FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No log on-no see?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: No log on-no see? Reply with quote

Is that the forum policy now? you have to log on to read any of the forum threads? It just gets more and more frustrating round here, the slug-ish slowness seems to infect our PC's and now this!?!

Surely we want to encourage outsiders in to spread the word?
gruts
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - it seems counter-productive to me.... Confused
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me.

I thought that the high number of guests of unknown origin may be the cause of the sluggish performance

If I get no joy from our ISP or if the performance does not improve as a result I will switch to a different ISP.

Apologies for the nonsense performance of late
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%
This forum is the only focul point for truthseekers in the UK and it is criminal how slow and frustrating it is to use. It is like being back in the 1980s the spped it works at.
It is a very easy thing to fix, the archive stuff needs to be compressed. A good solution would be to upgrade to phpBB latest version which costs nothing to do.
There has been a drastic reduction in the number of new posts.
When i first started reading this forum a few months ago there used to be hundreds of new posts every day, now there is barely 20-30. And i bet each of those was a struglle to post needing patience and several attempts.

By handicapping this board we are shooting ourselves and our campaign in the foot. This is our mouthpiece and we need it to be accessible and easy to join and post.

It is pure negligence.

Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stellios

Just been chatting with ISP They say having a large content on the site won't be a problem so not sure if archiving will help. I will ask Mick to update to latest version. Not sure what else to do other than move to new ISP

PS you chaired last night's event v well
ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No log on-no see?

Is this a typical problem / reaction / solution scenario? Site is sluggish so change the rules.

I don't particularly want to log in everytime I want to access news, what next? eye scans via web cam? Neither do I think it's a good idea blocking guests from reading posts.

Maybe I'm over-reacting but I don't like the idea that it can easily be logged how much time one spends on the site either. Is the obligatory log in a temporary solution to the sites sluggishness?
dontbelievethehype1970
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the isp for some referrer stats - make sure the site isnt being subjected to a "denial of service" hacker attack. Is the volume of traffic explained by real people visiting the site. google "denial of service"
Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make it black and white or make an alternative yahoogroup thing. Its redicuous and will lose your audience and newcomers.....
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dontbelievethehype1970 wrote:
Ask the isp for some referrer stats - make sure the site isnt being subjected to a "denial of service" hacker attack. Is the volume of traffic explained by real people visiting the site. google "denial of service"

When I had the usual message earlier today only 5 users were online including me and 19 guests

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just happened again

Quote:
Proof of outside attack?? 00:12 time

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User nineeleven already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /hermes/web06/b1809/pow.ianneal911zq1/htdocs/board/db/mysql4.php on line 48
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
Hi Stellios
Just been chatting with ISP They say having a large content on the site won't be a problem so not sure if archiving will help. I will ask Mick to update to latest version. Not sure what else to do other than move to new ISP
PS you chaired last night's event v well

Thanks fo that mate, i think we got quite alot of new faces and everyone seemed to be quite interested. So it was pleasing it went really well.

i think the latest version of phpBB will speed it up. Having the old historic stuff is important because it still contains thousands of inward links. This phpBB is a very search engine friendly forum and always comes top in searchs for many subjects.

However, the server could be the real problem. Because most servers share space with many different users. Most users do not use their full entitlement.
For example if a user bought 500mb a month of space and actually only used 50mb that is what the server company is actually banking on. They actually OVERSELL the same space hoping people UNDERUSE.
When a user buys 500mb and actually does use all of it. The server tends to start crashing and experiencing downtime because they dont actually have that amount of space.

Why dont we get a dedicated server with the same hosting company?

but again our overuse is not really the problem.
some websites crash when they get 1,000,000 hits or 100,000 hits. We seem to crash with just 20 users or even less.
It could be that the other companies who are sharing our server are overusing their allocations if that makes sense?
And that causes our site to crash or wor very slowly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLUTION!!

Your host has a limit on the number of connections to the database. Between you and every other user on the system, you occasionally (or frequently, you didn't say) hit that limit. Time to ask them about fixing the problem.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=504846&p=2772706&hi lit=Search+this+forum%E2%80%A6+Warning%3A+mysql_connect+#p2772706

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 minutes ago 20 guests were on line in various parts of the forum. I wonder how and why this might be so since guests can no longer read the forum. How would guests be able to visit anywhere but the front page. Might some guests be here for nefarious/denial of service reasons.

Any ideas or feedback. Thanks
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, who is 'Aronowitz'?

Why is there no whois info at all?

And WTF are you still doing on a US server, post Scherf(f)'s dictatorial signing orders? ;-)

The only way there could be 'guests' right now is through back doors, bots and automated NSA snoopers.

We're at war, so they tell us daily. We must act accordingly, nicht wahr?
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=532171&p=2924686&hi lit=How+can+there+be+guests+if+its+set+to+private%3F#p2924686

This thread is a different problem but might have dome useful tips on security Smile Redirect anonymous users to login
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=558237&p=3062241&hi lit=Guests+visible+when+forum+set+to+private#p3062241

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks thermate, you are confirming my suspicions and yes plans are afoot to move to a non-US ISP. Sound ISP recommendations gratefully rec'd

Who is aronowitz? A search on this forum or other good search engines will tell you his role in setting up this site and in the UK movement. However post his experiences with a certain US 'philanthropist' he has had no involvement in either the site or the campaign, but I for one vouch for his integrity and general soundness as others will
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh I just found this:- Thwarting The Googlebot (and other helpful tips)

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=574927&p=3163106&h ilit=Private+Guests+still+have+access#p3163106

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you just switch to a msn group forum or use xsorbit .com!!!free
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate removed

Last edited by Thermate911 on Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
yes plans are afoot to move to a non-US ISP.

That's very good news. I have been making a study of 9/11 sites over the last 18 months - it's quite surprising how many hide behind dns referrers like Domains by Proxy, Inc. and Godaddy.com - seems so many roads peter out in Arizona...

Quote:
Who is aronowitz? ... I for one vouch for his integrity and general soundness as others will

Thanks for the pointer. If I had been less busy at that moment (or perhaps too bl**dy lazy? :) I too would have come across the Nafeez Ahmed link - you DO keep good company! ;-)

[rant] OK, it would seem not too many people are taking the Chimps' signing statements seriously. This is a grave mistake, IMO. Surely we all have some idea how intrusive the NSA really is, if only from sensationalist stuff like Dan Brown!

If we are to remain effective in pushing for redress, truth and justice for all, it would seem to make sense to make matters as difficult as possible for THEM to further intrude and distort our message.

How many of you are considering changing over to Linux? Ubuntu.com now makes it relatively painless for even non-computerate people to switch - so long as they're not saddled with IBM laptops, anyway! Unlike Windoze, it is very easy to set up anonymizing proxies in Ubuntu. Tor, guarded by EFF, not an NSA tool like some try to claim, is effective.

Avoiding g00gl at all costs is another good move - my favorite-du-jour is quintura.com - very powerful approach - returns far more focussed results than NSA-controlled sources too, IMO.

Then there's the obvious things like opting out of plastic money - opting out of the cash economy altogether is a decisive blow to the NWO - if enough people could be weened off neediness and return to the basics, like growing your own food, getting out of the the hives, er sorry, cities and entirely unplugging from 'the oil-based system', it would collapse under its own weight as surely as the did the WTCs, with a little help from giant sparklers.

I can't honestly claim that my mule is my best friend by any means but he certainly does help to make a basic lifestyle practical and sustainable ;-)
[/rant]

Good luck with porting this excellent board over to a more secure and neutral location. If a whip-round is necessary, count me in. Metronet's Pay-as-you-host is rock solid - don't know whether it will provide you with enough space cheaply, though...

Uh-oh, DB is acting up again!!
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.xsorbit.com/

http://groups.msn.com/login_info.msnw?referer=create&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fg roups%2Emsn%2Ecom%2Fcreatecomm%5Fpage1%2Emsnw%3F

gruts
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it looks like the "no logon no see" now only applies to the "9/11 controversy" and "multimedia" sections of the forum. is it really necessary to hide these sections from public view? especially as there are already conspiracy theories about why this has been done....

http://forum.911movement.org/index.php?showtopic=1343&hl=
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for bringing to my attention
mason-free party
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i didn't log in but could still read the forum threads
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good new ! this forum actually works

bad news!!

it half the time works or works slow

why not have 2 boards one at msn groups?

what harm could it do?

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this board is the slowest board on the internet
dontbelievethehype1970
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Powweb Hosting - Denial of Service Attack Sept 4th 2007 Reply with quote

www.nineeleven.co.uk Hosting Provider gets hit by Denial of Servce Attack.

Time to move to different hosting provider which is a little more bullet proof????? e.g prisonplanet.com ISP

http://www.powweb.com/info/systemnotice.bml?id=3864

Recent Service Issues
Over the weekend, PowWeb servers became the target of a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack. DDoS attacks are malicious attempts to interrupt Internet services by intentionally "flooding" and overwhelming providers with bogus data. Once the volume of this data exceeds an architecture's capacity, systems can no longer perform their tasks and performance issues occur.

While our hosting platform is designed to withstand such attacks, many customers experienced a service degradation, and in some cases, an interruption in services altogether. Thank you for your patience while we worked to combat the attack and bring all services back to normal as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, DDoS attacks are not uncommon, and Internet criminals are constantly discovering new ways to disrupt services. Please be assured that we are working with federal authorities to identify those responsible for the attack and prevent any type of future disruption. If you'd like to learn more, Google "DDoS attacks" or "DNS storms." As always, if you have questions or concerns, please contact us .
- 09/04/07 at 11:40 EDT
ukginger
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fight back . . .

Move the server to proper hosting company like APIS Networks, edit the config limit on connections to the mySQL database.

Any serious Occult / Illuminati Questions ... ask
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: