FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Train from Luton at 7.40am on 7/7 cancelled says witness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Train from Luton at 7.40am on 7/7 cancelled says witness Reply with quote

Dave Starbuck on www.thetruthseeker.co.uk talks to an unnamed woman commuter who was on Luton station at that time, and told him that the 7.40am train to King's Cross was cancelled, as were others, until a train did arrive at 7.58. She eventually got to work at about 9.30am. The interview can be heard on the website.
Sinclair
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Unusual events on 7/7/05 Reply with quote

There was a lot of unusual activity on the morning of 7th July, such as numerous cancelled trains, closed stations, large presence of police units on the streets, ALL BEFORE THE 8.50am detonation time of the bombs!!

After speaking to a mate in London on the phone on the evening of 7th July (to check he & his girlfriend were OK etc. & not affected), he informed me of the strange happenings early in the morning (e.g Balham train Fire reported at 7.15am). I googled ‘train fire balham’ and came across a few forums where other people had described witnessing similar happenings well before the 8.50am time.

Some info discovered is listed here. I suppose it would all be officially ‘categorized’ under the ‘Power Surges’ explanation, but note the lack of official explanation.

Some links may work, others not

One forum was a Millwall FC forum board (came up on Google, after the search on 8th July, now that forum posts appear to have disappeared. Site forum at http://www.hof.org.uk) which stated:

Posted by Paul Neve on Fri Jul 08 2005 @ 09:07:36

Someone asked me to re-post my mum's experiences from yesterday morning, so here goes:

My mum goes to work pretty early, taking the tube at about 7am from Morden to Elephant and Castle.

Doing her regular run yesterday -- AND NOTE THAT AT 7AM, THIS WAS WELL BEFORE THE "OFFICIAL" START OF YESTERDAY'S TERRIBLE EVENTS -- her train stopped in the tunnel between Tooting Bec and Balham. It stayed there for 15 minutes, before the driver announced he would have to disembark his passengers at Balham. However (he said) he could not get the train into Balham because of the train already there. All he could get into Balham station was the driver's carriage, so everyone had to walk through the connecting doors between carriages and get out there.

When she finally got onto the platform, there was SERIOUS amounts of OB and fire brigade there, all peering suspiciously at the bottom of the train already in the station.

SO SOMETHING WAS GOING ON ALREADY, AT JUST AFTER 7AM, MORE THAN AN HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST REPORTED EXPLOSION.

None of this has made the news, however. Neither has the reported shooting in the entrance hall of Canary Wharf. Yesterday someone posted on here about a suspected terrorist being shot there -- now I wouldn't put any credence on a story I'd only heard in one place (especially if that place was HOF!) but when I told a friend about it in the pub yesterday afternoon, a guy overheard me and said "yes, that's true, there was someone shot, and they've closed the island, no-one off or on". This guy surely couldn't have also read it off HOF, so it add a bit more credibility to the story. Once again, though, there has been no mention in the media.
Another link was from a forum at PlanetSUSE, (try the feed from http://www.disruptive.org.uk/ ), which stated:

stange a friend in London, he stated this fact and it was in the afternoon of the 7th July that I
Some people's accounts of closures on the tube last Thursday here:
http://ichat.thisislondon.co.uk/messageboards/threadnonInd.jsp?forum=1 13&thread=221152&message=591018
(Evening Standard).

I was due to pick a work colleague up from Balham at 7:15am, but when I got there I was greeted with Tube emergency vans, police and hoards of people being turned away from a closed station.

All very strange they must have known something was going to happen, they surely had a tip off. As I drove along the road, (which also follows the tubes) they were all shut and hundreds of people were queuing for buses.

when I reached Oval, which was open there were two armed policemen in a road next to the station, which for a quiet area like that is extremely rare.

the northern line was shut from Morden to Stockwell. They blatantly knew something was going down, they just got it wrong and are hoping no one mentions anything.

But this is denied by another person:

At Balham station yesterday morning from around 6.30am I believe. As there was no service between Stockwell and Morden the stations would have been closed to the public for obvious reasons that being NO TRAINS. The LUL vans you saw at Balham would have been the response team of engineers trying to fix the train. There was no cover up on the Northern LIne it happened, I know because I work on the line. There were also delays to rest of the line due to suspension, any police or ambulances would have been sent as standard to assist with any passengers taken ill or having a panic attack if train was in tunnel when it stalled and couldnt move.

However, by 7:15 the line had been shut from the south for a long time, so I don't understand the comment about "police or ambulances" needing to assist.

Also, someone notes that the Picadilly line was not working:

Got to Arnos Grove, 8.30 AM Thursday. Unable to enter station, sign reads "due to fire, Piccadilly Line suspended between Arnos Grove and Kings Cross - 08:00". NB this is well before first bomb at Liverpool St/Aldgate at 8.51AM. FOAF saw fire engine outside Caledonian Road station at 8.25AM. Was this a suspected fire, totally separate from the bombings later on? Or was there some vague intelligence re. an attack on the Tube that morning? Note that other lines (Eg. Northern Line) were also experiencing problems, but is that par for the course on any given day on London's Tube network? Or am I just being overly suspicious about how events were reported, given the 'power surge' headlines? Discuss.

BTW Big up all the emergency rescue workers, medics, police, etc. True professionals - thank you.

In closing, (borrowing from another excellent blog comment section (http://www.kurtnimmo.com/blog/ ,
we heard it reported that the purported Kings Cross footage was the ‘key’ evidence that tied the story of the four 7th July bombers together, where they were placed on the scene together, and “tellingly” they were seen heading off in different directions. so at a minimum, we ‘know’ that footage does (should) ‘exist’.

Following the press coverage that week, the Guardian and others said on the Tuesday (and wed and thurs) ‘the footage is expected to be released later today’ - but alas.no such video or stills has ever come to light. (Only stills showing the 4 suspects individually on empty bus tops & in tube carriages with no other distinguishable people….)

Anyone else have any stories of unusual activity on any of the dates 7th, 21st etc?
Sinclair
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: More info on cancelled services etc. on morning of 7/7/05 Reply with quote

Further to the recent post giving a timeline of the 7/7/05 events, here is some further info from various forum posts that I saved on 7/7 & 8/7/05.

The following was from the forum at Millwall football club fan board ( http://www.hof.org.uk) (this appears to be from a London Underground Employee):

I started work at 6.00 yesterday morning. We were told there was no service between Stockwell & Morden, due to a defective train at Balham (0630).

Then the Bakerloo was down, this was due to a defective train at Piccadilly Circus (0645).

Then about 0715, the Waterloo & City was down
because of a security alert at Bank.

About half hour later we re-opened the W&C Line, but the delays were still occuring on the Northern & Bakerloo.

About 0800, Camden Town onwards was closed because of a power failure.

Then at about 0820, the W&C Line was again closed because of a security alert.

After going over to the other building at Waterloo, I heard over the radio that the Jubilee line was not stopping at Westminster or Green Park, again due to a power failure (0850)
By this time I knew something was going down.

At 0910, we were told to evacuate the station, because there was a total power failure on the network.
Obviously we knew what was happening by then, but we couldn't tell passengers.
In the meantime, the rumour going round is that the suspect package at Bank on W&C Line, was alledgedly in the staff messroom.

Make of it what you will....

Also from Planet Suse forum (http://disruptive.org.uk/2005/07/13/london_bombs_10.html) where the poster actually contacted Transport For London (TFL) to enquire about the various station/line closures etc. that happened on the morning of 7/7/05 before the detonations at 8.50 am:

My correspondence with TFL:

To: pressoffice@tfl.gov.uk

Subject: Thursday disruptions before the bombings

On Thurdsay last, the southern part of the Northern line was out of action in the morning well before the bombings.

I understand that there were some problems on other lines as well.

Is there a resource anywhere which details these events and the reasons for each?

I am in the process of writing an article which would examine the question of how many people were (like me) taking unusual routes to work at the time that the network was closed down.

A very prompt reply from TFL:

Subject: LU statement on disruption - 7 July

A spokesperson for London Underground said:

"On the morning of 7 July, there were three main issues on the network all relating to defective trains. This caused severe delays on the Bakerloo, Northern and Piccadilly lines. This was a normal operational day and not in any way connected to the incident's which occurred later.

"Trains were running on all six Underground through King's Cross St. Pancras at the time the three explosions took place." ends

My follow-up question:

Thank you very much for this prompt response.

Is there a resource which gives the times at which each of those defects occurred, and for how long the consequent disruption persisted?

Also, here is a link to an unedited audio http://www.seen.org/audio/G8/2871-20050707-blair.mp3 of PM Tony Blair's reaction to the explosions in London (03:15 segment), followed by a reporters comments (01:46 segment http://www.seen.org/audio/G8/2871-20050707-dw-on-terrorist-attacks.mp3  ), where she states 6 explosions have gone off
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: