FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Identities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truthseeker john
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Identities Reply with quote

http://truthspeakout.blogspot.com/2007/11/identities.html

Although we may say that we know we are not a job we do, our actual use of language says otherwise. For instance, when someone says that *they* are an electrician, it imprints into the subconscious at least on some level, that 'electrician' (or whatever job someone does) is that person. The proof is that upon loosing a long held job many feel they have lost their identity, or part of it.

However, in reality they haven't lost their *true* identity but as people are growing up they are not given much chance to discover it or to rediscover it.

So who do we think we are? We are born human and equal to life as others but throughout our life are being *told* what our identity is. Thereby we are given a false ego of the 'I,' who thinks he or she is more important than the rest. 'Look after number one' we are told, or at least be 'looking after our own' but who is 'our own' but all humanity?

From childhood we are brought up to compete against each other, to think in terms of being the 'best' at school grades, being the 'best' school, being the 'best' football team, being the 'best' country or whatever - then because of the way most that people's mind works, these get translated into thinking that *they* are 'better' and more worthy of life than other people are.

It is a formula for conflict and a deliberate one at that. Few realise that throughout the centuries the 'Elite' who view themselves as our masters, have guided the evolution of language(s) and the use of words, in such a way as to divide humanity and make it so that many people can be deceived into fighting wars against each other.

Take the word 'patriotic' for instance, hasn't this word been misused? Should it even exist in the first place if 'all men (and women) are born equal'? So I ask people, how about now being 'patriotic' towards the whole of humanity instead?

Can anyone see the plot yet? Wake up! There are indeed an 'us and them' but 'them' are not ordinary people of another nation, who like many people in our 'own' country are also being manipulated.

See similar thoughts at
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18740.htm
http://www.statelessfreedom.org/

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Identities Reply with quote

truthseeker john wrote:
Although we may say that we know we are not a job ............... yet? Wake up! There are indeed an 'us and them' but 'them' are not ordinary people of another nation, who like many people in our 'own' country are also being manipulated.

Telling others to 'wake up' infers that they are asleep and in a less advantageous position. Do you consider that the author of this believes they know better than most others by adopting such a stance, hence 'I know better than you', thus more than a tad hypocritical?

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
truthseeker john
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Identities Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
Telling others to 'wake up' infers that they are asleep and in a less advantageous position.
Yes, that would be right.
Quote:
Do you consider that the author of this believes they know better than most others
Apparently so. Or do you really think that most people are awake?
Quote:
by adopting such a stance, hence 'I know better than you', thus more than a tad hypocritical?
Not hypocritical at all if that person is indeed more awake than 'most others' are. And if you read it, the idea of being 'better' than others, is one of the things he's speaking against!

Awake or asleep, am I really better than you?
No but when asleep, we are not able and don't know what to do
Nor what we should do!

So who wrote that article anyway? http://truthspeakout.blogspot.com/2007/11/identities.html
Well, I did and I am not alone in the way I think.

Many are waking up so please people read, http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18740.htm because that person has his eyes open and is much more awake than (to quote telecasterisation's own words) "most others"! But if you are unable to understand, how can I tell you that you must be asleep without offending your precious ego 'a tad' more?

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Identities Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
truthseeker john wrote:
Although we may say that we know we are not a job ............... yet? Wake up! There are indeed an 'us and them' but 'them' are not ordinary people of another nation, who like many people in our 'own' country are also being manipulated.

Telling others to 'wake up' infers that they are asleep and in a less advantageous position. Do you consider that the author of this believes they know better than most others by adopting such a stance, hence 'I know better than you', thus more than a tad hypocritical?

Not if the author ackowledges that he too is stuggling to wake up: and also not if it is true the author is awake

Ever heard of Gurdijeff? He was certainly no hypocrite, his life was one of exacting ethical recitiude, but his work is all based on the thesis than mankind is asleep to itself

truthseeker john
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Identities Reply with quote

John White wrote:
telecasterisation wrote:
truthseeker john wrote:

Not if the author ackowledges that he too is stuggling to wake up: and also not if it is true the author is awake

Ever heard of Gurdijeff? He was certainly no hypocrite, his life was one of exacting ethical recitiude, but his work is all based on the thesis than mankind is asleep to itself
Thankyou John! What you say is right (again).
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Identities Reply with quote

John White wrote:

You say 'if' the author struggles to wake up? There is no sign of this in the text - I am saying that merely adopting such a 'I know better than you' is indicative of the very thinking the piece is designed to illustrate.

I am also not sure if you are being attempting to be inflammatory - I have mentioned Gurdjieff in any number of threads. A quick search will bear this out. Example;

Quote:
My 'lines' are definitely not drawn in shifting sand, the biggest turning point was becoming a student of Gurdjieff. I live in the now as opposed to my old way of 'projecting', in other words generating mental pictures of an anticipated future. This has virtually eliminated all stress in my life, stress simply being fear. I am extremely fluid, able to embrace change and benefit from being able to step outside the rigidity of blinkered thinking.

I became a Gurdjieff devotee in about 1978 and have twice made the pilgrimage to Fontainbleu. Gurdjieff unquestionably considered he was 'better' than most people and lived in what he considered to be a higher plane of reality.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
truthseeker john
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh... there is always someone who wants to argue
Quote:
Gurdjieff unquestionably considered he was 'better' than most people and lived in what he considered to be a higher plane of reality.

Well, telecasterisation, it seems to me that Gurdjieff (whoever he was) and people such as myself do, at least to an extent, have a higher plane of reality.

This does not mean that we are 'better' than you. What it does mean is that people who have their (spiritual) eyes more open than you, can see what you cannot see. Your ego is getting in the way. Otherwise, you wouldn't argue as you do. And when you argue you distract - yet at the same time, show (to some of us, at least) that you have not understood what this is about. Apparently you are following the program that has made your ego (meaning what you think you are) whereas some of us can see more than you beyond it.

Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Identities Reply with quote

It seems to me that there is nothing that could stroke the ego more than believing one is 'awake' while the vast majority are 'asleep'. It's an obvious paradox that should make anyone question those who consider themselves our 'spiritual superiors'.
paul wright

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Identities Reply with quote

Alex_V wrote:
It seems to me that there is nothing that could stroke the ego more than believing one is 'awake' while the vast majority are 'asleep'

It's the crux of this movement, and nothing to do with superiority, rather with aiding others progress along the path.

Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Identities Reply with quote

paul wright wrote:
It's the crux of this movement, and nothing to do with superiority, rather with aiding others progress along the path.

I agree that it's the crux of the movement - I only want to express what it is that makes me naturally suspicious of 'it'. It's the reason why, if the NWO didn't exist, somebody would dream it up - it suits the belief systems of certain fringe movements down to the ground.
acrobat74
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread, well done.

Elitism is such an easy trap to fall into if one sees oneself as separate from the essence of existence: a collective, all-embracing consciousness.

We may as well be living inside a dream, anybody seen Linklater's 'Waking life'?

Anyhow all is One and all that exists is now Smile

www.moneyasdebt.net
http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
truthseeker john
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Identities Reply with quote

Alex_V wrote:
I agree that it's the crux of the movement - I only want to express what it is that makes me naturally suspicious of 'it'.
Suppose for a moment that I believe they are planning a NWO but you don’t believe it. Or suppose you have been so indoctrinated, that you can’t believe conspiracies exist. Would that make me superior to you? No but it would mean that I know things you cannot accept. We may have been taught otherwise but it doesn't mean that we are better, it simply means that we know better.

Quote:
It's the reason why, if the NWO didn't exist, somebody would dream it up - it suits the belief systems of certain fringe movements down to the ground.
Perhaps someone would, but if we are really for 911 truth we aren’t simply dreaming things up to make it fit beliefs - it’s the other way around and we should all be willing to change what we believe to fit the evidence.

Last edited by truthseeker john on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:21 am; edited 3 times in total
truthseeker john
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acrobat74 wrote:
... all that exists is now Smile
A dangerious philosophy is one that denies the future and it can inhibit people from trying to make changes now, which will effect ‘The Now’ in the future.
acrobat74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthseeker john wrote:
acrobat74 wrote:
... all that exists is now Smile
...trying to make changes now...

My point exactly.

www.moneyasdebt.net
http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: