FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why I am quiting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Why I am quiting. Reply with quote

My beliefs and views are never changing as to the truth of 9/11. I am still a committed 9/11 truther and activist regarding the 9/11 lie. However. I am becoming to realize the is an over whelming element of vanity that is permeating the movement. I am involved with the 9/11 cause, because I firmly believe in the cause. But I am not going to allow myself to become a victim to petty bickering. Although on the most, I find there are some very good characters in this movement. There are many I cannot bear. My motives are to serve 9/11 truth as best as I can. I will not be working at all with the local groups, and will serve the 9/11 cause in my own capacity. I feel I do not have to tolerate the attitudes of certain individuals who are struck with vanity and a single minded attitude. To those I respect. Please accept my apology. But I cannot bear this anymore. I would like to removed from any mailing lists.

See my videos at:
http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum For D WJ Sherlock
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what did they say?people from here?
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not wish to name names Snick. Because there are a lot of wonderful people on here and in the active movement. But there are a few whom are getting me down and have a bad attitude. these people are sneaky and I do not trust them. It is not a paranoind thing. I have just seen their true colours. I had a similar thinng happen before. I voiced my opinion and got caught in a lot of flack or it. A little while later, I was vindicated. and the person was exposed. I do not wish to get caught up in the in-house political wrangling again. I have enough to do, without all the BS on top. I do not possess some kind of inner sight, I just study people and their attitudes towards others. I will still be comming on here. I am just quitting the local groups and will be going out on my own in future. My action is about freedom. Not how I look.

All the best.

See my videos at:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it because they an on an ego trip,just crazy, or evil?

all three?

David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ego thing is a big part of it Snick. I would not call them crazy or evil. There are some good souls in the movement. but also there are some overblown egos. I loath the conceited

See my videos at:
jazds
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that Dave, these types of people can be found in all organisations, it's a shame.

But good to hear you will still be coming on here and playing a part.
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Jazd.

I will still be active in the 9/11 cause. I will just change direction a little. I just thought this movement was above personal ego. But I will still be around. I feel a little frail about it all at the moment. But I am sure I will recover. Bless you all.

See my videos at:
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No movement is above personal ego, David. Some people you find obnoxious on the internet,prove cuddly kittens when you meet them in real life, as much as vice versa.
Keep in touch

peloloco
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David I'm sorry to hear that your ego has been hurt by someone elses. I dont quite understand how and I dont understand what you are quitting. I find the secret is to not be so sensitive. We are all here to learn from each other and sometimes the best lessons are are the ones that challenge us.

You dont need to go anywhere.

Al

David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peloloco wrote:
Hi David I'm sorry to hear that your ego has been hurt by someone elses. I dont quite understand how and I dont understand what you are quitting. I find the secret is to not be so sensitive. We are all here to learn from each other and sometimes the best lessons are are the ones that challenge us.

You dont need to go anywhere.

Al

Hi Al. it is not my ego that as been hurt. It is the offensive emails I am recieving that is swaying my opinion. And now they have started to lie as well. I agree with you on the leesons to be learned. And i have put in a lot of work, time and energy in this movement, just to get it in the face. I have only ever supported anything that is done in the movement. The fact is the trouble has sprung up over someone else's ego. I am just the messenger.

See my videos at:
tomcatma
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will you qualify waht you mean by "offensive" and "lie", Dave.
It's effective politicking to make unqualified statements and accusations, but very damaging for moral and group cohesion & solidarity. I invite you to post all correspondence we have had up onto the forum so people can judge for themselves. otherwise this is about only one persons ego- yours.
i am not alone in my complaints about your home movies, so it's not personal. However your response and very public and unquantified accusations at being wounded in terms of your devotion, time and energy is. you have managed to construe to make yourself look like a victim. by claiming victim status you have unwittingly betrayed your own motives, which seem to remain unconscious to you. Surely if it were about vanity I would be more than happy for images of me to remain online.
group solidarity is about trust and you have proved that you are untrust worthy, beligerent and devensive. if your position is going to be non negotiable in future, please do not point a camera at me again.
i for one am not a willing slave to your ego.
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am prepared to print out all email correspondence that has occurred between myself and Dave Sherlock to prove beyond a doubt that his very serious and divisive allegations above are unequivocally false.

I am willing to present this correspondence to anyone who is interested. Perhaps at a london meeting in the near future of Dave's choice?

The sooner we draw a line under this, the better.

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know any of the background to this but in general my experience is that sharing accusation and counter accusation on the web or by email rarely brings reconciliation and usually entrenches positions.

Given the disparate nature of this movement it would be extraordinary if all saw things the same and there were never any tensions between different activists and approaches

My advice in general would be to latch on to and collaborate with people who you have common ground with and ignore those you are not happy working with. Provided we can avoid in-fighting between different groups and initiatives that arise from this approach, then this diversity is our strength and not a weakness.
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thionk we should all have a nice cup of tea. Then get on with the increasingly urgent business of reclaiming our planet.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gareth wrote:
I am prepared to print out all email correspondence that has occurred between myself and Dave Sherlock to prove beyond a doubt that his very serious and divisive allegations above are unequivocally false.

I am willing to present this correspondence to anyone who is interested. Perhaps at a london meeting in the near future of Dave's choice?

The sooner we draw a line under this, the better.

Gareth and David, i dont know what the problem is, but i do know that you are both very good and dedicated campaigners. front line soldiers in getting the truth message out there.
We cannot let our already small and weak movement to disintegrate any further. I do suggest we all meet up and try and resolve these many personality clashes occuring at the moment.

If the truth campaign was organised as a one member one vote subscription organisation i am sure policy and personality disputes would be more easier to resolve.
We are in danger of disintergrating and the only winners of that will be the murderers and the war criminals and the theives.
Why let let win?
Cant we all just get along and work together for the common good?

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope you all resolve the problem even though im not sure on the details or the situation, im pretty sure its over nothing if people calm down and look at it again and ask yourself, what does it matter and is it really that important.

ive experianced what it is to forgive and resolve issues and would be living with regrets if i had not, and i often found it is ego and pride that gets in the way of that or taking the first steps, but if you all do resolve the issue and forgive eachother or put differances aside you'll all be stronger as a result.

ego is also apart of why people feel offended in the first place, its much better to take negitives said about yourselves and turn them into positives by taking the critisms on the chin and improving yourself, because without critisms you'll never know what annoys people or what is lacking, so disagrements are a oppertunity to make relationships between people better and stronger regardless of who it is, if only someone takes the first step in resolving it to make it so rather than going seperate ways due to ego and pride preventing persons admitting they were wrong or just breaking the ice on the making up part.

don't give a damn about what people think, and forgive forget and move on, its the only way to be succesful what ever it is you want to acheive that involves teamwork to get there.

ego and pride is what prevents people making up.

Last edited by marky 54 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: long journey Reply with quote

David its a long journey 9/11 truth is on. Jump in the back seat, chill out for a while and let others share the driving. Every one in the movement has different skills and abilities from simply posting leaflets through doors (my particular thing) to copying dvds, helping with finance, organising events, thinking new ways to get the message out etc etc. We have not been put on this planet just to get involved in activism against all the ills in society. Apart from all the ills of society we do have a "wonderful world" and are allowed to enjoy it. Its a matter of priorities.
I enjoy reading some of the posts on the forum and keeping abreast of whats happening but I do find some of the stuff just pointless and wonder if its deliberate to try and distract from the campaign.
Averse from the Bible says "dont cast your pearls before swine". Basically dont waste your wisdom and knowledge on those fools who dont appreciate it.
Take time out, chill out, recharge your batteries, campaign quietly.
Enjoy the break
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish,

that is very sound advice. Campaign and organising talks does get very draining.

The problem is that people aren't open minded and the silence is deafening when it comes to 9/11.

Bossgator
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad when a fellow warrior feels they need to withdraw in some way because of encounters with people who are of the same efforts. Divisions are never a positive thing.

Infighting and such always seems to rear it's ugly head, in any arena, ours included. With SO much passion and determination, conflict within our ranks is bound to occur. The real trick is in how we deal with it.

Taking a break of sorts to reenergize is a must. The stress level of knowing what is really happening around us takes it's toll. Add to that times when we experience some kind of disagreement between our fellows, and people can get downright pissy!

Emotions will not only continue to run very high, but will actually increase as it all comes to a head. This war we fight is just getting started, so hang in there, grab some shut eye when you can; we'll stand watch while your gone.

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know

i think i hate about half or more of the phony 911 "truthseekers"

maybe some are good but many in usa suck

it appears ive been banned form jack blood forum

they all suck there

http://www.jackbloodforum.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=4905fc9d907 7273143a5e5de4a5f685d

festival of snickers
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

festival of snickers wrote:
i dont know

i think i hate about half or more of the phony 911 "truthseekers"

maybe some are good but many in usa suck

it appears ive been banned from jack blood forum

they all suck there

http://www.jackbloodforum.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=4905fc9d907 7273143a5e5de4a5f685d

id say things ed brown should just pay his tax -whats the use and they think im some demon

Frazzel
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally agree with rodin ian and stelios.
none of us are perfect so lets try to forget personal differences and get on with this important and crucial 911 truth campaign.

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 17th century Quaker, Isaac Penington wrote in 1667

"Our life is love, and peace, and tenderness; and bearing one with another, and forgiving one another, and not laying accusations one against another; but praying one for another, and helping one another up with a tender hand. "

OK the language is archaic and may sound a bit pious, but it ain't a bad ideal for any community to aspire to.

Please don't try to resolve it in public or by e-mail. Those are guaranteed ways to inflame rows. You gotta talk to each other or avoid each other.

Peace

Noel
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread by Dave Sherlock seems designed to cause way more trouble than it could ever solve. Sow seeds of divisiveness, doubt and mistrust amongst good people.

One wonders why he didn't just leave quietly if he had the campaign's best interests anywhere on his radar?

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
acrobat74

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelios wrote:

We cannot let our already small and weak movement to disintegrate any further.

You feel small and weak mate? Smile

stelios wrote:

personality disputes would be more easier to resolve.
We are in danger of disintergrating
the only winners...will be...the theives.
Why let let win?

Interesting to note how your mastery & use of the language varies from post to post. Smile
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acrobat74 wrote:

Interesting to note how your mastery & use of the language varies from post to post. Smile

Dont really know what that is supposed to mean.
i use a wireless keyboard and it sometimes makes mistakes

Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice Fish

In response to stellios and Tony here

TonyGosling wrote:
One wonders why he didn't just leave quietly if he had the campaign's best interests anywhere on his radar?

I thought I would explain why I have always adviced against a campaign based on membership or to go further, a political party with members.

Such approaches have inherent dangers in them. They are easier to control and can be divisive. There's not time to go into all the potential pitfalls, but I believe there is definately strength in a diversity of approaches and spontaneous activism/campaigning.

So fine let's evaluate the merits or otherwise of creating a membership based organisation if you wish but I will always see the campaign as a simple thing. A simple statement that we all unite around and support regardless of whether we are planers or no planers, peak oilers or not, supporters of the Iranian regime or not. And around this diverse yet unified call grows a bigger movement that is united in the struggle for peace, 'justice', an end of war and poverty and a demand for full disclosure.

In order to keep such a diverse movement together and even welcome that diversity, the campaign, if it is to play a central role in events, can't be something you join or leave, are a member of or aren't, it should just be something you support regardless of whether you have fallen out with a fellow campaigner/supporter.

So at the moment gareth and david aren't too happy with each other. May be they never wish to collaborate on anything again. That's fine and only to be expected. That doesn't mean that they can't still both be supporters of the campaign or feel part of a wider movement. There is a great big world out there with people who still don't know about the 9/11 cover-up or the 9/11 truth movement or any of the bigger picture. So Dave please don't quit. Take a break and consider that though you have had difficulties with some people

that the (9/11) truth movement is bigger than just 9/11,
that 9/11 truth is bigger than the British 9/11 truth movement,
that the British truth movement is bigger than 'the campaign' or other London activists and
you are bigger than any differences you have with gareth

Let's be clear. 9/11 truth won't have 'won' if and when we win a new inquiry. I hope none of us are that naive. It will win when enough people wake up to facts on 9/11 and the monsterous cover-up that is being systematically perpetrated by the mainstream media, politicians and other so-called leaders and opinion formers (with a few very credible exceptions) and take to the streets in mass peaceful demonstrations that will sweep the puppets and the puppet masters from any position of power and responsibility.

And like Burma now and numerous previous examples, when the people take to the streets they won't be asking are you a member of this organisation or not, are with the 'People's Front of Judea' or the 'Judea popular front'.

That leaves the question of what comes afterwards but that's for another time.

Anyway that's my take.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: