FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

war on milk!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: war on milk! Reply with quote

how dare you drink fresh milk!

this is a new low from the global warming mafia

Last edited by jfk on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: war on milk! Reply with quote

jfk wrote:
how dare you drink fresh milk!

Not sure what you mean? Are you suggesting someone is saying that 10 week old sour milk is better for you?

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know exactly what he means.
When Labour took over in 1997 one of the first things they did was ban FRESH milk. They sent out a directive that all milk must be heat treated.
Heat treating destroys the enzymes and vitamins and minerals in the milk.
The milk that is sold in the shops and by the milkie is all heat treated.

Today many people are allergic to milk, and the simple reason is because they are unable to get fresh milk which has enzymes in it with make digestion and absorbtion easier.

Most milk is also homogenised which is also bad.

The Labour government even sends people to court who are caught selling fresh milk. My in laws live in Cornwall and my Grandparents in Somerset.
So every time i go down there i phone up all the local farms to try and get hold of fresh milk, which tastes great and is very good for you.
Unfortunately i have not persuaded any of them to sell it to me.
I did find a farm near ringwood in the New Forest that does mail order milk frozen at 1.49 a pint which seemed expensive but still worthwhile.

Hopefully Labour get kicked out at some stage and we can all have our free choice of whether to drink fresh raw milk like we did pre 1997.

FACT: fresh milk stays fresher longer than pasterised. The enzymes in fresh milk mean that when it turns it actually is still edible as buttermilk.
Pasterized milk is pretty nasty but still better than soya milk.

Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't know what he means. The thread has no links and certainly no topical substance if it refers to something a decade old.

The wording is;

Quote:
this is a new low from the global warming mafia

New?

However, you know my feeling about humans drinking cow's milk - a vicious and cruel product, based around explotation and suffering.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
jfk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not sure what you mean? Are you suggesting someone is saying that 10 week old sour milk is better for you?

no tel,
on the news today labour have 'suggested' we use long life uht, cause fresh milk takes too much energy in refrigeration.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7044693.stm

Last edited by jfk on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
rubber_ritchie
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stelios, do you work for the Meat and Livestock Commission? Milk is good for you....if you are a calve trying to grow into a cow in a short ammount of time. If you are a human being then a cocktail of growth hormones animal fat, pus and cholestral is awful for your health. If it's not organic then you will have all of this plus anti-biotics, vaccinations to name a few. If you notice, adverts for dairy products now never mention health benefits as they have long been disproved by health professionals.

As for the life of a dairy cow. They do not magically give milk. They need to give birth and their calve is taken away from them after a few days and either shot, sent off to the veal trade or will become a dairy cow herself. They are machine milked which sucks on their udders beyond what they have to give causing bleeding. Dairy cows are bred and fed so that their udders grow huge. They can often drag on the ground they are so huge.

Those who call for 'truth' and 'justice' but leave out our animal brothers and sisters are looking at the world with blinkers on.

Soya milk is an excellent replacement. Better still are raw milks like hemp, almond or hazlenut. You can make your own very cheaply. Cool

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubber_ritchie wrote:
They are machine milked which sucks on their udders beyond what they have to give causing bleeding. Dairy cows are bred and fed so that their udders grow huge. They can often drag on the ground they are so huge.

Really? And the last time you were near a dairy farm was....?

Cows may be bored, but aren't mistreated in my experience - if you take the word of someone who passes three 30 head farms most days and often finds a cow head coming through the hedge in a friend's garden to see what's new.

It's them or us.
jfk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The government has denied plans to ask people to switch from fresh to UHT milk to reduce energy usage.
15 Oct 2007
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Better still are raw milks like hemp, almond or hazlenut. You can make your own very cheaply.

Any advice on how please rubber-richie?

Found some stuff. Smile http://nutiva.com/nutrition/recipes/milk.php
http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/almondmilk.html
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:

New?

Well i believe they are trying to close the various loopholes that are still allowing a few lucky people access to fresh milk. For example if you own the cow yourself but leave it at a dairy farm you are still allowed to have access to the milk it produces.
There are even people buying shares in individual cows to guarantee access to the milk.
So yes the labour mafia are trying to stamp out fresh milk 100%

Rubber Ritchie wrote:

Milk is good for you....if you are a calve trying to grow into a cow in a short ammount of time. If you are a human being then a cocktail of growth hormones animal fat, pus and cholestral is awful for your health.

FRESH milk is VERY good for you. Heat treated milk which is all that is available for 99% of people however is NOT good for you.
Baby calves that have been fed on pasterised milk all die within a couple of months. So please state whether you mean FRESH RAW milk or heat treated pasterized milk.

Rubber Ritchie wrote:
Those who call for 'truth' and 'justice' but leave out our animal brothers and sisters are looking at the world with blinkers on.

Yes i quite agree when i posted pictures of Damien Hurst's cow and calf and sheep cut in half and displayed at the Tate Modern many 'truthers' praised it.
Rubber Ritchie wrote:

Soya milk is an excellent replacement.

Now i am afraid you are totally wrong.
Soya milk is POISON

Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
Really? And the last time you were near a dairy farm was....?

Cows may be bored, but aren't mistreated in my experience - if you take the word of someone who passes three 30 head farms most days and often finds a cow head coming through the hedge in a friend's garden to see what's new.

I am very near a dairy farm right now, in fact I can see most of it from my office skylight (with a bit of craning). I wouldn't say I know the owner well but we have exchanged a few words, if in fact you can make out what he says.

It is very common to be woken on still mornings by cows in pain from mastitis, you can hear them for miles. I regularly see the vet on-site and she is the same one who looks after my dogs.

You remove the cow's offspring then force it to continue to produce milk - how is this anything other than mistreatment?

Hopefully lots more people will become ill from drinking cow's milk and as a society we can moooove away from it as a product.

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
I am very near a dairy farm right now, in fact I can see most of it from my office skylight (with a bit of craning). I wouldn't say I know the owner well but we have exchanged a few words, if in fact you can make out what he says.

It is very common to be woken on still mornings by cows in pain from mastitis, you can hear them for miles. I regularly see the vet on-site and she is the same one who looks after my dogs.

You remove the cow's offspring then force it to continue to produce milk - how is this anything other than mistreatment?

Hopefully lots more people will become ill from drinking cow's milk and as a society we can moooove away from it as a product.

Well I can't comment on your experience or excuse an entire industry, but the only times I ever seem to hear cows objecting is when they have their routine interrupted and get re-directed to other than their regular pasture. Plus they hate queueing at the gates, because it invariably takes the ones at the rear a while to catch on that the ones at the front of the line have stopped moving.

Prolonging lactation needn't necessarily be inhumane (if that term can be applied to animals). What is monstrous is the use (by some agrifarms - not all) of programs such as routine 'preventative' antibiotic administration and hormonal supplements.

The rash of allergies affecting human society are part of a bigger picture that includes a greater range of foods than just dairy products, which people have safely used in their diets for hundreds if not thousands of years.

That said, I agree that industrialised farming is an evil that needs serious reform - pretty much like any area the Corporates have moved into and corrupted in pursuit of maximised shareholder profitability.

It's them or us.
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware, the painful udders business is far more common in America thanks to the use of BST which, again AFAIK, was refused a license in Europe.
jfk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defra denies UHT milk switch plan

To most people in the UK, UHT milk is not a pleasant option
The government has denied press reports it is planning to ask everyone to switch from fresh to long-life milk as a means to reduce energy usage.
The clarification from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) follows the leaking of a report into the future of the dairy sector.

Drawn up by civil servants, the paper highlights the fact that shops do not need to refrigerate long-life milk.

Defra said it would not be telling people what kind of milk to drink.

"Defra has been working in close collaboration with all parts of the dairy supply chain to look at ways to reduce the environmental impact of dairy production and consumption, including greenhouse gas emissions," said a spokesman.

"The paper referred to was drawn up to stimulate discussion - it does not represent government policy and was never intended to.

"The government is not and will not be telling people what kind of milk to drink, people need to make their own decisions."

'Grossly insensitive'

The National Farmers' Union (NFU) said any suggestion that people should switch to long-life or UHT (ultra heat treatment) milk was "ridiculous".

MILK DIFFERENCE
Fresh milk is milk that has been pasteurised
Under the process, it is heated to 72C for 15 seconds
This kills off harmful bacteria, but not all bacteria
As a result, the milk then needs to be kept refrigerated
UHT milk is heated to 135C
This kills off all bacteria and the milk does not need to be refrigerated until it is opened

NFU dairy chairman Gwyn Jones added that it was also "grossly insensitive" at a time when the industry was recovering from outbreaks of both foot-and-mouth and bluetongue.

"If it wasn't so foolhardy, it would be dangerous," Mr Jones told the BBC.

"We give the consumer what he or she wants [which is fresh milk], he said.

"If we forgo the UK's long-held tradition of fresh milk, it would be a sure way to wreck the market."

While consumption of UHT milk in the UK is just 8.4%, it is much more popular on the continent.

In countries such as France, it accounts for 95% of all milk sales.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But i think JFK you have worded things slightly wrongly.
FRESH milk was banned in 1997 meaning milk that was not heated to kill off most of the goodness.
PASTERIZED & HOMOGENISED milk is all that is available today and it is not exactly fresh because it has been heated to a quite high temperature.
UHT is a totally gross milk they have been trying to push upon us ever since we were colonised by the EU.

By heating it to 135C nutritionally it becomes reduntant.

When i was a kid you could get silver top, gold top and green top. The cream used to sit on top and the milk was real milk. The only place you can get fresh milk now is farm shops and very few health food outlets.

Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blackcat,

When I make my nut or seed milk, I soak the nuts or seeds over night or for a few hours then I grind them with water in my Yaoh milk maker. http://www.yaoh.co.uk/hemp-milkmaker.html It's really simple and very cheap. Hemp milk is the king for nutrition. It contains all the omega oils and unlike fish oils does not contain mercury and pcbs.

Stelios, do you get your information on soya milk being poison from the same source who tells you that meat is good for diabetes (the opposite being the case)? Soya milk has been drank in asia for thousands of years and the people there are in great health.

The big myth of milk is that is rich in calcium. In China, dairy products are rarely consumed but green vegetables are eaten a lot. Subsequently their rates of bone disease are almost non existent. In the US where dairy is consumed more than anywhere they have the highest rates of bone disease in the world.

www.notmilk.com
www.milksucks.com

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soya milk is very high in certain chemicals and hormones such as oestrogen. Which means children drinking it go into early puberty, men drinking it have man boobs and hair loss and women drinking it have weight gain and PCOS etc
Chinese and japanese use soya in different ways.
The tradition with soya is that it was fermented for a long time, from six months to three years and then eaten as a condiment, not as a replacement for animal foods. The so-called Asian diet - far from centring around soya - is based on meat. Approximately 65% of Japanese calorie intake comes from fish, while in China the same percentage comes from pork. "They're not using a lot of soya in Asia - an average of 2 teaspoons a day in China and up to a quarter cup in some parts of Japan, but not a huge amount." So, while Asians were using limited to moderate amounts of painstakingly prepared soya foods - the alleged benefits of which are still controversial - Americans, especially vegetarians, are consuming more soya products and isoflavones than any culture in human history!

The soya bean contains large quantities of natural toxins, which are potent enzyme inhibitors that block the action of trypsin and other enzymes needed for protein digestion. These inhibitors are large, tightly folded proteins that are not completely deactivated during ordinary cooking. They can produce serious gastric distress, reduced protein digestion and chronic deficiencies in amino acid uptake.
Soya beans also contain haemagglutinin, a clot-promoting substance that causes red blood cells to clump together.

One of the biggest concerns about high intake of soya isoflavones is their clearly defined toxic effect on the thyroid gland. Increased number of goitres, but also Hashimoto's disease (an acute auto-immune disease) as well as simple low thyroid function are a prominent feature of high soya intake. High levels of phytic acid in soya reduce assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soay is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking. High phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.

Trypsin inhibitors in soya interfere with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic orders. In test animals soy containing trypsin inhibitors caused stunted growth.

Soya phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote breast cancer in adult women.

Soya phytoestrogens are potent antithyroid agents that cause hypothyroidism and may cause thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption of soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease.

Vitamin B12 analogs in soy are not absorbed and actually increase the body’s requirement for B12.

Soya foods increase the body’s requirement for vitamin D.

Fragile proteins are denatured during high temperature processing to make soya protein isolate and textured vegetable protein. Processing of soya protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.

Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potent neurotoxin, is formed during soya food processing and added to many soya foods.

Soya foods contain high levels of aluminum which is toxic to the nervous system and the kidneys and is known to be a cause of alzheimers.

SOYA INFANT FORMULA — BIRTH CONTROL PILLS FOR BABIES

Babies fed soy-based formula have 13,000 to 22,000 times more estrogen compounds in their blood than babies fed milk-based formula.

Infants exclusively fed soy formula receive the estrogenic equivalent of at least five birth control pills per day.

Male infants undergo a “testosterone surge” during the first few months of life, when testosterone levels may be as high as those of an adult male. During this period, baby boys are programmed to express male characteristics after puberty, not only in the development of their sexual organs and other masculine physical traits, but also in setting patterns in the brain characteristic of male behaviour.

Paediatricians are noticing greater numbers of boys whose physical maturation is delayed, or does not occur at all, including lack of development of the sexual organs. Learning disabilities, especially in male children, have reached epidemic proportions.

Soya infant feeding—which floods the bloodstream with female hormones that inhibit testosterone—cannot be ignored as a possible cause for these tragic developments. In animals, soy feeding indicates that phytoestrogens in soy are powerful endocrine disrupters.

A high proportion of girls show signs of puberty such as breast development and pubic hair, before the age of eight. Some girls are showing sexual development before the age of three. Premature development of girls has been linked to the use of soya formula.

Apart from the fact that alot of soya is already GM
And also alot of soya is used in animal feeds and to make margerines

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubber_ritchie wrote:
Hey Blackcat,

When I make my nut or seed milk, I soak the nuts or seeds over night or for a few hours then I grind them with water in my Yaoh milk maker. http://www.yaoh.co.uk/hemp-milkmaker.html It's really simple and very cheap. Hemp milk is the king for nutrition. It contains all the omega oils and unlike fish oils does not contain mercury and pcbs.

I have been looking for hemp seeds to buy, but cheap they definitely are not!!!! Any sites you can recommend please?
rubber_ritchie
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stelios, where did you get your information from? There are 1.6 billion people in China. If 65% of their diet is from meat where are these billions of animals being farmed? A heavy meat diet is something only availably to those in affluent countries. I have consumed a lot of soya products in the last ten years and do not have man boobs. I do however have much better skin than when I consumed dairy products. I also get far fewer colds and coughs since giving up dairy.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most Chinese families in rural areas keep chickens and other animals for consumption, that is a fact. In the cities obviously they go to markets and shops. Most Chinese dishes and recipies include meats, fish, poultry.
Do you disagree that soya contains high levels of Isoflavones which when in the body act as oestrogen?
Do you also disagree that Chinese usually ferment soya beans and make it into bean curd and soya sauce rather than use it like we do in the west as meat replacement or as margerine?
Do you disagree that alot of soya is actually used as animal feed because it fattens up animals quicker due to its hormonal effects?

You are right about almond milk and hemp seed. But you are wrong about soya, i suggest you look into it for yourself.

Your good health is probably due to the fact that you do alot of exercise being a theatrical performer.

Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have consumed a lot of soya products in the last ten years and do not have man boobs

The actual, on the ground, empirical, looking in the mirror, asking people around you to comment, taking measurements, evidence that soya causes man boobs is zero.

The alleged pork based, meat heavy diet of the chinese is something the rest of the world doesn't agree with Stelios on either (though I believe the increasing urbanisation is changing this somewhat - western diseases will come). He's just been reading takeaway menus and extrapolating from them.

http://www.webmd.com/content/pages/10/1671_51429
http://www.mediterrasian.com/scientific_research.htm
http://www.sacu.org/food.html

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i have not bought a chinese takeaway for several years since i stopped eating MSG you are actually totally wrong.

http://chinesefood.about.com/library/blrecipe.htm
every page that has chinese foods on it has mainly meat dishes

you look for yourself, so unless you are yourself chinese which i presume you are not you cannot tell me i am wrong

also might i remind you of the famous quote your socialist atheist idol made back in the day
Mao wrote:
If it crawls on the ground, if it flies in the sky or if it swims in the water - you can eat it

Mao did not however say "only eat mainly beansprouts"
Chicken Stock, Shrimp paste, fish sauce etc

by the way how did a discussion about RAW MILK become me having to prove that Chinese are not mainly vegetarians.

Feel to prove me wrong as i know you love arguing the toss about every little thing
http://chinesefood.about.com/library/blstirfryrecipes.htm

Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said anything about Mao?

I gave you three links to pages which contradict your argument which you are free to dispute. What the Chinese eat is not a closely guarded secret only Chinese people are allowed to know.
However, you appear to believe that looking at recipes tells you what a population eats. Presumably you think if you buy a cookery book at W H Smiths, this provides you with an accurate survey of what English people eat.
When I jokingly said you were just looking at takeaway menus, I wasn't far wrong!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: