FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hassle in the workplace
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Hassle in the workplace Reply with quote

I've lost a temp job because i was overheard discussing the evidence supporting a controlled demolition of the Twin Towers. I was told (over the phone, on sunday afternoon, and by my recruitment agency not the employer) that opinions like mine are unacceptable and that i won't be welcome back.

Evil or Very Mad

Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harsh.

Did you sign anything with the recruitment agency?

Do they have an equal opps policy?

Good luck.

HipHop:
http://www.myspace.com/skepticandjidsames
Rowan Berkeley
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: whoops Reply with quote

hard luck, chum - but there must be some more free-wheeling agencies (of course it depends what you do).
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeptic wrote:
Harsh.

Did you sign anything with the recruitment agency?

Do they have an equal opps policy?

Good luck.

I signed something but can't remember what it said and i wasn't given a copy of it. With regards equal opps i don't think it matters because i was a temp and justification isn't necessary as far as they are concerned. Everyones back is covered apart from mine.

Just thought i post it on here because i don't think i'm going to be the last. Absolute insanity.

kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hassle in the workplace Reply with quote

gareth wrote:
I've lost a temp job because i was overheard discussing the evidence supporting a controlled demolition of the Twin Towers. I was told (over the phone, on sunday afternoon, and by my recruitment agency not the employer) that opinions like mine are unacceptable and that i won't be welcome back.

Evil or Very Mad

Most people think that the UK is a place where people enjoy 'freedom of speech'.

Your experience (and mine) show that 'thought crime' is becoming a serious issue here.

I did not lose my job but I have been told twice by management not to voice my opinions about 9/11 or the education system in my (secondary comprehensive) staffroom. I need the money but don't know how long I will be able to continue bearing the witless fraudulent system I am being paid to (reluctantly) support.

One day soon it might be that people might actually be locked up, or worse, for saying such things.

This has been the case often enough elsewhere and if the PTB start to feel sufficiently threatened it is likely to happen here also.

It is hard for people to entertain ideas that threaten their own paypacket but it is dispiriting to see how easily people can be persuaded to look away from issues that are in the long, or even medium, term of possible visceral importance to their own lives.

Our collective 'broadmindedness' on most matters seems to go hand-in-hand with a willingness to trust others to manage the important issues of life.

One day it is likely that people will learn....you can't trust none of 'em.
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Unfair dismissal... Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of the discrimination which you've been subjected to. In case you ever face a similar situation again, do familiarise yourself with employment law.

May I suggest looking at the ACAS site, at http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=341

and also those of you working in the public sector, think of your human rights, in particular articles 9 & 10 of the convention, see http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1998/80042--d.htm#sch1

As far as I know, there is no defence by an employer for dismissal, instant or otherwise, on the grounds of the beliefs you hold regarding 911. So if you have been in your employment for one year and have earned the right not to be unfairly dismissed, see http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1112

As employment law is so weighted towards the employee these days, the mere threat of taking an employer to an employment tribunal may be enough to just focus the employer's mind.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Gareth. Unfortnately as a temp your rights are few and far between and nothing you can really do. I would join a few other agencies as I doubt that one will use you again. how long were you in the job?
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just four days Andy. I find it very difficult to not tell people. Must try harder.

[edit] Thanks for the links spiv!

Last edited by gareth on Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyb wrote:
Sorry to hear that Gareth. Unfortnately as a temp your rights are few and far between and nothing you can really do. I would join a few other agencies as I doubt that one will use you again. how long were you in the job?

Employment law is there for everyone, its just that Agencies get away with murder as most of their employees are now Migrant workers and don't know how to find their rights Evil or Very Mad

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One important point that hasn't been mentioned is the type of business that is carried out at the place you were temping.

This may have an important bearing on why you given the red card. For example, a supply teacher is overheard discussing his exploits at the paedo club he frequents on a sunday.

If however you can demonstrate that you were working at a place where they make cardboard boxes - then your views on 911 have no bearing whatsoever on your input as an employee, temporary or otherwise. Ask for the reasons you are no longer welcome in writing as this initially appears to be groundless discrimination.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hassle in the workplace Reply with quote

Who are the recruitment agency involved? We can advise all 9/11 Truthers to share this info and boycott the agency. I will personally make a point of going to see them if they have an office in Bristol and giving them a piece of my mind in as kind a way as possible with the little Nazis!
In law I'm not sure if there's anything you can do. Certainly if you're on a contract or permanent staff they'd have all sorts of problems sacking you for this reason.
Let's make the most of this and, without revealing your identity, go for the b******!

gareth wrote:

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasty little corporate monsters aren't they ?

Here's the position you may like to read up on Gareth.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/EmploymentContractsAn dConditions/DG_10027514

direct.gov.uk wrote:

Your rights as an agency worker

Agency workers are usually considered to be ‘workers’, not ‘employees’. Workers’ main rights are:

* paid holiday, rest breaks and limits on working time
* no unlawful deductions from wages
* the National Minimum Wage
* not to be discriminated against under any of the equality legislation

First thing I'd do is write down everything that happened, who you spoke to, what you said, the contents of the telephone call and who made it at what time etc., then go with this to your Citizens Advice Bureau, if you still have one, and make a record of your complaint. If you don't have a CAB find a firm of solicitors that advertise themselves under employment law and request a fixed fee appointment to make a record of your complaint.

You can also contact ACAS http://www.acas.org.uk/ browse their website and seek their advice.

You cannot be discriminated against Gareth for discussing your personal views, although you might be best to consider that this was a political view. Wink

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hassle in the workplace Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
Who are the recruitment agency involved? We can advise all 9/11 Truthers to share this info and boycott the agency.

http://www.firstrecruitment.co.uk

And the employer that can't handle the truth: http://www.recall.com

[edit]Thanks Mark, i'll look into it.

Dr Doom
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't voice my 9/11 opinions too loudly at the last company I worked at for exactly this reason. Although most people under 30 I speak to seem to be already of the same opinion, or at least receptive.

Anyone who's been locked into the corporate ladder for a good length of time, say 10+ years, something like 9/11 being an inside job totally undermines their belief system, and sense of self-importance.

Which is why they are likely to react ruthlessly, imho.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The http://www.firstrecruitment.co.uk/ website proudly displays the logo of the Recruitment & Employment Federation.

The REC Standards page is here: http://www.rec.uk.com/about-recruitment/standards

where it clearly states:

REC wrote:
Raising Standards in Recruitment

The REC is committed to raising standards in recruitment and our Code of Professional Practice is binding on all corporate members.

REC qualifications are key to promoting recruitment as a profession; all Individual Members must work to our Code of Ethics.

Our codes of practice set the standards that candidates and clients should expect when using an REC member. The REC can investigate complaints and pursue disciplinary action. The Professional Standards Committee can expel companies and individuals from membership.

The REC have an online complaints form here:

http://dev3.rec.netxtra.net/rec/FORMS/complaint-form.aspx

Once you have recorded your complaint formally, by signing an affidavit I'd ask the brief about approaching the REC also and I'd send off letters to my local press with a title like "Sacked for Discussing 9/11 !"

You can do all of this yourself too if you want.

If you need any help, just ask.

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sherlock Holmes
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must take this further, it's unacceptable, you have to take time, start writing letters and contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau. If they won't help you then you need to go to some 'no win no fee' solicitor for advice, there are solicitors out there who will see if they can get legal aid to assist you.

This is totally unacceptable and if you let it pass then they will just step on even more people.

This is coming from someone who had a visit from the police who said that there was nothing wrong with distributing DVDs without the express permission from the people who recieved them, it's freedom of speech and expression of opinion and it's not racist, inflammatory, supporting terrorism etc!!!

In the worst case scenario even if you were a supply teacher, as long as you presented your views to the children in a balanced way in which they were allowed to question and form their own opinions I can't see how they could have sacked you.
peloloco
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Gareth, i'm sure you will be back in employment soon. Their loss I say. My "bosses" get jittery as I play music by Remo Conscious or Paris. Sorry excuses for men with Soft bodies and weak minds, more interested in their Addidas trainers than the truth about the world we are making for our kids.

I will probably get the sack for the same reason.

Good luck

Al Twisted Evil

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Avon & Somerset Police Headquarters there are signs everywhere about being anti-gay in the workplace. The slightest hint at anything resembling homophobia in a conversation and you are up on a disciplinary - and these aren't serving police officers, this is on the civilian side.

That said, there are all kinds of taboo subjects within organisations, so I'd still like to know what business was carried out at the place where the temping took place?

This is integral to the whole concept of why the complaint was made to the agency. It isn't about what WE think, it is about grasping why others were compromised to the point of having to gripe to the agency that sent him. I believe it is not down to the agency, they simply received a complaint about someone who was sent along which they acted upon.

I am not defending anyone, I am simply saying there is a lot not being detailed here and we made judgements on quite sketchy information.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So important to have context Tele.

I mean, how would anyone contest a breach of their human rights if we didn't have "context" ?

In case you missed it, or were too lazy to click on Gareth's link to his former "employer", you might like to know that Recall is in the business of information, documents, IT, shredding, data retention, blah blah.

Oh and they are affiliated to the:

Quote:
National Association for Information Destruction

http://naidonline.org/

Right up your street eh Tele ?

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
So important to have context Tele.

I mean, how would anyone contest a breach of their human rights if we didn't have "context" ?

In case you missed it, or were too lazy to click on Gareth's link to his former "employer", you might like to know that Recall is in the business of information, documents, IT, shredding, data retention, blah blah.

Oh and they are affiliated to the:

Quote:
National Association for Information Destruction

http://naidonline.org/

Right up your street eh Tele ?

I understand why everyone jumps on the ‘violation’ bandwagon, but there are all kinds of minutiae within every organisation that you are simply ignoring.

You say ‘breach of their human rights’, however when you join a company where all the male employees are obligated to wear a tie, would you say you have the basic human right not to? You sign any form of contract you agree to abide and leave any number of 'rights' at the door.

It is not up to us to determine how or why someone was offended by something said in the workplace – this was a closed environment where a dynamic exists, one where we have no say in what is acceptable or not. I am certain that there would be something in writing that states no employee can openly discuss what the management deem to defamatory, obscene, racist, impure, inflammatory or inciteful. It is then down to perspective to decide what extends into such territory.

Need I remind you of those banned from here due to what they have typed. Apart from those who simply drop in some link to a sex site, there are those who had views that did not meet with the agreement of moderators and they were ousted. There is no difference.

As for my question about the business, I saw the link and that promped my question. I was referring to the area of the business in which the temping was done – was it the ‘shop floor’ where the shredding was carried out, dropped idly into the conversation whilst the hopper was refilled, or a quieter more corporate area? Was it in the canteen during lunch, was the subject broached out of the blue designed to lead to CD distribution - yes, I believe context is ultimately important.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Equality Act 2006 is, naturally a legal bowl of porridge:

http://www.personneltoday.com/Articles/2007/06/13/40951/believe-it-or- not-what-will-be-the-impact-of-extending-religious-discrimination-rule s-to-cover-philo.html

Quote:
In April the legislation that protects people in the workplace from discrimination on the grounds of their beliefs - the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003 - was amended in a small, but potentially significant way.

The old legislation defined "belief" as any "religious belief or similar philosophical belief". This definition required a philosophical belief to be similar to a religious belief to give rise to protection.

However, on 30 April 2007 the word "similar" was removed from the definition (though not from the government websites that advise employers and employees of their rights and responsibilities - as at 21 May the word "similar" still featured on the DTI and Directgov sites).

This update occurred to coincide with the new definition found in Part 2 of the Equality Act 2006, which puts an onus on public sector bodies to eliminate discrimination on the grounds of religious belief when delivering services to the community.

The change, say lawyers, considerably extends the scope of what might be regarded as a "philosophical belief" so that any genuine philosophical belief is now covered by the regulations.

"Employers need to tread carefully as the potential to discriminate has been extended," advises Audrey Williams, head of discrimination and diversity at law firm Eversheds.

"The regulations mean that treating an employee differently because of their philosophical beliefs could result in a discrimination claim," she says.

The change also introduces a protection for employees from discrimination based on their association with someone else, such as a spouse or partner. So if, for example, a worker is married to a Muslim or an atheist, whether or not they hold the same belief it is still unlawful for an employer to discriminate based on that association.

Case law will clarify

What beliefs, lifestyles and strongly held convictions are now covered by the legislation and the term "philosophical belief" remains vague and will probably only be clarified by case law.

Currently lawyers are generally agreed that organised groups such as followers of Scientology or humanists are now protected. But what about more loosely structured groups like animal rights activists, pacifists, vegans and vegetarians? Until we have sufficient case law it is difficult to know - leaving the door open for some potentially outlandish claims.

"A claim being made because there are not enough vegetarian options in the office canteen is unlikely to succeed," says Stuart Chamberlain, employment law expert at legal information provider Consult GEE. "Employment tribunals will hopefully apply common sense to this to avoid a flood of claims against employers."

At law firm Salans, partner Andrea Nicholls refers to a discussion on this amendment in the House of Lords which may help to clarify the point.

At the time Baroness Turner of Camden suggested that the term "philosophical belief" should be interpreted in line with case law established by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) and that the beliefs intended to be protected are those that amount to "a world view or life stance".

Belief satisfies the test

But this definition itself could be confusing, argues Nicholls. You could, for example, take two people who say they are pacifists - one who just doesn't like war and the other who may have organised demonstrations, lobbied government and shown a level of commitment that equates to a "life stance". However, Nicholls says it would be unsatisfactory from a legal standpoint if "this results in the same belief in one instance satisfying the test and in another not doing so". According to Nicholls, it is more likely that the courts will devise an objective assessment to ascertain whether a belief satisfies the test.

How far political beliefs are covered by the new regulations is also unclear, with conflicting advice being offered. It is generally agreed that discrimination against general political beliefs, such as communism or Marxism, is now covered by the regulations. Things are less clear when it comes to knowing whether membership of a political party now qualifies as a philosophical belief.

Fascist beliefs

A case in point is the British National Party, where past claims by members that their fascist beliefs were similar to religious beliefs have been decided in favour of the employer or potential employer. But some lawyers are arguing that under the amended law a strong argument can now be made to the contrary.

The guidance notes issued by the Department of Communities and Local Government to help with the implementation of this year's Equality Act which incorporates the change clearly state that support for a political party does not constitute a philosophical belief.

According to Hanne Stinson, chief executive of the British Humanist Association and an expert in discrimination issues, since the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations have been amended to match the Equality Act "it seems reasonable to assume that the same guidance would apply".

There are, however, areas of the new legislation that are clear, including the fact that workplace protection is now extended to atheists and non-believers.

According to Williams this means employers cannot discriminate against any worker on the grounds of their beliefs, regardless of whether they practise a religion or not, and importantly, regardless of whether they believe in any God. For instance, this will protect atheists who might be made to feel uncomfortable by religious colleagues who pressure them to join their faith. Under the amendment this constitutes harassment, says Williams.

"Like all the anti-discrimination legislation that has appeared in the past decade, this amendment is aimed at creating a culture of mutual respect in the workplace where everyone appreciates one another's boundaries," she says.

And that's something everyone should believe in.

What is the response from employers?

While the new amendments to the employment regulations are vague, head of diversity at retail company the Co-op Group, Amanda Jones, is confident the company's diversity training programme will ensure employees are prepared for the changes.

"Fundamentally our training programme is all about creating a culture of respect in the workplace," she says.

"While the programme is updated every year to incorporate changes, we feel the environment we are creating in our workplace will mean that all beliefs are respected."

At housing association LHA, HR and learning adviser, Kate Davies, says her team will go through the same process they did when the original regulations came into force in 2003.

"We will look to see whether we need to provide special facilities for groups now covered by the new regulations, such as a place where they can carry out their worship or meditations," she says.

Davies is also confident that the organisation's current recruitment monitoring processes will satisfy the new amendment.

"On the monitoring form we ask people to state their religion and provide a list of tick boxes with the standard religions. There is also a box with the option for candidates to write their religion if it is not included and we are happy with that solution for the time being," she says.

So, is 9/11 Truth a philosophical belief or not ?

I think it's about time that we made efforts to register our "9/11 Truth Religion" so that we might be afforded protection by the state from persecution.

Use the rules which are there for our benefit.

Fancy a test case Gareth ?

I'm up for it.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B O Y C O T T

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boycott the agency?

Gareth was told he was not welcome due to what he said about 911 and now you tell all 911 truthers to avoid the agency in question! By telling all 911 truthers not to use the agency, you have done their work for them.

Can't you honestly see that is exactly the move that would make them happiest?

They don't want any 911 truthers and you instigate a move whereby they get the best possible result?

With the greatest respect, this hasn't been thought through.
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going into the specifics on a public forum. I've PM'd Mark Gobell in more detail and if he thinks we got a case, i'm game. Equality for people who are fully aware the Twin Towers were blown up. How else is a man to cope? I can prove what i claim after all.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it Gareth, as it is discrimination. I actually put my 9/11 stuff on my CV so as not to get that and regularly wear my Investigate 9/11 tshirt on Fridays, and I work for a government agency!

The only thing about the complaint is who is it directed at. As a temp, your contract is with the agency and they are in effect your employer. It may be worth trying to call them and tape the conversation as they may just say you weren't up to the job and deny the reasons. Give the REC a call and see what they have to say too.

gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do already put down that i am a campaigner for the London 911 Truth group on my CV amongst my other 'interests'.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Gareth but this is going to make you REALLY angry.

From The Times
August 9, 2007
Child protection officer exposed as paedophile is still on police payroll
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2224849.ece

Sean O’Neill and Russell Jenkins

A police force is continuing to pay a former child protection officer’s £35,000 salary despite his conviction for serious paedophile offences, The Times has learnt.

DC Peter Cooper, 58, was found guilty last month of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy but remains suspended on full pay pending a police disciplinary tribunal.

West Midlands Police will not reveal when its misconduct panel will meet to hear the case, which is expected to result in the officer’s dismissal from the force. It may not take place until after Cooper has been sentenced at Stafford Crown Court this month.............(continues)...........[/quote]

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk

Last edited by TonyGosling on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stephen
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your a temp they will treat you like nonsense. Crying or Very sad

Sorry to hear about your bad luck mate. Crying or Very sad
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hassle in the workplace Reply with quote

gareth wrote:
TonyGosling wrote:
Who are the recruitment agency involved? We can advise all 9/11 Truthers to share this info and boycott the agency.

http://www.firstrecruitment.co.uk

And the employer that can't handle the truth: http://www.recall.com

Hmm wonder if that means they are expecting a contract to destroy 9/11 related Docs. Sad

P.S. I'd say you definately have a case, but the agency will probably up the ante in response Sad

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From personal experience and after consulting the CAB at the time (three years ago) I can say with certainty that as someone working through an agency you have no rights and can be terminated at a moments notice without reason or compensation. Its called a flexible workforce. We need it to be competitive apparently! Ask any millionaire and he will tell you that without such flexibility and a minimum wage set so low as to be not worth having, the country will go down the economic pan. Let the rich have it all and then it will trickle down - get the idea?! Its called Thatcherism. Or Majorism. Or Blairism. Or Brownism. Or Fascism.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: