FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legal Framework for 9/11 Enquiry - new

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astro3
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Legal Framework for 9/11 Enquiry - new Reply with quote

Legal Framework for 9/11 Enquiry - new

Mr Elias Davidson from Iceland is now touring the UK hosted by the 9/11 movement. His booklet, , The Events of 11 September 2001 and the Right to Truth, Rejavik 2007, is all about the legal framework in which an Enqiry into 9/11 ought to be framed. I reckon this is the first such statement, the first envisioning of a proper framework for an impartial Enquiry. If possible we need to get an international law expert to check this out.

He has on pages 6-7 some centrally relevant new affirmations made by the United Nations and also the ECHR the Euro Commission of Human Rights. The references are bit obscure and I could not get this stuff to come up on Google, I guess because its rather new. So here it is.

The United Nations Human Rights Commission adopted in 2005 an updated set of principles affirming citizens’ ‘Right to Know’:
Quote:
Principle 2: The Inalienable Right to the Truth
Every people has the inalienable right to know the truth about past events concerning the perpetration of heinous crimes and about the circumstances and reasons that led, through massive or systematic violations, to the perpetration of those crimes. Full and effective exercise of the right to the truth provides a vital safeguard against the recurrence of violations.

Quote:
Principle 5: Guaruntees to give effect to the right to know
States must take appropriate action, including measures necessary, to ensure the independent and effective operation of the judiciary, to give effect to the right to know… Societies that have experienced heinous crimes perpetrated on a massive or systematic basis may benefit in particular from the creation of a truth commission or other commission of inquiry to establish the facts surrounding those violations so that the truth may be ascertained and to prevent the disappearance of evidence.

The European Court of Human rights has on several occasions confirmed that failure to effectively investigate arbitrary killings by the state is itself a violation of human rights. That Court marked out five criteria that denoted the effectiveness of an investigation, namely: promptness, thoroughness, impartiality, independence and transparency. In this context, it has repeatedly insisted that ‘the persons responsible for and carrying out the investigation to be independent from those implicated in the events,’ adding: ‘This means not only a lack of hierarchical or institutional connection but also a practical independence.’

Impartiality, it explained, requires that investigators examine with an open mind all relevant evidence, including that which contradicts their ‘firm conviction’ and including in the scope of their investigation the possibility of official involvement in the crime, particularly when they are put on notice about suspicious activities by official entities. In order to endure the impartiality of an investigation, witnesses ‘shall be protected from ... any … form of intimidation’, particularly by state officials.

This might also be very relevant to attempts to get a July 7th enquiry in the UK.
astro3
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Guardian letter by Davidson Reply with quote

Let's also note that Elias Davidson had quite a good clash with George Montbiot in the Guardian Feb 8 207, when he replied in a letter:
Quote:
George Montbiot treats me as a 'gibbering idiot' in his article ion the so-called '9/11 conspircay virus' (Comment, February 6). I confess to being one of those who has been 'infected by a virus' - the virus of scepticism towards the official fairytale on 9/11.... I hereby offer to him [Mr Montbiot] a prize of 1500 pounds if he can send to me or have published within the next two weeks any verifiable evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt that the 19 individuals named by the FBI as the hijackers of 9/11 actually boarded the aircraft which crashed on 9/11.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Elias's suggestions open a possible new way forward for us and we need to examine the implications and what we should do about it.

We might get further in engaging legislators in debate if we take the legal approach.

Noel
mark_e
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently putting together the recording i made of Elias in Ipswich last night, hope to have it up on the we over the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: