FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judge to give Omagh bomb verdict

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Judge to give Omagh bomb verdict Reply with quote

BBC

Quote:
Last Updated: Thursday, 20 December 2007, 01:31 GMT

Judge to give Omagh bomb verdict

The judge in the trial of the man accused of involvement in the Omagh bombing will deliver his verdict later.

Sean Hoey, 38, from Molly Road in Jonesborough, denies a total of 56 charges, including the murders of 29 people killed in Omagh in August 1998.

During the trial, the prosecution alleged that DNA evidence linked him to the Omagh bombing and other explosions.

The defence argued that the evidence was unreliable and did not provide the basis for a conviction.

It was also revealed in court that two police witnesses had lied about how they had gathered some of the forensic evidence.

Much of the prosecution case was based on forensic evidence, particularly a type of DNA evidence, called low copy number DNA - a new and sensitive form of testing.

The defence have challenged low copy number DNA and prosecution experts themselves have differed in their evidence as to how reliable they believe it to be.

Video link

The judge, Mr Justice Weir, will give his verdict on Thursday afternoon, 10 months after the end of one of the largest murder trials in UK legal history.

The families of many of those who died in Omagh on 15 August 1998 are expected to travel to Belfast Crown Court to hear the verdict. Others will watch a video link set up in Omagh College.

In addition to the 29 counts of murder, Sean Hoey is also charged with five counts of conspiracy to murder, four counts of conspiracy to cause an explosion, six counts of causing an explosion, and 12 counts of possession of explosive devices.

The oldest victim in the Omagh bomb was 66 and the youngest just 18-months-old.

There was evidence from hundreds of witnesses during the 56 day trial and there were more than 500 items of evidence.

But not a peep from auntie about any of this:

Irish Freedom Committee

Quote:
June 3, 2005
IRISH FREEDOM COMMITTEE: SUPPORT FOR SEAN HOEY

Please send cards of support to Irish Republican Political Prisoner Sean Gerard Hoey, being held on Remand at Maghaberry Gaol in advance of what is soon to be another show trial and massive abuse of justice for an Irish Republican.

Please mail cards and letters to:
---------------
SEAN GERARD HOEY
Maghaberry Prison (Roe 3+4)
Upper Ballinderry Road, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, BT 28, North of Ireland
---------------

Sean Hoey, 35, is being FRAMED by the Irish Free State and British Government to prevent disclosure for their own very complicit roles in the Omagh massacre.

Sean Hoey is being made a scapegoat in order to hide the deeper truths –

- WHY was the bomb allowed to go off, despite the Free State and British Government foreknowledge of it nearly two weeks in advance?

- WHY was crucial evidence including the bomb car “lost” or tampered with in the weeks and months following the blast?

- WHY were tapes of warning phone calls, claimed by the British security forces to have been “inaccurate”, never released to the public?

- WHY was international spy David Rupert; working in the pay of the US Government, Irish Free State Government and British Government; not prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for his court-admitted role in selecting Omagh as the target town?

- WHY was the British army confined to barracks that day, and RUC police foot traffic at a skeleton staff?

- WHY were civilians herded to a spot at the precise area where the bomb was located, while security forces stood some distance away?

- WHY did not a single security forces member sustain even a scratch in the bombing?

As this flagrant show trial and abuse of justice begins, Sean Hoey has already been tried and convicted in the press. Please let Sean know he is not forgotten – send your cards and letters to:

SEAN GERARD HOEY
Maghaberry Prison (Roe 3+4)
Upper Ballinderry Road, Lisburn, Co. Antrim, BT 28, North of Ireland

Omagh Bombing

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Husband of Omagh Victim speaks

Quote:
OMAGH COVER-UP

Statement by Lawrence Rush, whose wife Libby was killed in the Omagh massacre.

(Transcribed from BBC video footage of RUC press conference August 15, 2001)

--------------------------------------------------
"Are you people a completely incompetent force, when in Great Britain they can pick up lone murderers, lone murderers in a population of 59 million? You fail to recognize we have a population of 4 million people here, and you cannot pick up over a hundred odd people? That you have no evidence? My dear sir, this is a conspiracy. This will come out like the Derry Thirteen. This is a conspiracy by the British Government and by everyone involved in its administration. This is an example of administrative terrorism; that's what it is. Why did Sinn Fein close their office the day before the bomb? Why was the Army confined to barracks? Why sir, the RUC, why did they in active fact have only three men on the streets of Omagh, and twenty-four men out in surrounding areas? Tell me that.

I have interrupted this because I am here to find the guilty. It is indeed that I don't want to be here. I am grieving my wife. My wife who was lost. My children who have lost a mother. My grandchildren who have no granny. They lost a beautiful person. And I represent myself, and I hope, thirty other families. Thirty other families.

But I am just disgusted by the lack of cooperation that we have had, from all levels. And I do not blame the ordinary foot soldier, nor do I blame the man on the police who actually we owe a debt to that day in Omagh. I'm asking from your position upwards, what is going on. Did MI6 allow it to go off? Was that bomb allowed to go off. You, sir, have said that we will never get those bombers. I have your statement made last year so, regarding that; that they will probably get off. What a defeatist attitude. What a defeatist attitude. I will tell you though, the action we are taking, we will win this. We will win this. And that's not emotional. That's tragic.

(Response from RUC officer - muffled audio)

And what have you got on this. What exactly have you got on this. What evidence have you got.

(Response from RUC officer - muffled audio)

It would be very inappropriate sir, that I am about to again bury my wife. And I do not enjoy this one bit. I will cry for my wife today again, and by the look of the rightly RUC and the Garda Siochana, I will be crying for many many years. Well we will take our own action. And you will see that it will be successful.

The trial of Sean Hoey

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not guilty.
paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also

MI5 infiltrate the Real IRA’-
http://www.eyespymag.com/features/mi5ira.html

‘Ulster spies to blow MI5 cover’
www.guardian.co.uk/military/story/0,11816,750427,00.html

‘Allegations of British collusion in Omagh bombing’
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/sep2001/ire-a04.shtml

The Real IRA = MI5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: