FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Street assemblies Bradford/Leeds followed by Cynthia M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Street assemblies Bradford/Leeds followed by Cynthia M Reply with quote

Two days of campaigning by the West Yorks posse. Much favourable results from those of the general populace willing to engage.
Surprise turn up at Leeds of Daniel Obachike whose book on 7/7 is personably good
Presentation at Leeds Met Uni by ex-congresswoman and 08 presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney absolutely good and powerful. Cynthia is a most beautiful person, though being a politico and with very limited time managed to dodge the overt line, though from off-record comment she is most definitely with us and obviously knowledgeable about the deeper levels - for instance picking out of PNAC the line about ethnically specific genome targetting

Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it went well dh and many thanks for the WYTC guys getting a venue for Cynthia together. I was flat broke but wanted to be there tonight. I'd wanted to book her for Manchester Uni aswell but outside term time I had no way of doing so which would have attracted a crowd that was worthwhile.

Was the event filmed at all and how was the turn out for the talk and the demo's?

paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week or so later for Cynthia would have proved so much bette with the new University term. Still there were quite a few in attendance and the whole show was filmed, so should be up somewhere pretty soon from Narinder .We were graced with a couple of American friends of Cynthia's that had just been released from imprisonment after protesting Faslane
The street turn outs weren't massive but I would imagine that having done it we would want to do it again and then some more
btw flat broke is something nobody on this planet should be ever. There's something wrong whenever anybody finds themselves in that position as billions do

Last edited by paul wright on Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you again DH. Yes, as is proving in London, getting out on the street is more than worthwile. Give out good infor and in a friendly manner and the results would surprise you. You get to make people ask more questions and often bump into others who want to get involved. Be positive and positive things will happen.

Cynthia's talk was very good and I have recorded it on audio which I'll get up soon, along with her talk at the Urban Green Gathering in London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: