FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sky TV Cold Calling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark_e
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Sky TV Cold Calling Reply with quote

Just had a cold call from Sky TV trying to persuade me to reconnect. I know, why was I ever with them, but with teenage children in the house.....

Anyhow I told him that i was not prepared to put any of my money into Rupert Murdoch's enterprizes due to his blatant support for the US Republican party. He asked me what had made me come to that conclusion and I gave the documentary Outfoxed as one of the reasons. He then asked me where he might find such Outfoxed, so i told him i saw it on ITV 4 (well acually a recording from ITV 4) but suggested google video. He made it very clear he wanted to make a note of this so he could find it.

This leads me to believe one of two things might happen

1. Outfoxed disappears from Google video relatively shortly

2. Sky TV employees start to look more closely at their organisations ties.

Anyhow, i bet that's an answer he doesn't get every day!
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean but as you know without SKY you have no tv.
BBC is utter nonsense ITV is only good for a couple of shows and channel 4 which to be honest is ok sometimes. Sky gives you hundreds of channels of choice. I cannot live without it im afraid to say.
It is good for you to boycott things but there are things you cant avoid using.

Better to boycott shops like M&S which every year send £200 million to Israel. Many of it's products are made using palestinian slave labour.

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a financial services bloke ring me, and I told him I expected severe financial collapse in the next few years. He also made the mistake of asking why I thought that. I asked him about 9/11 and he admitted he didn't know much about it. 2 minutes later he knew about it and he sounded very keen to look up some of this stuff on his own afterwards, or maybe dump his portfolio.

Ditto... with you about SKY. I just said they are a scum company, you shouldn't work for them and they are liars. He agreed with me and stated 'but all the TV stations lie' so why single us out.

Has a nice secondary effect as well... actually 'costs' the company credibility with their own staff to cold call. Foreign call centres are even better.
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelios wrote:
I know what you mean but as you know without SKY you have no tv.
BBC is utter nonsense ITV is only good for a couple of shows and channel 4 which to be honest is ok sometimes. Sky gives you hundreds of channels of choice. I cannot live without it im afraid to say.
It is good for you to boycott things but there are things you cant avoid using.

Better to boycott shops like M&S which every year send £200 million to Israel. Many of it's products are made using palestinian slave labour.

I avoid TV like the plague Wink I find just a little dose makes my blood boil Shocked

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Cruise4
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have SKY. I was into football. Other than football and the odd SKY 1 show its equally as nonsense as everything else. You CAN live without it. Like you I thought I couldn't, but the reality is I can, and do, and don't pay them a dime. A Digibox still works as a freeview box, mostly.
mark_e
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say that one of the reasons i got rid of it in the first place was because the programmes were nonsense. american sitcoms and cop shows. recently bbc3 screened 'bust my ass' a doc about protestors rights being eroded and bbc4 screened dead in the water. not that it absolves them fromwhat they have done, but far better than sky's mindless nonsense.
Jayhawk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this has given me a great idea, tell all cold callers, after their spiel, that 9/11 was an inside job! At least then you can feel that it wasn't a total waste of your time, and spread the message at the same time. Do it!
mark_e
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, and the same with door to door people.
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living without TeeVee is not only possible but totally liberating.

I confess to having been a complete potato many years ago. Not so long ago I still had a box and used to look at the guide I got from Saturday's paper and think (with more than a hint of irony), 'I hope there is nothing on that I want to watch'.

Admittedly, I have Radio 4 on most of the day but I have a radio in every room so I'm not fixed to the settee.

People who complain about how nonsense TeeVee is still seem to need it! What's more - they are very probably paying for it! And with Sky they pay for it and they still have to watch all the adverts. Ha ha ha!
mark_e
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I reckon I have my broadcast viewing down to about 2 hours a week (it was less until the new series of Rome came on!) . I prefer to watch DVDs if anything, but my life is just too busy to be sitting around watching TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: