FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Report on Stop the War March, London, Sat March 18th 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Report on Stop the War March, London, Sat March 18th 2006 Reply with quote

Report on Stop the War March, London, Sat March 18th 2006

I got the train down from Derby to London and arrived just before 10am. I met Belinda and Penny at Belinda's house in Highgate and then we made our way down to Parliament Square. Due to a busy underground, I got separated from Belinda and so ended up at Embankment and had to walk half a mile back up to meet them in Parliament Square (trying to ring 3 people resulted in no response from any of them, so I had to hunt for them!). But after a short search, I found Belinda, Kenny, Colin, Keith, Neil, Ian N and Nick K.

Keith's fantastic 911 banner was unfurled in the centre of Parliament Square (see slideshow) and we got some attention.

I was talking to one American woman who totally supported the official story and we did not seem to make much on an impression, but it was a civilised debate nevertheless. We talked to another couple of people who were a bit more receptive and they took a disk. One guy I talked to was interested in what we were saying about 7-7 and he had already seen "Power of Nightmares" and so seemed to connect the dots when I showed him the "bombs under the train" accounts of Bruce Lait and others in my folder.

We then had to "queue" for the start of the March and it didn't start moving until about 1:30pm (it was supposed to start at 12). With Brigit and Ant and 2 teenage girls (whom I did not get the names of) we held Keith's 7-7 Banner ("Who Really Bombed London? - Release the 7-7 Evidence"). The March was slow to start and it was quite cold. I was glad I had brought some provisions! Another lady, Frankie, also joined us and helped carry the banner and she did a sterling job distributing leaflets.

The march took us out of Parliament square and (not surprisingly) away from Whitehall and Buckingham Palace (round the back of St Jame's Park). We walked up piccadiliy and then into Trafalgar Square. This was a distance of about 3 miles. The weather was kind to us, apart from the cold. The atmosphere of the demonstration was peaceful, but very assertive of dissent, with some chanting of slogans.

Things slowed down again as we got near Tragalgar Square. There was quite a large crowd in Trafalgar Square (though not as big as I had expected). We got there about 3:30 and speeches from a podium had been underway for some time. Fortunately, I was able to catch Ben Griffin's speech (see below). Apologies for rubbish camera work, but there were people waving banners in front of me and I was tired, having walked a total of about 5 miles, 3 of those helping to carry the banner.

Belinda, Steve, Kenny and others had already set up a stall in Trafalgar square, from where we distributed books, DVDs and leaflets. I spoke to a few people and I was surprised in that several people I spoke to had already either seen Loose Change or something similar, or were at least partly aware of the 9-11 Truth Movement. I encouraged those people to join us on the UK forum.

I got speaking to one chap who was homeless and I gave him a booklet which I had printed (from www.tyrannyalert.com). This was a very good conversation as he could immediately grasp what I was saying and could see how ridiculous the Official Story was, once I had pointed out a few facts to him. I asked him to share the information with others.

We had to pack up about 4:30 - there was quite a lot to carry back - bags of DVDs, leaflets and books.I was quite cold and tired, so Belinda, Penny and me headed back to Belinda's house.

Overall, it was a very good day - Neil did some awesome work and distributed 148 disks. He was also stopped by the police and searched!! (See slideshow). I caught the train back to Derby at about 8:30 and got home just after 11pm. Total walking for the day - probably about 8 miles!!!

I saw no obvious media coverage of the event and could find nothing on the BBC Website this morning (Sun 19th) when I looked.  I did find this report on ITV's website.

Slideshow and video links below.

If you see no images, try this:

Ben Griffin's Speech

Short video (55 seconds!) of the march.

Stop The War March, London 18-Mar-2006 (2).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.85 KB
 Viewed:  118 Time(s)

Stop The War March, London 18-Mar-2006 (2).JPG

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Andrew and well done everyone who made it!

Bit of a discrepancy between the organisers estimate of attendance 80,000-100,000 and the official police numbers estimate 15,000!

Our banners looked good! Lets not lose them this time!

Peace & truth

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

Well done to you and everybody who worked hard in London on Saturday raising 9/11 awareness amongst our would-be natural supporters. The big question the Stop the War Coalition have now got to ask themselves is "Okay! We've had our march - now what? Another march in twelve months time?"

Their grassroots support, thanks to all our efforts, are getting the message loud and clear that 9/11 was an inside job - it is only a matter of time before their activists start rocking the boat and the leadership of STWC are put firmly on the defensive as regards 9/11 and 7/7. I think it is now up to all of us to start targeting in a nice but firm way the known public faces in the Coalition to ensure that this change happens quicker and in time for the Autumn political conferences.

Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report from Pen which I thought was worth sharing on this website forum. I hope that you enjoy reading it as much as I did and that it empowers and gives you hope that TOGETHER we can make a difference.

Quote:
Hi Friends,

It was well worth the 8 hour coach journey from Cumbria to London on Friday to take part in the 'Peace March'.

Thanks to Belinda for her unfailing hospitality and genuine friendship.

Saturday morning dawned and Belinda, David and I scrambled to cut up and fold the newly created DVD covers for 'Loose Change 2 with David's interview' and it was a 'reet fiddly job.' Then bags of items for the stall were collected and hauled up the stairs and then hauled on the tube to our rallying point in Parliament Square.

It was a treat when Andrew Johnson arrived to help out and between us we managed really well - that is until the doors of the crowded tube began to shut, leaving Belinda and I on the train and poor old Andrew on the platform, manfully carrying the lion's share of the heavy bags....!!

We all met up at the Square and were delighted to see Keith, Anthony, Ian, Paul and and another chap whose name escapes me. Still the hauling wasn't finished as Kenny and I decided to leave Belinda and take the 'goods' to Trafalgar Square to put on the stall. As we waddled off, we glanced behind to see Belinda with her back pack on display - making an impressive presence as the groups began to gather. However, the strong gusts of wind resulted in her straining to keep upright. (Good job she is strong and healthy.)

Kenny and I puffed out way to Trafalgar Square and met Noel and Jenny - plus another helper (again - can't remember his name - sorry about that,) also Kenyon Gibson. He was holding forth to a curious onlooker who was picking over the items on display and expressing interest. Kenyon's New York accent added extra weight to the convincing story he told and the chap listened open mouthed and went away with a DVD and leaflets. (Good start!!)

Kenny, resplendent in 9/11 t-shirt which he had dragged on over his thick jacket, sat down, looking like a little 'Michelin Man' and began stuffing the DVD's he had brought with him into the plastic envelopes. (He had spent two weeks solidly copying from his computer.) I headed back for the march, as my chosen job was to hand out £20 Deception notes (courtesy of David Boyle,)plus one other leaflet to as many people along the route, with a few words to tell them to search the note for web sites.

The huge crowd of colourful people, children and dogs had started to move off and the sight, sounds and atmosphere was electric and totally unforgettable. Although many, many police were in evidence we all knew that this was a totally peaceful demonstration - yet nevertheless hard hitting and relentless. The reception from nearly all the folks who took my offering, was absolutely fantastic and the sight of so many faces crumpling with laughter at the sight of 'Tony in his tiara' will remain with me for a long time.

David - your creation was absolutely 'spot on' (as Steve would have said) and the responses from the folks were so interesting when they realised what they were being given. I heard words like 'Cool,' 'Brilliant,' 'Cor Blimey,' 'I like his hairdo' etc. etc. and one solidly built chap just threw back his head and chortled - 'I don't believe it!!' with his many chins wobbling in agreement.

As the lively procession snaked its way along, my ears picked out harmony singing from a jolly group of folks standing still and singing gustily from a sheet. As I stopped to listen, a sheet was pushed into my hands and I found myself joining in with some great songs of peace from many traditions.

I love singing and had to drag myself away to carry on distributing, but it wasn't long before I was attracted by the incredible sounds of a huge drumming and percussion band of mainly young people who were really 'giving it some welly!' The effect on the people lining the route was a joy to watch and illustrated the power of strong rhythm and sheer pulsating sound which enveloped everyone and punched the message home to their solar plexus area!!

By the end of the march I found that my bag of notes and leaflets had dwindled hugely and I was pleased that not many people had refused my offerings.

I spied Belinda, who was wandering and wondering where our stall was! Since I was last in the Square, it had been transformed with a huge number of stalls and people - at least on a par with the last march, if not more! Luckily I knew just where to locate our intrepid group and we made our way through the crowds to help wherever we could as by this time, there were a fair amount of curious people wanting to know the truth.

As Andrew has already reported, we found that quite a few folks already knew some of the 9/11 story and others had guessed that all was not as it seemed. The media had helped to begin to open their minds with the various films which had been shown recently and not one person I spoke to retaliated by believing the 'official story.' So I didn't have the pleasure of a lively, convincing discussion. (That is until I was travelling back on the coach the next day, when I sat next to a university student who totally believed that all the ills of the world was because of capitalism!!)

Armed with fresh supplies of deception notes and leaflets, I then targeted the standing folks who were listening to the speeches and surprisingly, I managed to push loads more out to willing recipients. The speeches were really good to listen to - especially the Welsh chap and I thought that Michael Meacher was really powerful, but some of our group didn't agree with me there.

When Julie Felix sang one of her songs of peace in person, I was riveted as I am a 'baby boomer' and the songs of Donovan and Julie in the 60's were legendary and really unforgettable. What a treat to see her and remember back to those times of 'Flower Power, the Beatles and the great wave of 'peace not war' which flowed never-endingly, (or so we thought at the time!)

When I came back to the stall for more re-fills, there were the smiling faces of Andrew, Colin and Jayne Pick-up, although by this time, the temperature had dropped and we were longing for warmth and a cup of something hot.

We packed up the stall and lingered for as long as our icy hands and feet would allow. However, I felt sad to say 'goodbye' to my friends as although I haven't known them for very long, they are all very important and valuable and we are secure in the knowledge that we are all contributing in our own way.

Let us all pat ourselves on the back and celebrate for we are the ones we have been waiting for....!

All in all, the day was tremendous and well worth the long trek from the Lakes to the 'Smoke.' I represented our illustrious KL Group and can't wait for the next meeting when the new leaflets and DVD's will be given out and we can carry on with our campaign up in the 'sticks.'

Belinda, me and Andrew wended our weary way back to Priory Gardens and put the kettle on thankfully for hot cups of tea - a definite life-saver. I was enthralled with Andrew's mobile phone 'gizmo' which was able to play film on a tiny screen. (He also had a portable DVD player which was in action on the stall.)

The conversation was 'buzzy' and then degenerated into a joke telling session which was great fun. Laughter and tea make the world go round and I am up for all of that.

Thanks Andrew for your great company - you are a treasure to the cause and I also enjoyed the opportunity to do some dowsing. When like minded people are together, the energy that builds is just the best.

On that merry note, I will sign off and leave you with the 'President Bush joke,' which I thoroughly enjoyed telling.

'President Bush was due to make a speech to the Olympic Commission.' His aid duly wrote the speech for him and at the appointed time, Georgey strode up to the lectern infront of an impressive group of people and looked up to gain everyone's attention.

All the folk listened intently as he began :-

"Oh," he said and paused. 'Oh,' he repeated - a little louder this time and although people were puzzled, they continued to gaze at their president.

'OOOh!' Georgey went on to say, with even more gusto until he felt a strong tugging at his sleeve and bending his head, he heard his aid say in an urgent voice, "Mr. President, Sir - the speech begins after the Olympic symbol!!!"

Thanks for that Pen, superb contribution for the cause.

Peace & truth

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great to meet Penny and I entirely missed out the Vicar joke from my report - soz Penny!! We did have a laugh, indeed we did!

I should've also mentioned Belinda's incomparable hospitality - she magically conjured a delicious plate of food from nowhere, for which I was heartily grateful.

I need to get some of Dave's notes too. Are they legal tender?!?

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: