FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Barclaycard Joins forces with Oyster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peloloco
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Barclaycard Joins forces with Oyster Reply with quote

This is going top be advertised soon. How does that work? The bankers and the TFL join forces to reel in more of the unreflecting herd.

Is it just me or is there something sinister about this oyster card? "touch in and touch out".

Oystercard.jpg
 Description:
The new Barclaycard
 Filesize:  253.5 KB
 Viewed:  105 Time(s)

Oystercard.jpg

andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately not just you Peloloco. Next time you're in the station go to the ticket machine put let it read your oyster card and then look at history. all your journeys are being tracked. Buy your weekly and monthly tickets from a National rail station and you still get the old fashioned ticket
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyb wrote:
Definately not just you Peloloco. Next time you're in the station go to the ticket machine put let it read your oyster card and then look at history. all your journeys are being tracked. Buy your weekly and monthly tickets from a National rail station and you still get the old fashioned ticket

In what way are you compromised by journeys being recorded?
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oyster cards are just more creeping surveillance of the individual, with your every TFL journey details in a sinister database somewhere.

I don't have one, if 'green' Ken makes it 3 quid flatrate to ride his filthy, dangerous, late buses I may be forced to. You don't get a reciept for your journey right? do you just have to have blind faith in the oyster machine debiting money from your balance correctly then or do you get a monthly statement? how could you challenge it?
kc
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt feel comrpomised tele, it just freaks me out. Its like walking out your front door to bump into a copper, who then spends the ENTIRE year being no more than 8 inches behind you.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how people will be gulled into accepting the whole IDcard/RFIE chip agenda.

It is hard for people to resist using Oyster cards on the Wimbledon/Croydon/Beckenham tram system....using the card means you travel half-price. £ 1.00 on oyster....£ 2.00 cash.

Little-by-little, step-by-step.
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS it compromised Tele? Your ex-police correct? How are such systems to be used?

peloloco
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 wrote:
This is how people will be gulled into accepting the whole IDcard/RFIE chip agenda.

It is hard for people to resist using Oyster cards on the Wimbledon/Croydon/Beckenham tram system....using the card means you travel half-price. £ 1.00 on oyster....£ 2.00 cash.

Little-by-little, step-by-step.

I tend to agree and I for one will be avoiding RFID.

I dabbled with an Oyster but when I lost it the guy beind the desk tried his hardest to convince me that I had to fill in a form with all my info so I pay full fare. I consider myself to be a decent law abiding citizen but a distant net is being built around us and it is alarming, especially when you align that with thousands of new laws and media/polutitians pumping fear.

Tele, I am glad you asked that question as many people will ask that. I think for me it is an instict. I think it is important how we evolve with our technology.

The Advertisement will TELL us that this is the future

Thanks for your replies

Peloloco

Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep if you don't touch in and touch out you can't be tracked Wink well not as easily anyway!

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: