FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Earth spin - Jack Osbourne & Jonathon Ross

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Live Earth spin - Jack Osbourne & Jonathon Ross Reply with quote

Jonathon Ross was clearly embarrassed during an interview with Jack Osborne at the Global Warming awareness concert "Live Earth". The presenter asked Osborne (son of rock singer Ozzie) Who does the recycling in your home? Osborne replied. "None of us. As it don't make no difference if we recycle or not". Ross did not know how to react at the reply. He tried to steer Osborne in the right direction, but he was having none of it. I was equally as sickened by Duran, Duran musician Andy Taylor, saying "everyone should go and see Al Gore's film". Claiming Gore to be the leading ambassador on the facts of Global Warming. Music has a place in politics, but it should tell the story, not try to change the world. Most of these rock stars are just hypocrites. Considering the way they carry on. Their modes of transport etc....

I am not a fan of Jack Osborne. But well done for that Jack.

See my videos at:
http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum For D WJ Sherlock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean you're not watching Harry Potter Shocked
uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should go and see Al Gores a convenient lie? They have been doing their best to get everyone to see this witch doctor propaganda by putting on free showings in town halls where I live. I think this has been goingo on globaly.

Weekends womans hour were today discussing whether or not we have, in the context of Co2 emmissions, the right to choose how many children we have or whether we should sacrifice ourselves to the mother goddess so the elite can create their utopian society where the few are supported by a few million slaves.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Osbourne Embarrasses Jonathon Ross "Live Earth Reply with quote

David WJ Sherlock wrote:
Jonathon Ross was clearly embarrassed during an interview with Jack Osborne at the Global Warming awareness concert "Live Earth". The presenter asked Osborne (son of rock singer Ozzie) Who does the recycling in your home? Osborne replied. "None of us. As it don't make no difference if we recycle or not". Ross did not know how to react at the reply. He tried to steer Osborne in the right direction, but he was having none of it. I was equally as sickened by Duran, Duran musician Andy Taylor, saying "everyone should go and see Al Gore's film". Claiming Gore to be the leading ambassador on the facts of Global Warming. Music has a place in politics, but it should tell the story, not try to change the world. Most of these rock stars are just hypocrites. Considering the way they carry on. Their modes of transport etc....

Having read your post, I find it highly contradictory.

On one hand you are saying that rock stars are hypocrites as they lead planet damaging lifestyles and you were 'sickened' by Jack O's response to Mr Ross - then you conclude by saying well done Jack - talk about mixed messages!

My own view is that if you hold a musical event intended to raise awareness then you have to use artists who people will tune in to watch. Would you prefer to headline The Wurzels just because they all drive hybrids? Again this makes no sense, for if you were so incensed by the concept of those showcasing the message - then why did you watch it?

I don't care how or who by the message is delivered - if Chris Rock swore or Madge strode around at the end with her Les Paul like a geriatric - it was an excellent move in the right direction, Al Gore's alternate agenda not withstanding.
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Osbourne Embarrasses Jonathon Ross "Live Earth Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
David WJ Sherlock wrote:

Having read your post, I find it highly contradictory.

On one hand you are saying that rock stars are hypocrites as they lead planet damaging lifestyles and you were 'sickened' by Jack O's response to Mr Ross - then you conclude by saying well done Jack - talk about mixed messages!

My own view is that if you hold a musical event intended to raise awareness then you have to use artists who people will tune in to watch. Would you prefer to headline The Wurzels just because they all drive hybrids? Again this makes no sense, for if you were so incensed by the concept of those showcasing the message - then why did you watch it?

I don't care how or who by the message is delivered - if Chris Rock swore or Madge strode around at the end with her Les Paul like a geriatric - it was an excellent move in the right direction, Al Gore's alternate agenda not withstanding.
TC With all respect. Most rock artist fly everywhere burning jet fuel. convoys of lorry and cars. Jack most likley does the same. the point I was making was. That this mouthpeice (J Ross) for GW was shot down in flames. It makes me laugh when people who do not lift a finger for the cause sit there in judgement of those who are out there doing something. I would concerned why you are on here at all. most of the time you seem to spend time correcting others.

See my videos at:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One has to wonder whether Al Gore has been hired to lead the propoganda war regarding AGW. He's hardly a model citizen himself.
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James C wrote:
One has to wonder whether Al Gore has been hired to lead the propoganda war regarding AGW. He's hardly a model citizen himself.
Well James. i have to agree with you on that. Gore is just another Neo-con who the Greens are giving worship to. AGW's are just another herd of sheep.

See my videos at:
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Osbourne Embarrasses Jonathon Ross "Live Earth Reply with quote

David WJ Sherlock wrote:

Quote:
That this mouthpeice (J Ross) for GW was shot down in flames.

Who is GW?
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Osbourne Embarrasses Jonathon Ross "Live Earth Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
David WJ Sherlock wrote:

Quote:
That this mouthpeice (J Ross) for GW was shot down in flames.

Who is GW?
Global Warming

See my videos at:
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Osbourne Embarrasses Jonathon Ross "Live Earth Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:

Aging Rock stars that have contributed more to worldwide pollution and destruction of moral values are not people capable of delivering any message.
My opinion is it is all *.
Live aid in the 1980s was an original event, however, africa is as poor today as it was then if not worse.

The cause of African poverty is exploitation of their resources by western governments and companies.
Blocking of exports by the european union and other trade barriers.
Dumping of surplus produce by th EU and US putting African producers out of business.
So what did live aid achieve?
It gave a geriatric irish muso employment again.

Live earth is designed to make people think "hey we done our bit" when in reality jack was actually done.
Al Gore is one of the world's biggest polluters.
Yet somehow the crooked media have rebranded him the pollution guru.

I am yet to see and hear anyone saying:
I am not going to fly take holidays in the UK
i always buy local stop importing foods from places like Israel
Scrap the EU - the main cause of third world poverty

Really nobody gives a toss. But by making the public suffer a bit more the powers brainwash us into thinking we are doing something.
Meanwhile the 1,000,000 dead in Iraq, the Depleted Uranium
When is a pop star going to even whisper these words.

I have not bought any music for several years, i do not believe in contributing to the pension scheme of some aging rock star.
Get what ever you want free on the internet.

Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Live aid in the 1980s was an original event, however, africa is as poor today as it was then if not worse."

live aid was never set up to solve africa's problems it only had one goal and that was to deal with the ethiopian famine.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lockerbie wrote:
"Live aid in the 1980s was an original event, however, africa is as poor today as it was then if not worse."

live aid was never set up to solve africa's problems it only had one goal and that was to deal with the ethiopian famine.

BAND AID was strictly for Ethiopea, Live Aid had a wider remit
1985 Live Aid raised close to $150 million for famine relief in Africa.

But much of the money was stolen by the corrupt Ethiopian government and used to prop up a brutal dictator named Mengistu. Some journalists have suggested that Mengistu was able to use Live Aid and Oxfam money to fund its enforced resettlement and "villagification" programmes, under which at least 3 million people are said to have been displaced and between 50,000 and 100,000 killed.
http://arts.guardian.co.uk/live8/story/0,16066,1513359,00.html

Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree with the sentiments put forward regarding on-going third world starvation issues. The events that were organised such as Band Aid/Live Aid were not in themselves designed to be curatives - they were starting points for ongoing assistance. Unfortunately WE forget very quickly and it is down to us the situation still exists - looking around to apportion blame for misappropriated funds and the fact people still starve is really rather quaint.

However, the main thrust here is not starvation per se but global warming.

Mr Sherlock is under the impression that Jack O is in some position of authority when it comes to definitive words on matters pertaining to the value of recycling. He states that 'GW was shot down in flames' - simply because Jack doesn't believe that recyling achieves anything and stated it on national television?

This is bizarre and at the time, I viewed it that Mr Ross was more likely experiencing embarrassment FOR Jack than vice versa. Jack is famous only because his father screams into a microphone and this is the basis of his well-researched and obviously pertinent comment? Truth be told, he is probably just too lazy to walk the extra few feet to the green bin with the cardboard. Perspective is a wonderful concept.

As for the issue of 'ageing' rock stars being the major offenders to the problem of global warming - from what I see around me, we are all equally to blame. My neighbour has three holidays abroad every year, they own two large 4x4's and a sports car. The fact that this thread exists, the fact that we are discussing it now, means that at least we are debating the issue of climate change and in that respect the event has done exactly what it set out to do.

I actually don't care if climate change is down to the human race or not - anything that reduces our encroachment into the planet's resources has to be a good thing. I now own a car that does in excess of 80mpg and I only have to purchase fuel three times less than I did before. The road tax is 35 quid annually - anyone who owns a car in excess of a litre when it is completely unwarranted, is a selfish twerp.

The ego is man's biggest adversary and most find the pill difficult to swallow and don't like having to change their lifestyles because of social pressure and it is the latter that I believe is the main issue here. To hold Jack Osbourne up as a example of someone capable of challenging any global issue is far more an example of barrel scraping in the extreme.

As I said in a previous post in this thread - people would not have tuned in to watch the event at the weekend if the performers were sub-standard/not current A list acts. I am more inclined to accept that their lifestyles can be held up as examples of how not to live (assuming you can) and they were therefore perfect on every level. Perhaps ten hours of The Goodies would have been more acceptable just because they ride a three saddled bicycle?

The acts in question are only meeting a demand set by us the consumer - so all you are doing is blame-shifting.
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
I have to disagree with the sentiments put forward regarding on-going third world starvation issues. The events that were organised such as Band Aid/Live Aid were not in themselves designed to be curatives - they were starting points for ongoing assistance. Unfortunately WE forget very quickly and it is down to us the situation still exists - looking around to apportion blame for misappropriated funds and the fact people still starve is really rather quaint.

However, the main thrust here is not starvation per se but global warming.

Mr Sherlock is under the impression that Jack O is in some position of authority when it comes to definitive words on matters pertaining to the value of recycling. He states that 'GW was shot down in flames' - simply because Jack doesn't believe that recyling achieves anything and stated it on national television?

This is bizarre and at the time, I viewed it that Mr Ross was more likely experiencing embarrassment FOR Jack than vice versa. Jack is famous only because his father screams into a microphone and this is the basis of his well-researched and obviously pertinent comment? Truth be told, he is probably just too lazy to walk the extra few feet to the green bin with the cardboard. Perspective is a wonderful concept.

As for the issue of 'ageing' rock stars being the major offenders to the problem of global warming - from what I see around me, we are all equally to blame. My neighbour has three holidays abroad every year, they own two large 4x4's and a sports car. The fact that this thread exists, the fact that we are discussing it now, means that at least we are debating the issue of climate change and in that respect the event has done exactly what it set out to do.

I actually don't care if climate change is down to the human race or not - anything that reduces our encroachment into the planet's resources has to be a good thing. I now own a car that does in excess of 80mpg and I only have to purchase fuel three times less than I did before. The road tax is 35 quid annually - anyone who owns a car in excess of a litre when it is completely unwarranted, is a selfish twerp.

The ego is man's biggest adversary and most find the pill difficult to swallow and don't like having to change their lifestyles because of social pressure and it is the latter that I believe is the main issue here. To hold Jack Osbourne up as a example of someone capable of challenging any global issue is far more an example of barrel scraping in the extreme.

As I said in a previous post in this thread - people would not have tuned in to watch the event at the weekend if the performers were sub-standard/not current A list acts. I am more inclined to accept that their lifestyles can be held up as examples of how not to live (assuming you can) and they were therefore perfect on every level. Perhaps ten hours of The Goodies would have been more acceptable just because they ride a three saddled bicycle?

The acts in question are only meeting a demand set by us the consumer - so all you are doing is blame-shifting.
TC. I think you are on the wrong forum. You should go on the Channel 4 forums with all the other sheep. I am not even going to give further debate to your blown out of proprtion replies. Get out on the street and actually do something, rather than sitting on a computer seat a telling all others they are wrong. I have not once said Jack O is in some position of authority when it comes to definitive words on matters pertaining to the value of recycling. You said that. You are clearly an agent of dis-info. I just think it was somethinng they did not expect to be said at one of their events.

See my videos at:
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David WJ Sherlock

You clearly congratulated Jack on his shooting down of global warming -

Quote:
for GW was shot down in flames

Quote:
well done for that Jack.

Jack O has zero qualifications in any scientific discipline, he simply passed an opinion that was based upon zippo. He merely highlighted his ignorance, yet you seem to think he somehow deserves praise? He supplied no facts or figures, nothing.

We then enter into the domain of casting doubt upon ageing rock stars because they travel in aircraft and cars and their participation is therefore redundant.

So by this logic, Band Aid/Live Aid was rendered questionable because those taking part ate three meals a day?

You then play the 'disinfo agent' card which is in strict cotravention of the rules of this forum. I have simply replied to your posts (and others) about a live musical event and I am spreading 'disinformation'?
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
David WJ Sherlock

You clearly congratulated Jack on his shooting down of global warming -

Quote:
for GW was shot down in flames

Quote:
well done for that Jack.

Jack O has zero qualifications in any scientific discipline, he simply passed an opinion that was based upon zippo. He merely highlighted his ignorance, yet you seem to think he somehow deserves praise? He supplied no facts or figures, nothing.

We then enter into the domain of casting doubt upon ageing rock stars because they travel in aircraft and cars and their participation is therefore redundant.

So by this logic, Band Aid/Live Aid was rendered questionable because those taking part ate three meals a day?

You then play the 'disinfo agent' card which is in strict cotravention of the rules of this forum. I have simply replied to your posts (and others) about a live musical event and I am spreading 'disinformation'?
To coin the Chav/American saying. whatever!

See my videos at:
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
TROLL!!! I,m going to click the link to stop watching this subject pillock

See my videos at:
lockerbie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" To coin the Chav/American saying. whatever!"

oh dear sherlock that is disappointing. to coin a phrase is to create it, not to use it. and i sincerely doubt you coined (created) "whatever!"

"So by this logic, Band Aid/Live Aid was rendered questionable because those taking part ate three meals a day? "

not but, that's not a great comparison. it would be rendered questionable if they were contributing to the ethiopian famine.
utopiated
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Sherlock watches too much TV!! Loads of top notch debate shows like Trisha and Jerome Kalye I reckon.

Quote:

Beware whoever that was aimed at - you will now have a pile of vitriolic PMs from him putting you in your place. Rolling Eyes

I can safely say all this now without getting attacked myself of course because Mr S has stopped watching this topic. Phew!

--
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utopiated wrote:
DJ Sherlock watches too much TV!! Loads of top notch debate shows like Trisha and Jerome Kalye I reckon.

Quote:

Beware whoever that was aimed at - you will now have a pile of vitriolic PMs from him putting you in your place. :roll:

I can safely say all this now without getting attacked myself of course because Mr S has stopped watching this topic. Phew!
UI never watch too much TV. but i see what goes on in the world. As opposed to outside it. A person I can trust on here sent me a link to this nonsense you are saying. your kind are damaging the true cause of 9/11. I trust you got my email.

See my videos at:
utopiated
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh.. so I get another round of off-board contacts from you.

God help us if we have to select people to go tet-a-tet with the REAL enemies of our species future and you're one of them. You invite criticism by your approach with people on this forum and then when it's returned you alone decide that these people are "not onside" or "not out there doing it like you" blah blah... zzzz.

I look forward to checking my inbox again. Hopefully this time my highly efficient gmail filter rule:

"If incoming mail =abusive AND contains terms "clueless" and/or "sherlock" and/or "detective" then goTo trash"

..will do its job. Smile

--
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utopiated wrote:
Ahhh.. so I get another round of off-board contacts from you.

God help us if we have to select people to go tet-a-tet with the REAL enemies of our species future and you're one of them. You invite criticism by your approach with people on this forum and then when it's returned you alone decide that these people are "not onside" or "not out there doing it like you" blah blah... zzzz.

I look forward to checking my inbox again. Hopefully this time my highly efficient gmail filter rule:

"If incoming mail =abusive AND contains terms "clueless" and/or "sherlock" and/or "detective" then goTo trash"

..will do its job. :)
F O

See my videos at:
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: The Live Earth Global Warming Fraud Reply with quote

If global warming is such a threat, why did Al Gore and a who's who list of left-wing celebrities repeatedly fly around the globe this weekend to put on the Live Earth climate change propaganda fest?

http://www.jbs.org/node/4681

See my videos at:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: