FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Child Benefit data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZUCO
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Child Benefit data Reply with quote

I couldn't find a thread on this so I started a new one.

I work for the tax office and today I found out that children whose data was lost in the recent fiasco are to be given "pseudo national insurance numbers" and a whole load of extra data is to be taken from them in order to identify them from anybody who may use the missing child benefit data to falsely claim benefits. I was just wondering if there has been any suggestion that this is suspect in any way and that maybe it was no accident at all, maybe it was just a con to beef up the massive databases they already have and keep tabs on babies from birth and to get this info whilst apparently having a valid reason? Anybody have any thoughts on this?

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither" --Benjamin Franklin--

ZUCO
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a previous thread ZUCO
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=12363

However interesting info on one of the results of this fiasco
Certainly a way of gaining more control

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely a simple birth certificate would surfice?

even if some stranger had all my details they would still need certain forms of ID to prove they were me, drivers license etc to get a birth certificate done of me.

therefore it would surely be impossible to have a geniune birth certificate of a person unless you are that said person.

the benefits agency surely do not need any other information than normal if a geniune birth certifcate is provided proving you are the said person.

or is there something im not quite getting?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to falsely claim benefits

even to claim benefits in general, or get a passort or open a bank account you need ID, letters addressed to you with your address on it, birth certificate, bank book, passport etc.

nothing can be claimed with out extra provable ID.

how can a guy/woman armed with a few details claim benefit with just a simple national insurence number? they would ask for ID.

none of this is making sense to me.

if anything like this happens as a result of the details going missing then it raises questions, the first one being why can they claim benefit without providing ID to prove who they are?

the only areas i can see this effecting is money being taken out of banks via request, a bit like direct debit, but even then don't you have to give consent to the bank to set those things up?

don't you then sign the form? "sorry sir can you please re-write your signature it dos'nt match" i was told when i hand a broken finger and i could not grasp the pen properly when i wanted to with draw money from my bank.

i urge people to think about what can be done with these details without coming up against some type of safeguard.

because im finding it hard to find something. even ordering a pizza is pointless as you would need to give your address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: