FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The secret plans to turn us all vegetarian
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: The secret plans to turn us all vegetarian Reply with quote

Secret plans to encourage the nation to give up eating meat are being examined by the Government.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=458242&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
rubber_ritchie
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this on Alex Jones' site. I seriously doubt there to be any truth in it especially as animal rights/veganism is always being attacked in the media and by the government. As the New World Order feed off fear and suffering why would they make any efforts to reduce 'meat' production. It's the biggest blood sacrifice on Earth.

Consumption of animal flesh leads to dis-ease in society. It is no coincidence that high crime areas are covered with fried chicken/kebab shops, McDonalds, etc.

The governments' 'health' bodies are always promoting meat and dairy as 'healthy', 'nutritious' or the big lie, 'essential'. Meat and dairy are subsidised by the government. In the past animal products were eaten as a treat which is where the Sunday roast tradition came from. Now people gorge on flesh and dairy and so cancer, heart disease and diabetes are soaring.

For health, for animals, for planet - be vegan!
www.goveg.com
www.veganoutreach.org

uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter if it's a good idea or not.

It's all about telling people what to do.

Secret papers leaked? I doubt it. Seems more like a test of public opinion.
paul wright

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uselesseater wrote:

It's nonsense and rests on the nonsense of arse-burping cows
Presented as a methane producing adjunct to global warming
Adding to the nonsense, and I speak as a vegetarian near vegan myself
I fart myself occasionally and being veggie my farts are rose scented
So be it now with the mostly veggie cows
However many times cows fart bears no relation to the warmth of the atmosphere, no more than how much ludicrously cheap flights take off
Propounding huge volts into the ionosphere as an experimental basis and then distributing that voltage thru huge numbers of ground stations contributes more
Leave the flatulent cows alone. Set em free imo
The last time I had an encounter with free-roaming cows was when they ate my organically raised runner beans
Barstards!

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dh wrote:
uselesseater wrote:

It's nonsense and rests on the nonsense of arse-burping cows
Presented as a methane producing adjunct to global warming
Adding to the nonsense, and I speak as a vegetarian near vegan myself
I fart myself occasionally and being veggie my farts are rose scented
So be it now with the mostly veggie cows
However many times cows fart bears no relation to the warmth of the atmosphere, no more than how much ludicrously cheap flights take off
Propounding huge volts into the ionosphere as an experimental basis and then distributing that voltage thru huge numbers of ground stations contributes more
Leave the flatulent cows alone. Set em free imo
The last time I had an encounter with free-roaming cows was when they ate my organically raised runner beans
Barstards!

This whole subject is OTT but yea cows are funny, I hope they have the solution to the woes of humans

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uselesseater wrote:

Yes. I like that notion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubber_ritchie wrote:

Consumption of animal flesh leads to dis-ease in society. It is no coincidence that high crime areas are covered with fried chicken/kebab shops, McDonalds, etc.

this is utterly baseless
while i realise u are a commited vegan i must say you are rather inflexible in your views (as opposed to yourself in person)

but allow me to give you a proper example
the countries or regions in the world that have the longest lifespans averaging over 100 years are
okinawa - japan
hunza - pakistan
abkhazia - former soviet union
sardinia - meditteranean
and guess what
NONE OF THEM ARE VEGETAREAN
moving on the countries in the world that have the shortest average lifespans are all in sub sahran africa such as zimbabwe
the basic standard food consumed is vegan
in zimbabwe for ezample they eat cornmeal porridge

now i realise there are factors such as illness and wars that reduce average lifespans but it is more than a coincidence that people are living longer in meat and fish eating areas and are dying younger in rice and maize eating areas
people who are poor cannot afford meat and end up eating pasta and rice and as a result are more prone to illness.

Try going down the fishmongers and tell me that new labour subsidises meat and you are having a laugh
A rib eye steak costs about £4 from the supermarket for one person
a fish and chip dinner now costs £5.50 in most places for one person
lamb is more expensive still
so please dont say that meat is subsidised
meat is for rich people NOT poor people which is why poor people live shorter more unhealthy lives than rich people.

Last edited by karlos on Thu May 31, 2007 4:40 am; edited 2 times in total
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubber_ritchie wrote:

The governments' 'health' bodies are always promoting meat and dairy as 'healthy', 'nutritious' or the big lie, 'essential'. Meat and dairy are subsidised by the government. In the past animal products were eaten as a treat which is where the Sunday roast tradition came from. Now people gorge on flesh and dairy and so cancer, heart disease and diabetes are soaring.

my friend let me remind you what the traditional diet was
breakfast - eggs, bacon, liver, kippers
lunch - cornish pasty, meat pie, pork pie, scotch egg,
dinner - meat and 2 veg, eg: stew, hotpot, broth, soup, roasted meat, etc
supper - bread and beef dripping or bread and cheese, or cured meats like tongue,
there was no such thing as margerine and nobody ate pasta or rice
potato and bread were the main starch components
lard, beef dripping and tallow were the main fat sources

please look in any history book or cookbook or ask your grandparents to describe what people used to eat.
And people eating this diet were a lot more healthy than people are today
there was no diabetes, no cancer, and no degenerative diseases such as MS or ME
we are not eating enough protein that is the problema nd we eat too much startch and not enough fat like butter, lard, dripping,
Margerine causes cancer and is the number one cause

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelios wrote:
rubber_ritchie wrote:

my friend let me remind you what the traditional diet was
breakfast - eggs, bacon, liver, kippers
lunch - cornish pasty, meat pie, pork pie, scotch egg,
dinner - meat and 2 veg, eg: stew, hotpot, broth, soup, roasted meat, etc
supper - bread and beef dripping or bread and cheese, or cured meats like tongue,
there was no such thing as margerine and nobody ate pasta or rice
potato and bread were the main starch components
lard, beef dripping and tallow were the main fat sources

please look in any history book or cookbook or ask your grandparents to describe what people used to eat.
we are not eating enough protein that is the problema nd we eat too much startch and not enough fat like butter, lard, dripping,

well put.

although i think a part of the problem also is processed nonsense. they add god knows what that normally would'nt be in the food if you cut out the processing and go to a butcher for example.

i was taught in school that protein was part of a healthy diet, now the state that taught me that wants to take it away, the same as they are doing with freedom.

yes you live in a free country and a democracy where you are free to voice your opinons (years later), don't protest or speak out or else, you car'nt eat meat, feed your children what we tell you or the teachers will take it out of their lunch box, and an endless list of other things and more things to come in the future im sure.

slowly but surely getting to a country the direct opposite i was taught, and who taught me? the state who decides what we learn in school etc.

yes live like this they say, then we will punish you for doing it. Rolling Eyes
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who smoked all their lives and lived to be 100. Proof that smoking is good for you. Durrrrrr. Rolling Eyes
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
I know someone who smoked all their lives and lived to be 100. Proof that smoking is good for you. Durrrrrr. Rolling Eyes

not just proof that diet can have a big effect regardless of smoking.
was they a vegitarian? i don't expect you to be honest.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:

i dont know
u try and have an intelletual discussion about nutrition
and this is the best you can do?

fags are 100% meat free
so u vegans go right ahead

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:
although i think a part of the problem also is processed nonsense. they add god knows what that normally would'nt be in the food if you cut out the processing and go to a butcher for example.

yes
MSG is another major poison put in our food
better to home cook your own food using fresh meat and veg

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky 54 wrote:
was they a vegitarian? i don't expect you to be honest.

Since they didn't exist in the first place I can't say if they "was" a "vegitarian" - that's the honest reply.

stelios wrote:
i dont know
u try and have an intelletual discussion about nutrition
and this is the best you can do?

fags are 100% meat free
so u vegans go right ahead

There is nothing "intelletual" about what has been said so far and I am not a vegan. I would no more smoke a fag than eat a piece of cow or pig. Filthy habit.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

it seems enough protien intake is doable, however this is all about choice of course(others call it freedom). some people are to busy to be counting out how much each family member has eaten in protein which seems to be what would be needed if you wanted to raise your entire family without meat, a balanced diet of meat and veg gaurentees your intake without all the calculating and working out if you are getting the protien you need.

i may consider cutting down on meat in exchanged for some of the listed in the link but i doubt i'd ever cut it out fullstop, then again we might not have a choice the way things are going.

a dried cracker anyone?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veggie dog and chickpea's don't sound very vegan to me.

lets promote no meat eating with the veggie dog and chickpea's Rolling Eyes
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stelios

Unfortunately you are off on another waffle session;

View your claims below;

stelios wrote:

We are not eating enough protein that is the problema nd we eat too much startch and not enough fat like butter, lard, dripping,

meat is for rich people NOT poor people which is why poor people live shorter more unhealthy lives than rich people.

Supply proven sources that there were no cancers please.

Supply proven sources for ME being casually-related to diet.

And this stonker;

Margerine causes cancer and is the number one cause.

Number one cause??????? SOURCES??????????

Then - poor people live shorter lives than wealthy people? Where do you get this complete tosh??

Longer average life expectancy
One of the best-known benefits of vegetarianism is, however, not the low probability of having a heart attack, but the longer life expectancy. Vegetarians, on average, live a little longer than the rest of us. Whatever benefits and disadvantages vegetarian diets have, it seems that they give us a little more than they take away.

Time Magazine 11/8/99
'The production of meat and animal products at current levels is considered as environmentally and ecologically unsustainable. Modern industrial agriculture is changing ecosystems faster than they can adapt.

The cost of mass-producing cattle, poultry, pigs, sheep and fish to feed our growing population... include highly inefficient use of freshwater and land, heavy pollution from livestock feces... and spreading destruction of the forests on which much of our planet's life depends.'
Divex
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he got the story from the Mail or some Brit newspaper, and it does fit with their agenda.......as eating only veg makes u fairly" fit of body and sluggish of mind"!
mark_e
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally all i have seen over the last few years is attempts by the ptb to take away the livelyhood of small farmers and promote 'industrial farming'. this has been done by increasing the stronghold of the supermarkets. look at an asda/tesco whole chicken, then roast it. was it worth the £2.99 you paid for it? then work out tesco's cut, haulage, packaging, etc, etc and you'll eventually get a miniscule sume the farmer gets to heat feed and 'innoculate' his chickens. you can apply the same sums to any farm product. so when the entire food production industry has been whittled down to large industrial farming companies, the prices can start to rise again.

the arguement will always be 'i got this from the supermarket and look how cheap it was' - it's cheap for a reason. what people have forgotten is that a chicken used to do at least 3 meals, roast on sunday, casserole monday, soup tuesday. you just couldn't do that with a tesco frankenchicken.

I used to be vege, now i eat good meat and fish, bought and sourced / shot locally as it suits me better. it's more expensive (apart from the shot stuff or roadkill venison;-), but it goes further, tastes better and has been less messed around with.

If you can't do that in a city - move to a less populated area.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:

And this stonker;

Then - poor people live shorter lives than wealthy people? Where do you get this complete tosh??
][/quote]

Hello, nice to hear from you again, in between making donations?
PS: i prefer to make my donations in person

Copied From: "Your Health At Risk" - What Doctors and the Government Aren't Telling You" by Dr Toni Jeffreys Ph.D. Published by Howling at the Moon Publishing, Ltd, New Zealand, 1998

Yes, margarine is lovely. It spreads ever so nicely. Moreover, you can leave it lying around for months or even years and it won't `go off'. Nor will any animal, insect or microbe come near it. And that should tell us something important. The animals, insects and microbes must know something we don't know. (Web Editor's note: Even cockroaches won't eat margarine. And cockroaches eat axle grease!).

What they know is that there's nothing good in margarine, nothing worth the trouble of eating. In fact it's bad news for health, whether human health or other life. And especially bad for the human heart. And so are all the hydrogenated vegetable oils bottled in clear plastic or glass you can buy in the supermarket.

But the Heart Foundation not only says they're O.K.; it recommends them .

The Heart Foundations all over the world are misinformed and there is evidence that this misinformation has killed millions `before their time'.

The U.S. Surgeon General's report for 1988 (and similarly more recently), concluded that fifteen out of every 21 deaths (more than 2 /3) among Americans involve nutrition; that is deficiencies, excesses or imbalances.

One of the world's foremost experts on the subject of fats and oils, Dr Udo Erasmus, Ph.D, of Vancouver, Canada, consultant in fats and oils, who wrote the world best seller, FATS THAT HEAL; FATS THAT KILL, agrees with the Surgeon General's conclusion, but adds the concept of `toxicity' or body poisoning. He claims that all degenerative diseases are caused by malnutrition and/or toxicity in the body, that fats can be highly toxic to the body, moreover he believes that eating the wrong fats and/or not enough of the right fats, hills prematurely over 2 /3 of the populations of affluent industrialised nations, what we think of as `the West'. And he breaks this down as follows:

Cardiovascular (Heart) disease 43.8%
Cancer 22.4%
Diabetes 1.8%

Unfortunately he says, medical doctors (with whom many of us entrust our lives), study disease, not health, and therefore know little on the vital subject of nutrition and its effects. And this despite several important findings on the subject reported in medical journals. We will look at those findings soon. The reason for the doctors' ignorance in this area: "Their curriculum includes little or no nutrition, lots on pharmaceutical drugs, and nothing about the effects of processing fats and oils on human health."

On reading this huge book on fats and oils, one is amazed that there is such ignorance about their importance. And yet it is a fact that some years ago, the Paris press had a screaming headline:

"MARGARINE STANDS INDICTED"

and the London Daily Express echoed:

"THE FAT IN YOUR FRYING PAN CAN BE DEADLY!"

And yet we are still eating the stuff. Only always trying to eat less fat, and feeling guilty when we do.

"FAT!" These days the very word makes us shudder. Because we've been conditioned to think of fat only as the substance which prevents the slim and gorgeous person we really are, from coming to the fore. Or that it will damage our hearts.

But FAT is essential to the health of every cell in the body, all "sixty-three trillions" of them. Fat is basic to life.

Here are some of the vital functions of fat in the body:

Fats are an important building material in cell membranes, that is the outer shell of all of our cells, the cells of which we are composed, where they have vital roles to play in communication with other cells and with transporting nutrients into the cells and waste materials out of them.
They are also to be found in the myelin sheaths, that is the covering of every nerve in our body. When the fat metabolism goes wrong and these sheaths do not work, we may develop Multiple Sclerosis.
The liver uses fats to transport numerous vital substances in the blood around the body.
Fat is used as part of the substance which helps the blood to clot, preventing us from bleeding to death in many different situations.
As mentioned, fats are the basis of the body's steroid hormones which control many body functions, the cardiovascular system, sex and reproduction, the central nervous system, and the immune system.
And there are many other body processes which use fats. Most important of all, the brain needs fats, both to develop and to function well all through life.
We simply must have some fat in the diet. Erasmus, one of the world's foremost experts on the subject, claims that we need 15 to 20% of the diet in fats, good fats. It should be clear that if we do not get the fats we need, we are in trouble. But any old fat just will not do. It's got to be the right kind of fat or fats to do all of the above.

In the 1960s, under the unfortunate impression that it was fat, any and all fat, that caused arteriosclerosis or clogged arteries and heart attacks, Nathan Pritiken, the engineer we looked at briefly in the chapter on Cholesterol, suffering from those worrying clogged arteries, devised a diet in which the fat content was reduced to a minimum of 7% of the calories. He also believed in vegetable oils or polyunsaturates, as available on the market.

Through his conviction and the force of his personality, thousands of people became devoted to what came to be known as The Pritiken Diet, which in combination with plentiful exercise was supposed to bring us all to the promised land of healthy happy slimness, clean arteries and longer lives. It did clean out the arteries, but it did not bring long life. Pritiken, poor fellow, now has the cleanest arteries in the cemetery. He died too young, but he did not die of a heart attack. He contracted a form of cancer and took his life. According to Erasmus, "Diets low in fats are deficient in essential fatty acids which inhibit tumor incidence and growth."

Dr Wayne Martin, scientist and health researcher, writing in the Townsend Letter for Doctors, tells it `like it is.': "The problem of preventing heart attach deaths and cancer deaths are intertwined both for good and for bad. While most doctors are telling one and all to have polyunsaturated fats in the diet to prevent deaths from a heart attach, there is evidence that they are actually increasing cancer deaths among us."

A recent report in the extremely respectable Archives of Internal Medicine (1998:158:41-45) confirms Dr Martin's thesis. Polyunsaturated oils may increase a woman's risk of breast cancer by 69%; while olive oil, a monounsaturated fat, may actually reduce this risk by 45%.

For one of the most worrying discoveries of all has been that processed polyunsaturated oils are immunosuppressive. That is, they suppress the immune system, our defence against cancer. What is more, they are even more immunosuppressive than the drugs designed for the purpose. This means that they prevent our immune systems from doing their job. And their job is, of course, to prevent cancer and infections. This was reported in Britain's most influential medical journal, the Lancet in 1978. 55 Does your doctor know about it?

What this means is that it has been known since 1978; it has been recorded in Britain's foremost medical journal, that polyunsaturated fats and oils, those lovely safflower and sunflower oils in the clear glass bottles, will dampen down the immune system. And yet who has acted upon this knowledge? And which governments have ensured that all of us would know and have a choice in what we eat or don't eat?

Dr Joanna Budwig of Germany, pioneer scientist in the world of fats in relation to health, and seven times a Nobel prize nominee, said this concerning fat and disease:

"Anatomically speaking, heart infarction observation studies reveal nothing abnormal in the picture except for solid fat, which encircles the normally lean heart muscle, confining and disturbing the heart's action." 56 That is, on autopsy after a death from sudden heart failure, everything looks normal, except for the fact that the heart muscle is surrounded by solid fat. And, as we have noted, this type of heart failure was almost unknown before 1926. She also speaks of `isolated fat' found in rheumatic tissue, that is, in painful muscles.

Worst of all perhaps, the invention of the electron microscope has made it possible to see that the only difference between cancerous cells and healthy cells is 'isolated fat'.

It seems that when fats are rejected by the body tissues, they are isolated and deposited in places where fats are not normally found. It is easy to see why people have in the past, and even now, blamed "fat" for all our problems. But there is far more to it than that.

In an earlier time, each family or group of families produced its own food and ensured that it was both nourishing and safe. Later, people got their fats from butter in the local dairy or their oil from someone who grew olive trees or other oil-bearing plants.

The oil was simply pressed out as needed ("cold-pressing"). The housewife or other person, would pick up the supply daily or every few days, because it was highly perishable and people could taste the difference between fresh butter or oil and the rancid or dangerous kind. That is, rancid fats are carcinogenic, cancer-causing. Or sometimes there would be an `oil-beater' going from door to door with the fresh product. Either way, once obtained it was stored in a covered ceramic jar, kept in a cool dark place and quickly consumed.

In this manner each part of the world developed its own special oil, depending on what was available, e.g. fresh coconut oil is the oil of choice in the tropics. And on these natural oils, there were very low rates of heart disease. Similarly, the Eskimos, who, despite the fact that their natural diet includes enormous amounts of saturated fats from animal sources, have very low levels of heart disease. The Japanese also have low rates of heart disease with their natural diet. But today, when these groups give up their traditional diets and move to `the West', or take up Western foods, their rates of heart disease, cancer, and so on, gradually become the same as for the rest of us.

Our food troubles began when we ceased to be agrarian people and began to live in cities. Even so, up until 1920 most of the fats eaten were saturated and came mainly from animal sources – butter, lard or tallow.

But as cities got bigger and bigger, the problem of feeding the inhabitants was eventually resolved by what today we call Food Technology. That is, the food technologists devised ways of preserving and presenting food so as to keep it long past the normal `shelf life' of foods. And therein lie many problems. Particularly in the area of fats and oils.

After 1920, the manmade, highly refined fats came in, the margarine, the corn oil, the sunflower and all the other vegetable oils. And since that time, cancer deaths have increased threefold, and deaths from heart attacks thirty-five fold.

Once again, it is not FAT per se that is killing us, but the kinds of fat we are eating.

In 1929, the most important parts of fats and oils, that which are known as Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs), were discovered by two scientists, Mildred and George Burr. They are called "essential" because they cannot be manufactured in the body, but must be taken in regularly in the form of fats or oils, just as certain vitamins, minerals and amino acids are essential for human health, and must be taken in regularly . 64 The chemistry of these Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) is complex, but suffice it to say that they are of many kinds and that each kind serves different purposes in the body.

They are essential for human health. But recent surveys have shown that 80% of the U.S. population is deficient in these Essential Fatty Acids. 65

More over inadequate EFA intake, among other causes, may contribute to Attention Deficit Disorder in children and/or Hyperactivity. There is no reason to believe that the percentage would be much better in New Zealand.

Laboratory animals deprived of EFAs will exhibit the following problems:

Normal growth fails to occur.
Wounds do not heal properly.
In females pregnancy is rare, and if it does occur, miscarriage will usually follow.
Hair falls out and skin problems develop.
The body loses water through the skin, creating a concentrated urine and thirst.
The kidneys fail.
The liver degenerates.
The glands atrophy.
The immune system breaks down, and infections are common. 67
The Essential Fatty Acids are considered so important that in 1977 the World Health Organisation in Geneva, with agreement of the United Nations and the FAO in Rome, made the following recommendation:

"In the light of present knowledge, it seems prudent to recommend that future lines of research follow these requirements for EFAs, that it is desirable that they are not lost by commercial processing and that the problem must be addressed by law."

That is a very polite way of saying that manufacturers of processed fats should be controlled by law. And that in fact is what has happened in Europe. It has not happened in the English-speaking countries.

As far as studies go, apart from the Pritiken diet which reduced fats in the diet below 10%, we have not done experiments on humans wherein EFAs were completely eliminated, for obvious reasons.

However, an article in the Sunday Star Times, July 12, 1998, would dispute this: Camille Cosby, American educator, claims that the University of Texas at Galveston "conducted a controversial study on primarily black babies from 1956 to 1962. The researchers withheld an essential fatty acid from the babies' formulas that humans need for the growth of the whole body and nervous system ... several of the infants died during the course of the study." 1 must add that many other infants are in this terrible situation as a result of ignorance rather than through deliberate experimentation.

It has been found that infants fed formulas low in EFAs become irritable. They also develop large appetites and dry scaly skin. When sufficient EFAs are added to the formula, the infants' appetites reduce and the skin clears rapidly.

Another expert in the field, is Dr Michael Crawford, formerly head of the Department of Nutritional Biochemistry at the Nuffield Institute of Comparative Medicine in London's Institute of Zoology and now at the Institute of Brain Chemistry and Human Nutrition at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for Children in London. He has a special interest in the history of evolution, the development of the human brain and degenerative diseases. Dr Crawford has found that there are two kinds of fat, as far as our bodies are concerned: the fat for storage and the structural kind. 71

Stored fat is the stuff we need for energy; and these are the fats that become highly visible, not just in the bay window in front, but also in diseased tissues at autopsy. It is generally the stuff the body is forced to store because it cannot do anything else with it once it has used what it needs for energy.

In terms of our evolution, Dr Crawford believes that it was structural fats, or the Essential Fatty Acids, in the form of a fish diet, that made possible Homo Sapiens, through the development of our complex brains and central nervous systems. 72 So if we were told to "eat up your fish; it's good for your brain," they were absolutely right.

It is this structural fat we need for all the vital tasks in the body we have noted. And the different fatty acids all provide differing building materials for different jobs in the body. For example, the outer sheaths of the nerves need saturated fats (from animal products) for rigidity, while it is unsaturated fats (from vegetable sources, but not the commercially made hydrogenated variety) that are needed for the softer linings of the arteries.

Of the whole body, the brain has the greatest need for the right kind of fats. 70% of our brain cells were acquired by us during fetal life. And the acquisition of brain cells continues at a slower pace throughout life. It is therefore of the utmost importance that pregnant and nursing women have the right kind of diet. What they need are the Essential Fatty Acids, the EFAs. "Many authorities recommend that pregnant and nursing women consume fatty fish two to three times weekly and/or add a minimal amount of flax seed oil to their diets to insure adequate intake of EFAs. "

And as we have noted, "good' fats should be around 15 to 20% of the calories in our diets. But studies have shown that "American mothers produce milk that often has only one fifth to one tenth of the Omega 3 (the fish-oil fatty acid) content of the milk that well-nourished, nut-eating Nigerian mothers provide their infants."
In March of 1991, the Mayo clinic reported on a study of nineteen "normal" pregnant women on "normal" diets, a study which found all were deficient in the EFAs. (It is also said that premature infants need more of the EFAs from fish oil for it is they who are most at risk in their brain development.) Unfortunately, manufactured infant formulas are almost completely devoid of EFAs, as they contain the fairly useless and damaging refined products. In fact Dr Joseph G Hattersley believes there is an association between these marketed infant formulas and a percentage of crib deaths (SIDS). 77 (Hattersley, "Crib Death: Sudden Infant Death that isn't sudden at all," Townsend Letter, May 1996, 62-65)

According to Dr Finnegan, "There are many serious consequences of generation after generation having diets deficient in an element essential for normal development of the nervous system." These dangerous and abnormal fats are not, of course, the only possible cause of SIDS. We will come to another later.

We have in our time already seen the effects of not consuming sufficient EFAs and taking in the wrong kinds of fats. We have seen it in the clogged arteries and heart disease so common today. And in the rise of Multiple Sclerosis we are already seeing signs of nervous system deterioration. For everywhere in the world the rise of M.S. follows the rise in heart disease, Alzheimer's disease and mental ill health.

A lack of EFAs is also believed to be implicated in arthritis and cancer, other degenerative diseases and skin diseases. With the majority of people these days being deficient in the EFAs, we must therefore ask the question: What is happening to our children's brains? Not to mention the rest of us? "The frightening news is that for the past three generations ... the majority of the people in North America have not been given adequate nourishment for complete brain development." 80 One can assume that this would also be true of New Zealand and Australia.

But it is not only that EFAs are essential to health in many ways, it is also that one is never really satisfied unless there is a certain level in the diet. For, as noted, we should have 15 to 20 percent of the calories or kilocalories in fats and oil, of the right kind. 8

Here is what happens to conscientious dieters: Under the current misinformation about the role of fats in our health, they cut their fat intake back to the minimum. And in addition they are probably not getting the right fat when they do eat it. They try very hard not to cheat. But their bodies, desperately needing the EFAs to do the thousands of things they are needed for, keep screaming out, "More food!" "More food!" So the hapless dieter keeps getting the message in the form of "I'm hungry! I'm hungry!"

So they gorge on anything but fat in the attempt to stem the "I'm hungry!" message. But no matter how much they eat, so long as the EFAs are missing they will still essentially be hungry, a situation reminiscent of the mad hatter's tea party. And they cannot be healthy. It is likely that most reducing diets fail because there is not enough fat in them.

A most interesting point is that when animals are to be fattened for market, the fat is eliminated from their diets, and cereals are greatly increased." 82 But this is precisely what we usually do when trying to lose weight! Fat actually burns off fat.

To look at what has happened to our fats since the 1920s, first we must consider the desire on the part of manufacturers to make as much money as possible. To do this they use the cheapest materials available and the cheapest processes. They then are in a position to price their products well under that of the equivalent "natural' product and thus to drive it out of the market.

But food is not "a product", or should not be. It is essential for health, for life itself.

And here is what has happened to our precious EFAs:

In order to produce fats and oils which will not age, go rancid, "go off", food manufacturers subject them to enormous heat, sometimes up to 1000 oF. During this intense heating, hydrogen is bubbled through the oil and forced under pressure into the boiling fat molecules, as one account would have it, "in the presence of nickel, aluminum or other heavy metal." 84 A small amount of these metals are retained in the fat, and are, of course, toxic to the human body.

Through these and other processes the oils are "hydrogenated", "deodorised", "winterised", "bleached", and "refined". And under these processes, especially the enormous heat and pressure, most of the naturally-occurring nutrients we need are lost: almost all of the vitamin E, lecithin, beta-carotene and the Essential Fatty Acids. For there is no way these fats and oils can be subject to such heat and pressure; so altered without losing vital nutrients." 85 (And most of these are the nutrients we need to prevent heart attacks and cancer.)

Once the fat or oil is "hydrogenated" it will last indefinitely. The margarine is packaged attractively in plastic tubs; the oil is placed in clear glass or plastic bottles. And if they remain just so, sitting in the kitchen in all weathers, just what will happen to them inside our bodies?

In particular, the harder fats, the margarine, will remain firm in the body also. Scientists who have studied these effects speak of the `stickiness' of margarine in the body. This `stickiness' makes for `sticky blood platelets', `thick' blood, one of the worst initiators of heart disease. And that is why so many of us are on drugs to `thin' the blood. They also instigate fatty deposits in the arteries, liver, and other organs. They change cell membranes for the worse by making our cells more permeable, so that undesirable substances can penetrate.

Worst of all, the process of hydrogenating fats creates entirely `new' molecules forced into shapes they were never designed to be in. They are, in effect, poisonous to the body. And the name of the monster which emerges from these fortune-making fat factories is Trans Fatty Acids. `Trans,' the name for these Frankenstein fats, was a term dreamed up somewhere near the laboratory. It is yet another example of the subversion of the language for commercial reasons. For `trans' implies positive things like `transformation', `transfiguration'. Whereas in truth the fat has not been transformed, it has been deformed.

Trans Fatty Acids are, in fact, deformed monsters let loose upon the world. There were no such things in existence before modern food technology. And therefore our bodies were not designed to cope with them. It is as though these deformed molecules are maverick keys that do not fit anywhere. Worse, just as we can sometimes get the wrong key in a lock but it will not turn, they do this, and then prevent any good fat molecules from gaining entrance and permitting the body to function normally, or as it would with real molecules. And as we have seen, the metabolism of fats affects each and every organ in the body.

Thus it is that the TFAs have been found to be a major cause of heart disease and cancer, for they do not fit in the body at all. And what the body has to do with substances it cannot use is "stash `em in the arteries," and elsewhere.

It is said that early in the Second World War the country of Norway had almost all of its margarine stocks confiscated by the Germans as part of the `spoils of war'. In this case the booty was not well named for it would never spoil. And by the end of the war Norway had one third the rate of heart attacks it usually did. But after the war the margarine came back of course, and gradually the rate of heart attacks increased to the normal rate. 90

An important study, confirming that margarine, and refined cooking and salad oils, contributes to heart disease and cancer, was conducted in the Netherlands by two Dutch scientists and in 1990 was reported in the most esteemed of all American medical journals, The New England Journal of Medicine, 91 also in the Journal of Lipid Research in 1992. 92

In April 1995, a Danish Nutrition Council report commenting on this and other studies, suggested that it is the trans-fatty acids in margarine that are responsible for arteriosclerosis, rather than the much-maligned saturated animal fats.93 In Europe today, trans-fats are severely restricted. Some countries permit no more than 0.1 percent in food products. In contrast, margarines in the English-speaking countries may contain up to 30 to 50 percent. The only margarine that is used, or permitted on the European continent, is a much more expensive version made of coconut and olive oils, quite different in food value from the stuff permitted in our English-speaking countries. In fact in Denmark and Holland, our kind of margarine is outlawed, and anything with TFAs in it must have the levels on the label. 94

But perhaps the most conclusive study on the effects of margarine and hydrogenated oils was carried out at the Harvard School of Public Health where 85,095 nurses were followed for thirteen years. The study was actually set up to prove that margarine and hydrogenated vegetable oils were safer for the heart! But instead they found the complete reverse. Those who consumed the highest intakes of TFAs had the highest rates of heart disease. Reporting in the most prestigious of British Medical Journals, The Lancet, Dr Walter Willet, MD concluded that the Danish and the Harvard studies had together established an "unequivocal causal relation between the TFAs and the risk of heart disease.'' 95 Even the most conservative Harvard Health Letter, referred to Trans-fats as "the new enemy. " 96

Following the publication of these accounts in both of the world's most influential medical journals, and elsewhere, studies so emphatically damning of the consumption of margarine and hydrogenated oils, there is absolutely no excuse for the cardiologists who advise Heart Foundations around the world, or the average doctor, to continue exhorting people suffering from heart disease to eat this dangerous rubbish. For the effects on people of this `advice', it amounts in my view to criminal negligence.

These were not the first warnings about these dangerous fats and oils. As early as 1956, The Lancet cautiously warned that "...coronary artery disease becomes in part a preventable disorder, but at the cost of a complete revolution in our present-day dietary habits. The hydrogenation plants of our modern food industry may turn out to have contributed to the causation of a major disease. " 97 It has been a warning ignored for 42 years by governments and most doctors. Wayne Martin: "The threefold increase in our consumption of hydrogenated polyunsaturated fat has over 90 years resulted in a 35 fold increase in heart attack deaths and a three-fold increase in cancer deaths.' 98

The problem is that today it is difficult to avoid the TFAs. Their presence in the diet has increased fifty-fold in the last 20 years. If you eat bought cakes, biscuits, cheese made from hydrogenated fats, commercially fried foods, most breads, and a thousand other products, there it will be.

Dr Mary Enig, research associate in the department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Maryland has studied Trans Fatty Acids for decades. She has analysed 600 foods for their TFA content, and after all those foods and all those years she concluded that Americans eat 11 to 28 grams of TFAs a day, or up to 20% of their daily diet. 99

As if all this were not enough there is something else. In order to get that lovely `butter' colour, there is a yellow dye added to margarine. For this, they often use Cadmium which is a toxic metal, alien to the body. What is more, Cadmium interferes with the absorption of Zinc, a mineral vital to our health, especially to the immune system. 100

We need to buy fresh butter, and oils that have not been heated, that is, we need "cold-pressed" oils in dark glass bottles. For even the best of olive oil will in time become full of dangerous free radicals in a clear glass bottle.

But perhaps the worst blow of all, Dr Finnegan claims that some unscrupulous health store owners simply buy cheap processed oils from commercial sources and put their own "cold-pressed" label on them. And naturally they cost more than the supermarket variety. So that even those of us aware of the need for cold-pressed oils can get `conned' into buying more worthless dangerous oil.

It looks as though in the absence of any serious policing in this highly critical area, we are all of us out on that vast and dangerous highway which is Food Consumerism, `playing chicken' all the time with most of our purchases.

And when I say "playing chicken" I mean quite seriously that we are gambling with our lives, or the length of them. But we must not fall into the error of blaming those who make these fats for the market. They are producing something people are led to believe they want and need, and make fortunes out of doing so. This is the way of the "free market place." They cater to our love of ease. And they have so much money left over after producing their toxic fats that they can spend a king's ransom on `image-making' and on lies to tell us how good margarine is for us. "Staying Alive!" is the phrase that comes to mind.

That these atrocious lies are permitted in the face of overwhelming evidence that refined fats and oils are killers, will be one of the marvels of the next century. And they will surely have a great deal to marvel at. They will surely marvel at the fact that the knowledge of the dangers of trans-fats has been around for many years, but that the fat processors have succeeded in keeping it quiet.

With hopefully more enlightened food laws and practices in the future, we will then be looked back upon as incredibly naive and ignorant to have accepted this unbelievable exploitation for most of our century "How can it have happened?" will be the question asked. For just as we think of people who used leeches to bleed the sick as pathetically ignorant, so they will regard us. In fact leeches, and `bleeding,' in a small way, actually make a lot more sense than eating TFAs. 102

The fault in the English-speaking countries must truly lie in the failure of `medical science' to show sufficient interest in nutrition and to make known the facts about fat, and with governments who do not care enough about the health of their peoples to act in this regard, as have some governments in Europe.

As we noted in our introduction, we have the technology to put a man into space and to watch him walk on the moon. But we could do nothing to prevent that very man having a heart attack at 43 . 103 It is my belief that that heart attack could have been prevented.

I did not plan to take so long to tell this story. But it is not a straight-forward one. To summarise:

It is very bad advice to "keep your fats low." We need 15—20% of our food to be in fat, good fat. Every cell in our body needs it. That is, we need the essential fatty acids. 104
If we attempt to lose weight without sufficient good fats and oils, we will always be hungry. We will fail.
The body cannot handle margarine and hydrogenated oils. Eating these fats will clog up our arteries, our hearts, cause cancer and impair brain development in our children and in ourselves. They are killers. And that is why sales are controlled or forbidden in Europe.
The evidence clearly shows that we can indeed prevent this epidemic massacre of innocents if we will just look at it and act upon it. For the truth is very simple. All we have to do is choose the right fats and exercise care in their preservation and consumption and we can enjoy better health, that is, if we are able to get hold of them.

We must do it. Moreover, the future of the human race will depend upon the brains and the health of our children. It is therefore imperative that there be an awareness that our bodies are designed to utilise natural foods, foods that contain nutrients, foods that spoil. If they do not "go off" it is time to start worrying about them. In other words, a longer shelf life for foods will diminish our shelf lives.

WHAT FATS AND OILS ARE SAFE TO EAT?

Butter should be eaten in preference to margarine, but it must not be rancid. To this end, keep it cool or frozen. Avoid putting it into a dairy compartment, the so called `butter conditioner,' which is really the `butter warmer,' or `butter rancidifier.' Only small amounts as needed for the next day should be put into the warmer parts of the refrigerator or left out at room temperature. Yellow outer bits should be discarded. In cooking, butter should not be heated to the smoking point, but at least it will not form TFAs when heated. Our ancestors ate butter for centuries without apparent harm, in fact many long-lived groups did.
Olive oil is wonderful! It is probably in part responsible for the low rates of heart disease and cancer in the Mediterranean peoples and other groups who consume it. 105 That and the equally health-bringing and marvellous garlic. But it must be bought from a trustworthy source, must preferably be in a dark glass bottle or tin, and should have on the label the words `virgin' and `cold-pressed.' Buy it in small quantities if possible. Once opened, keep it in the refrigerator. If it should become too hard to pour, it can be softened by placing it in warm, not hot water. But it can remain fresh for some time out of the refrigerator if kept in a cool dark place, depending on how old it is when bought. Like all foods, you get most value from it by eating it raw.
Coconut oil is an exceptionally fine oil. Dr Ray Peat of the International University of Mexico praises it highly and uses it extensively himself. It does not go rancid; it enables one to eat less as one can go longer without getting hungry. Unfortunately, hard to find in a pure form. 106
Flax seed oil (linseed) is among the best. But it must be bought in a dark bottle from the refrigerator in a health food store you can trust. It should bear an expiration date, as ideally should all fats and oils. It should be kept in the refrigerator. Dr Budwig has experimented with flaxseed oil for decades. She claims it is the best oil we can eat, that it contains the right balance of EFAs for human health. She also claims that a mixture of flaxseed oil and plain yogurt or cottage cheese (8 Tablespoons in 100 grams, divided over the day) will over time dissolve hard deposited fats and thus cure cancer, heart disease and arthritis. She allows a little honey with it, and thus it can be quite delicious. She claims to have turned around people in the last stages of cancer and heart disease with this mixture. If people are too ill even to eat, she puts flax seed oil into the bowel.
Evening Primrose Oil. Taken as a supplement this is a most excellent oil and a source of essential fatty acids, Omega 6. There has been much research done recently, attesting to the value of EPO in most modern diseases. Keep in the refrigerator. (Web Editor's Note: For menstrual pain, try several or more capsules several days before a period. Increase this amount if you still feel pain. This works for me and many other women I have have met).
Fish Oil, taken either in the form of frequent oily fish, or in capsules, contains Essential Fatty Acids, necessary for a thousand processes in the body. A source of the essential Omega 3.
Hemp oil is another first rate one, especially as it can readily be grown without pesticides. Hemp seeds can be ground into butter, a butter far superior to peanut butter, which is often full of carcinogenic aflatoxins. Also hemp fibre has numerous uses in textiles, rope and paper. However, government hysteria usually makes this one difficult to obtain and use. (Web Editor's Note: There are many different varieties of hemp. Only some have the drug in them. America used to live off hemp products).
Tahini paste; nut and seed butters. Spreads worth a try, provided the seeds and nuts are obtained without having been grown with pesticides and are not rancid. Should be kept in the refrigerator.
Sesame Oil. Used by many Asian groups for their stir-frying. Best for cooking when unrefined. But again, do not let it smoke. Again, make sure it is cold pressed or expeller pressed.

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:

And this stonker;

]

Hello, nice to hear from you again, in between making donations?
PS: i prefer to make my donations in person

Copied From: "Your Health At Risk" - What Doctors and the Government Aren't Telling You" by Dr Toni Jeffreys Ph.D. Published by Howling at the Moon Publishing, Ltd, New Zealand, 1998

Yes, margarine is lovely. It spreads ever so nicely. Moreover, you can leave it lying around for months or even years and it won't `go off'. Nor will any animal, insect or microbe come near it. And that should tell us something important. The animals, insects and microbes must know something we don't know. (Web Editor's note: Even cockroaches won't eat margarine. And cockroaches eat axle grease!).

What they know is that there's nothing good in margarine, nothing worth the trouble of eating. In fact it's bad news for health, whether human health or other life. And especially bad for the human heart. And so are all the hydrogenated vegetable oils bottled in clear plastic or glass you can buy in the supermarket.

But the Heart Foundation not only says they're O.K.; it recommends them .

The Heart Foundations all over the world are misinformed and there is evidence that this misinformation has killed millions `before their time'.

The U.S. Surgeon General's report for 1988 (and similarly more recently), concluded that fifteen out of every 21 deaths (more than 2 /3) among Americans involve nutrition; that is deficiencies, excesses or imbalances.

One of the world's foremost experts on the subject of fats and oils, Dr Udo Erasmus, Ph.D, of Vancouver, Canada, consultant in fats and oils, who wrote the world best seller, FATS THAT HEAL; FATS THAT KILL, agrees with the Surgeon General's conclusion, but adds the concept of `toxicity' or body poisoning. He claims that all degenerative diseases are caused by malnutrition and/or toxicity in the body, that fats can be highly toxic to the body, moreover he believes that eating the wrong fats and/or not enough of the right fats, hills prematurely over 2 /3 of the populations of affluent industrialised nations, what we think of as `the West'. And he breaks this down as follows:

Cardiovascular (Heart) disease 43.8%
Cancer 22.4%
Diabetes 1.8%

Unfortunately he says, medical doctors (with whom many of us entrust our lives), study disease, not health, and therefore know little on the vital subject of nutrition and its effects. And this despite several important findings on the subject reported in medical journals. We will look at those findings soon. The reason for the doctors' ignorance in this area: "Their curriculum includes little or no nutrition, lots on pharmaceutical drugs, and nothing about the effects of processing fats and oils on human health."

On reading this huge book on fats and oils, one is amazed that there is such ignorance about their importance. And yet it is a fact that some years ago, the Paris press had a screaming headline:

"MARGARINE STANDS INDICTED"

and the London Daily Express echoed:

"THE FAT IN YOUR FRYING PAN CAN BE DEADLY!"

And yet we are still eating the stuff. Only always trying to eat less fat, and feeling guilty when we do.

"FAT!" These days the very word makes us shudder. Because we've been conditioned to think of fat only as the substance which prevents the slim and gorgeous person we really are, from coming to the fore. Or that it will damage our hearts.

But FAT is essential to the health of every cell in the body, all "sixty-three trillions" of them. Fat is basic to life.

Here are some of the vital functions of fat in the body:

Fats are an important building material in cell membranes, that is the outer shell of all of our cells, the cells of which we are composed, where they have vital roles to play in communication with other cells and with transporting nutrients into the cells and waste materials out of them.
They are also to be found in the myelin sheaths, that is the covering of every nerve in our body. When the fat metabolism goes wrong and these sheaths do not work, we may develop Multiple Sclerosis.
The liver uses fats to transport numerous vital substances in the blood around the body.
Fat is used as part of the substance which helps the blood to clot, preventing us from bleeding to death in many different situations.
As mentioned, fats are the basis of the body's steroid hormones which control many body functions, the cardiovascular system, sex and reproduction, the central nervous system, and the immune system.
And there are many other body processes which use fats. Most important of all, the brain needs fats, both to develop and to function well all through life.
We simply must have some fat in the diet. Erasmus, one of the world's foremost experts on the subject, claims that we need 15 to 20% of the diet in fats, good fats. It should be clear that if we do not get the fats we need, we are in trouble. But any old fat just will not do. It's got to be the right kind of fat or fats to do all of the above.

In the 1960s, under the unfortunate impression that it was fat, any and all fat, that caused arteriosclerosis or clogged arteries and heart attacks, Nathan Pritiken, the engineer we looked at briefly in the chapter on Cholesterol, suffering from those worrying clogged arteries, devised a diet in which the fat content was reduced to a minimum of 7% of the calories. He also believed in vegetable oils or polyunsaturates, as available on the market.

Through his conviction and the force of his personality, thousands of people became devoted to what came to be known as The Pritiken Diet, which in combination with plentiful exercise was supposed to bring us all to the promised land of healthy happy slimness, clean arteries and longer lives. It did clean out the arteries, but it did not bring long life. Pritiken, poor fellow, now has the cleanest arteries in the cemetery. He died too young, but he did not die of a heart attack. He contracted a form of cancer and took his life. According to Erasmus, "Diets low in fats are deficient in essential fatty acids which inhibit tumor incidence and growth."

Dr Wayne Martin, scientist and health researcher, writing in the Townsend Letter for Doctors, tells it `like it is.': "The problem of preventing heart attach deaths and cancer deaths are intertwined both for good and for bad. While most doctors are telling one and all to have polyunsaturated fats in the diet to prevent deaths from a heart attach, there is evidence that they are actually increasing cancer deaths among us."

A recent report in the extremely respectable Archives of Internal Medicine (1998:158:41-45) confirms Dr Martin's thesis. Polyunsaturated oils may increase a woman's risk of breast cancer by 69%; while olive oil, a monounsaturated fat, may actually reduce this risk by 45%.

For one of the most worrying discoveries of all has been that processed polyunsaturated oils are immunosuppressive. That is, they suppress the immune system, our defence against cancer. What is more, they are even more immunosuppressive than the drugs designed for the purpose. This means that they prevent our immune systems from doing their job. And their job is, of course, to prevent cancer and infections. This was reported in Britain's most influential medical journal, the Lancet in 1978. 55 Does your doctor know about it?

What this means is that it has been known since 1978; it has been recorded in Britain's foremost medical journal, that polyunsaturated fats and oils, those lovely safflower and sunflower oils in the clear glass bottles, will dampen down the immune system. And yet who has acted upon this knowledge? And which governments have ensured that all of us would know and have a choice in what we eat or don't eat?

Dr Joanna Budwig of Germany, pioneer scientist in the world of fats in relation to health, and seven times a Nobel prize nominee, said this concerning fat and disease:

"Anatomically speaking, heart infarction observation studies reveal nothing abnormal in the picture except for solid fat, which encircles the normally lean heart muscle, confining and disturbing the heart's action." 56 That is, on autopsy after a death from sudden heart failure, everything looks normal, except for the fact that the heart muscle is surrounded by solid fat. And, as we have noted, this type of heart failure was almost unknown before 1926. She also speaks of `isolated fat' found in rheumatic tissue, that is, in painful muscles.

Worst of all perhaps, the invention of the electron microscope has made it possible to see that the only difference between cancerous cells and healthy cells is 'isolated fat'.

It seems that when fats are rejected by the body tissues, they are isolated and deposited in places where fats are not normally found. It is easy to see why people have in the past, and even now, blamed "fat" for all our problems. But there is far more to it than that.

In an earlier time, each family or group of families produced its own food and ensured that it was both nourishing and safe. Later, people got their fats from butter in the local dairy or their oil from someone who grew olive trees or other oil-bearing plants.

The oil was simply pressed out as needed ("cold-pressing"). The housewife or other person, would pick up the supply daily or every few days, because it was highly perishable and people could taste the difference between fresh butter or oil and the rancid or dangerous kind. That is, rancid fats are carcinogenic, cancer-causing. Or sometimes there would be an `oil-beater' going from door to door with the fresh product. Either way, once obtained it was stored in a covered ceramic jar, kept in a cool dark place and quickly consumed.

In this manner each part of the world developed its own special oil, depending on what was available, e.g. fresh coconut oil is the oil of choice in the tropics. And on these natural oils, there were very low rates of heart disease. Similarly, the Eskimos, who, despite the fact that their natural diet includes enormous amounts of saturated fats from animal sources, have very low levels of heart disease. The Japanese also have low rates of heart disease with their natural diet. But today, when these groups give up their traditional diets and move to `the West', or take up Western foods, their rates of heart disease, cancer, and so on, gradually become the same as for the rest of us.

Our food troubles began when we ceased to be agrarian people and began to live in cities. Even so, up until 1920 most of the fats eaten were saturated and came mainly from animal sources – butter, lard or tallow.

But as cities got bigger and bigger, the problem of feeding the inhabitants was eventually resolved by what today we call Food Technology. That is, the food technologists devised ways of preserving and presenting food so as to keep it long past the normal `shelf life' of foods. And therein lie many problems. Particularly in the area of fats and oils.

After 1920, the manmade, highly refined fats came in, the margarine, the corn oil, the sunflower and all the other vegetable oils. And since that time, cancer deaths have increased threefold, and deaths from heart attacks thirty-five fold.

Once again, it is not FAT per se that is killing us, but the kinds of fat we are eating.

In 1929, the most important parts of fats and oils, that which are known as Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs), were discovered by two scientists, Mildred and George Burr. They are called "essential" because they cannot be manufactured in the body, but must be taken in regularly in the form of fats or oils, just as certain vitamins, minerals and amino acids are essential for human health, and must be taken in regularly . 64 The chemistry of these Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) is complex, but suffice it to say that they are of many kinds and that each kind serves different purposes in the body.

They are essential for human health. But recent surveys have shown that 80% of the U.S. population is deficient in these Essential Fatty Acids. 65

More over inadequate EFA intake, among other causes, may contribute to Attention Deficit Disorder in children and/or Hyperactivity. There is no reason to believe that the percentage would be much better in New Zealand.

Laboratory animals deprived of EFAs will exhibit the following problems:

Normal growth fails to occur.
Wounds do not heal properly.
In females pregnancy is rare, and if it does occur, miscarriage will usually follow.
Hair falls out and skin problems develop.
The body loses water through the skin, creating a concentrated urine and thirst.
The kidneys fail.
The liver degenerates.
The glands atrophy.
The immune system breaks down, and infections are common. 67
The Essential Fatty Acids are considered so important that in 1977 the World Health Organisation in Geneva, with agreement of the United Nations and the FAO in Rome, made the following recommendation:

"In the light of present knowledge, it seems prudent to recommend that future lines of research follow these requirements for EFAs, that it is desirable that they are not lost by commercial processing and that the problem must be addressed by law."

That is a very polite way of saying that manufacturers of processed fats should be controlled by law. And that in fact is what has happened in Europe. It has not happened in the English-speaking countries.

As far as studies go, apart from the Pritiken diet which reduced fats in the diet below 10%, we have not done experiments on humans wherein EFAs were completely eliminated, for obvious reasons.

However, an article in the Sunday Star Times, July 12, 1998, would dispute this: Camille Cosby, American educator, claims that the University of Texas at Galveston "conducted a controversial study on primarily black babies from 1956 to 1962. The researchers withheld an essential fatty acid from the babies' formulas that humans need for the growth of the whole body and nervous system ... several of the infants died during the course of the study." 1 must add that many other infants are in this terrible situation as a result of ignorance rather than through deliberate experimentation.

It has been found that infants fed formulas low in EFAs become irritable. They also develop large appetites and dry scaly skin. When sufficient EFAs are added to the formula, the infants' appetites reduce and the skin clears rapidly.

Another expert in the field, is Dr Michael Crawford, formerly head of the Department of Nutritional Biochemistry at the Nuffield Institute of Comparative Medicine in London's Institute of Zoology and now at the Institute of Brain Chemistry and Human Nutrition at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for Children in London. He has a special interest in the history of evolution, the development of the human brain and degenerative diseases. Dr Crawford has found that there are two kinds of fat, as far as our bodies are concerned: the fat for storage and the structural kind. 71

Stored fat is the stuff we need for energy; and these are the fats that become highly visible, not just in the bay window in front, but also in diseased tissues at autopsy. It is generally the stuff the body is forced to store because it cannot do anything else with it once it has used what it needs for energy.

In terms of our evolution, Dr Crawford believes that it was structural fats, or the Essential Fatty Acids, in the form of a fish diet, that made possible Homo Sapiens, through the development of our complex brains and central nervous systems. 72 So if we were told to "eat up your fish; it's good for your brain," they were absolutely right.

It is this structural fat we need for all the vital tasks in the body we have noted. And the different fatty acids all provide differing building materials for different jobs in the body. For example, the outer sheaths of the nerves need saturated fats (from animal products) for rigidity, while it is unsaturated fats (from vegetable sources, but not the commercially made hydrogenated variety) that are needed for the softer linings of the arteries.

Of the whole body, the brain has the greatest need for the right kind of fats. 70% of our brain cells were acquired by us during fetal life. And the acquisition of brain cells continues at a slower pace throughout life. It is therefore of the utmost importance that pregnant and nursing women have the right kind of diet. What they need are the Essential Fatty Acids, the EFAs. "Many authorities recommend that pregnant and nursing women consume fatty fish two to three times weekly and/or add a minimal amount of flax seed oil to their diets to insure adequate intake of EFAs. "

And as we have noted, "good' fats should be around 15 to 20% of the calories in our diets. But studies have shown that "American mothers produce milk that often has only one fifth to one tenth of the Omega 3 (the fish-oil fatty acid) content of the milk that well-nourished, nut-eating Nigerian mothers provide their infants."
In March of 1991, the Mayo clinic reported on a study of nineteen "normal" pregnant women on "normal" diets, a study which found all were deficient in the EFAs. (It is also said that premature infants need more of the EFAs from fish oil for it is they who are most at risk in their brain development.) Unfortunately, manufactured infant formulas are almost completely devoid of EFAs, as they contain the fairly useless and damaging refined products. In fact Dr Joseph G Hattersley believes there is an association between these marketed infant formulas and a percentage of crib deaths (SIDS). 77 (Hattersley, "Crib Death: Sudden Infant Death that isn't sudden at all," Townsend Letter, May 1996, 62-65)

According to Dr Finnegan, "There are many serious consequences of generation after generation having diets deficient in an element essential for normal development of the nervous system." These dangerous and abnormal fats are not, of course, the only possible cause of SIDS. We will come to another later.

We have in our time already seen the effects of not consuming sufficient EFAs and taking in the wrong kinds of fats. We have seen it in the clogged arteries and heart disease so common today. And in the rise of Multiple Sclerosis we are already seeing signs of nervous system deterioration. For everywhere in the world the rise of M.S. follows the rise in heart disease, Alzheimer's disease and mental ill health.

A lack of EFAs is also believed to be implicated in arthritis and cancer, other degenerative diseases and skin diseases. With the majority of people these days being deficient in the EFAs, we must therefore ask the question: What is happening to our children's brains? Not to mention the rest of us? "The frightening news is that for the past three generations ... the majority of the people in North America have not been given adequate nourishment for complete brain development." 80 One can assume that this would also be true of New Zealand and Australia.

But it is not only that EFAs are essential to health in many ways, it is also that one is never really satisfied unless there is a certain level in the diet. For, as noted, we should have 15 to 20 percent of the calories or kilocalories in fats and oil, of the right kind. 8

Here is what happens to conscientious dieters: Under the current misinformation about the role of fats in our health, they cut their fat intake back to the minimum. And in addition they are probably not getting the right fat when they do eat it. They try very hard not to cheat. But their bodies, desperately needing the EFAs to do the thousands of things they are needed for, keep screaming out, "More food!" "More food!" So the hapless dieter keeps getting the message in the form of "I'm hungry! I'm hungry!"

So they gorge on anything but fat in the attempt to stem the "I'm hungry!" message. But no matter how much they eat, so long as the EFAs are missing they will still essentially be hungry, a situation reminiscent of the mad hatter's tea party. And they cannot be healthy. It is likely that most reducing diets fail because there is not enough fat in them.

A most interesting point is that when animals are to be fattened for market, the fat is eliminated from their diets, and cereals are greatly increased." 82 But this is precisely what we usually do when trying to lose weight! Fat actually burns off fat.

To look at what has happened to our fats since the 1920s, first we must consider the desire on the part of manufacturers to make as much money as possible. To do this they use the cheapest materials available and the cheapest processes. They then are in a position to price their products well under that of the equivalent "natural' product and thus to drive it out of the market.

But food is not "a product", or should not be. It is essential for health, for life itself.

And here is what has happened to our precious EFAs:

In order to produce fats and oils which will not age, go rancid, "go off", food manufacturers subject them to enormous heat, sometimes up to 1000 oF. During this intense heating, hydrogen is bubbled through the oil and forced under pressure into the boiling fat molecules, as one account would have it, "in the presence of nickel, aluminum or other heavy metal." 84 A small amount of these metals are retained in the fat, and are, of course, toxic to the human body.

Through these and other processes the oils are "hydrogenated", "deodorised", "winterised", "bleached", and "refined". And under these processes, especially the enormous heat and pressure, most of the naturally-occurring nutrients we need are lost: almost all of the vitamin E, lecithin, beta-carotene and the Essential Fatty Acids. For there is no way these fats and oils can be subject to such heat and pressure; so altered without losing vital nutrients." 85 (And most of these are the nutrients we need to prevent heart attacks and cancer.)

Once the fat or oil is "hydrogenated" it will last indefinitely. The margarine is packaged attractively in plastic tubs; the oil is placed in clear glass or plastic bottles. And if they remain just so, sitting in the kitchen in all weathers, just what will happen to them inside our bodies?

In particular, the harder fats, the margarine, will remain firm in the body also. Scientists who have studied these effects speak of the `stickiness' of margarine in the body. This `stickiness' makes for `sticky blood platelets', `thick' blood, one of the worst initiators of heart disease. And that is why so many of us are on drugs to `thin' the blood. They also instigate fatty deposits in the arteries, liver, and other organs. They change cell membranes for the worse by making our cells more permeable, so that undesirable substances can penetrate.

Worst of all, the process of hydrogenating fats creates entirely `new' molecules forced into shapes they were never designed to be in. They are, in effect, poisonous to the body. And the name of the monster which emerges from these fortune-making fat factories is Trans Fatty Acids. `Trans,' the name for these Frankenstein fats, was a term dreamed up somewhere near the laboratory. It is yet another example of the subversion of the language for commercial reasons. For `trans' implies positive things like `transformation', `transfiguration'. Whereas in truth the fat has not been transformed, it has been deformed.

Trans Fatty Acids are, in fact, deformed monsters let loose upon the world. There were no such things in existence before modern food technology. And therefore our bodies were not designed to cope with them. It is as though these deformed molecules are maverick keys that do not fit anywhere. Worse, just as we can sometimes get the wrong key in a lock but it will not turn, they do this, and then prevent any good fat molecules from gaining entrance and permitting the body to function normally, or as it would with real molecules. And as we have seen, the metabolism of fats affects each and every organ in the body.

Thus it is that the TFAs have been found to be a major cause of heart disease and cancer, for they do not fit in the body at all. And what the body has to do with substances it cannot use is "stash `em in the arteries," and elsewhere.

It is said that early in the Second World War the country of Norway had almost all of its margarine stocks confiscated by the Germans as part of the `spoils of war'. In this case the booty was not well named for it would never spoil. And by the end of the war Norway had one third the rate of heart attacks it usually did. But after the war the margarine came back of course, and gradually the rate of heart attacks increased to the normal rate. 90

An important study, confirming that margarine, and refined cooking and salad oils, contributes to heart disease and cancer, was conducted in the Netherlands by two Dutch scientists and in 1990 was reported in the most esteemed of all American medical journals, The New England Journal of Medicine, 91 also in the Journal of Lipid Research in 1992. 92

In April 1995, a Danish Nutrition Council report commenting on this and other studies, suggested that it is the trans-fatty acids in margarine that are responsible for arteriosclerosis, rather than the much-maligned saturated animal fats.93 In Europe today, trans-fats are severely restricted. Some countries permit no more than 0.1 percent in food products. In contrast, margarines in the English-speaking countries may contain up to 30 to 50 percent. The only margarine that is used, or permitted on the European continent, is a much more expensive version made of coconut and olive oils, quite different in food value from the stuff permitted in our English-speaking countries. In fact in Denmark and Holland, our kind of margarine is outlawed, and anything with TFAs in it must have the levels on the label. 94

But perhaps the most conclusive study on the effects of margarine and hydrogenated oils was carried out at the Harvard School of Public Health where 85,095 nurses were followed for thirteen years. The study was actually set up to prove that margarine and hydrogenated vegetable oils were safer for the heart! But instead they found the complete reverse. Those who consumed the highest intakes of TFAs had the highest rates of heart disease. Reporting in the most prestigious of British Medical Journals, The Lancet, Dr Walter Willet, MD concluded that the Danish and the Harvard studies had together established an "unequivocal causal relation between the TFAs and the risk of heart disease.'' 95 Even the most conservative Harvard Health Letter, referred to Trans-fats as "the new enemy. " 96

Following the publication of these accounts in both of the world's most influential medical journals, and elsewhere, studies so emphatically damning of the consumption of margarine and hydrogenated oils, there is absolutely no excuse for the cardiologists who advise Heart Foundations around the world, or the average doctor, to continue exhorting people suffering from heart disease to eat this dangerous rubbish. For the effects on people of this `advice', it amounts in my view to criminal negligence.

These were not the first warnings about these dangerous fats and oils. As early as 1956, The Lancet cautiously warned that "...coronary artery disease becomes in part a preventable disorder, but at the cost of a complete revolution in our present-day dietary habits. The hydrogenation plants of our modern food industry may turn out to have contributed to the causation of a major disease. " 97 It has been a warning ignored for 42 years by governments and most doctors. Wayne Martin: "The threefold increase in our consumption of hydrogenated polyunsaturated fat has over 90 years resulted in a 35 fold increase in heart attack deaths and a three-fold increase in cancer deaths.' 98

The problem is that today it is difficult to avoid the TFAs. Their presence in the diet has increased fifty-fold in the last 20 years. If you eat bought cakes, biscuits, cheese made from hydrogenated fats, commercially fried foods, most breads, and a thousand other products, there it will be.

Dr Mary Enig, research associate in the department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Maryland has studied Trans Fatty Acids for decades. She has analysed 600 foods for their TFA content, and after all those foods and all those years she concluded that Americans eat 11 to 28 grams of TFAs a day, or up to 20% of their daily diet. 99

As if all this were not enough there is something else. In order to get that lovely `butter' colour, there is a yellow dye added to margarine. For this, they often use Cadmium which is a toxic metal, alien to the body. What is more, Cadmium interferes with the absorption of Zinc, a mineral vital to our health, especially to the immune system. 100

We need to buy fresh butter, and oils that have not been heated, that is, we need "cold-pressed" oils in dark glass bottles. For even the best of olive oil will in time become full of dangerous free radicals in a clear glass bottle.

But perhaps the worst blow of all, Dr Finnegan claims that some unscrupulous health store owners simply buy cheap processed oils from commercial sources and put their own "cold-pressed" label on them. And naturally they cost more than the supermarket variety. So that even those of us aware of the need for cold-pressed oils can get `conned' into buying more worthless dangerous oil.

It looks as though in the absence of any serious policing in this highly critical area, we are all of us out on that vast and dangerous highway which is Food Consumerism, `playing chicken' all the time with most of our purchases.

And when I say "playing chicken" I mean quite seriously that we are gambling with our lives, or the length of them. But we must not fall into the error of blaming those who make these fats for the market. They are producing something people are led to believe they want and need, and make fortunes out of doing so. This is the way of the "free market place." They cater to our love of ease. And they have so much money left over after producing their toxic fats that they can spend a king's ransom on `image-making' and on lies to tell us how good margarine is for us. "Staying Alive!" is the phrase that comes to mind.

That these atrocious lies are permitted in the face of overwhelming evidence that refined fats and oils are killers, will be one of the marvels of the next century. And they will surely have a great deal to marvel at. They will surely marvel at the fact that the knowledge of the dangers of trans-fats has been around for many years, but that the fat processors have succeeded in keeping it quiet.

With hopefully more enlightened food laws and practices in the future, we will then be looked back upon as incredibly naive and ignorant to have accepted this unbelievable exploitation for most of our century "How can it have happened?" will be the question asked. For just as we think of people who used leeches to bleed the sick as pathetically ignorant, so they will regard us. In fact leeches, and `bleeding,' in a small way, actually make a lot more sense than eating TFAs. 102

The fault in the English-speaking countries must truly lie in the failure of `medical science' to show sufficient interest in nutrition and to make known the facts about fat, and with governments who do not care enough about the health of their peoples to act in this regard, as have some governments in Europe.

As we noted in our introduction, we have the technology to put a man into space and to watch him walk on the moon. But we could do nothing to prevent that very man having a heart attack at 43 . 103 It is my belief that that heart attack could have been prevented.

I did not plan to take so long to tell this story. But it is not a straight-forward one. To summarise:

It is very bad advice to "keep your fats low." We need 15—20% of our food to be in fat, good fat. Every cell in our body needs it. That is, we need the essential fatty acids. 104
If we attempt to lose weight without sufficient good fats and oils, we will always be hungry. We will fail.
The body cannot handle margarine and hydrogenated oils. Eating these fats will clog up our arteries, our hearts, cause cancer and impair brain development in our children and in ourselves. They are killers. And that is why sales are controlled or forbidden in Europe.
The evidence clearly shows that we can indeed prevent this epidemic massacre of innocents if we will just look at it and act upon it. For the truth is very simple. All we have to do is choose the right fats and exercise care in their preservation and consumption and we can enjoy better health, that is, if we are able to get hold of them.

We must do it. Moreover, the future of the human race will depend upon the brains and the health of our children. It is therefore imperative that there be an awareness that our bodies are designed to utilise natural foods, foods that contain nutrients, foods that spoil. If they do not "go off" it is time to start worrying about them. In other words, a longer shelf life for foods will diminish our shelf lives.

WHAT FATS AND OILS ARE SAFE TO EAT?

Butter should be eaten in preference to margarine, but it must not be rancid. To this end, keep it cool or frozen. Avoid putting it into a dairy compartment, the so called `butter conditioner,' which is really the `butter warmer,' or `butter rancidifier.' Only small amounts as needed for the next day should be put into the warmer parts of the refrigerator or left out at room temperature. Yellow outer bits should be discarded. In cooking, butter should not be heated to the smoking point, but at least it will not form TFAs when heated. Our ancestors ate butter for centuries without apparent harm, in fact many long-lived groups did.
Olive oil is wonderful! It is probably in part responsible for the low rates of heart disease and cancer in the Mediterranean peoples and other groups who consume it. 105 That and the equally health-bringing and marvellous garlic. But it must be bought from a trustworthy source, must preferably be in a dark glass bottle or tin, and should have on the label the words `virgin' and `cold-pressed.' Buy it in small quantities if possible. Once opened, keep it in the refrigerator. If it should become too hard to pour, it can be softened by placing it in warm, not hot water. But it can remain fresh for some time out of the refrigerator if kept in a cool dark place, depending on how old it is when bought. Like all foods, you get most value from it by eating it raw.
Coconut oil is an exceptionally fine oil. Dr Ray Peat of the International University of Mexico praises it highly and uses it extensively himself. It does not go rancid; it enables one to eat less as one can go longer without getting hungry. Unfortunately, hard to find in a pure form. 106
Flax seed oil (linseed) is among the best. But it must be bought in a dark bottle from the refrigerator in a health food store you can trust. It should bear an expiration date, as ideally should all fats and oils. It should be kept in the refrigerator. Dr Budwig has experimented with flaxseed oil for decades. She claims it is the best oil we can eat, that it contains the right balance of EFAs for human health. She also claims that a mixture of flaxseed oil and plain yogurt or cottage cheese (8 Tablespoons in 100 grams, divided over the day) will over time dissolve hard deposited fats and thus cure cancer, heart disease and arthritis. She allows a little honey with it, and thus it can be quite delicious. She claims to have turned around people in the last stages of cancer and heart disease with this mixture. If people are too ill even to eat, she puts flax seed oil into the bowel.
Evening Primrose Oil. Taken as a supplement this is a most excellent oil and a source of essential fatty acids, Omega 6. There has been much research done recently, attesting to the value of EPO in most modern diseases. Keep in the refrigerator. (Web Editor's Note: For menstrual pain, try several or more capsules several days before a period. Increase this amount if you still feel pain. This works for me and many other women I have have met).
Fish Oil, taken either in the form of frequent oily fish, or in capsules, contains Essential Fatty Acids, necessary for a thousand processes in the body. A source of the essential Omega 3.
Hemp oil is another first rate one, especially as it can readily be grown without pesticides. Hemp seeds can be ground into butter, a butter far superior to peanut butter, which is often full of carcinogenic aflatoxins. Also hemp fibre has numerous uses in textiles, rope and paper. However, government hysteria usually makes this one difficult to obtain and use. (Web Editor's Note: There are many different varieties of hemp. Only some have the drug in them. America used to live off hemp products).
Tahini paste; nut and seed butters. Spreads worth a try, provided the seeds and nuts are obtained without having been grown with pesticides and are not rancid. Should be kept in the refrigerator.
Sesame Oil. Used by many Asian groups for their stir-frying. Best for cooking when unrefined. But again, do not let it smoke. Again, make sure it is cold pressed or expeller pressed.

http://www.acnem.org/journal/21-1_april_2002/cancer_trends.htm
this page has a list of graphs all of which show the same thing VERY low cancer rates in the 1920s and every type of cancer rising since then.
Diet has been the number one cause

example this graph shows colon cancer
[img]http://www.acnem.org/images/journal/21-1_april_2002/21-1_halberg- fig_6.gif[/img]

Last edited by karlos on Thu May 31, 2007 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull!
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
Bull!

which bit of this very detailed article do u disagree with
i would advise all of you to read it and learn from it as i have

Margerine is a deadly killer
Butter is far more healthy for you
Diet causes most diseases

Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelios wrote:
blackcat wrote:
Bull!

i would advise all of you to read it and learn from it as i have

Margerine is a deadly killer
Butter is far more healthy for you
Diet causes most diseases

Heavens - you are off again with your broad brushstrokes!

There are many levels and degrees of 'bad' fats - there are indeed some margarines that are better than others, yet you ignore this and tar them with the same brush;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/butter-vs-margarine/AN00835

As for your use of words such as 'none' or 'all' and 'most' - you must learn to temper your enthusiasm.

Incidentally, you have certainly raised the double-posting bar to new heights.
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You just don't get it do you Stelios? When you copy and paste such copious text it deserves to be ridiculed with a single word response. What you yourself think could have been expressed, and a reference to that article given as backup, but do you really expect anyone to read the whole effing thing???!!!!
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Howling at the Moon Publishing

Strangely fitting.

paul wright

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogsmilk wrote:
Quote:
Howling at the Moon Publishing

Strangely fitting.

ffs
Can't we just have a few short links rather than all this garbage
From a bit of a Holford fan

Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rumour in the daily mail has done exactly what its set out to do. Those who are addicted to meat will profess the benefits meat. The power of a suggested prohibition!!!

I think this makes more sense.

"As the New World Order feed off fear and suffering why would they make any efforts to reduce 'meat' production. It's the biggest blood sacrifice on Earth."

Why is the cow sacred?

The Vedic Scriptures refer to the cow as our mother. When we stop taking milk from our mother the cow gladly takes over the role of supplying milk. For this reason the cow is our mother.

It is natures special arrangement that the cow provides milk to give nourishment to civilised people. The barbarians take blood by cutting the throat of a poor innocent animal, while civilised people drink milk which contains all of the nutritious qualities of meat without the necessity of violence.
paul wright

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob wrote:
A rumour in the daily mail has done exactly what its set out to do. Those who are addicted to meat will profess the benefits meat. The power of a suggested prohibition!!!

I think this makes more sense.

"As the New World Order feed off fear and suffering why would they make any efforts to reduce 'meat' production. It's the biggest blood sacrifice on Earth."

Why is the cow sacred?

The Vedic Scriptures refer to the cow as our mother. When we stop taking milk from our mother the cow gladly takes over the role of supplying milk. For this reason the cow is our mother.

It is natures special arrangement that the cow provides milk to give nourishment to civilised people. The barbarians take blood by cutting the throat of a poor innocent animal, while civilised people drink milk which contains all of the nutritious qualities of meat without the necessity of violence.

The flaw in this is what happens to the disenfranchised offspring. Slaughtered for the most part in our society
There's nothing very nurturing to humanity from a mother whose children have been abducted

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
Quote:

You just don't get it do you Stelios? When you copy and paste such copious text it deserves to be ridiculed with a single word response. What you yourself think could have been expressed, and a reference to that article given as backup, but do you really expect anyone to read the whole effing thing???!!!!

Look i provided you with my evidence to back up what i was saying and what i myself believe. i dont eat margerine and i dont eat any processed food that contains margerine or vegetable fats.
You seem to be happy tucking into your Utterly Butterly and i cant believe its not butter but i would hope you were truthseekers willing to look at the facts. Either you wont take my word for it so listen to a proper medical study of which their are many.

This is what i find strange about castrated and the rest of you why are your minds so closed to the truth? There is no artificial fat/margerine more healthy than natural fats.

Moving on the the provious subject of the article. The poster Rubber Ritchie made allegations
let me remind you exactly what our flexible friend said
Quote:

The governments' 'health' bodies are always promoting meat and dairy as 'healthy', 'nutritious' or the big lie, 'essential'. Meat and dairy are subsidised by the government. In the past animal products were eaten as a treat which is where the Sunday roast tradition came from. Now people gorge on flesh and dairy and so cancer, heart disease and diabetes are soaring

I notice none of you asked him to back up his statement which i find to be total dogshit(no offence)
I backed up my statement with a medical study carried out by a PHD and i backed up my statement with charts and graphs.

For some reason none of you seem capable of debating any topic you either tell us you toss off regularly or you visit alien abduction sites or you just say you are incapable of making a comment so u say bs.

Just so that i am clear
if you want to be healthy throw away the margerine and use butter instead
if you want to be healthy eat more protein preferably animal based protein
please take my advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: