FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View from the Rabbit Hole VIDEO with John White

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: View from the Rabbit Hole VIDEO with John White Reply with quote

Hi All

I am delighted to present the now completed film of my very first public talk, "The View from the Rabbit Hole", delivered here in Malvern on the 30th May 2007

I sincerely hope you will enjoy my efforts, I'm certainly up for doing more. Talking to each other and sharing what we know and how we see things is the most pro-active thing we can do to all help each other into a better way of life

If you enjoy this, please do spread the link around, and enjoy checking out www.malvernmessages.com where I've put together loads of info so anyone so inspired can delve deeper into topics covered in this film. I did my best to deliver a talk that can communicate to the "un-initiated" as well as interest the experianced truthseeker, and nothing could be better than if you find this film an effective tool to help you as you work to "break the spell" for those around you

So heres the link:

Link

Direct link:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7531242795885482799

And here is how I presented the talk to the audience beforehand:

Quote:
About John White:

John is a Malvern based philosopher who has self-published on the internet since 2005. He’s involved with several websites, notably www.Illusionsforum.com and www.malvernmessages.com, and has oodles of time to ponder the things most people are too worn out after living busy lives to get round to: reporting back his findings is, as he sees it, his “job”. John started asking awkward questions at a very early age and has never really got the hang of stopping. After a few years, he started to get some interesting answers…. Now in his mid-thirties, John has grown his hair to regulation philosophical length, and appears too far gone for calls of “cut yer ‘air and get a proper Job hippie!” to stand much chance of getting through to him… Still, it’s well worth listening to what he has to say

John’s talk is about:

The View from the Rabbit Hole

John takes us on a whirlwind tour of the “rabbit hole”, where we learn that reality exists only inside our heads, “they” we never in charge: we were, that the problems of the world are its greatest opportunities and there’s never been more reason to believe that, far from being about to wipe itself out, humanity is the closest it has ever been to getting it all very very right, and emerge into an entirely new consciousness that will change life for everyone immeasurably for the better, for ever. The audience will also learn never to look at their mortgage the same way ever again, and discover not only that there’s something they can do to help out, but that they are in fact, the answer

White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Recall Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the doorknob said:
"Feed your head
Feed your head
Feed your head"

Big props to dondaz for all his fantastic help making this real

And YES, 9/11 truth does get a look in!

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the dormouse, not the doorknob

I saw them @ Bath in 1970 BTW (they were rained off but Hot Tuna came on after the downpour and played a stormer) and White Rabbit was my favourite song of 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_Festival

I was thinking of putting together a presentation for my local village hall later in the summer... but who knows where the time goes..

Last edited by rodin on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodin wrote:
It was the dormouse, not the doorknob

I saw them @ Bath in 1970 BTW and White Rabbit was my favourite song of 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_Festival

I was thinking of putting together a presentation for my local village hall later in the summer... but who knows where the time goes..

I'm not worthy! (bows!)

And quite right, of course its doormouse, I did get it right in the talk though

Its not easy to get the momemtum together to organise a talk and get people to come along, but I am convinced its worth the efort, becuase ultimatley we need "the info" off the computer screens and into the community

I greatly enjoyed doing this talk and would definately do more, the real challenge was deciding what to put in when there is so much to talk about

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concert over-ran. We had to stay for the Byrds - obviously - and missed the chartered bus back to Edinburgh depite a 5-mile back-pack sprint. 3 days later we had hitch-hiked home out of necessity. After that we got the bug (and learned better technique) and would often spend the weekend going up & down (or is that down and up) the A1. Nights in Hyde Park and Kings X, and the feeling of being somewhere slightly foreign... Guitar shops in Soho...

**sigh**

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an intresting talk especially about reality as we sense it, my first thought when hearing what you said was dogs, they are proof there are things around us we are unable to detect but they are sensitive to, something our programming is unable to pick up on. and maybe dogs don't see the full reality either.

of course its not just limited to dogs, ive had a few cats in the past that arched their backs and hissed at nothing, well nothing as far as i could sense in my reality.
utopiated
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my list to listen to.

Did you all pop off to 'The Kettle Sings' after?

--
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utopiated wrote:
On my list to listen to.

Did you all pop off to 'The Kettle Sings' after?

Nice one mate: and heck no, its quite a stomp from Great Malvern to kettle sings! I'm more of a St Anns Well kind of fella anyway

Fallious
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. You should do more Cool
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched some of this this morning. Really enjoying it so far. Lovely delivery.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thoroughly enjoyed your talk, John, though I was slightly disappointed to find you were not quite as wizard-like as your avatar. (Give you a few years…) Laughing

I think you did excellently, especially for a first talk. Your subjects were well chosen. Your voice is easy on the ear and your manner is appealing.

I knew much of what you covered but still found new nuggets which were well worth finding. Here is one result...

On Zelikow, I found this on his Wikipedia page:
Quote:

While at Harvard he worked with Ernest May and Richard Neustadt on the use, and misuse, of history in policymaking. They observed, as Zelikow noted in his own words, that "contemporary" history is "defined functionally by those critical people and events that go into forming the public's presumptions about its immediate past.

And this:
Quote:
In writing about the importance of beliefs about history, Zelikow has called attention to what he has called "'searing' or 'molding' events [that] take on 'transcendent' importance and, therefore, retain their power even as the experiencing generation passes from the scene. In the United States, beliefs about the formation of the nation and the Constitution remain powerful today, as do beliefs about slavery and the Civil War. World War II, Vietnam, and the civil rights struggle are more recent examples." He has noted that "a history’s narrative power is typically linked to how readers relate to the actions of individuals in the history; if readers cannot make a connection to their own lives, then a history may fail to engage them at all."[1]

Is anyone else thinking of the same "searing" "molding" event as me?

Then there's this uncannily prescient passage:
Quote:
Zelikow has also written about terrorism and national security, including a set of Harvard case studies on "Policing Northern Ireland." In the November-December 1998 issue of Foreign Affairs, he co-authored an article entitled "Catastrophic Terrorism," in which he speculated that if the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center had succeeded, "the resulting horror and chaos would have exceeded our ability to describe it. Such an act of catastrophic terrorism would be a watershed event in American history. It could involve loss of life and property unprecedented in peacetime and undermine America’s fundamental sense of security, as did the Soviet atomic bomb test in 1949. Like Pearl Harbor, the event would divide our past and future into a before and after. The United States might respond with draconian measures scaling back civil liberties, allowing wider surveillance of citizens, detention of suspects and use of deadly force. More violence could follow, either future terrorist attacks or U.S. counterattacks. Belatedly, Americans would judge their leaders negligent for not addressing terrorism more urgently."

It's almost as if he is proposing an event such as 911...

Only one criticism: I suspect that much of the info you shared about banking and money is incorrect. For example, the Bank of England is not a private institution. It used to be, but was nationalised in 1946 and is now wholly owned by HM Treasury. See this thread: http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=9890

If you are giving the talk again I would omit that section or amend it after further research.

Hope that helps and good luck. Cool

utopiated
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:

Nice one mate: and heck no, its quite a stomp from Great Malvern to kettle sings! I'm more of a St Anns Well kind of fella anyway

That's the cafe where you can be really tight and just get the free spring water Twisted Evil

Queen Liz still takes that exact stuff abroad apparently.

--
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig W wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed your talk, John, though I was slightly disappointed to find you were not quite as wizard-like as your avatar. (Give you a few years…) Laughing

I think you did excellently, especially for a first talk. Your subjects were well chosen. Your voice is easy on the ear and your manner is appealing.

I knew much of what you covered but still found new nuggets which were well worth finding. Here is one result...

On Zelikow, I found this on his Wikipedia page:
Quote:

While at Harvard he worked with Ernest May and Richard Neustadt on the use, and misuse, of history in policymaking. They observed, as Zelikow noted in his own words, that "contemporary" history is "defined functionally by those critical people and events that go into forming the public's presumptions about its immediate past.

And this:
Quote:
In writing about the importance of beliefs about history, Zelikow has called attention to what he has called "'searing' or 'molding' events [that] take on 'transcendent' importance and, therefore, retain their power even as the experiencing generation passes from the scene. In the United States, beliefs about the formation of the nation and the Constitution remain powerful today, as do beliefs about slavery and the Civil War. World War II, Vietnam, and the civil rights struggle are more recent examples." He has noted that "a history’s narrative power is typically linked to how readers relate to the actions of individuals in the history; if readers cannot make a connection to their own lives, then a history may fail to engage them at all."[1]

Is anyone else thinking of the same "searing" "molding" event as me?

Then there's this uncannily prescient passage:
Quote:
Zelikow has also written about terrorism and national security, including a set of Harvard case studies on "Policing Northern Ireland." In the November-December 1998 issue of Foreign Affairs, he co-authored an article entitled "Catastrophic Terrorism," in which he speculated that if the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center had succeeded, "the resulting horror and chaos would have exceeded our ability to describe it. Such an act of catastrophic terrorism would be a watershed event in American history. It could involve loss of life and property unprecedented in peacetime and undermine America’s fundamental sense of security, as did the Soviet atomic bomb test in 1949. Like Pearl Harbor, the event would divide our past and future into a before and after. The United States might respond with draconian measures scaling back civil liberties, allowing wider surveillance of citizens, detention of suspects and use of deadly force. More violence could follow, either future terrorist attacks or U.S. counterattacks. Belatedly, Americans would judge their leaders negligent for not addressing terrorism more urgently."

It's almost as if he is proposing an event such as 911...

Only one criticism: I suspect that much of the info you shared about banking and money is incorrect. For example, the Bank of England is not a private institution. It used to be, but was nationalised in 1946 and is now wholly owned by HM Treasury. See this thread: http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=9890

If you are giving the talk again I would omit that section or amend it after further research.

Hope that helps and good luck. Cool

Hi Craig: thanks for the compliments, and absolutely the background of Zelicow is highly interesting. FWIW I reckon that raising that one red flag with regard to Zelicow in the minds of the audience, in itself, is enougth to start the ball rolling that ends with the demolition of the official story and the credibility of the commision. Straussian through and through

But also: yes you're right, the banking segment is the rougthest part of the talk, and would certainly be thoroughly revamped before I used it again. In part, its becuase I was feeling my way around the copnversation rather than delivering a set speech and simply dropped some stuff as too complex to get into, in others becuase the depth of the subject was straining the time available for it.. so its good for popping the bubble about how loans work and at least exposing that the BOE started as a private company... but no, not 100% on accuracy. I'll do my best to do better next time!

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone who checked out the film this week. For a first experimental outing its been enourmously succesful with over 500 hits in the first seven days. More projects in the pipeline!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: