FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I challenge the Big Bang to a duel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: I challenge the Big Bang to a duel Reply with quote

http://www.contrarianthinker.com/Red%20Shift.htm
truthseeker john
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I challenge the Big Bang to a duel Reply with quote

rodin wrote:
http://www.contrarianthinker.com/Red%20Shift.htm

That article which unfortunately does not allow copy and paste (and I can't be bothered typing it out) makes several assumptions which may not be true.

For instance, it says that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light it and implies that because of this ‘fact,’ the Big Bang theory cannot be true.
For one thing, the theory that the speed of light is constant in all parts of the universe (let alone beyond it), is seriously in question today.

Another, that something cannot travel faster than light has also been brought into question. In fact experiments have shown that information can be sent faster than the speed of light! Then in fact everything is made of information (not just having information in it).

I’m not going to provide any links to ‘prove’ any of the above (can’t be bothered again) but anyone who knows how to use Google can do their own research. It can be found that there are indeed controversies over these theories. So who’s theory is true?

So, I will put forward my own theory, though I cannot prove any of this by the ‘scientific method’ of experiment, any more than many ‘scientific’ theories can be proved.

There was something ‘before’ space (of which space is ‘something’) came into existence. And there was something ‘before’ time (and space) ‘began.’

When I say ‘before,’ I’m referring to a ‘place’ (not a place in space) rather than a time, because time and space, being a part of the universe also came into existence when the universe ‘began.’

All things in the universe, whether time, space, matter or energy (or whatever), came into existence from ‘something’ which was/is none of these.

Then seeing as the universe is indeed expanding, it must have expanded from whatever it was that it came from – hence the Big Bang, though ‘bang’ would be the wrong word of course.

The universe came from a black hole? That again is an assumption which cannot be proved. A black hole suggests the laws of physics as we have now, not how it was at the ‘beginning’ – and if someone argues against this please start again where I began.

Does a goldfish in a bowl understand much about the outside world? No, the goldfish goes by what he has experience with in his own little world.

As clear as mud you say? Well, you must be a ‘goldfish’ then and frankly, we could also say the same about that article http://www.contrarianthinker.com/Red%20Shift.htm that makes assumptions which cannot be proved...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: