FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pope Says Catholicism Only True Church
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Pope Says Catholicism Only True Church Reply with quote

http://www.local6.com/news/13659165/detail.html

LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy -- Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document that says Orthodox churches are defective and that other Christian denominations are not true churches.

The document, released Tuesday, restates key sections of a 2000 document that set off a firestorm of criticism among Protestant and other Christian denominations. It said they were not true churches but merely ecclesial communities and therefore did not have the "means of salvation."

In the new document and an accompanying commentary it says "Christ 'established here on earth' only one church." It says the other communities "cannot be called 'churches' in the proper sense" because they do not have the ability to trace their bishops back to Christ's original apostles.

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crusader army came under the command, both spiritual and military, of the papal legate Arnaud-Amaury, Abbot of Cîteaux. In the first significant engagement of the war, the town of Béziers was taken on 22 July 1209. Arnaud, the Cistercian abbot-commander is supposed to have been asked how to tell Cathar from Roman Catholic. His famous reply, recalled by a fellow Cistercian, was "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." — “Kill them all, the Lord will recognise His own”.[2] After a failed attack, the knights pursued the retreating Cathars back through the open gates of the city. The doors of the church of St Mary Magdalene were broken down and the refugees dragged out and slaughtered. Reportedly, 7,000 people died there including many women and children. Elsewhere in the town many more thousands were mutilated and killed. Prisoners were blinded, dragged behind horses, and used for target practice. What remained of the city was razed by fire. Arnaud, the abbot-commander, wrote to Pope Innocent III: "Today your Holiness, twenty thousand heretics were put to the sword, regardless of rank, age, or sex".[3] The population of Béziers was then probably no more than 15,000 but with local refugees seeking shelter within the city walls, the number claimed, 20,000, is possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathars#Suppression

bush and half the senate and some congressmen /woman want to let in mostly Mexicans from a catholic country to vote us into oblivion

how convenient for them

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i dont want to comment on internal US politics dont you think that by enfranchising the illegal hispanics into the system means they pay tax and they get to vote. They might not vote for people like Bush.
I am not talking about amnesty i am saying applying for a green card should not be a lottery it should be a fairer system. Why have a country with a second class of citizen?
Israel is the other country where you have apartheid in practice.

The Bush agenda is to merge with mexico and canada. They have been planning it for decades. Canada a population of 12 million and mexico a population of 60 million are dwarfed by the leagl census population of 300 million in the USA. As you can guess the real figure is probably higher.
The american economy is bankrupt. By merging you wipe out dollar debts of trillions and gain control of canadas land and resources and mexicos oil and land too. And cheap labour.

The only way to prevent the headlong march into a big facist state as portrayed in 1984 is to vote for Ron Paul. The only candidate to oppose war and conquest and NWO.

America is controlled by Israel. There should be a campaign for American independence.

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear confesses to nonsense in wood.
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelios wrote:
While i dont want to comment on internal US politics dont you think that by enfranchising the illegal hispanics into the system means they pay tax and they get to vote. They might not vote for people like Bush.
I am not talking about amnesty i am saying applying for a green card should not be a lottery it should be a fairer system. Why have a country with a second class of citizen?
Israel is the other country where you have apartheid in practice.

The Bush agenda is to merge with mexico and canada. They have been planning it for decades. Canada a population of 12 million and mexico a population of 60 million are dwarfed by the leagl census population of 300 million in the USA. As you can guess the real figure is probably higher.
The american economy is bankrupt. By merging you wipe out dollar debts of trillions and gain control of canadas land and resources and mexicos oil and land too. And cheap labour.

The only way to prevent the headlong march into a big facist state as portrayed in 1984 is to vote for Ron Paul. The only candidate to oppose war and conquest and NWO.

America is controlled by Israel. There should be a campaign for American independence.

ron paul is also against any merger with mexico or canada

dont you like alex jones? he says the democrats are the same as bush anyway maybe worse or could be in my opinion

lockerbie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really a big deal, popes occasionally do this kind of thing when they fear a loss of power. not quite as big as declaring yourself infallible though.

and most religions believe it anyway, putting it down on paper doesn't change much.
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we arent going to gamble with our future and play politics

you mean you or liberals in uk would say "lets let in 80 million muslims just to vote out blair"

this isnt some board game here

have you been smoking weed or something?dropping acid?

SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, what has this to do with 9/11 or other false flag incidents? have we forgotten how, a few months back, David Shayler's words at the Indian YMCA about zionist hoodlums(he didn't say that I'm paraphrasing) almost caused a PFJ/JPF style riot?

I will say this, I'm looking closely to see whether the Pope accepts Bliar as a convert!
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: moved Reply with quote

moved to - the wider picture
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usa is giving roads to king of spain

hes a catholic

he thinks he is...ill look in wikipedia

Juan Carlos's titles include that of King of Jerusalem, as successor to the royal family of Naples. He is also a descendant of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom through his grandmother, Victoria Eugenie; of Louis XIV of France through the House of Bourbon; of the Emperor Charles V, who belonged to the Habsburg dynasty of the Holy Roman Empire; of the House of Savoy of Italy; etc.

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://libcom.org/library/role-catholic-church-yugoslavias-holocaust-s e-n-mac-math-na-1941-1945

i bet the serbs are just thrilled since theyre orthodox and the catholic Croatians slaughtered them in ww2 and never were punished i dont think.then theres the greek orth and the russian orthodox and muslims and jews

who else does the vatican want to kill?
roman catholic blair bombed serbs in 1999 i think

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

festival of snickers wrote:
http://libcom.org/library/role-catholic-church-yugoslavias-holocaust-s e-n-mac-math-na-1941-1945

roman catholic blair bombed serbs in 1999 i think

No! Blair is not Roman Catholic, though his wife is. He is Anglo-catholic, that wing of the Church of England (Episcopalian), often characterised by the nickname "smells and bells" who, like the Roman Catholics, claim the "apostolic succession".

That means, these Anglicans dispute the assertion of this new document and an accompanying commentary that the other communities "cannot be called 'churches' in the proper sense" because they do not have the ability to trace their bishops back to Christ's original apostles. Anglicans also claim a continuous line of bishops going back to St Peter and at times the Vatican appears to recognise that, as was illustrated by the fact that recently when the Anglican community split over the ordination of gay priests, the Roman Catholics accepted these dissident Anglican priests with open arms even bending their rules on celibacy, to allow those of them who were already married to remain married and yet to act as Roman Catholic priests.

BUT what are we doing discussion Christian disputes and persecutions? What has it got to do with the subjects of this forum? Yes, Catholics have claimed to be the only legitimate church and have persecuted others ever since the creed was established at the Council of Nicea in 325AD, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea but so have Protestants.

Can we give religious intolerance a miss, as most denominations appear to have practised it at one time or another?
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are theories that the catholic church is now controlled by jesuits
they have been implicated in the DIANA assasination

the catholic and anglican faiths have very little in common.
eg: man has free will versus everything is preordained

but blaming the mexicans is wrong
blame china's most favoured nation status
china along with the saudi's own america - they own all your T Bonds
blame the money spent propping up dictators worldwide
blame the lives lost and aid given to maintain israel
blame the theft by the bush family of BILLIONS
blame the moon landings fraud

And yes the democrats are exactly the same as the republicans. All bought and paid for by foreign interests most notably AIPAC but also saudi and chinese.

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was at school I can remember being told (in the very early 60's) that if you were not a Catholic you were going to hell and that if you missed Mass on a Sunday (which was a mortal sin) you were also going to hell.

These lines softened somewhat as the 60's progressed but the teachers still insisted on 'The Real Presence' (the actual, real, material, not symbolic or spiritual presence, of Christ in the consecrated Communion host). Also we were told ...yes, the Pope is infallible. No one told us that this truth had been invented in the 1890's nor that another article of faith, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, was only made doctrine in 1951.

Also Loads of this kind of stuff was spelt out in a little book called 'The Catechism'. Everything was delivered in a question-and-answer format.
My favourite was:
"What should you do when going to bed at night?"

Answer: 1) Say your night prayers.
2) Dress yourself in modest attire.
3) Concern yourself with thoughts of death.

We would have been 8-11 years old when we were reading this kind of joyful reverie.

It was this kind of stuff that drove nearly everyone I knew, including me, from the RC Church. It took many years to get over all the add-ons that the Church had plastered on to the teaching of Christ.

There were, however, many great and memorable moments in a Catholic education. I will never forget our first RE lesson in year 9 (third form in those days). A very short and ferocious little priest got someone to start reading page one of the text-book. Half way down we came across a word.
"Right!" he said.
"Close you books!" (startled pause).
"Hands up anyone who doesn't know what a virgin is"
A couple of hands nervously rose. I, like most I'm sure, didn't know but didn't admit to it.
"Well, a virgin is a word that is normally applied to a female person but it is in fact any person who has not engaged in those kind of relationships which, inside marriage are normally related to matters of family itself and the creation thereof....."
He went on like this for a good 5 minutes and I can still remember the shoulder shrugging of some of the boys in the class and the puzzled silence at the end of it. I still didn't have the slightest idea what the word meant.

I was lucky though. Someone told me when I was 28.
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 wrote:
When I was at school I can remember being told (in the very early 60's) that if you were not a Catholic you were going to hell and that if you missed Mass on a Sunday (which was a mortal sin) you were also going to hell.

These lines softened somewhat as the 60's progressed but the teachers still insisted on 'The Real Presence' (the actual, real, material, not symbolic or spiritual presence, of Christ in the consecrated Communion host). Also we were told ...yes, the Pope is infallible. No one told us that this truth had been invented in the 1890's nor that another article of faith, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, was only made doctrine in 1951.

Also Loads of this kind of stuff was spelt out in a little book called 'The Catechism'. Everything was delivered in a question-and-answer format.
My favourite was:
"What should you do when going to bed at night?"

Answer: 1) Say your night prayers.
2) Dress yourself in modest attire.
3) Concern yourself with thoughts of death.

We would have been 8-11 years old when we were reading this kind of joyful reverie.

It was this kind of stuff that drove nearly everyone I knew, including me, from the RC Church. It took many years to get over all the add-ons that the Church had plastered on to the teaching of Christ.

There were, however, many great and memorable moments in a Catholic education. I will never forget our first RE lesson in year 9 (third form in those days). A very short and ferocious little priest got someone to start reading page one of the text-book. Half way down we came across a word.
"Right!" he said.
"Close you books!" (startled pause).
"Hands up anyone who doesn't know what a virgin is"
A couple of hands nervously rose. I, like most I'm sure, didn't know but didn't admit to it.
"Well, a virgin is a word that is normally applied to a female person but it is in fact any person who has not engaged in those kind of relationships which, inside marriage are normally related to matters of family itself and the creation thereof....."
He went on like this for a good 5 minutes and I can still remember the shoulder shrugging of some of the boys in the class and the puzzled silence at the end of it. I still didn't have the slightest idea what the word meant.

I was lucky though. Someone told me when I was 28.

haha GOOD ONE! I was taught by Jesuits and can relate to all that. One little anecdote I think was funny from my schooldays(but you'll be the judge of that) was on one occasion 1970 at Wednesday mass, it was the time for the bidding prayers and this character Peter Hugo Daley stands up and gravely intones...dear Lord, Please let Chelsea win the FA Cup final replay tonight as they've never won it in their history, Lord Hear us!. We looked at each other and eventually gave the response...Lord Graciously hear us! There were one or two normal bidding prayers, world peace-sick relatives etc. till another character Steve Reilly got up and asked the lord to help Leeds united win the cup final replay Lord hear us. We then gave the response lord graciously hear us thoroughly confusing the almighty. The priest Father Bailey then told us there were to be NO MORE FOOTBALL BIDDING PRAYERS.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy Daley had some nerve. I got whacked with a cricket stump for less than that.....

.....actually, as the blow landed (across the arse) I fainted.....the odd thing is I have never held it against the particular priest who did it as he was otherwise a fairly friendly fellow....

.....in those days (c.1963) it was just the way of the world.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....But...

....the 'One True Church'....?..

....my arse it is.

It appears that it has become masonic at the top (i.e. working in service of Jahbulon [another Babylonian variant of Satan......like Moloch, the Bohemian Grove idol] as far as I can make out).

For anyone who is interested, see the following ("The Broken Cross" by Piers Compton):

http://www.catholicvoice.co.uk/brokencross/
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to add... that not All Roman Catholics follow blindly the Pope. Many have been in disagreement with the idea of Pope as infallible and so forth for a while. Yet they still remain true to their Catholic upbringing and heritage and will not look to other Church's as alternatives to their own.

Plus... its hard to find many comparisons to what people see as Jesus and what the Pope really is.

Also... what does the Pope actually mean when saying that its the "One True Church"?
Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I say this, or will I be struck down, by God or even someone else! BS.
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should stick a copy of Zeitgeist The Movie in an envelope and post it to the Vatican!
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem i think everyone has clearly identified.
The pope should not be attempting to claim dominion over all other religions. The birth of a new Roman empire is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

There was areason why William Tyndale seperated the Catholic church from the Anglican faith. While the bible was written in latin very few people could actually read it and so interpretations of what it said were down to the priest to decipher as he chose fit. After Tyndale translated the bible into English he discovered that most of what the priests had told him was contradicted by the bible.
Key difference he found was the english bible said "man has been created with free will" whereas the catholic priesthood teaches it's students "everything is pre ordained" that is man has NO free will.
Another key difference is Tyndale's version of the English bible stated that "the kingdom of God is within all of us" and also man does not have the authority to judge others. This again contrasted with the catholic doctrine. The pope is effectively God's representative on earth "our most holy father". However this contrasts and is diametrically opposed to Anglican teaching which forbids a fellow human being to be worshipped or exalted or acting a God's proxy. Obviously catholic priests are celebate but Anglican can be married. Catholic system of confessional. Again this contrast with Anglican traditions. Anglicans believe is the only God has the authority to judge us and will do so at the relevant time. So a fellow man when he imposes a judgement and forgives us our sin is contrary to Anglican teachings. Very hard to see amiddle ground between the two views.

Note i am not commenting on rights and wrongs of any religion but there is no way religions which have such opposing views and beliefs can merge. And in any case even if the leadership is in someway compromised the actual congregations will never accept such changes.

I am suspicious of this pope, however, as a member of the Hitler yourth and a former anti-aircraft gunner in the Nazi army there is no way he could not have influenced. He is known as a hardliner eg: against the use of condoms even though there is nothing in the Bible to forbid it. The previous pope was a genuinely kind man even forgiving the geezer who shot him. But the jury is out on this one. And his EXPANSIONIST messages wanting to exercise control and dominion over all religions is a scary development.

Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again... I wish to see clarified whether or not the Pope actually means that all other Churches are false, when he makes the claim that the Catholic Church is the One True Church. What context did he utter such words? What was the rest of this speech about?
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to state the obvious but i assume everyone has seen this:
http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=305

£60,000 compensation for victims who suffered at the hands of nuns
MICHAEL HOWIE
VICTIMS of abuse by nuns at Catholic children's homes in Scotland have been awarded state compensation totalling more than £60,000.

The awards have been made to 18 former residents at orphanages run by the Congregation of the Poor Sisters of Nazareth in Glasgow, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock and are likely to open the floodgates for criminal-injuries payments to scores of others. The victims come from all over Scotland and suffered a catalogue of abuse in the homes during the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. About 100 people who attended the homes have applied to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) for payouts. Further payouts are now expected to the remaining claimants over the next few months.

The decision to award money to the first applicants - who have received between £1,000 and £7,500 - is a major boost in a wider legal campaign for justice led by the former residents, who have taken the Roman Catholic order to the Court of Session to seek damages and an acknowledgment of guilt.

The campaign suffered a major setback when the court ruled that the alleged abuse took place too long ago.

But that "time bar" ruling has been appealed and will be reviewed by judges in January. One of those who was yesterday told she would receive compensation, Adeline Spence, 43, from Glasgow, said she was pleased with the award, but would not be happy until the Catholic Church admitted the abuse.

"I'm really pleased that the criminal- injuries board has, at long last, acknowledged that we are victims.

"The Catholic Church has admitted guilt in America, Australia, Canada and Ireland. It's like Scotland doesn't exist - they won't admit their guilt to us." Ms Spence, who was sent to the Glasgow home in 1966 when she was three, described the abuse she suffered at the hands of nuns as "horrific".

She said: "It wasn't until I left that I realised you didn't beat people up, that you weren't forced to eat your own vomit, that your nails were not cut so close to the quick that your fingers bled. "If you wet the bed they would make you wear the wet sheet round your body and your wet pants on your head. After a while that stopped, but they made you jump into a cold bath every morning."

She said the behaviour of the nuns had left her with deep emotional scars. "When you are subjected to these things you become very subservient and let people tread all over you.

"It was only after I left when I was 16 that I realised that these things were not normal. It was the only life I knew." Ms Spence said that she would ultimately like to see criminal charges pressed against her abusers. So far only one member of the order, Sister Marie Docherty, has been convicted of abuse against children in Scotland.

In 2000, Sister Marie, also known as Sister Alphonso, was found guilty of four charges of cruelty against young girls at Nazareth House children's homes in Aberdeen and Midlothian. She walked free from court after the sheriff delivered an admonishment.

The victims' lawyer, Cameron Fyfe, said he hoped the CICA ruling would pave the way for the appeal judges to reopen the case. He explained that the CICA adhered to "time bar" rules which were more strict than those applied by the Court of Session, but that the body chose to use its discretion and hoped judges would follow suite and find in his clients' favour. The clients have never asked how much they were going to get.

"What really boosted them was the acceptance from a government authority, for the first time, that they were abused. They thought that no-one believed them. People would ask, 'How could a nun do these things?' So this is a massive boost to them," he said. The order is being defended by lawyers from the Edinburgh firm Simpson & Marwick. No-one there could be contacted for comment last night. Two years ago the First Minister, Jack McConnell, issued a public apology to children abused while in Catholic Church homes. In a formal statement to the Scottish Parliament, he made a "sincere and full apology on behalf of the people of Scotland" to those who had suffered physical, emotional and sexual abuse while in residential care.

The Church has previously insisted that it has already apologised for the hurt caused to children in its care, and accused the Executive of "playing catch-up".

But obviously more recently:

$660-million settlement in priest abuses
L.A. Archdiocese's payout to 508 claimants is the largest in the sex scandal that has rocked the Catholic Church.

By Joe Mozingo and John Spano, Times Staff Writers
July 15, 2007

The Archdiocese of Los Angeles agreed Saturday to a $660-million settlement with 508 people who have accused priests of sexual abuse, by far the biggest payout in the child molestation scandal that has rocked the Roman Catholic Church nationwide.
"Some of the victims have waited more than five decades for a chance at reconciliation and resolution," said Raymond Boucher, the main attorney for the plaintiffs. "This is a down payment on that debt long overdue."

The agreement will end all of the pending abuse litigation against the most populous archdiocese in the U.S. "It's been a long, hard slog," said church attorney J. Michael Hennigan. "I'm delighted to see it's come to a conclusion."

Lawyers had been slated to go to court Monday for the first of 15 scheduled civil trials pitting alleged victims against the archdiocese and individual priests. Settling before the legal marathon was considered particularly urgent because the archdiocese faced potential punitive damages, as well as the prospect of Cardinal Roger M. Mahony having to testify.

Although the settlement will effectively end a chapter in the sad saga of clerical abuse that has spanned decades, the resolution will come at a huge cost to the church. More than $114 million has been promised in previous settlements, bringing the total liability for clergy misconduct in the Los Angeles Archdiocese to more than $774 million. The figure dwarfs the next largest settlements in the U.S., including those reached in Boston, at $157 million, and in Portland, Ore., at $129 million. Hennigan said the archdiocese expected to pay $250 million in cash, with the balance coming from insurers and religious orders. "Parish assets will not be touched, and the mission of the church will be impacted but not crippled," he said. Mahony had previously fought victims, their attorneys and prosecutors demanding confidential personnel files that tracked the problems of accused priests and the church hierarchy's reaction to them. As part of the settlement, the archdiocese agreed it will no longer contest the release of files to the public, one of the attorneys in the lawsuits said. A private judge will mediate any objections from individual priests.

Some abuse victims expressed mixed feelings about the settlement, which will give the priests' accusers an average of about $1.3 million each. The agreement will spare plaintiffs the need to testify in court, but at an advocacy group's news conference outside the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels downtown, Mary Ferrell, 59, said it nevertheless stirred up old pain. "That amount of money is impressive in that it shows tremendous guilt," she said. "But I didn't file [the suit] for the money…. I would give back the money if I could have my childhood back."

The settlement was welcomed by some national observers. "The diocese has finally conceded the fact that everyone needs to move on," said Anne Burke, an Illinois Supreme Court justice and former chairwoman of the National Review Board, a panel of lay Catholics formed by U.S. bishops in 2002 in response to the scandal.

Burke said negotiations for the Los Angeles settlement were undoubtedly more complex than many in other dioceses, "but I also think it was prolonged longer than it should have been because the diocese proceeded to fight. Consequently, it's been a long, long time … and it prolonged the agony of it all."

The settlement will resolve the last of about 570 total claims of abuse against 221 priests, brothers, lay teachers and other church employees spanning the last 70 years. The pact will be presented for final approval Monday to L.A. County Superior Court Judge Haley Fromholz, who had been scheduled to try the first case. With so many plaintiffs, so much money at stake and the archdiocese frequently at odds with its insurers, negotiations were especially tense over the last few days.

Two major insurance carriers would not stipulate to pay anything until Friday afternoon, when they suddenly agreed to the offer on the table, according to one attorney, who asked not to be named because he was speaking before the settlement was announced.

After the Associated Press first reported Saturday morning that a settlement had been reached, the Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests scheduled a news conference, canceled it and then scheduled another. A church representative at one point confirmed a settlement, only to call back minutes later to say it was off.

The accusations of molestations in the archdiocese were part of a national scandal that had been simmering for decades.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-priests15jul15,0,7511378.story  ?coll=la-home-center

Catholic Church again protecting paedophiles; seeks to avoid paying victim compensation by declaring bankrupcy. Just when you throught the Catholic Church has hit bottom in protecting it's organization of thousands of paedophiles worldwide, they sink to a new low: Protecting their vast wealth and billions of dollars in real estate by filing bankruptcy to avoid paying claims to their victims.

Background:
- An estimated 10,000 clergy-abuse lawsuits have been filed nationwide as the priest-abuse scandal rocked dioceses since 2002. More than 800 cases were filed in California.
- San Diego dioceses (alone) has more than $600 million in real estate assets (based solely on tax assessors' values and not market value)
- Even after exposure as the worlds largest organization of paedophiles, some continue to financially support operations.

Catholic diocese weighs bankruptcy
Facing claims that could exceed $200 million, the diocese may choose this route rather than go to trial in about 150 lawsuits alleging sexual abuse by priests.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...19diocese.html

Clergy meet as activists blast idea of bankruptcy :
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...m20priest.htm

l

Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand every organisation that deals with children attracts people with this sexual orientation/disorder. The Catholic church may have been guilty of covering up these scandals in the past but don't let it be said it is Catholic church policy to abuse children. Do we want to deter people of the catholic faith from joining the fight for the 9/11 truth here? Is someone trying to divide and rule where they have failed on the anti-semitism front?
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL wrote:
Do we want to deter people of the catholic faith from joining the fight for the 9/11 truth here?

The answer is NO.
The catholic church has been guilty of covering up child abuse. In fact the reason it is paying this money is so that the paedophiles who should be going to jail are not even named.
Do not forget the victims of this abuse were CATHOLICS.
So it is wrong for the UK truth organisation to cover up or hide the truth about any issue.
Copying and pasting an article from the LA times and the Scotsman newspaper is in no way acting in an anti catholic manner. When catholics were the very victims of the abuse and have been fighting for years to expose the crimes that were committed against them.

And i also think copying and pasting this story is very relevant when the topic is "Pope Says Catholicism Only True Church"
Even leading UK catholics have spoken out against the child abuse on tv and in the press so why is it wrong for us to simply recounting the same story? Surely by censoring the story we are as guilty as the catholic church are for covering the abuse up and preventing the paedophile priests being jailed.

Quote:
anti-semitism front

I am not sure what this means.
Campaigning against the state of Israel and it's apartheid regime. Organising a boycott of Israeli goods and services is in no way anti-semitic. After all are the Palestinians not semites too?
Zionism is a political movement that condradicts what is written in the Torah. Therefore it is Zionism which is anti-jewish and indeed also anti-semitic. Many jews themselves are anti zionist.

Link

Link

So actually my support is for Catholic victims of abuse that does not make me anti-catholic. My support is for real Jews who are also the victim of persecution by the Israelis. If you want to see who the real anti-semitics are watch this video.

Link

This video shows Jews being persecuted by ZIONISTS. The Jews are attacked, beaten, stabbed, stun gunned. I cannot see any kindness or kinship shown by the zionists towards the Jews. This video is one of many. Although these news items are suppressed by the UK media , Israeli media does not exercise the same censorship of zionist anti-semitic violence.

Last edited by karlos on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pope Says Catholicism Only True Church

WTF dıd U xpect - thats where e gets is daily bread....

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magazine exposes 'double life' of Vatican's gay priests
NOT FOR the first time in recent months, an Italian media source yesterday revealed embarrassing details of a flourishing gay “scene” within the Holy See in Rome.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2010/0724/1224275392905.html
It's enough to make the Pope choke on his choir boy!
www.whatreallyhappened.com

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
hatsoff

Location: liverpool; the city that speaks out, always, scouseland, in the island formerly known as the UK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now the law will change so no-one can have him arrested re paedophillia crimes!!!!

http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/2010/07/pope-protected-arrest-uk-visit/

Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.
Einstein

golden ratio

mass and gravity both exist only as a means to acheive mathematical self-embedding of everything.
hatsoff

Location: liverpool; the city that speaks out, always, scouseland, in the island formerly known as the UK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he doesn't believe in equality.....
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/feb/02/equality-laws-unjust-pope- uk

Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.
Einstein

golden ratio

mass and gravity both exist only as a means to acheive mathematical self-embedding of everything.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police release 'Pope threat' six
BBC News - ‎18 hours ago‎
Six men arrested by police investigating an alleged plot to attack the Pope have all been released without charge, Scotland Yard said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11360568

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: