can be listened to for the next 20-hours odd (24 hrs, but I presume that was from their start today).

'Former genetic engineer now speaks out against GMO risks':
http://www.non-gmoreport.com/articles/june2013/former-genetic-engineer -speaks-against-gmo-risks.php

'GM Food Labeling and Regulation

Thierry Vrain is a former scientist with Agriculture Canada

To access all the articles in this month's issue of The Organic & Non-GMO Report, SUBSCRIBE NOW.

The “conversion” of former anti-GMO activist Mark Lynas to GMO promoter has garnered huge media attention, but Thierry Vrain, Ph.D., a former genetic engineer who speaks out against the risks of genetically engineered foods, has far more credibility—and a far more important story to tell the public.

Thierry Vrain’s career has spanned the full range of agriculture—from being a proponent of “chemical” agriculture and genetic engineering to being an advocate for organic farming and an opponent of GMOs.

A native of France, Vrain earned an undergraduate degree in plant physiology from the Université de Caen and a doctoral degree from North Carolina State University. After moving to Canada he taught plant physiology at Université du Québec in Montréal. Then he worked for 30 years as a research scientist for the Canadian government in Québec and British Columbia where he conducted research on genetically modified potatoes, among other projects. He was director of the biotechnology department at the Pacific Agri-Food Research Centre in Summerland, BC.

After 35 years of research and teaching of soil and molecular biology, Vrain retired to a small farm in Courtenay, BC called Innisfree. Today, Thierry Vrain is a gardener, a teacher, and a passionate speaker about organic gardening—from soil health to GMOs.'

- See more at: http://www.non-gmoreport.com/articles/june2013/former-genetic-engineer -speaks-against-gmo-risks.php#sthash.KZyQ1Msk.dpuf

Notice how the 'previous GMO activist' Mark Lynas 'saw the light'. I believe he claimed to have been a leading anti-GMO activist, but nobody in the movement knew him. The MSM gave him huge coverage; WHERE HAVE WE SEEN THIS SORT OF BEHAVIOUR BEFORE?
Oh, yes! I remember, Charlie Veitch, who was clearly an infiltrator in the 9/11 Truth Movement, gaining 'some' credibility with the pathetic 'Love Police', then swanning off to America, courtesy of our old friends, the BBC, where he had his 'Damascene Moment', and (much to the BBC's delight, and I am sure, expectations) came to believe the 'Official Conspiracy Theory'.

Whilst these GMO presentations are very good, unfortunately it does not appear to be possible to download them; you can get it all on CD's, with transcript, but it's pricey.
I hope someone puts the info up on You tube before too long.

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'GMO Labeling Has Its Day In Court':
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/29/gmo-labe ling-campaign.aspx?e_cid=20131029Z2_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_mediu m=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20131029Z2

'We’re now only DAYS away from the next big GMO-labeling vote in the United States; this time in Washington State, where citizens will cast their votes for the people's initiative 522, "The People's Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act," on November 5.

As in last year’s California Proposition 37 GMO labeling campaign, the opposition from industry is fierce, with millions of dollars being poured into the anti-labeling campaign.

This year, they’ve really outdone themselves, being caught in a money laundering scheme designed to protect the identity of food companies contributing money to defeat Initiative 522. As reported by SeattlePi.com:1

“The food industrial giants gave individually in California last year, contributing to a $46 million war chest that narrowly turned back the labeling measure.

In planning the anti-522 campaign, however, Grocery Manufacturers Association CEO Pamela Bailey recommended creation of a fund — which became the Defense of Brand Strategic Account — in part to “better shield individual companies from attack.” Donations would be laundered through the account.”

Most of the funding for the anti-labeling campaign in Washington State was donated by the Grocery Manufacturers Association of America (GMA). The big food- and beverage companies that spent millions on last year’s No on Prop 37 campaign, however, remained curiously absent from any list of donors throughout most of this year’s No on Initiative 522’s campaign...'

'
Attorney General Files Suit Against Grocery Manufacturers Association

On October 16, Attorney General Bob Ferguson filed suit2 against the GMA in Thurston County Superior Court on behalf of the State of Washington, alleging the association had violated the state’s campaign disclosure laws. According to the press release:3

“Ferguson alleges the GMA illegally collected and spent more than $7 million while shielding the identity of its contributors. The funds were spent to express opposition to Initiative 522...

“When Washington state voters overwhelming approved Initiative 276 in 1972, they voiced their desire for transparency and openness in elections,” Ferguson said. “Truly fair elections demand all sides follow the rules by disclosing who their donors are and how much they are spending to advocate their views.”

... The AGO [Attorney general’s office] is preparing to seek a temporary restraining order asking the court to order the GMA to immediately comply with state disclosure laws. The AGO is also requesting civil penalties and costs of investigation and trial, including reasonable attorney’s fees, injunctive relief and any other relief the court deems appropriate.”

According to the filed complaint, the GMA began plotting and planning how to best defeat Initiative 522 back in December of 2012, placing particular emphasis on the establishment of a separate GMA fund to “combat current threats and better shield individual companies from attack.”

You can find a summarized timeline of the development of the anti-labeling campaign in Joel Connelly’s article on SeattlePi.com.4 For example, in it he reveals that:

“The Grocery Manufacturers Association names its fund the “Defense of Brand Strategic Account” and determines that association members would be assessed, separate from their normal association dues. The account would be segregated...”

The Attorney General has requested the Superior Court impose the following penalties on the GMA, which, according to Ferguson, are meant to serve as deterrents in future state elections as well:
•Assess a penalty for failing to comply with state campaign finance laws in a “timely properly” manner
•Pay for the costs of the investigation, plus the state’s attorney fees, and
•If found guilty of intentionally violating state campaign finance laws, be ordered to pay triple the damages..'

outsider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Genetic Roulette -- The Gamble of Our Lives':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUQWG4-vq90#t=80

'Uploaded on 1 Nov 2013

We are extremely excited to announce a free, week long streaming of the new and improved 60 minute version of Genetic Roulette--The Gamble of Our Lives, winner of the Top Transformational Film of 2012 by AwareGuide and 2012 Movie of the Year by the Solari Report.

Featuring testimony from healthcare practitioners, scientists, veterinarians, parents, and others about the health risks of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), this powerful documentary shares the amazing stories of individuals who saw undeniable improvements after switching to a non-GMO diet.'

outsider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'New GMO Crops Temporarily Blocked in Mexico':
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31 &Itemid=74&jumival=10935

'A judge in Mexico recently approved a temporary injunction against the approval of any new genetically modified food permits for experimental or commercial corn planting until pending lawsuits alleging environmental dangers are resolved. The move does not stop current trials that were previously approved.

In other GMO news, this year's World Food Prize went to three biotech engineers that work with genetically modified food. And this move's been met with wide criticism.

Now joining us to discuss this is Timothy Wise, research and policy director of the Global Development and Environment Institute at Tufts University...'

c01olin
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality book printing and consultancy service supplier to provide best-quality finishing and high-quality colors on all your book printing & packaging printing products as well as fast worldwide delivery.
book printing in china
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Dow Chemical want to genetically modify corn and soya to withstand Agent Orange!
Tell the USDA to Stop Dow Chemical’s "Agent Orange" Crops:
http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action _KEY=12645&sp_ref=24779449.65.1899.e.0.2

'Wide scale use of Roundup with Roundup Ready GE crops has led to a new generation of resistant weeds, and the next step in the chemical arms race is 2,4-D — a chemical linked to major health problems including cancer, Parkinson’s disease, endocrine disruption, and reproductive problems. Industry tests show that 2,4-D is contaminated with dioxins—often referred to as the most toxic substance known to science. EPA has reported that 2,4-D is the seventh largest source of dioxins in the U.S. Dioxin contamination in the rivers and soil around Dow Chemical’s headquarters in Midland, Michigan has led to the highest dioxin levels ever found by the EPA in fish, and has been linked to increased breast cancer rates in the contaminated areas.

And now Dow wants to use even more toxic 2,4-D on our farms and food crops!

Dow's "Agent Orange" corn will trigger a large increase in 2,4-D use--and our exposure to this toxic herbicide--yet USDA has failed to investigate the potential harms caused by such an increase. This is part of a growing problem, an escalating chemical arms race going on across America’s heartland. Dow Chemical is hyping GE 2,4-D corn and soy as the solution to glyphosate-resistant weeds, but GE crop systems caused the “superweeds” in the first place. Like Roundup before it, 2,4-D is only a temporary solution that will require more and more toxic chemicals leaching into our environment and food supply.

But the growing problem of “superweeds” isn’t a problem for Dow Chemical. In fact, Dow scientist John Jachetta welcomed it in glowing terms as “a new era” and “a very significant opportunity” for chemical companies like Dow Chemical. Indeed, Dow Chemical’s “Agent Orange” crops are bad for farmers, consumers, communities and the environment—but they’re great for Dow Chemical’s bottom line.

Tell the government to reject Dow Chemical’s “Agent Orange” corn and soy

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of Monsanto's 'dirty tricks':
Safety Group Blows Lid on ‘Secret Virus’ Hidden in GMO Crops:
http://naturalsociety.com/safety-group-blows-lid-on-secret-virus-hidde n-in-gmo-crops/

'..For years, GMOs have been consumed knowingly and unknowingly around the globe, with Monsanto and the United States government claiming that the altered franken crops are perfectly safe despite very limited (or virtually none in some cases) initial testing and scientists speaking out against the dangers. One such danger that has actually not been spoken about has been revealed in a recent report by a safety watchdog group known as the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).

Another Dirty Secret of Monsanto

In the EFSA report, which can be read online, you can find (within the scientific wording) that researchers discovered a previously unknown viral gene that is known as ‘Gene VI’. What’s concerning is that not only is the rogue gene found in the most prominent GMO crops and about 63% of GMO traits approved for use (54 out of 86 to be precise), but it can actually disrupt the very biological functions within living organisms. Popular GMO crops such as Roundup-Ready soybeans, NK603, and MON810 corn were found to contain the gene that induces physical mutations. NK603 maize, of course, was also recently linked to the development of mass tumors in rats...'

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Fox News Kills Monsanto Milk Story':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axU9ngbTxKw

Ten-minute clip of how Monsanto frightened Fox News into dropping a condemnatory report on Monsanto's bovine growth hormone, and sacking the reporters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: