FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

site credibility issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilbert Smith (1910-1962)

"I make no attempt to 'prove' anything, and have no intention of doing so. It is up to each and every one to search out the truth and decide for themselves just what is truth. Truth needs no justification; it stands alone."

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!

Last edited by Andrew Johnson on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify what I and others are proposing

To make the separation between the public presentation of the campaign and this forum more obvious and even more explicit

This allows this forum to continue to serve the purpose it does and allows all to speak their own truth: speaking in support of but not on behalf of the campaign, whilst developing a separate campaign website with a clear professional message that defines the campaign.

Why? Because in order to get the wider public (who are largely still unaware of the main questions and evidence presented by the 9/11 truth movement) to consider the evidence and do their own research, it is necessary to present the clearest and most credible message.

It is not a question of either / or but both
andrewwatson
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
Just to clarify what I and others are proposing

To make the separation between the public presentation of the campaign and this forum more obvious and even more explicit

This allows this forum to continue to serve the purpose it does and allows all to speak their own truth: speaking in support of but not on behalf of the campaign, whilst developing a separate campaign website with a clear professional message that defines the campaign.

Why? Because in order to get the wider public (who are largely still unaware of the main questions and evidence presented by the 9/11 truth movement) to consider the evidence and do their own research, it is necessary to present the clearest and most credible message.

It is not a question of either / or but both

I agree Ian. Debate is a healthy sign and should be encouraged, not ridiculed.

Andy, one man's truth is another man's paranoia. You hold views which many 'joe publics' would consider cracked and paranoic. Differing views on this board deserve our adult consideration, not labels like 'delusion' or 'paranoia'.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've continued to consider the issues of this thread carefully over the last few days, and I have now decided that it would be better to split the forum from the campaign, to give the campaign the best possible chance of having a solid platform to bring other parties on board who have still not made the jump of questioning the basic elements of the official story

This can hardly be done when the campaign is still wedded to the forum, which is acurately reflecting the mass of weak theories and fantasy thinking that is propogating across the internet as a whole. Thats not to blame the forum itself for that, but the campaign needs clarity and effectivness, not a smokescreen, and its needs must come first

Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye john, just as well your opinion don't count for sh*t.

but I do agree, lets have a forum for real 911ers (those battling it out for the last 4+ years) and one for 911 lite'ers (those who jumped on the wagon in the last six months and think they know everything & want to split the movement)

we'll soon see which gathers the most moss.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:

but I do agree, lets have a forum for real 911ers(those battling it out for the last 4+ years) and one for 911 lite'ers(those who jumped on the wagon in the last six months and think they know everything & want to split the movement)

My opinion counts for my opinion Ally, and as I have told you before, theres not a damn thing you can do about it

But sure, I'd take your challenge. When are you starting your own "9/11 battle veterans" forum then? Good luck with that

THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
Ally wrote:

but I do agree, lets have a forum for real 911ers(those battling it out for the last 4+ years) and one for 911 lite'ers(those who jumped on the wagon in the last six months and think they know everything & want to split the movement)

My opinion counts for my opinion Ally, and as I have told you before, theres not a damn thing you can do about it

But sure, I'd take your challenge. When are you starting your own "9/11 battle veterans" forum then? Good luck with that

I agree with Ally - John your such a pompous clever dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick with your truth lie
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:

I don't need to as a member of half dozen forums of this nature,

I make my contributions to each and never call for a split unlike yourself.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm supporting a call already made. Do try to keep up with the news
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
I'm supporting a call already made. Do try to keep up with the news

so start one of your pompous thirdrateicke polls and gauge what people here think.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont you? Better yet, go and debate "no Planes" and "beam weapons" in critics corner if you truly believe they stand up. Shouldnt be a problem for such a scared and hardened "warrior" Laughing
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Ally and TTWSU3, show a bit more respect to people who hold differing views, please.

I will discuss our options with others and then propose a more concrete plan.

Anyone want to feed in ideas can PM and I'll give you my mobile number or continue to post here.
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:

Ally and TTWSU3, show a bit more respect to people who hold differing views, please.

no, you.

I've yet to see Ian back those who share your positon instead of supporting who attack us.
wepmob2000
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
lets have a forum for real 911ers (those battling it out for the last 4+ years) and one for 911 lite'ers (those who ...........think they know everything & want to split the movement)

Pot calling kettle black?
THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:

I will discuss our options with others and then propose a drewmore concrete plan.

Anyone want to feed in ideas can PM and I'll give you my mobile number or continue to post here.

Respect has to be earned.

I have respect for Andrew Johnson, Ally, Mason Free Party, Pikey, Andrew Watson and a few others.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
ian neal wrote:

I will discuss our options with others and then propose a drewmore concrete plan.

I have respect for Andrew Johnson, Ally, Mason Free Party, Pikey, Andrew Watson and a few others.

Because they are the only ones who put up with your speculation, which is one of the main reasons this thread and idea was started. Like John said if you are so sure of your theories test them out in Critics Corner.

THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyb wrote:
THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
ian neal wrote:

Because they are the only ones who put up with your speculation, which is one of the main reasons this thread and idea was started. Like John said if you are so sure of your theories test them out in Critics Corner.

What theories are you on about - No Planes and Beam Weapons are not my theories - they will not go away and more than likely they will form the basis of most of the postings on this site. Get used to it or form your own section for LITE TRUTH.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
andyb wrote:
THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
ian neal wrote:

What theories are you on about - No Planes and Beam Weapons are not my theories - they will not go away and more than likely they will form the basis of most of the postings on this site. Get used to it or form your own section for LITE TRUTH.

This is a campaign foum and not a research forum, like Ally said there are plenty of other places you can do that.

They will only form the majority of postings as you can't stop posting about them. I've yet to see you post anything of any credibility. You are merely a disciple of Andrew Johnson and Ally and quite clearly show a lack of ability to think for yourself.

THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyb wrote:
THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
andyb wrote:
THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
ian neal wrote:

This is a campaign foum and not a research forum, like Ally said there are plenty of other places you can do that.

They will only form the majority of postings as you can't stop posting about them. I've yet to see you post anything of any credibility. You are merely a disciple of Andrew Johnson and Ally and quite clearly show a lack of ability to think for yourself.

Can't make my mind up about you Andy

Have you ever posted anything that was remotely interesting - if so please post the link to it.

I won't hold my breath
wepmob2000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
andyb wrote:
THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
ian neal wrote:

Yes, thus leaving the way clear for those who watched the X-Files and thought it was real............
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
andyb wrote:
THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
andyb wrote:
THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
ian neal wrote:

Can't make my mind up about you Andy

Have you ever posted anything that was remotely interesting - if so please post the link to it.

I won't hold my breath

well being based in reality they would probably not hold any interest to you.

Belinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully these (wearisome) wrangles will soon be ironed out when we get the new campaign forum going, this will then be the 'research' forum and people will be free to argue about planes and pods and beams to their heart's content without being relegated to critics corner (which need at that point no longer exist).

but there'll still be a need possibly for a corner for OFF-TOPIC stuff and IMO a CORNER in the traditional sense for people to be sent to when they're rude!!!
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belinda wrote:
hopefully these (wearisome) wrangles will soon be ironed out when we get the new campaign forum going, this will then be the 'research' forum and people will be free to argue about planes and pods and beams to their heart's content without being relegated to critics corner (which need at that point no longer exist).

but there'll still be a need possibly for a corner for OFF-TOPIC stuff and IMO a CORNER in the traditional sense for people to be sent to when they're rude!!!

Will people be allowed to discuss if 911 was an inside job on the new forum?

Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bangs head on desk and wonders............

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
ian neal wrote:

Possibly respect is the wrong word. Please show a bit more tolerance and politeness to those who hold differing views and need less to say that works both ways. Tolerance breeds tolerance, (hate breed hate, love breeds love)

Now a fuller explanation of the principles of this forum and how things will change

Why 9/11?

I believe the evidence exists or can be obtained that will show beyond any reasonable doubt that senior figures in the US conspired to make or intentionally allow 9/11 to happen and many others have since conspired to cover up these crimes and protect the guilty including the intelligence services, senior politicians and the major global media conglomerates. The implications of this being true are huge: revolutions have happened over less.

If the 9/11 truth movement can convince the wider public in this country and the US come to accept and mobilise around this message, it has the potential to transform global politics, expose a great many other secrets, high crimes and deceptions and sweep the PTB from power. But this won't happen unless we are united around a simple platform (such as expressed on the site's front page) and willing to unite with others who are also working for peace and justice.

Why 'no endorsement'

Anyone who followed the early days of the 9/11 truth movement, will know how in the US there were schisms, squabbles and in-fighting amongst leading campaigners based on what evidence to present and who were 'true' 9/11 truth campaigners and who were 'spooks' or 'shills'. Those divisions are still apparent.

In seeking to build up a network of campaigners, I was determined to avoid this in-fighting. I knew from previous campaigning how devisive, time consuming, energy sapping and off-putting to an outside audience, internal squabbles are.

A solution that occured to me was to create a simple yet hard-hitting message that 'we' could all united around but without endorsing any one voice within the movement or any one position on the evidence, since this had been what most of the squabbles that occured in the US revolved around. This then allows all campaigners to use whatever books, DVDs, websites and campaign methods they want (from the growing list that is now available) to make their case. This policy avoids some of the problems associated with traditional political campaigning and gives a great deal of freedom and autonomy to individual campaigners and local groups and reduces the role of any central/national group.

However this cunning plan relies on a few things:

Tolerance: If MIHOPers and LIHOPers, pods/no pods advocates, peak oil/non peak oil advocates, 9/11 'hardliners' / 9/11 'lite' and so on. If all the different approaches and beliefs that exist across the 9/11 truth movement are to unite (from Michael Meacher to David Icke as I put) then there has to be tolerance of those that hold different views. This tolerance is demonstrated by how polite or abusive you are of those that differ with you.

Common sense: When making the case for 9/11 truth in a public setting, whether here, elsewhere in cyberspace, in books/articles or in public meetings, campaigners would be well advised to present the most credible, rational, well considered evidence in support of the campaign and to present the case in such a way that you are seen to be friendly, open-minded and non-dogmatic. Common sense you would think and it is widely understood amongst the vast majority of the many campaigners I have met.

Intelligence: It was always inevitable that a forum such as this would attract people that push each other's buttons. It seems some delight in this sport. Others I dare say are deliberately here to be provacative and antagonistic in order provoke others (I'm thinking mostly of some of the critics). It requires a degree of discipline to respond calmly and reasonably in the face of such provocation, rather than telling someone to go * themselves. This is true of public meetings as well as in cyberspace. It also takes intelligence to see that being calm and 'reasonable' is a whole lot more effective as well.

However, judging by many posts here, this forum is not proving to be the best vehicle to build a united credible campaign. I believe this is possibly due to the nature of public forums. If as a campaign 'we' wish to convey unity, tolerance, common sense and intelligence, there are better ways to communicate this than through an open forum, I believe and this is shared by many influential campaigners I've spoken with

How things will change

So things will be changing. Based on the comments here and wider discussions the following will take place.

This forum will continue but will be repackaged with a new improved disclaimer and explanation of its nature and purpose

A new campaign website will be developed and launched to better communicate the campaign

A clear separation between the two sites will be established.

The details and content of both of these websites is open to being influenced directly. I have had a couple of offers of help and would welcome other offers/comments/suggestions (by PM or phone). I will try and pull a virtual team together to make this happen. My input will be limited due to work and family commitments but I will try and pull people together and make this happen. Please be patient in the meantime. Thanks.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:

Will people be allowed to discuss if 911 was an inside job on the new forum?

I hope there will be no forum on the new website which incidentally is here: http://www.911truthcampaign.net/

And that the information about what the 9/11 truth movement stands for be tranferred to the new site.

Then this site can carry on with people being rude and calling each other traitors, shills, conspiraloons and lizards, quite independent of the Campaign for 9/11 Truth

Noel
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmasdale wrote:
I hope there will be no forum on the new website which incidentally is here: http://www.911truthcampaign.net/

Indeed there will not a forum. Even the link to this site, that describes this forum as an affiliated forum may need rewording to better describe the relationship. It should be noted the new site is still a work in progress.

xmasdale wrote:
Then this site can carry on with people being rude and calling each other traitors, shills, conspiraloons and lizards, quite independent of the Campaign for 9/11 Truth

Incorrect.

Rudeness and name calling will still be barred and offending posts will be deleted as and when the moderators intervene.

The principles will still stand

The only change is that the separation between the campaign and the views on this or any other forum will be even more clearly expressed and communicated, so that the people at NFB for example are crystal clear that the selective quotations from a public forum not not represent the campaign
Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, once again you have described our approach to campaigning for the truth perfectly - the simple rule is to treat people like you wish to be treated yourself. Harnessing humility and humour are great ways to win over people to your point of view.

With the words of David Ray Griffin at the Conway Hall still ringing in our ears, our future campaigning zeal and expertise must be focused on why and how the official 9/11 story is not sustainable or believable. It is not up to us to prove what actually happened on that fateful day - this will all come out later once mass public opinion demands the truth. I can appreciate why people do try to work out how it was actually done but the time spent doing this is just providing the 'hidden hand' with ammunition to use against us.

Our focus must be on campaigning against the official version of events. We are in for the long haul - Christmas is fast approaching and our momentum will inevitably slacken off somewhat during this time of distraction. However, with the arrival of Loose Change 3 hopefully in the cinemas in the Spring of next year, plus our own 7/7/7 event and the setting up of local active Truth groups all around the country, the wind would appear set fair for us. All I ask people to do on this forum is to ask yourselves each day "what have I actually done to get the truth out today?"

Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the committee meeting in Blackpool early in the year it was actioned to set up an official website with no forum.

This thread, started by Suspecta titled "site credibility issues" is suggesting censorship of wilder 911 theories. The wildest theory I have read about 911 is that 19 Arab Muslims with boxcutters were responsible for the crime of my lifetime.

IMO the only censorship on this forum should be non 911 issues (that excludes issues speculated as possible 911 issues such as the Illuminati and secret societies, etc) and those who insult, "flame" and aim to create division and trouble within the movement.

Personally I do not have a problem with those who speculate what really did happen on 911. Its up to the individual to decide what he/she wants to believe.

IMO the site credibility issue is tolerance of personal insults and moderation. Over the last four months the forum has become dominated by a MINORITY dishing out personal insults, being rude and disrespectful
and getting away with it. The latest recipient I have read of this has been Keith Motherson from Gordboy who followed this up by refering to me as a "prat". The inevitable result of this acceptance of insults by moderators is that "insults" breed "insults" just as "negative" input tends to breed "negative" input

Personally I feel there should be a code of conduct clearly notified to everyone who registers and an agreement to this. Then a moderation policy of zero tolerance applied to this code of conduct.

Sadly there is not a balance of male and female energy on this website, if there were with the exception of the abnormal (re: Badger Kitten re: Rachel North) this forum would be a more civilised place and more appealing to the wider audience. Its always refreshing to read the ego-free,positive and wise input from Belinda, Annie and Linda.

Belinda suggests a corner for people to be put when they are rude.........a sin bin a months ban from posting on the the website!!!!!!

The decision to accommodate the shills/Trolls/critics with Critics corner was a brave and respectful one based on trust that they would remain in CC. Sadly they abuse the ruling and trust and take advantage or our limited but dedicated moderation resources.

I disagree with iro (by the way iro how did we avoid not meeting each other at Belindas after the DRG event?) that this website has become a "grand failure". I do agree though it becomes a negative experience when you encounter personal insults and negative input.

This website, second only to our individual campaigners/supporters and truth groups remains our best asset and the only facility at present that gives polarisation to the GB & I movement.

TWSU3 wasn't Andy B the guy responsible for the project management of our recent highly successful 5th anniversary gathering and DRG event in London? A huge and key individual contribution and definitely one which earned respect IMO. Salute

Justin IMO is spot on with:-

Quote:
Ian, once again you have described our approach to campaigning for the truth perfectly - the simple rule is to treat people like you wish to be treated yourself.

and

Quote:
Our focus must be on campaigning against the official version of events

and

Quote:
All I ask people to do on this forum is to ask yourselves each day "what have I actually done to get the truth out today?"

and that 2007 promises to be a productive year for the 911 truth campaign. as our top quality Chairman, Ian Crane stated at the London gathering rather than state "what if", "shall we" state "I will". "we will" or even better "I have" "we have".

Finally lets not forget that passionate speech at the David Ray Griffin event by David Shayler requesting supporters "to get out there and do it".

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikey wrote:

I disagree with iro (by the way iro how did we avoid not meeting each other at Belindas after the DRG event?) that this website has become a "grand failure". I do agree though it becomes a negative experience when you encounter personal insults and negative input.

maybe we did meet and get on fine...? that would be typical of me - i can often come across as quite clinical and cold on forums but im much different in person... very much a 'people person'

i was there with olly, owen, chris the cameraman and frog. Can you describe yourself a little, i was there wearing a blue bill hicks tshirt with short hair, im in my mid 20's Cool
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No iro sadly i dont think we spoke to each other. I remember Olly and Chris the cameraman as they were with David Shayler alot. I spoke to Frog about his experience about putting a bet on 911 and the follow up from the authorities!

Hopefully we will meet up and enjoy some 911 fellowship at next years gathering. Very Happy

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: